Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now Accepting bounties!

Check front page for details! 0.11038961038961 11.0% [ 17 ]
And welcome to Hell! 0.064935064935065 6.5% [ 10 ]
Suck my crankshaft 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 35 ]
THERE IS A LINK TO AN OOC POSTING AREA FOR THE ZACK ON THE FRONT PAGE.. 0.051948051948052 5.2% [ 8 ]
Middle Option 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 14 ]
...raw 0.11688311688312 11.7% [ 18 ]
We need some ideas to create more role play 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 11 ]
we need dedicated RP'ers 0.26623376623377 26.6% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]

Aged Noob

I destroyed LuBu, conquered whole armies by myself, and was asked by Ertai to join him because he liked me. Get at me bro.

/ooc

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Dangerous Prophet

Seta Frost
I destroyed LuBu, conquered whole armies by myself, and was asked by Ertai to join him because he liked me. Get at me bro.

/ooc

{{ Ertai wanted me to join him too....other then that and some Lu bu Matches...I ignored everybody and worked with Croix on funny story lines. I was soooo not involved in anything I was just there like...O cool..stuff lol. }}
Leonardo S. Tensatsu

[Ooc: Ewps.

And rolling with it would be easier then editing. Although we can just assume no cool spark action happened. That was really the only reason I even had them contact each other.

As for Cqc- HO HO HO!

Is cqc an advantage for a duelist? We'll just have to see how that goes. Also as a rule of thumb; Instant mega-ton construct summoning is generally frowned upon. Had I known that's what was happening I might have said something about it in Pms.

Just remember- Molding a physical object instantly is pretty broken. In any case. No matter how you go about it. It falls under the Mcfly category imo. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate imaginative techniques, but a construct with that much priority formed within literal milliseconds doesn't really seem... fair.

Much less to avoid what? A punch to the jaw that probably wasn't going to KO yomi at any rate? The point here is, if Yomi had taken the punch and pivoted into his round house to counter- I would have had Jinbei take the blow just to sell the back and fourth...

But throwing surprise megaton grappling constructs at someone isn't a good way to get them to interact with your abilities in combat. You know?]
[Ooc: Also just so there's no confusion, I am still enjoying the fight.

I'm just saiyan. xp]

Dangerous Businessman

Kurai`Haruko

OOC: Are we in charge of controlling the android peoplez or are you going to do it?

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
obviouslylegit
[Ooc: Also just so there's no confusion, I am still enjoying the fight.

I'm just saiyan. xp]

OoC:

I'll roll with the flow, since the weight was probably a bit much.

I do want to clarify this, however. A megaton is a measure of an explosion yielding 1000 ton's of pressure. The 3 ton banded weights would of roughly been the average weight of a full sized car, which given our characters ability to sprint straight up the side of mountains, I had aimed more for something crippling than blowing the entire mountain up. ^_^

I should of included a post length for how long they stayed super weighted before subsiding. I didn't mean to go all super power play, since attempting anything with megaton strength would of demolished the entire battle setting.

Seta:

Lesson from the wise, broman. All that matters anymore is whats going on now, since the majority of the rp community doesn't even remember the FFA, or any of our crazy shenanigans.

Rather than keep pointing back we ought as well dust off and given people something new to marvel at. Or despise. So long as somethings happening IC.
cool

Dangerous Prophet

Leonardo S. Tensatsu

Rather than keep pointing back we ought as well dust off and given people something new to marvel at. Or despise. So long as somethings happening IC. cool

{{ Why you think I been teaching roleplay fighting the last five years LMFAO! }}

Fashionable Raider

Samayou Tamashii
Leonardo S. Tensatsu

Rather than keep pointing back we ought as well dust off and given people something new to marvel at. Or despise. So long as somethings happening IC. cool

{{ Why you think I been teaching roleplay fighting the last five years LMFAO! }}
((boredom, sometimes it's easier to teach someone to fight at your level rather then hope someone comes close enough to fight against, even then you don't want to fight the same people all the time))

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
obviouslylegit

Solidity is an illusion.

A poetic notion, subject to interpretation of course. The reality however was that even density was subject to vibrational frequency, which varied in a spectrum that ranged beyond even a physical scope. It was one of the samurai's more talented techniques, strained to a degree given the current scope of force incorporated. Two distinct reactions would occur before Yomi initiated his counter defensive, the first being the bracer sweeping the swords aside. Upon contact with the first blade in his left hand the material of the physical sword would transition almost instantaneously into a liquid mist that would flare vaguely from the rapid expansion transitioned on a molecular level. Unable to do much beyond in the spur of the moment, he'd intentionally leave the opposite sword solid to clash back against the bracer with the hand wrapped about the top of the hilt to allow better leverage of force.

The next series of actions actually enhanced by the burst of force directed at his center mass in a super powered shoulder check. With the initial burst of kinetic energy, Yomi would utilize his highly dense reinforced muscular and skeletal system. Unable to 'channel' all of the force, the image would be of a spray of energy from impact zone proportionately splaying out through his own body directionally down into his pelvic structure before aiding in bursting his left knee up into the shinobi's diaphragm in much the same fashion he had before to anchor the knee he'd endured just previously. The smaller portion of energy flowing through and out the other side of his smooth black frame actually applying a counter force with his frame being propelled into the shinobi's. In this situation, the same threads of psionic energetics would be used with no attempt to fuse their molecular structures together once again.

The counter was simple, shoulder check powering a knee thrust up. The speed relevant to the force as the blade that had been phased through us hovered, still sword point up, above Jinbei's back to slide his fist non-lethally down the length of hilt to apply his fist into his opponents back between the shoulder blades. His opposite foot digging ankle deep into the stone surface they fought upon with resulting splintered cracks filtering out. Normally the force of his single arm wouldn't have been enough to equal or over power the upward force of the knee, however, Yomi's non-lethal techniques from countless spars held an imagination that rendered him an outcast in his previous life. The bladed portion of the sword still transitioning would erupt in a pure almost jet like burst of kinetic force that would proportion its self to almost precisely equal out the force of the following knee. The space of time between the upward thrust of the knee, and the downward thrust of the fist gripping its boosted engine brief, intentionally not introducing the forces simultaneously.

In fact, given the scope of Yomi's cognitive ability, with the introduction of each applied enhanced force he'd attempt to mitigate the blunt force to inflict less trauma to vital organs and chakra points. If the nin didn't manage to flash away again, his form would only appear to hover between both blows before gravity would take effect with the release of the psionic threads used more as a leash than restraints. In either respect, Yomi would immediately after the knee take a couple quick fluent steps back to adjust his stance by phasing both swords together in a simply gesture leaving the slightly extended full katana length between himself and the shinobi he was attempting not to kill. Already aware of the stress from building and manipulating so much tension within his own unique physical body, Yomi estimated he could continue for some time yet before multiple of his fatigues begin to set in. Fatigue of the mind, and body. No doubt the body would fail first, though he was only just beginning to feel any adverse effect from the blows they had both struck so far.

OoC:

Too clarify, Yomi can't absorb 'all' kinetic energies and redirect them. The best way to reference it would be similar to how Frank Herbert described his 'shield belts'. He can redirect, or manipulate the initial fast bursts of force. The slower, and more powerful would only absorb the 'initial' contact before the blade or point would continue to pierce or cut his armored flesh. Blunt force much easier to manage then slashing or piercing pressure. The knee also wouldn't follow through after the lifting force is applied, just as the hand held above would stand to meet the impact rather then be swung down. Like a pinball so to speak before stepping back.. ^_^

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OoC:

I just do what I do~

-Nom's on Trinity-

Aged Noob

ImNoHero
Kurai`Haruko

OOC: Are we in charge of controlling the android peoplez or are you going to do it?
Post something. /ooc

Dangerous Businessman

Seta Frost

The streets of Tokyo hustled and bustled with life. Especially 'downtown'. The time of day was mostly irrelevant, the streets stayed crowded. In the mess of the passing crowds, a somewhat dirty, vagrant looking man sat beneath an underpass. His body shrouded by a simple black cloak. It didn't feature a hood on it, just a high collar. Protruding past his right shoulder was a handle, deforming the shape beneath the cloak. To his lower back, it was obvious there was an item wider than his frame was equipped. Five o'clock shadowed masked his face, his messy midnight blue chin length hair showed signs of needed a serious brushing or combing. A natural must radiated from this man's form. For such an obviously homeless man, what was he doing here?

Since the events that cause Soren to crash land onto the planet he now occupied, he has been lost and confused. The only thing he was sure in was his ability to survive. With that in mind and needing to get his hands on currency, but he refused to expose himself to anyone person without knowing the repercussions. This path he was on however, we one that lead him into a tournament. Here he would prove only his mettle in exchange for reknown and money. He wouldn't make a career out of it. Just getting enough accomplished in order to make his situation more stable.

He knew not whom his opponent was, though he would know when they were getting close. His races genetic trait of Empathy would prove very handy in this fight. The people crowding the streets lacked feelings, though Soren had never seen an android before, let alone a robot. Cybernetics were still new to him, but he had indeed witnessed them. Once his opponent drew close enough, he would be able to feel him, and as he drew close enough, he would be able to smell his state of mood as well as see a color of aura to them. All of these indicators would help him for sure. But until he knew what he was up against, his mode of combat would not have been selected. Currently his mind was thinking he should just get to higher ground and camp out with The Hunter's Bow, waiting for a clear shot. Though he held an understood respect for living beings. Because he had been treated as such in the past, he refused to see any one peoples as an animal. The benefit of the doubt was the only thing he had really. And though he would still use the bow, he just would let his opponent see it coming.

Aged Noob

ImNoHero

((Character bio is in my journal, along with the picture. Do the research yourself to understand. I do realize it is pretty shitty but it was back in 06 when I made it so hold ma d. Appearance and abilities are what matters.))

Reiko meandered through the crowd of soulless machines without a care. His intent was to find his opponent and end him so he could advance to the next stage of the contest. He had existed on this plane for far longer than he cared and little competitions are what kept him most entertained.

Were he a caring 'man,' he would wonder why this large city on this island nation was populated by machines. How a thing of such scope could come to be would take a fortune to build. It was perplexing, but to reiterate, didn't matter much. The specter was only concerned with the ground beneath his heel. It was real and it spoke to him, telling him everything he needed to know about his surrounding area.

It's through this particular ability that he sensed where his opponent was, which was not far from his current location. He turned up a side street away from the throng of the mechanized populace. He would reach his opponent soon, and put him under the earth soon still.

Dangerous Businessman

Seta Frost

Suddenly, Soren's stomach turned at the initial stench of stale blood and brimestone that filled his nostrils. The pungent scent was nearing from his left, though it cut a different direction than it initially had came. And so it would seem they were both aware of one another. Getting to his feet, the 5'8" 'man' took off through the under pass further to his right, scaling the hill that would lead him to the overpass portion of the bridge. The man he felt was cold, and seemed to know only death and survival. There was nothing valuable for him to use. His presence towered over the Humo-sapien in a mass of intimidation. Though he would not scare so easily. Pulling his bow free from his back and grasping it firmly in his left hand, he kept it concealed beneath the cloak for now. Best not to draw attention from anyone. One at that point he would proceed towards the cement guarding on the edge of the interstate. Watching the direction he felt his opponent coming, he waited. Stalking his prey before pouncing. He would try to do him in range, but if he had to get close and use his sword, he was more than willing. Today, he was not going to die.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff