Total Votes:[ 33 ]
< 1 2

Friendly Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
Shiarka Jonless
Just stick GGs into the RIGs, like they used to in the early days of RIGs if you're going to have them.

Not a bad idea. I like that. Even if they do that, though, they'd need a gold sink counterweight to prevent inflation.

Friendly Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naladi
No. Gold gens are currently out of the shop, and there is no way in Hades that I want them back. We had simultaneous gg/gold sinks before. It didn't work. Remember how much of an impact those previous kickstarters had on the economy? None? That's because of all of the ggs that were in the shop at the exact same time.

It was poor execution on their side. I don't think they really got any numbers on how much gold they were creating, but I know it was much higher than the goals they had set. Plus having the gold gens during the event invalidated the purpose. I truly hate the gold gens, myself. But considering they've been going on for a year now and nobody has been listening to our pleas for them to stop, I have heavy doubts they're going to stop now.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi
No. Gold gens are currently out of the shop, and there is no way in Hades that I want them back. We had simultaneous gg/gold sinks before. It didn't work. Remember how much of an impact those previous kickstarters had on the economy? None? That's because of all of the ggs that were in the shop at the exact same time.

It was poor execution on their side. I don't think they really got any numbers on how much gold they were creating, but I know it was much higher than the goals they had set. Plus having the gold gens during the event invalidated the purpose. I truly hate the gold gens, myself. But considering they've been going on for a year now and nobody has been listening to our pleas for them to stop, I have heavy doubts they're going to stop now.

They have actually taken the Gold Gens out of the shop. There's been no promise that this change will be permanent, but I'm hoping it will last a long while.

Friendly Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naladi
Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi

They have actually taken the Gold Gens out of the shop. There's been no promise that this change will be permanent, but I'm hoping it will last a long while.

I am aware of that. I just think this is only temporary rather than them coming to their senses.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi
Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi

I am aware of that. I just think this is only temporary rather than them coming to their senses.

My hope is that if we give them enough positive feedback during this period, that they may come to their senses and make this a permanent change. Or if not permanent, at least make Gold Gens very limited (maybe sold for one week one time during the year with a limited quantity of them available at that time).

Friendly Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nyadriel
First: there is no way you are ever gonna get any one person to buy just one on sale. They will b***h about that until time's end.

Second: your idea is rather complicated

Third: whether or not we have GGs, we will always still need goldsinks because non-cash users need to be able to earn gold too and games like zOMG and Booty Grab are the big things to go for if bandwidth issues etc allow for it.

Fourth: if they decide to bring back the ggs, I prefer it if they do one of two things.
A) use them as gold/item drops that allow us a choice about whether we go for gold or for items.
B) placing ONE gg and/or gold/item generator at a time! When one leaves, then they can put in another but not anymore til that one leaves and etc. One-at-a-time!
We do not need to have the Cash Shop cluttered up like it was before where finding items in among half a dozen and their bulk/bundles got so difficult and complicated.

First: That is one of the random placeholder numbers I had fabricated out of thin air. I didn't mean to say they need to be limited to one, but they do need a limit on how many they can buy per event.

Second: I have a bad tendency to make things sound complicated.

Third: Yes, but those had caps on them. And nowadays, I don't think there's a single person who uses that to make gold. In a perfect world, our economy would be back down to the way it was 2-3 years ago and users had an option on what method they could use.

Fourth:
A) Yes, yes, yes. That is a great idea as well!
B) Eh, I think it needs to be spaced out a little more than putting another up once one leaves. Once a month sounds like a much more manageable number. Plus its rarity would make it sell fast. Bulk/Bundles need to be eradicated completely if they do continue to release gold gens, though.

Friendly Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naladi
Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi
Isabelle Salvatore
Naladi

My hope is that if we give them enough positive feedback during this period, that they may come to their senses and make this a permanent change. Or if not permanent, at least make Gold Gens very limited (maybe sold for one week one time during the year with a limited quantity of them available at that time).

Yes, if anything, rarity towards it would make the gold gens a lot more tolerable. The gold sinks need to be more frequent, though.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
Isabelle Salvatore
Shiarka Jonless
Just stick GGs into the RIGs, like they used to in the early days of RIGs if you're going to have them.

Not a bad idea. I like that. Even if they do that, though, they'd need a gold sink counterweight to prevent inflation.

They'll probably keep using the Kickstarts.

What they should do is utilize the gold shops. Take a break from making all these cash shop items and have a massive shop update.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff