Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Skoitt
This is my first Gaian Christmas. It's alright I suppose, just been trying to gain energy in that event though I don't think the items seem that terribly exciting, sadly.I'm not sure what other Christmas's where like on Gaia, but it hasn't felt much like Christmas to me at all this year, so I guess it must be me.

I hope that your first Christmas on Gaia starts to pick up. I wouldn't say that it's you, because I've noticed that things seem to be a little slower this year than they have been previously. I haven't even seen any of the elves running around yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't disappoint!

Tipsy Lunatic

2k5 was my first christmas.

It was my first event ever too. All I could think was "OMG, free exclusive items?!"
It was the striped spirited set. Those gloves and boxers were popular for a very long time.

Friendly Gaian

I don't really remember much of my first Gaian Christmas, but I each year I always get gifts for random strangers, even though I'm not as good as anyone who's an elf since I'm not made of Gaia Gold. I just like the overall spirit of giving, but holiday time is when I gift more often.

Original Humorist

psismith
Skoitt
This is my first Gaian Christmas. It's alright I suppose, just been trying to gain energy in that event though I don't think the items seem that terribly exciting, sadly.I'm not sure what other Christmas's where like on Gaia, but it hasn't felt much like Christmas to me at all this year, so I guess it must be me.

I hope that your first Christmas on Gaia starts to pick up. I wouldn't say that it's you, because I've noticed that things seem to be a little slower this year than they have been previously. I haven't even seen any of the elves running around yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't disappoint!

Thanks! I think the whole apocalypse thing was distracting them a little, things might get more exciting at the days get closer. Are the elves random gifting gaians? I think after posting here I've got a few anonymous gifts, and I would like to say thanks to those gifters if they are here. ^^

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

2003 with the giant tree on the town map where you could donate and receive a nice pair of slippers....there were so many slippers x.x

Slumbering Tengu

My first Christmas was the Zurg Christmas where there was Santa cow and the little Zurg each giving presents
I don't remember much about that event other then I had a hard time with it xD
I ended up overpaying on event items I missed out which then deflated
and never rose back up to what I originally bought them for
I was super mad rofl

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
i joined in February 2009 so my first Christmas event wasn't until 2010. I think it was when we had to dump all our junk into a cheer meter to get the Overseer and Sen to fly that dammed bathtub of theirs....From what i remember of it it was enjoyable, but a bit repetitive.

~Eva

Smitten Pumpkin

My first Gaia Christmas was in 2006, with Zurg Santa. We received Water Meat and the Lucky Star. I don't remember a lot about it, and the Gaia Wiki page for it is being rewritten. My second Gaia Christmas was amazing, though (the one with the orphans. I loved that story).

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Drunken Jester
2k5 was my first christmas.

It was my first event ever too. All I could think was "OMG, free exclusive items?!"
It was the striped spirited set. Those gloves and boxers were popular for a very long time.

Christmas is a great introduction to events on Gaia! I definitely remember how excited I got the first time I got free event items. Though the feeling has worn off a little, I still get pretty excited. smile I decided to try to get most of the previous years' caroling items a few years ago, but it got incredibly expensive. I think I've managed to pick up most of them as I've found decent prices in the marketplace over the years.

Alyxiiah
I don't really remember much of my first Gaian Christmas, but I each year I always get gifts for random strangers, even though I'm not as good as anyone who's an elf since I'm not made of Gaia Gold. I just like the overall spirit of giving, but holiday time is when I gift more often.

That's really nice of you. It really is the thought that counts. I think most members of the community are just excited to see that someone found them special enough to send a gift, rather than being disappointed if the gift isn't something huge. The spirit of giving around here is probably why I like the Christmas event more than any other!

Skoitt
Thanks! I think the whole apocalypse thing was distracting them a little, things might get more exciting at the days get closer. Are the elves random gifting gaians? I think after posting here I've got a few anonymous gifts, and I would like to say thanks to those gifters if they are here. ^^

That's true. The apocalypse is a pretty heavy and somewhat depressing theme. It definitely has a bit of an effect on the mood of the holiday. Elves are random gifting Gaians, but they exist as mules created specifically to give gifts during the Christmas event (or sometimes are anonymous gifters that sign their gifts with their elf names). Otherwise, there are tons of really amazing community members that just anonymously gift people from the forums. If someone did gift you after posting here, I'm excited that there's some gifting going on in the thread!

Rabid-Turtle

2003 with the giant tree on the town map where you could donate and receive a nice pair of slippers....there were so many slippers x.x

Hahahaha. Nice. I wonder if there are any screen shots anywhere.

Konan Tatsuhiko

My first Christmas was the Zurg Christmas where there was Santa cow and the little Zurg each giving presents
I don't remember much about that event other then I had a hard time with it xD
I ended up overpaying on event items I missed out which then deflated
and never rose back up to what I originally bought them for
I was super mad rofl

I definitely get frustrated if I'm not able to earn an event item and have to pay heftily for it. I hope you've been able to make up the difference over the years in other ways.

Evalinna
i joined in February 2009 so my first Christmas event wasn't until 2010. I think it was when we had to dump all our junk into a cheer meter to get the Overseer and Sen to fly that dammed bathtub of theirs....From what i remember of it it was enjoyable, but a bit repetitive.

~Eva

That's probably the Christmas event that I remember the best. I still have the downloadable game that they made available sitting on my computer.

Lindpen
My first Gaia Christmas was in 2006, with Zurg Santa. We received Water Meat and the Lucky Star. I don't remember a lot about it, and the Gaia Wiki page for it is being rewritten. My second Gaia Christmas was amazing, though (the one with the orphans. I loved that story).

I think the orphan Christmas (which I just barely missed) is probably the most easily forgotten. But when it is remembered, people seem to look back on it fondly.

I'll be spending the day with my family finishing up my Christmas shopping, but I'll make sure to check back in when I return. Feel free to keep the conversation going while I'm gone. I'll do my best to reply to everyone when I'm back. biggrin

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
All I can remember was caroling in towns in getting confused.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
psismith

Rabid-Turtle

Hahahaha. Nice. I wonder if there are any screen shots anywhere.

This is the most I could dig up, even if I had taken screenshots I've gone through at least 4 computers since then I'm sure they'd be lost in harddrive crashes XD

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2582403

http://gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_2k3:_The_First_Christmas

I really do miss using the map for events. And Santa...your not a cow anymore come back to us Santa T^T

Hissra's Waifu

Anxious Darling

2k4 was my first, so this is my ninth Gaia Christmas. c: I've started participating in the event, but I'm super busy so I don't have a lot of time for it this year. Gosh I can't even remember what the items were that year anymore.

yum_strawberry

Hot Dog

2007 was my first Gaia Christmas, but I never really fully understood the event so I practically skipped it (except for the 12 free items). Oh orphans.

2008 was a lot better, I actually got the hang of everything gaia and had my Gaia Christmas by helping santa revert back into a human. I was a zOMG noob back then and didn't know about the Christmas event so I just received random loot from the tree.

/sigh I actually wasted both. 8DDD

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
psismith
I joined in February 2008, so I just missed the 2007 event and was a member for almost a year when I experienced my first Gaia Christmas. The event for the year focused on turning Santa human again after he had been body-swapped with a cow in a previous event. Having missed the earlier event, I needed to do a little catch-up to completely understand what was going on. But the event was incredibly fun. This was the first time I was introduced to anonymous gifting on the site and learned about the elves that show up in the forums this time of year. I tried my hand at anonymous gifting, but didn't have a lot of resources to do anything big. But I really enjoyed myself, and it made me feel like a part of the community for the first time.

Do you remember your first Christmas on Gaia? Which event was it and what was your experience like? How long had you been a member?

Is this your first Christmas on Gaia? How are you enjoying it so far? How much of the event have you participated in? What do you still hope to experience before the end of the holiday?

I've been a part of gaia since 2006 on my old account (still trying to get back in sad ) but for some reason I just never ever did the xmas events. This is my first one in six years, and it's pretty fun!

Friendly Gaian

psismith

I'm simply infected at this magical time every year to gift. ;p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out