Nom

It 0.17073170731707 17.1% [ 14 ]
Baby 0.15853658536585 15.9% [ 13 ]
Poll-Ception 0.4390243902439 43.9% [ 36 ]
Marrry meeeeeh 0.23170731707317 23.2% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 82 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Time-traveling Senshi

For me it has to be tipping and thread subscriptions in guilds. I don't care if they have to hack them into existence, which one of the programmers said they might have to resort to in an AtA session after we got guild quick replies, it would be nice to have them around in guilds. Aesthetics of the guilds can go take a walk it's the features like that the average user wants.

Anxious Lover

10,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Skagz
I wish they'd stop pumping out so many items

they're ruining their own economy
User Image

This.

10,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200
Skagz
I wish they'd stop pumping out so many items

they're ruining their own economy
I agree!

I just miss the old days when people actually valued their Items, no one really takes pride in them anymore because they know better designed ones are on its way.
I just think they should lay off the RIG's, but they can't because they need to keep Gaia afloat with moolah~

u 3u;;; ♥ ♥ ♥ ~ ♥

Sparkly Fairy

maggie iratus
Kain-Senpai
You'd think by now there would be some "Gaia Wedding" feature that gave female avatar pregnant bellies and tiny Gaian Babies to hold considering the amount of complaining that comes up, every now and then.

I'm thrilled that we haven't gotten that. Creepy, imo.

As much as I'd love a better inventory arranger, I've been here before we even had the bad one so I don't mind it so much. I would think that they would have better tagging on the items by now. Some of them are just awful.
Like ones that ONLY have their item name tagged.

Shadowy Rogue

14,500 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Magnificent Moonbeam
I'm wishing for the option to change our headers from what we have now to any of the RIG ones. They're incredibly pretty and it's a shame after it being used once and then is left to go to waste...

I'd love to see a feature like this too. We have such pretty headers with the RIGs and Events, it's a shame that we only see them for a short time.

I'd also like the back-wings to be just a biiit easier to get. Right now they are just ridiculous.

Demonic Lover

T y l e n o l.
Everytime Gaia categorizes a new item as a "game" item (as many new rig items are categorized)

THEY DO NOT SHOW UP IN INVENTORY SEARCH.

It is legitimately ridiculous.
This drives me insane x ox they need to fix the glitch that stops them from labeling all items as... items, as default XD; they also need a better tagging system, each pose name should be a tag, colors and layer should be included too...

I'd also like it if we could change the name of the spoiler tag like we do with quotes, that would be fun C:

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Kimiko no Tenshi
Magnificent Moonbeam
I'm wishing for the option to change our headers from what we have now to any of the RIG ones. They're incredibly pretty and it's a shame after it being used once and then is left to go to waste...

I'd love to see a feature like this too. We have such pretty headers with the RIGs and Events, it's a shame that we only see them for a short time.

I'd also like the back-wings to be just a biiit easier to get. Right now they are just ridiculous.
Agreed on the backwings. I've kind of been eyeing the archangel ones and it is quite ridiculous about how they stand now.

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Kimiko no Tenshi
Magnificent Moonbeam

User Image
I agree with both suggestions/ideas.
I'm a little shocked the whole backwings ordeal hasn't been officially settled yet.
I never thought I'd see a site hold off on giving such a basic type of item.
Similar sites offer wings right off the bat & I don't believe they're considered rare or expensive.
I understand that "air of mystery" keeps people coming back for more sometimes...
But there's a limit to that for me. Silliness.

I'm excited to see the day when we have the power to switch the header to previous RIG ones.
I'd use that feature all the time.

Celestial Pirate

Ridley Starsmore
Mermaid Eater
RoChan
Ridley Starsmore
How about that "I'm smacking you across the Internet " feature?

I need one of those.
What about a "Smack you with a Fish" feature? I'd like to smack a few people with fish for the ultimate humiliation.

I'm 100% down for a fish smacking feature on Gaia.

TROUT SLAPPINGS.

I can get behind this.
YOU'VE BEEN MACKEREL'D!

Imagine if we could do it with a variety of fish purchased from Logan's shop!

Feeling like a weak little slap? Guppy slap!

In the need to get your point across? SWORDFISH SLAP!

Want a really powerful and humorous slap? SHARK SLAP!

Scurvy Pirate

Quote:
Change my avi, post-style and signature at the same time with a single click

An interesting idea. I'd like to overhaul all of the account settings content so that could be part of that. I don't know if it would flow well in having all three changed by the same button but who knows.

Quote:
Make less items

This probably won't be happening. Items are what keep us all working here making new stuff, without them I'd have to say that none of these things were possible.

Quote:
Update Guilds and bring it up to speed

On our to-do list for this year!

Quote:
Fix Alchemy/Backwings

We do have a pretty sizable alchemy update planned for this year so sit tight for now.

Quote:
Custom header selection

We like the idea 3nodding

Quote:
Breath some life into Inventory Arranger

Also on our to-do for this year

Quote:
Gaia Weddings/pregnant avis/babies

A wedding area might be possible. I don't see pregnant avis or babies in the near future though.

Quote:
Updated Report System

Would love to do this, not sure when it'd be possible though

Quote:
Custom item layering

Not likely to happen because the layering system is a beast and making it customizable would be difficult.

Quote:
Let users fix item glitches

Probably won't happen since working on items is an actual job, not a freelance thing. If anyone worked on an item, we have to pay them, and that's why we have artists dedicated to items.

Quote:
Pet shop

Pets? I'm afraid I'm allergic

Quote:
Smack you across the Internet feature

I'd be all for this

Quote:
Battle and Quest system

zOMG! was our attempt at the Battle system. Not sure where quests ended up going off to.

Quote:
Fix item tags

Would love to, but it's gross. Hopefully we can get some time to it at some point

Quote:
More item creation contests

Probably not feasible to do them on a monthly basis since it still takes a good chunk of our artists' time to go through the contest and select winners, create the items, etc etc.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Facial hair that don't blow.

Beards in blond, red, brown and black. Normal looking facial hair, not some crazy blue in the shape of a question mark and some s**t. Not everyone wants to be Gandalf. Honestly.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Uncle Kenny

Quote:

I don't see pregnant avis or babies in the near future though.

Quote:
Battle and Quest system

zOMG! was our attempt at the Battle system. Not sure where quests ended up going off to.

1: That makes me happy to hear, the thought of "pregnant avis" is kinda disturbing imo. Especially when the joining age is 13.

2: Since zOMG! still does have a lot of active players, perhaps it could be feesable in the future to adjust the Coliseum to support pvp? More love towards non-FB games is always welcome.

Angelic Nitemare

Uncle Kenny

Wanted to ask about a couple of those answers, because it did raise a few more questions. Plus a suggestion or two...

Quote:
Quote:
Fix Alchemy/Backwings

We do have a pretty sizable alchemy update planned for this year so sit tight for now.

This year could mean any time this year. An 11 month window seems...a little too vague. Especially for a system that has been 'broken' for as long as it has. (Read, yes, it is POSSIBLE to play. However, in it's current state, it's not PROBABLE for most Gaians, and there in lies the difference. When crafting an item is going to range in the half a billion gold bracket, and you wants folks to craft SIX of them....it's broken.)

I know Narumi was talking about wanting it started to be pushed in December...is it possible to see things in two months...ish?

Quote:
Quote:

A wedding area might be possible. I don't see pregnant avis or babies in the near future though.

One idea would be to maybe working it in like titles. Under titles, it could say "Linked to [Insert Gaia Username Here]" and it has to be approved by both parties Have it cost 5k and you each get a binding ring that locks to the account (Maybe gives off a little glow or whatever, like the angelic pendant does.)

Unbinding could cost 500k. The ring becomes a 'junk' ring, and has no visible poses.

As for babies...well, we HAVE holdable babies on the site already. Gotta love those troll EIs that Drinky made up. As for pregnancy tummies...well, I think it COULD be possible. But only if it equipped like a top/shirt. A dozen preggers mommy shirts in basic styles would make folks happy.

And if you'd be worried about site image, might I remind the other staff that you have items that already suggest far worse. (plus, I am pretty certain there are some pregnant Gaians of many ages.

Quote:
Quote:
Updated Report System

Would it be possible to get a few more selections that would be reported on? Stuff like low content threads, inappropriate avatar, and ones that might be out there that I can't think of....

Quote:
Quote:
Pet shop

I don't think they are talking about rare CI level pets like Bibbles. But maybe some basic pets (Regular dogs and cats, simple birds, maybe a couple insects like a mantis or tarantula). Could open it with the armor and weapon shop that was talked about years ago. Lex's Pets and Armories.

Quote:
Quote:

I'd be all for this

OH, this gave me an idea. A button near an avvie that does a mini flash of a giant hand smacking that avvie! Like a mini event!

Quote:
Quote:
Fix item tags

Would love to, but it's gross. Hopefully we can get some time to it at some point

Could always hire a data entry temp. Hell, I'd do it if I could from home.

Scurvy Pirate

Ridley Starsmore

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fix Alchemy/Backwings

This year could mean any time this year. An 11 month window seems...a little too vague. Especially for a system that has been 'broken' for as long as it has. (Read, yes, it is POSSIBLE to play. However, in it's current state, it's not PROBABLE for most Gaians, and there in lies the difference. When crafting an item is going to range in the half a billion gold bracket, and you wants folks to craft SIX of them....it's broken.)

I know Narumi was talking about wanting it started to be pushed in December...is it possible to see things in two months...ish?

Dunno, you'd have to ask him! I'm not in charge of the project so all I know is that we're wanting to do it this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One idea would be to maybe working it in like titles. Under titles, it could say "Linked to [Insert Gaia Username Here]" and it has to be approved by both parties Have it cost 5k and you each get a binding ring that locks to the account (Maybe gives off a little glow or whatever, like the angelic pendant does.)

Unbinding could cost 500k. The ring becomes a 'junk' ring, and has no visible poses.

As for babies...well, we HAVE holdable babies on the site already. Gotta love those troll EIs that Drinky made up. As for pregnancy tummies...well, I think it COULD be possible. But only if it equipped like a top/shirt. A dozen preggers mommy shirts in basic styles would make folks happy.

And if you'd be worried about site image, might I remind the other staff that you have items that already suggest far worse. (plus, I am pretty certain there are some pregnant Gaians of many ages.

Interesting ideas. Would we need to contract out Maury/Jerry Springer to handle any disputes that arose from that?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Updated Report System

Would it be possible to get a few more selections that would be reported on? Stuff like low content threads, inappropriate avatar, and ones that might be out there that I can't think of....

You mean when reporting a post/thread?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pet shop

I don't think they are talking about rare CI level pets like Bibbles. But maybe some basic pets (Regular dogs and cats, simple birds, maybe a couple insects like a mantis or tarantula). Could open it with the armor and weapon shop that was talked about years ago. Lex's Pets and Armories.

Pets + Weapons, not sure how I feel about arming them.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be all for this

OH, this gave me an idea. A button near an avvie that does a mini flash of a giant hand smacking that avvie! Like a mini event!

Again, I'd be all for it. Whether we could leverage actual resources to make it happen is another story.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fix item tags

It's not that the items get entered wrong. The system switches them at will and will even change existing items without the artists actually doing anything with it. There's just underlying issues with the item tagging/type system itself because it's old. The fix for it is basically (hopefully) bringing the whole thing up to current standards.

Angelic Nitemare

Uncle Kenny

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fix Alchemy/Backwings

Dunno, you'd have to ask him! I'm not in charge of the project so all I know is that we're wanting to do it this year.

Well, go two desks over an poke him....with like a nerf sword or something?

Mostly because I advocate poking people with blunt objects. mrgreen

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting ideas. Would we need to contract out Maury/Jerry Springer to handle any disputes that arose from that?

Well, we already have those issues on the site. (you know this, man. One trip through the CB would confirm it.-lol-) I suggested the way higher cost for unbinding as both a mid level gold sink as well as a deterrent for splitting. All in all, a low end code with a high end gold yield.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Updated Report System

You mean when reporting a post/thread?

Yup. There has been a few times I'd seen issues like those that don't have options for the report, but still break the rules.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pet shop

Pets + Weapons, not sure how I feel about arming them.

Well, it worked for the Wild Things/Wild Armor. A gold shop option for mid level price ranges might be nice is all I'm saying.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be all for this

Quote:

Again, I'd be all for it. Whether we could leverage actual resources to make it happen is another story.
Well, I can't see it being much different than like the pie event...just, instead of throwing pies, you are smacking across the internet.

I'm telling ya, it'd be HUGE.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fix item tags

It's not that the items get entered wrong. The system switches them at will and will even change existing items without the artists actually doing anything with it. There's just underlying issues with the item tagging/type system itself because it's old. The fix for it is basically (hopefully) bringing the whole thing up to current standards.

I suppose that's to be expected from a ten year old site. sweatdrop Are you talking about a whole new work up on the MP system or just how it is cataloged?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff