1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Hello, friends!

I've been working hard on putting together the D-Party's Birthday Bonanza for President Diedrich (Coming soon to a Gaia Community Projects Forum near you on April First!), and I got to thinking.

I have already participated in two User-Run events this year and I'm working hard on a third.

Why are there so many? Typically we just get Spirit Week, Modmas, and The Annual Ball, right?

Do you think that this turn towards more user events is as awesome as I do? Or do you wish they would just go away? Are they as well advertized as you would hope?

If you had the funds and the man power, what kind of user-run event would you put together?

Do you think DIedrich will show up to the party the D-Party is planning for his birthday? Probably not?

Ok! I love you guys! You are the best. See you later! Bye-bye! Ok!

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
I don't typically participate in user run events for several reasons:
1) I usually don't learn they even exist until it's too late.
2) I'm guaranteed to get lost in the shuffle and generally ignored and that's no fun.
3) I'm an item whore and the chances of me getting items from such events are second to none.

...I'm just being honest here. sweatdrop But I'm more than happy to settle for 2 out of 3 of these issues being addressed and prevented.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Eurydice Evyn
I don't typically participate in user run events for several reasons:
1) I usually don't learn they even exist until it's too late.
2) I'm guaranteed to get lost in the shuffle and generally ignored and that's no fun.
3) I'm an item whore and the chances of me getting items from such events are second to none.

...I'm just being honest here. sweatdrop But I'm more than happy to settle for 2 out of 3 of these issues being addressed and prevented.

You can go to Diedrich's Birthday Party! I promise I won't ignore you.

Thank you for your honesty, though. I understand how you feel.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
At least two people want Diedrich's Birthday. YAY!

Tipsy Genius

I've never attended a user-run event before. I've always only been vaguely aware that they exist.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
sterek
I've never attended a user-run event before. I've always only been vaguely aware that they exist.
Never ever?

Well that's a shame!

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Based only on the short time I've been involved in anything so far, I'm of two opinions on user run events. Their both fun and a tad overwhelming. It's fun since I've seen a lot more of people and differently personality types that go into the site in the past few months then I have in the years I've been on the site. I've also made a lot of new friends, which feels weird since I've never really been noticed before.

On the other hand, it can be overwhelming because these threads move very fast. And as a busybody it takes a lot of effort to keep up to date on whats going on. And this is only if I notice the thread before it's reached the hundredth page. Also, and this is a small complaint as I was very happy to help but it was surprisingly hard to get rid of all those grunnies.

I had a lot of fun working at the HeartBreak Cafe. It was easier to role play for.

I apologize if my response got a bit rambly.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
XinYunMei
Based only on the short time I've been involved in anything so far, I'm of two opinions on user run events. Their both fun and a tad overwhelming. It's fun since I've seen a lot more of people and differently personality types that go into the site in the past few months then I have in the years I've been on the site. I've also made a lot of new friends, which feels weird since I've never really been noticed before.

On the other hand, it can be overwhelming because these threads move very fast. And as a busybody it takes a lot of effort to keep up to date on whats going on. And this is only if I notice the thread before it's reached the hundredth page. Also, and this is a small complaint as I was very happy to help but it was surprisingly hard to get rid of all those grunnies.

I had a lot of fun working at the HeartBreak Cafe. It was easier to role play for.

I apologize if my response got a bit rambly.
No, no! It was a good response!

I don't have anyone giving out grunnies in my thread. We just have a couple contests.

HBC got a lot of attention, and it was run by a huge group f people so it looked like it ran very smoothly and had a lot of participation.

LTW has less attention and moved slower, but I think it was also open for longer?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I just wish we didn't have to resort to them to have some semblance of celebrating a holiday that Gaia crapped out on.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Slick Southpaw
I just wish we didn't have to resort to them to have some semblance of celebrating a holiday that Gaia crapped out on.
That's fair. Though it was cool that HBC got a freebie item grant.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Hassli
Slick Southpaw
ffttt that will always warm the cockles of my heart because finni is awesome cool

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hassli

I don't have anyone giving out grunnies in my thread. We just have a couple contests.

HBC got a lot of attention, and it was run by a huge group f people so it looked like it ran very smoothly and had a lot of participation.

LTW has less attention and moved slower, but I think it was also open for longer?

It did. We missed a few customers but over all it went very well.

I think they both went for about the same amount of time, around a week at most. It only appears they both lasted longer because people lingered long after the event finally ended. If not to wait for contest winners to be announced then just to chat. The Cafe, in all likelihoods, only closed because the forum it was in was locked.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
XinYunMei
Hassli

It did. We missed a few customers but over all it went very well.

I think they both went for about the same amount of time, around a week at most. It only appears they both lasted longer because people lingered long after the event finally ended. If not to wait for contest winners to be announced then just to chat. The Cafe, in all likelihoods, only closed because the forum it was in was locked.
There's a guild or something that's still going isn't there?

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Slick Southpaw
Hassli
Slick Southpaw
ffttt that will always warm the cockles of my heart because finni is awesome cool
It was pretty magical.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hassli
There's a guild or something that's still going isn't there?

Yeah. I'm a member of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces