Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Glitch

Me and my sister are putting down a bond for an apartment.

Because of AUD, it is less than the Gaia Cash would be for the Win Gaia bundle.
Nah never. Even if i was rich i'd save it for a rainy day. The other downside of putting a grand into something is that you become more invested in it. Good for some, but i'd hate to be worrying about whether all my expensives are deflating or not. Have enough irl worries for that.

Newbie Noob

Hell to the no. $1000 can get my family of five, two-three months worth of groceries (If we refrain from eating out) or 10 weeks worth of gasoline for my car, so I can drive to work to make more money.
There's no way I'd spend that much on Gaia, when I need to pay bills, feed my family, and buy other necessities like gasoline.
If I had that much disposable income to throw around, then maybe I would, but since that's never gonna happen, I'm never gonna throw $1000 on a bundle of pixels.

Timid Astronomer

11,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Trafficker 100
if you've got $1000 to spare on something like this, you dont really need to worry about the consequences (that being said, there are people who would bust money on something like this who can't really afford it). if i had the $1000 to spare and it wouldnt make such a big dent on my life, i might do it. probably not, i'm fairly frugal irl.
but with the money, i'd probably replace my recently misplaced phone, but i also have university supplies that i've really got to buy before next semester starts

Dedicated Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
Don't think I've ever spent $1000 on one "thing". I think the only thing I've ever bought even close to that amount is a gaming laptop and some accessories. If $1000 just magically poofed into my possession, it would all go towards my rent and paying off student loans. You would never catch me paying that much for pixels, but if that's how someone wishes to spend their money, more power to them.
Yes. TUITION classified_fu

Though I think over the years I may have spent up to $1000 total. I don't want to check emotion_facepalm
Maybe my friend too AHAHAH.

If I had disposable income, I guess I would spend it on this. That is, if I obviously have nothing better to do.

I don't think those items should be in the cash shop at all. I'm still peeved about the whole "re-releasing MCs even though they promised they were monthly limiteds" thing. emotion_eyebrow

Aged Bunny

When I saw that, I asked myself what Gaia is on and if they would hook me up with some.

1. Have you ever spent a thousand dollars on one 'thing'? A car, etc.? Cars and college.

2. What could you do with a thousand dollars right now? Would it be more worthwhile
than buying a Gaia bundle? Spend them on trips, well visiting friends. If not, help family or friends out.

3. Do you know someone who's actually paid Gaia a thousand dollars for their pixels? Yuh.

4. Would you do this if you had the money right now? If so, why? Nope, not worth it.

5. Do you think the bundle of very rare items is worth this price tag? Gold is worthless now, so eh.

Big Bum

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I've never spent that kind of money in one sitting. gonk And I don't think I'd be willing to spent that kinda cash on Gaia, either. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Only on real life stuff that isn't about to disappear if a couple of servers break or a website/business shuts down.

Don't know at the moment. I'd be very reluctant with giving Gaia any money I had.

A bunch of GC users have spent $1000s of dollars total on Gaia. It's the same amount of money whether you chuck it into 1 bundle or a bunch of smaller items. The only thing that changes is "didja get your monies worth?" and "who is gaia aiming at with that pricetag?"

If I had the money, no. Gaia doesn't treat it's paying or nonpaying users right. They don't treat the site right. They don't run it right. They didn't do so when they HAD money. No money from me. If Gaia actually never had their head stuck up their asses at any point in time, certainly.

No, it's not to me. Doesn't mean all members of the userbase agree with me. $1000 can net you trillions just from the ticket alone thanks to users own greed/wants. Gaia looks just as greedy, and even more shady combined with how terribly they treat users and their own site, but any business would be a fool to not cash in on that in some way. You respond to that by either choosing to buy it, or choosing to not buy it.

O.G. Strawberry

If I had a thousand dollars I could actually go back to school, and maybe buy some groceries as well. Like hell I would I spend a thousand dollars all at once on Gaia.

Wistful Dreamer

$1000 would go straight into my bank account to save up for moving out, etc. Or to pay for some maintenance on my real life car that I love a ton more than any gaia item. yeah yeah "people buy what they want and it's none of your business" but I just feel this urge to shake them and be like you're making a bad investment!!! Surely more enjoyment can be had from spending the $1000 any other way.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
The only time I've spent $1000+ was when I had to pay for my summer classes last year because I didn't get any financial aid for summer.

I have $1000+ by default in my bank account, but the money's for paying rent, buying groceries, and school necessities. I'm also saving the money to buy tickets for KCON (Kpop concert) in LA in August.

The only time I would ever consider spending $1000 on Gaia is if I was super rich and I've already bought everything I wanted to buy beforehand.

bioelfster's Queen

Original Gaian

I can think of a lot I would do with a spare $1000, most of which involve my kids. But if I had a spare $10,000, I sure would buy one in a flash. Not for the expensive items, but for a guaranteed ticket. I'd even spend a little more to have 2 tickets.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i've never had a thousand pounds so i haven't had the luxury of spending knowledge
technically im gonna be paying £9000 a year plus living expenses to go to uni, but thats all student loans and government write-offs n stuff
if it was money i'd worked hard for, it'd be hard pressed to let it go at all, let alone on pixels i can't physically hold
(i have a thing for spending money on things i can touch)
but if it was spare money; say i won the lottery, i'd be hella fine with it

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
I don't think I would ever spend a thousand dollars in one go on pixels. I don't care if I had billions of dollars and could spend 1k without giving 1/75937467567465 of a ********, I wouldn't spend that amount of money in one fell swoop on pixels because you don't really even OWN the pixels you purchase in the first place, you're renting them....and 1k is way too high of a price tag for rented PIXELS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff