Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

Jeffrey M Roth
Uncle Kenny
Your reward suggestions would work, if it were a generic goldsink. But every reward and aspect of this relates to the Halloween event. A custom item or avatar art doesn't really fit in line with that.

What I want to know is why there isn't a generic goldsink in the works after the Halloween event goldsink is over? Just one of these things isn't going to be enough to help get things back under control. :/

Also Kenny I know you are a wizard please make Halloween come faster!! xd I'm super excited for it this year, esp. since I know you've been working hard on it.

I'm 100% on Halloween so I haven't really had a chance to come up with ideas for anything else and am not in charge of non-event related goldsinks. Can't really say where plans are for any others.

And I'm trying! My hands can only code so fast though crying

Fluffy Treat

hahaha current avatar LOL in a manga LOL

Scurvy Pirate

Sebikaku
Uncle Kenny
I've asked this of several people so far and have yet to actually get an answer back. I was given the okay to have 5 users put in the comics. With that limitation, I have two choices. 1) First 5 people to donate get it, or 2) Everyone who donates it gets a fair shot at being in. One of those things is more fair in my opinion. That said, given the 5 user limitation, how would you have done it differently?
Ooh. With that knowledge, it's understandable. Yeah, I'd go with the raffle, but maybe have some kind of consolation prize for those that still paid and didn't get chosen? I mean, 100m is still a hefty cost.

Well, all the prize tiers are all encompassing so if you donate enough to get to the higher tier, you're still getting all the lower tier rewards with it. So if you don't end up winning the comic drawing, you still have the chance to win the poster drawing and get the other three prizes by default.

Tiny Inquisitor

Ants In Your Underpants
Nope so not gonna join this shitty event. Join the revolution!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Demonic Duelist

10,575 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
meh i'll dump 10k for the item

Magic Hero

You could buy at least 6 Lovely Lucies with a few mil to spare...for the price of a CHANCE at being in the manga which barely anybody cares about.

Unless you're a die-hard fan of Gaia's manga (which I think a slim majority of Gaians are) who has everything they'd ever want to buy and thus has millions to throw away (an even slimmer Gaian minority), you probably wouldn't even give wasting away 100m for a mere glimmer of a CHANCE half a thought. It's preposterous.

The most I'm spending on this is the 100k because I'm an achievement whore.

Castiel Lover's Husbando

Malevolent Friend

25,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gaian 50
Jeffrey M Roth
Ants In Your Underpants
Nope so not gonna join this shitty event. Join the revolution!

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Uncle Kenny
Well, all the prize tiers are all encompassing so if you donate enough to get to the higher tier, you're still getting all the lower tier rewards with it. So if you don't end up winning the comic drawing, you still have the chance to win the poster drawing and get the other three prizes by default.
I see. Do you mind elaborating on the poster drawing or will that be in a separate announcement as well?

Scurvy Pirate

Sebikaku
Uncle Kenny
I see. Do you mind elaborating on the poster drawing or will that be in a separate announcement as well?

I won't give away the specifics but it will function similar to the comic drawing where there are a specific number of winners and everyone who donates that much or higher will be put in the drawing to try and win that.

Tiny Inquisitor

Uncle Kenny

I'm 100% on Halloween so I haven't really had a chance to come up with ideas for anything else and am not in charge of non-event related goldsinks. Can't really say where plans are for any others.

And I'm trying! My hands can only code so fast though crying

Fair enough. I just hope they come up with something to just... tighten things up.

Tiny Inquisitor

Errodu
What it could have been...

What would be enough to warrant the destruction of 10 million gold?

Ladies and Gentlemen - SDplus Halloween Blind Box.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This could work two ways - the easy way where this box would be programmed to give you one of a few EXISTING Halloween-themed SDplus Dolls, like NPC's involved with the plot or RIG NPC's dressed up in extravagant costumes.

If there was more time and preparation, the SDplus Halloween Blind Box could've featured our favorite shop NPC's dressed up in their choice of costumes. Ian as Willy Wonka, Rufus as BMO, Sasha as Mikasa from Attack on Titan... And you could grab these cute little costumed dollies and add them to your collection.

Totally worth 10m gold.

User Image

Rare

I've done far stupider things with my gold, so if I could afford it I'd probably go up to 10 mil. But I can't without selling items I'm not willing to sell, so that's not happening. I can't even imagine dumping 100 mil. on anything because I can't even imagine owning that much.

I'll definitely at least get the achievement because 100k isn't all that much to me, but chances are I probably won't be going for the 1 mil. prize. Maybe if the event is really super amazingly awesome, but I've never been that big on participating in events anyway, and usually just stick around to chat and maybe get some art freebies.

Festive Celebrator

I think the gold sink might work, and Errodu is being a tad too pessimistic about it.
Granted, I can't participate because I'm dirt poor, but the "prizes" sound more interesting than the OP is conceding.
A poster signed by admins could be also devs and artists, and how many gaians have adore this and that artist or dev? They would be thrilled to have something like that :3

The manga thing cannot be underestimated. The last time it happened people did not have a fair shot at it. Now at least there is a raffle! Winning that would be amazing. Even if you're in the background. But it could also be a cameo, you know? Like your character saying a random line, or making a funny face, or something. So I seriously can't believe you're painting that option as something trivial.

Yes, there's still plenty more that could be done in terms of gold sinks and I think your ideas are good too but the ones announced by Kenny are a good start and a step in the right direction.

SuccuViv's Bae

Ninina
I think the gold sink might work, and Errodu is being a tad too pessimistic about it.
Granted, I can't participate because I'm dirt poor, but the "prizes" sound more interesting than the OP is conceding.
A poster signed by admins could be also devs and artists, and how many gaians have adore this and that artist or dev? They would be thrilled to have something like that :3

The manga thing cannot be underestimated. The last thing it happened people did not have a fair shot at it. Now at least there is a raffle! Winning that would be amazing. Even if you're in the background. But it could also be a cameo, you know? Like your character saying a random line, or making a funny face, or something. So I seriously can't believe you're painting that option as something trivial.

Yes, there's still plenty more that could be done in terms of gold sink and I think your ideas are good too but the ones announced by Kenny are a good start and a step in the right direction.

It's quite difficult to place the value of 100m. In fact, looking over these reward tiers, I'm starting to feel that having such an option of dumping 100m in an event is a hindrance to both the one designing the event and the one participating in the tier. Feels a little bit like Feature Creep when pretending to be the event's designer. It's there for the sake of being there.

One-Hundred-Million is tremendous. It's half of a DJ Headphones, half of Nightmare Mini Wings, and 20 million shy of a Devil Tail. How do you place a return-value on such a huge amount? Boggles my mind. It feels that 50 or 20 million should've been the number for the highest reward tier.

I won't say that a spot in the manga isn't a great reward, but I myself feel it's quite unbalanced for a user to spend so much to earn such a spot. Those who win might actually lose - other Gaians might see them in a darker spotlight than intended.

"Ugh, he spent 100m just to get a spot on the manga? ofc he did, he's rich. stare "

The reward should feel right, for both winner, creator, and audience. After all, they're contributing towards a cause of deleting gold that would in turn deflate the market.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't really feel like there's enough reward tiers as it is, though I'm nowhere near as pessimistic as OP appears to be. This event has a lot of potential to be a good gold sink, but I feel like having more prizes would make spending so much gold a lot more attractive; more exclusive Halloween- or event-related items would surely garner more appeal and more achievements are appealing as well.

I personally am probably only going to spend enough to get the achievement and at 100K, it doesn't really seem like it could make much of a dent in the massive amounts of gold generated by Flynn's plunder. I know I would definitely be inclined to spend more gold if there were better reward tiers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff