professionally.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Bornes
Beast Henshin
I was wondering why I didn't get it. I thought it was because I completed the original.

Do they even track that?
I completed the original and I still got this one.

Well dang. I guess this is another subgroup I don't fit into.

Mega Bit

I've never got any e-mails about the 18+ site, even though I'm over 18. Maybe I should check the e-mails of my other accounts, just out of curiosity. Though I'm not particularly interested in a new site, I'm a bit stuck in my ways and sites I visit regularly at this point.

Stubborn Gifter

Looks lazy to me, even if it's "revised." I still think that Gaia should have use their own artwork, even if reusing the images from the previous RIG artworks. I mean, how hard is that?

But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if people will still rage about the no credit to the catwoman images as well as the body images. However, I never expect Gaia to reuse those images. If I was in their position and I don't want to bring drama llama, I would have created another new survey to save my face.

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
That catwoman question is terrible. Shes not even dressed or posed the same in all the pictures. They arent very comparable that way.

also art theft is bad gaia. Shame on you.

I honestly dont really like any of the particular body types for options.

I feel like this survey wont get very good data for them to work with. Though they are apparently gonna try.

Hallowed Lunatic

it does look pretty poorly made to me, but at least they gave a disclaimer for the art. lol so technically it isn't stolen..
while i don't think that they should've made entirely new art just for that portion of the survey, because that would take a lot of time and most of their artists are probably busy with other things, they could've used past art from the site to use. Like art from MC's? It wouldn't be that hard to find Gaia art with changing body types/art types.

but, again, i still don't care very much about the survey, although i'm excited as to what it's pointing towards. diverse bodies/different drawing style on the +18 site. emotion_drool

although i'm buttmad i didn't get a survey email. B( i'm +18.

Shameless Ladykiller

gaia_star
If the art is indeed stolen, I'd have to wonder if Gaia as a whole has already forgotten about the Dual Sword Belt fiasco from a year or two ago.

Concerning the site itself, I wouldn't mind a new, modernised avatar system. As much as I like our current cutesy-cutesy avatars, I often find myself despising the limited positions of the arms: Especially the arm furthest away. The only solution comes in the form of body mods: And they too are... Limiting! Through either awkward posing or difficult colours, few of them're of any use to me.
However, though I don't mind a site for adults, I'm not too keen on adult sites. I may be jumping to conclusions, perhaps that's not what's meant by an '18+ site'. Well, time'll tell.

Time-traveling Senshi

desu-ish

the fact that they're using all of that art without permission
              for commercial purposes is definitely illegal, not just a d**k
              move. what the ********, gaia?

this isn't a tiny user based community anymore and i
              would have really liked to expect them to conduct themselves
              professionally.

It seriously depends on the type of copyright being used for those images. If it's a regular copyright then yes Gaia can't use that image for anything at all. If it's a Creative Commons copyright then it depends on how much the artist allows for their images. If it is a Creative Commons copyright then does the artist allow for distribution for non commercial use, like over Tumblr or on a Twitter feed, as long as the image remains unedited and unused for new pieces of art? Or is it a totally allows derivative works for commercial work share and share alike Creative Commons copyright? The second one applies mostly to stock photos and illustrations people can use for their personal and commercial work.

Most hand drawn work on DA will fall under the first category even though they never paid for a full on copyright so it doesn't really have a copyright unless they use the Creative Commons copyright for it because that one is free to apply for. DA gives people the Creative Commons tools to apply to their work but a lot of people it seems don't go for that and instead opt for a little DA stamp that says don't you dare distribute this in any way type of stuff. It's a pretty sticky situation because even under a CC you're supposed to give proper credit back to the original artist.

I guess the question here becomes is this simple distribution or something being directly sold for money.

Loiterer

iShizuma
gaia_star
If the art is indeed stolen, I'd have to wonder if Gaia as a whole has already forgotten about the Dual Sword Belt fiasco from a year or two ago.
I've forgotten. Educate me?

Romantic Pirate

52,275 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
It is a shame they didn't ask the artists if they could borrow the art work for the purpose of the quiz, most probably wouldn't have minded.

Though, I'm not looking forward to this +18 site. Will gaia be sent to the trash so that they can focus on that site? Plus people have put a lot more money into gaia. Most probably don't want to have to start over for a different site.

Shameless Ladykiller

Bornes
I've forgotten. Educate me?

gaia_star
I see now that I could've worded that a bit better.
I think this'll remind you: Ye Olde Topice.
But, to summarise the contents of that page, a user stole artwork, and submitted it for a Design an Item contest. It won, for a while.

Edit: Ah, my apologies. It was called the Dual Blade Belt, not the Dual Sword Belt.

Astral Dreamer

Since OP seems to be the only one who received this survey, forgive me if I don't believe it. Not until others come forward saying they've gotten it too.

Enduring Hero

Really Gaia, really? emotion_facepalm You honestly thought no-one would notice that you used the very same offensive graphic as before? This makes a total mockery of their so called "apology". I can't believe that they were foolish enough to make this mistake a second time.

Loiterer

VVithnail
Since OP seems to be the only one who received this survey, forgive me if I don't believe it. Not until others come forward saying they've gotten it too.
You're the second person to say this and really this is pretty stupid.

I can understand people going on the internet and telling lies, but I've provided screenshots. What more do you want? Do you really think I would spend all this time photoshopping all that s**t just for a GCD thread? I'm not even that popular of a Gaia user.
What do I have to possibly gain by making all this s**t up?

That being said, just because I'm sure others are secretly on the disbelief train.
In the mailbox (trash now, obviously)
The email itself

Astral Dreamer

Bornes
oh calm down will you? I just thought its was suspicious. You said it yourself you weren't popular, why would I trust a user I've never seen before?

It's not stupid to be suspicious, it's sensible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff