Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Kind of hard to avoid not spending anything for billions even for just one pose anyways.

I used to spend millions for one pose but then later on after owning those certain items I found that I can definitely use it for more than just that one exact pose that I wanted it for in the first place.

These days since majority of the items are in the billions I try to find other ways to find uses for the other poses too before buying that item...Unless I can't avoid not having that pose in the first place.

For in the end it just doesn't turn out that I spent billions of gold for one pose... however I can think of maybe one that may fit that description since it's only three poses and they're pretty much the same pose only different positioning: wings... well any of the wing items I own were for billions but technically since most of them were three poses and pretty much the same/similar pose in different positions it is pretty much the same thing to one pose in a way. sweatdrop

Romantic Assailant

I have an excel spreadsheet of my wishlist that calculates "value points" by weighing the price vs. how many poses I like. The more poses I like, the more likely it is I'm gonna buy it...

I have to use tektek to dress myself because I have sooooo many coordinated items, I'll remember what pose I want but not which item it belongs to.

I'm 100% a dresser. If I don't like an item anymore, or it's not very useful, I sell it.
I bought the Black Rook doll today just for the eye pose and that thing was, imo still pretty pricey. I was going to wait and see if they would re-release it, but ultimately I wanted it and if it happens to come out again and the price just shoots down, oh well.

There are some items I kinda gave up owning (for now) due to their price tag, but I still keep an eye on things here and there. Sometimes they deflate for reasons that aren't readily obvious to me, so there's a chance I suppose.

Mm, I do both. Lately I've been busy so I haven't had as much time as usual to hide away in my invo playing dress-up, but when I do have time, I can be on for hours just kinda playing around with it. gonk I also hoard a lot of items though...some of the recolors that I want to collect for full sets, I doubt that I'll ever use, but I like to have the goal of collecting them. And who knows, sometimes I use items that I never expected to get any utility out of...

Aged Misfit

I prefer one pose items, especially since I prefer older items overall, most of which do have just one pose.
I will say now that I finally, after all these years, have 'my big three' items (Ports, Wallet, D.Tail), I might give more multi pose items a chance to give my minuscule inventory more of a punch.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I'm very guilty of only liking one or two poses and buying an item just for that, even if it is pricier than I'd like. That said, I try to get my money's worth out of that pose or two that I like, though!

I've been trying to change my avatar more often to make use of all of the items I've been acquiring. I didn't use to hoard items except for old event/freebie ones, but I'm gaining more hoarder tendencies the longer I'm on this site.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

-i will let myself spend over 100bil if 1. i was feeling angry at the moment and 2. if the item in question was something i love and could afford but kept putting off.
it's a way to relief stress

-not really, if i love something a lot, i will actively quest for it until i get it.

-mostly collecting. even though i really want to dress up. trying to change more often these days

King Noob

- - -
I must confess...
I love wearing expensive s**t when there's easily cheaper alternatives.
My favorite example being the necktie from Bloody Marionette Restrung.
There's oodles and oodles of MUCH cheaper ties I could wear in that place, and they'd all look exactly the same, but none of those feel nearly as classy.
- - -

Fluffy Trickster

It's more question of can i afford that?
Most of the time, i don't or i don't want to use up all my saved up gold for it
I do need my gold pure to earn gold so, unfortunately i am more often forced to go for cheaper alternative or wait.

I think i am a hoarder, it's just easier to buy many cheap item than just one big purchase for me
My invo is cluttered with such item that best kept rather than sell.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

I'm a stripper instead of a dresser emotion_awesome

because there's so few things I actually like on Gaia, when I splurge, it's usually because it's something that I can use constantly on my base

....don't even get me started on ticket prices or pass prices.

*moths fly out of closet*

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I was personally more guilty of this before the mass inflation and such, the RIG pet items were the worst, back when they always put really nice eyes or extra poses in them. I bought Sly the fox for the eyes alone, no regrets either, those are still hands down one of my favorite sets of eyes I own.

Now days, hum.. I'm trying to think if I've bought anything for one pose alone recently, nothing comes to mind. Really, there's so many choices now on top of the fact they're constantly making more things, chances are if you wait long enough another version of that pose will come along, in some form and you can snag it, or the original item for cheaper.

I think the most expensive item I bought recently was Sandman's Fault, but I like the whole item and the character so I don't think that counts. lol

I am horribly guilty of buying one item to finish off an outfit and then never wearing it again >.>

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."
I do hoard some items..

I spend Trillions on Custom Gaian dolls that i liked.. (i like the special pose)
And some expensive items like DJs

Loyal Traveler

I have a limit, of 15 bill for items. Simply put I can't make more than that and be able to afford things. Maybe one day, I will go above but right now, that seems to be the sweet spot.

Godly Sex Symbol

40,890 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
i think i spent a crazy amount on
an item just for one pose about 6
months ago. was pretty dumb but
i couldn't find a good alternative.

i don't mind though cause i tend to
hoard items anyway so i just adds
to the collection.
As someone with 39k Gaia gold I am mortified to even see a price above 1m.

Enduring Hunter

I do spend billions for one pose, sometimes I feel guilty doing it, but the ones I do spend a lot of cash on are really one of kind poses eg. my fish holding pose from my kappa life.

I buy to dress, if an item becomes one I don't use I sell it almost immediately, in most cases.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff