Welcome to Gaia! ::

I use my journal to quietly rant and record events. As with real life journals, I hardly ever read back through past posts, but the act of writing is therapeutic.

I would be sad if this feature disappeared. I find it useful, underutilized by the userbase and a small update would be welcome.
ventventventvent~
look at my avis~

is all I see it being used for
and that's kind of all it really needs to do

I guess it'd be nifty if you could directly post flashworld "photos" or event stats

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I use it sometimes to post about Gaia stuff for myself, though it can be read by others. For actual blogging, the Gaia journal system is too simple.

Even so, I think it should be updated a little. At least to make it match the site if not to make it easier to find random journals to read.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

My journal gets a variety of uses. I post the rare manly art I receive, nonsensical notes, though one entry is currently being updated on hilarious quotes about me that others have said because I'm a narcissistic b*****d. Lately, however, it's been OC updates for both Jor and Slick.

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
✘✘✘
    This thread could give me some ideas... Like the Tekteks in progress one, even though I just use the Closet feature and type the items I need as the title.

I've never really used the Gaian journals, I'm not good with keeping journals in general, I lose interest rather quickly. Right now I have two entries for my "art" collection LOL and donators. sweatdrop I just don't really know what to write about.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

My journal is used to house avatar art I've made (even though I rarely update it)
which renders it kind of useless.. x_x

And also I've used it to write one revelation I had toward the beginning of my
new job. Basically ranting about how much I hate it, how incredibly horrible
it was on my mental health and also, how I felt stripped of my own personal
image 8D

But hey, I've been there almost a year now and have gotten 'fired' from
what I was originally hired for and now get to spend my days in, mostly,
solitude. It's pretty kick a** now aside from a few minor hiccups here
and there.

But yeah, I guess if I ever have another really intense moment of
revelation from something in my life then I will rant about it there. It
depends on if I'm too lazy to log into my LJ account or just rant on
facebook instead. xd

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Wild Bookworm

No active posts lol
I used to use it a bit, mainly saying thank you to people for gifts and so on, but I was never a diary-keeper kind of person.
We can save avatars on tektek itself and in our outfit slots, and dev alerts means staff journals are not so stalked now, I guess. I think people still like to use them as diaries.......although for 20k (is it still 20k?) you can buy yourself a whole guild for that, which I think would be more versatile.

Shy Warrior

User Image
I currently use one entry to house my avatar art collection xp .
Getting a bit big now...as there are almost 140 pieces in it. Might have to make a second entry....
On the bright side I edit it almost constantly *clings to journal*.
I used to have an entry about the character, but I moved that to my roleplay OC's thread. And once upon a time, I used it for rants. But that got awkward. People actually go in there and read em, and leave comments *shudders*.

Ladykiller

I used to use my journal to store avi art, but eventually I got lazy and abandoned that practice. xD Now I have a photobucket account for that purpose and even though it's outside of Gaia, it's alot easier to manage.

Precious Treasure

I just use my journal to count my gold in ... to get some more gold. lol

xMichikun's Fav

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
★ I don't actively post journal entries often,
but I use it all the time to record things from my quest.
It's quite handy for storing old information I may need later
like past posting codes or random OC information.
★

Pumpkin

some people keep track of characters in theirs, but these days it's a lot easier to just make a thread in the test forum.

Indomitable Bro

processing data . . .
I have not made use of mine yet.
but this thread has given me some good ideas.

Chital's Husband

Noob

I use mine, for collecting screenshots and art. xd

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I use my journal to vent about stuff, ramble inane things to myself for no particular reason and to accommodate art I receive.
Well, the art thing's sorta not been organised well at all. Most of the art I get is saved on my Photobucket. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff