Welcome to Gaia! ::

In political terms, gaian means terrorist.
surprised i didn't know gonk
Analog Boy
In political terms, gaian means terrorist.

how so?
Well not so much political, but in military code a hostile terrorist is sometimes refered to as a Gaian.
oh really? I spent time studying greek mythology and heard the term quite often.
You mean Gaia? Gaia means earth. I seriously doubt you've head the term Gaian in greek mythology used as a term for person. You may have heard gaian in the form of earthly, such as an adjective, but I highly doubt you heard gaian in mythology as a noun.
no. you are right. what i have heard are pagans who follow greek religions, choosing to use that term for themselves as children of the earth in small groups back east where i come from.
Well then, I'm off to perform a good bit of terrorism. *Runs off to kill Bush*

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
Gaia was a titan in Greek mythology. She was earth. Yeah, the whole damn planet. I think she also appears in a similar role in Zoroastrianism, but I might be wrong about that.

And the militaristic definition of gaian comes from a particular terrorist group, and has since been applied as a general blanket term. But it largely refers to eco-terrorists, people who will use any means necessary to protect the environment.

8,850 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Moron... the word Gaia is the name that some give to the Earths spirit... thats why they called this place Gaia cause its almost like calling it Earth... get ya facts strait next time

8,850 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mythology:

Gaea (jee-uh)

also Gaia (GAY-uh)

The Greek goddess of the Earth and primal mother figure, who gave birth to the sky, the mountains, and the sea. She was also the mother of the giant Titans and the Cyclopes.
in english mythical decriptions gaias are elemental giants so there are alotta meaning for gaia
Dragon Warrior X
Moron... the word Gaia is the name that some give to the Earths spirit... thats why they called this place Gaia cause its almost like calling it Earth... get ya facts strait next time

Hey dumbass I said the word gaian. Not gaia. Learn to read before you go make an asshat of yourself.
Dragon, he wasn't saying that's why this site is called Gaia...he was just pointing out something humorous. Don't be such a spongecake. rolleyes
Well, there are some eco-terrorist groups that are devout believers in the Gaia Hypothesis--that the earth itself is a single living entity, though it's a bit more complicated than that-- so I could understand if the word Gaian became synonymous with those types of terrorists.... Although I wouldn't say Gaian, since I'm more used to saying eco-terrorist. Eco-terrorist just sounds cooler too. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff