Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I joined in February 2008, so I just missed the 2007 event and was a member for almost a year when I experienced my first Gaia Christmas. The event for the year focused on turning Santa human again after he had been body-swapped with a cow in a previous event. Having missed the earlier event, I needed to do a little catch-up to completely understand what was going on. But the event was incredibly fun. This was the first time I was introduced to anonymous gifting on the site and learned about the elves that show up in the forums this time of year. I tried my hand at anonymous gifting, but didn't have a lot of resources to do anything big. But I really enjoyed myself, and it made me feel like a part of the community for the first time.

Do you remember your first Christmas on Gaia? Which event was it and what was your experience like? How long had you been a member?

Is this your first Christmas on Gaia? How are you enjoying it so far? How much of the event have you participated in? What do you still hope to experience before the end of the holiday?

Dapper Autobiographer

7,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I actually made my very first account on here on Christmas day. I remember trying to avoid my parents so I hid in my room with my laptop and magically found Gaia. Now that was I think in 07 and I was 11 or 12 at the time.

As for the event, I was totally oblivious to what it was. It might have been the one with the orphans. But I didn't know exactly what to do so I spent my whole first day on Gaia fishing and bumping. Good times

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
doodliness
I actually made my very first account on here on Christmas day. I remember trying to avoid my parents so I hid in my room with my laptop and magically found Gaia. Now that was I think in 07 and I was 11 or 12 at the time.

As for the event, I was totally oblivious to what it was. It might have been the one with the orphans. But I didn't know exactly what to do so I spent my whole first day on Gaia fishing and bumping. Good times

I can't even imagine joining the site in the middle of an event. That could get to be pretty confusing. But it's cool that you found Gaia and are still here! It's kind of neat that you can say that you joined on Christmas.

Dapper Autobiographer

7,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
This is actually the 2nd account I've made on Gaia and is now my dominant one. I think I made this one in 08 and I have just logged back in after two years of inactivity. It is good to be back and see all of the changes. Also I try to make it a tradition to come back every year during Christmas time just to see what story-line the event has.

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
doodliness
This is actually the 2nd account I've made on Gaia and is now my dominant one. I think I made this one in 08 and I have just logged back in after two years of inactivity. It is good to be back and see all of the changes. Also I try to make it a tradition to come back every year during Christmas time just to see what story-line the event has.

I've seen a few people that like to at least stop by for every Christmas event. I think it's my favorite time of year on the site (with Halloween being a close second). What's it like to be back after 2 years?

Dapper Autobiographer

7,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
psismith
doodliness

I've seen a few people that like to at least stop by for every Christmas event. I think it's my favorite time of year on the site (with Halloween being a close second). What's it like to be back after 2 years?

Pretty good I guess. Even thought there are many things new the layout hasn't been changed too bad so I know how to get around. The threads seem to be a lot more active on average and that's probably due to more users now.
It makes me sad to look back and see all of my posts in the Lifestyle Discussion forum and finding out my old friends on here are inactive. *sigh*

Dapper Browser

My first Christmas event was the 2k6 one, with the orphans. I joined in November, I think, because I don't remember the 2k6 Halloween event, but I'm pretty sure it was in the fall. 3nodding

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
doodliness
Pretty good I guess. Even thought there are many things new the layout hasn't been changed too bad so I know how to get around. The threads seem to be a lot more active on average and that's probably due to more users now.
It makes me sad to look back and see all of my posts in the Lifestyle Discussion forum and finding out my old friends on here are inactive. *sigh*

I think it says a lot that the site can change, but still be pretty easy to navigate after 2 years. It's definitely sad when someone you know goes inactive, but hopefully they just got busy with something else that fulfills them. As the years go by, it can definitely be difficult to always find the time for Gaia. It's nice that, when someone spends some time away, it's still here waiting when they get a chance to come back. smile

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lord Jeeves
My first Christmas event was the 2k6 one, with the orphans. I joined in November, I think, because I don't remember the 2k6 Halloween event, but I'm pretty sure it was in the fall. 3nodding

Did you get a chance to participate much in Christmas that year, or were you still getting a feel for the site?

Dapper Browser

psismith
Lord Jeeves

Did you get a chance to participate much in Christmas that year, or were you still getting a feel for the site?

I participated in it. I remember it very well, in fact; I think I knew enough how to play the site at that point, so caroling and stuff wasn't that confusing to me. I still have my 2k6 Christmas items! I was thirteen years old at the time...

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lord Jeeves
I participated in it. I remember it very well, in fact; I think I knew enough how to play the site at that point, so caroling and stuff wasn't that confusing to me. I still have my 2k6 Christmas items! I was thirteen years old at the time...

That's really cool. All of the events have kind of blended together for me over the years. It took me a minute to remember which one was my first. I think I've held on to every event item I've gotten over the years. Whether I use them or not, they seems special to me.

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
I've been here for every Christmas Gaia has had. I don't know if I have a favorite but I do like the Apocalyptic theme to this one because it's so different. That and I like Post Apocalyptic stuff in general. I think my least favorite part of these events is the caroling. I always forget to do it.

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Meeki
I've been here for every Christmas Gaia has had. I don't know if I have a favorite but I do like the Apocalyptic theme to this one because it's so different. That and I like Post Apocalyptic stuff in general. I think my least favorite part of these events is the caroling. I always forget to do it.

Every year? That's amazing! I often wish I would have been around earlier. I think caroling is my least favorite part as well, but more because of having to wait in between visiting the shops. It just feels like it takes forever. I still enjoy it more than it annoys me, though.

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
psismith
Every year? That's amazing! I often wish I would have been around earlier. I think caroling is my least favorite part as well, but more because of having to wait in between visiting the shops. It just feels like it takes forever. I still enjoy it more than it annoys me, though.

I certainly never thought I'd be with this site as long as I have been. I've made some great friends here though, and there's always something new happening in the form of items, events, or games. I get excited for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day on here. whee

Benevolent Vampire

25,715 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Meeki
I certainly never thought I'd be with this site as long as I have been. I've made some great friends here though, and there's always something new happening in the form of items, events, or games. I get excited for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day on here. whee

I can't even imagine not stopping by regularly. I would always feel like I'm missing out on something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff