Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Bornes
Bob Dobbs
The sister site G-online went so well. I can't imagine what could go wrong with this new sister one.
That was the chinese one, right? What happened to it?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-s-chinese-sister-site-is-gone-now-wut/t.81900185_16/

Tricky Treasure

I can still see the half cropped 9gag watermark rofl

would it really have been so hard for them to half-a** their own images for this?

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I thinks is essentially Gaia's way of hinting that they will allow hentai artwork between users now. On their "sister" site of course.

Impassioned Misfit

I don't accept their "apologies" for the survey s**t in the least.

I absolutely don't understand why they can't just ******** make their own images. For christ's sake, Gaia. Or whomever the ******** is making these stupid surveys.

Also, posting an ittybitty disclaimer doesn't exactly make it less art theft??

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I didn't get this survey lol

Magnetic Phantom

Super Fightin Prototype
Anjoulie
Halfling Heroine
Really Gaia, really? emotion_facepalm You honestly thought no-one would notice that you used the very same offensive graphic as before? This makes a total mockery of their so called "apology". I can't believe that they were foolish enough to make this mistake a second time.

My thoughts exactly.
This must be the worst "fix" anyone ever did on anything and to makes their apology ring hollow.

As much as I saw that as a mis-step, I don't think anyone would have cared if they hadn't used the body-shaming macro version to begin with.

The unauthorized use of art though, I think they should have had some in-house artists draft something up.

(fixed the quoting for you)

I for one would still have cared, even though I don't have weight problems myself.
Why can't they expend some more energy and create a system that has different body types just like we now have different skin tones.
I am aware that this might be more complicated than different skin tones, but since they're evidently aware of the fact that people come in different sizes and that people on here have already asked for items that alter their avatar's body shapes, why not go all the way.
Sure, maybe the extreme ones wouldn't see a lot of use but the simple availability of them would still send a much more sincere message than their "apology" did.

The art-theft is just highly unprofessional, especially when they repeated this after it had been pointed out to them.
They kick users off the site for stealing one piece of art and then they turn around and do it themselves with tons of pieces and repeatedly.

Trash Lunatic

Hmmmm.... I never got an email about the redone survey. confused I just switched my email over too, though, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm 21, soooo....
It is shitty of them to not credit people where it's due, though.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Lucidly
It's still lazy and unprofessional. They should have created their own art to choose from, because then it would be a more accurate depication of how it could be implemented.

Alien Spirit

Quote:
"as always, we cannot wait to hear what you have to say! "

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
If they had released this one in the first place, rather than "accidentally" releasing the one with the offensive names on it, I think it would have been more acceptable. Just seeing the pictures with a letter above each one is not so bad (though like half of the male images looked like the same body type to me, so wut?).

The art theft is pretty bad though. They even chose one with a DA watermark on it; how lazy is that?

They should have had their inhouse artists draw some images for the survey instead of doing it this way, and they DEFINITELY should have revamped the entire thing with all-new art after the shitstorm they created the first time.

Oh, but they can't monetize the survey, though... so I guess they couldn't justify paying their artists to create the images for it. Sorry to jump on the snarky bandwagon here but I really think this was a very poor decision and I can't see a really super good reason for making it.

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Since I didn't get the survey link, does anyone have it handy and is it still valid? Asking on behalf of kotokikurama, who I've just heard back from regarding the use of their catwoman drawing.

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
did the body type post ask for the survey taker's body type? or the body type they preferred to look at?

Loiterer

Dallise
did the body type post ask for the survey taker's body type? or the body type they preferred to look at?
Two questions.

One: What is the most attractive body type.

Two: On an avatar site, what body type would you pick to represent yourself

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Bornes
Dallise
Two questions.

One: What is the most attractive body type.

Two: On an avatar site, what body type would you pick to represent yourself

thanks for the quick reply

Sheacka's Senpai

Wailing Pumpkin

18,025 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
ninja ninja ninja
MY GOD PEOPLE, IT;S ART, RANDOM ART FLOATING ABOUT ONLINE WITHOUT COPYRIGHT. HOW MANY OF YOU DO THE SAME THING FOR YOUR SIGNATURE AND RPC PHOTOS? WOOPS, BEFORE WE GO SAYING GAIA NEEDS TO SAVE FACE ONCE AGAIN AND GO OFF ON ANOTHER WITCH HUNTING TANGENT, LETS TAKE A LOOK AT OURSELVES FIST. WE DO THE SAME THING!!!
Rant over, point made, deal with it. stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces