Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Lunatic

I don't know if you've noticed, but our green goo fix (eh, and fix and fix) is in need of another fix! All over the site people are experiencing dissappearing heads, legs, hair, eyes, undies and other things!

So we've gone from gree goo, to black backgrounds, to dissappearing black, to dissappearing bodyparts!
I personally think it's fabulous! (As long as the widespread ones are temporary, of course)

But they just can't seem to really fix the problem without mixing up something else!

So what do you think? Like the glitches? Hate them?
Revenge of the Green Goo?
Will 2013 be remembered as the year of the glitch?
Should we get an item to commemorate these glitches?!

If you'd like to make a glitched avatar yourself, but don't know how, try GS hats and CS corsets and legmods. wink

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
rofl Awesome.

I had an alt whose hair disappeared earlier today but I didn't realize how widespread this was. I'm actually kind of enjoying these glitches -- they're sure interesting, and they do get worked on so we're not stuck weird permanently. No glitch has ever been as epic as the one that gave male avatars female torsos back in Fall 2003 though.

Dapper Dabbler

My head! gonk

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Guys, I'm not wearing pants. emotion_awesome

I think this is hilarious.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

Lots of really weird glitches going on. I tried putting on a pair of the Porcelina boots and parts of my feet disappeared. gonk And when I placed a hat onto of this hair, my fringe for this wig disappeared (and that combo was fine not too long ago). I'm starting to believe that the Revenge of the Green Goo is real...and haunting the site now.

eek

Lavish Lunatic

Lazarus Larkin
rofl Awesome.

I had an alt whose hair disappeared earlier today but I didn't realize how widespread this was. I'm actually kind of enjoying these glitches -- they're sure interesting, and they do get worked on so we're not stuck weird permanently. No glitch has ever been as epic as the one that gave male avatars female torsos back in Fall 2003 though.
Yes, yes, it is!
I'm actually sporting 3 different 'dissappearing' glitches. The hat for the dissappearing face, the SC:A for the legs and some white undies to make that dissappear. emotion_dowant

I did not know that was a glitch before, seems awesome!

Lavish Lunatic

Meromictic

edit: HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE HEAD?
Several (mostly gold shop) hats remove your face nowadays. emotion_awesome

Dapper Dabbler

Meromictic

edit: HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE HEAD?

Honest to God, I have NO idea. I have the dark elf Halloween 2k12 skin and the Ravenwood manor hair on, and that's what's vanished. It's the same combo of skin/hair I always have, except this time I've completely lost my head over it.

Hesitant Mystic

these glitches are the best.

I want them to come out with an item that is just glitches.
There can be the green goo, disappearing head/torso...weird cool feet like what's happening with Keiko's cake's feet...

It would be magical. emotion_dowant

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
If I save my avi right now, I will have some black sploches and missing legs... Kinda want to change my avi, but I don't know how long this glitch will lasgt... And I kinda wanna show off this avi for a bit more...

Lavish Lunatic

teaparty in space
these glitches are the best.

I want them to come out with an item that is just glitches.
There can be the green goo, disappearing head/torso...weird cool feet like what's happening with Keiko's cake's feet...

It would be magical. emotion_dowant
Yes. YES. Want this.
There are some items with references to the green goo glitches already. But I'd love it if we'd have a dissappearing glitch item. Like the Agape scissors but for heads and arms and legs! emotion_dowant

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Don't forget the black hole!

I am totally giggling hard at all of this. So funny! rofl

(I have always wanted to be completely invisible)

Lavish Lunatic

Nyadriel
Don't forget the black hole!

I am totally giggling hard at all of this. So funny! rofl

(I have always wanted to be completely invisible)
I think there are still (full avatar) invisible glitches out there, but I'm not sure. They fixed the most major one with the yellow body dye.

But you could get pretty close with some common items now! wink

Slimy Blob

23,850 Points
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Power of Friendship 100
My original Overseer skin mule's head was gone today but couldn't save it because the skin would reset. This glitch phenom is amusing though.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I went into my avatar to look up some layering for a cosplay, and my eyes were all messed up. I looked like this:

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces