Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now Accepting bounties!

Check front page for details! 0.11038961038961 11.0% [ 17 ]
And welcome to Hell! 0.064935064935065 6.5% [ 10 ]
Suck my crankshaft 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 35 ]
THERE IS A LINK TO AN OOC POSTING AREA FOR THE ZACK ON THE FRONT PAGE.. 0.051948051948052 5.2% [ 8 ]
Middle Option 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 14 ]
...raw 0.11688311688312 11.7% [ 18 ]
We need some ideas to create more role play 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 11 ]
we need dedicated RP'ers 0.26623376623377 26.6% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]

Jinbei

If not for that unnatural perception Jinbei would have been in for quite a painful ride. As it stood, there was just enough time to notice the effects of the Recondite reaction to the droughts of it's essence. Though conversion happened nigh instantaneously, it seemed the physical aspects of the material itself would in fact attempt to keep up. When Jinbei couldn't stomp his leg down after presuming he'd cut the tethers, the palm would not jolt forward either. Mainly because it was encased in the sword's former mass. Well ********] That was not Jinbei's sentiment however.

'Fascinating.'

Even as Yomi applied force, before inertia could even grapple with the shinobi, a flare of energy would kick up. Not so much between either vessel, but most definitely coating the nin. The blue leak at first would appear as nothing more then chakra. Physically manifest, and pulsing with it's odd tone of defiant screams against reality and it's unnatural existence. Just as quickly as the veil could seep up and engulf the vessel though, it would pulse outward. Not just a pulse, but a steady push of outward force from the entire surface of Jinbei himself. While he couldn't quite pull off a full Shunko in this reality due to the volatile reaction Spiritons could have, he could essentially duplicate the effects of the technique to a less finite degree with chakra manipulation. Make no mistake though, while certainly less powerful then Shunko in all it's godliness, this Chakra substitute would still operate to the same effect. Even as the immediate area ignited in flames, there would be a blank section in the center mass where Jinbei's Contained repelling force manifest via aura armor would be constantly brushing the heat and damage away from his own persons. Even as the strange mass of Yomi<3Jin swung full circle, Jin would exert heavily out of the tenketsu in his left hand, forearm, and from his shin. Basically to the degree of meeting the Recondites vice grip in at first equal, then sequentially stronger doses of pressure per square inch to release the seals.

Tl; Dr: Mental Note; Fascinating. Jimmy Rigged Chakra Fuel Shunko, Shunko for pressure release with minimal damage along the original trajectory thrown.

FWOOM!~

The entirety of the split second uncanny reactions of a trained meta-being would not however dissolve the situation. Even if said circumstances could at the very least protect and release the nin. The flames would undoubtedly follow his trajectory through the wake solely off the propulsion offered. Regardless, Jinbei would only ensure that his legs would lift up over his head and come to the ground once he'd twisted fully to face Yomi. Very much like the water walking, or tree climbing technique, the repulsing force of the aura emanating from the soles of the feet would be used to catch and slowly reduce the force being applied without anything but the aura touching to the ground itself. No more then ten feet away, Jinbei would slide backwards on the aura underneath his feet with roiling flame splitting and curling away from his position.

"You have some interesting techniques Ronin. Show me more."

Ashe and flame hadn't yet cleared the viscinity as he spoke, but all the same Jinbei would allow the Jimmy Rigged Shunko to split the last of the danger from his position before it seemingly vanished. No sooner had the armor lowered then the shinobi would lift his right hand up to his sparing buddy. The pointer and middle finger would designate outward to the swordsmen. Then just as quickly as the aura had fallen, the reality that the mass of energy utilized for such hadn't vanished would become apparent as it funneled and blasted out of those outstretched fingers IN FREEZA DOOM BEAM STYLE TO PUNISH KRILLIN FOR EVER THINKING HE COULD SURVIVE ANY BOSS ENCOUNTER... o3o Sorry... What I meant was; Two intersecting Kaze No Yaiba had been formed from the excess of the former technique. Essentially two four foot length blades of Wind Chakra manifest, crossed like an 'x' and flung off nearly instantly and invisibly at roughly two hundred feet per second. The only real give away to the untrained eye to the presence of danger would be the slightest whistle of two blade shaped masses fluttering towards them in a surprisingly mild gust of wind... In the case of Yomi, it was probably more like a giant wisping X of faint green threatening his position at ludicrous speed.

The actual danger of this technique did not lie in the speed offered since Yomi had already proven that he could easily keep up. The real issue was that the speed offered in this proximity left literal milliseconds of reaction time for the swordsmen to perceive, understand, conceive a response, stance appropriately, and react to the danger.

Jinbei was under the impression this wouldn't kill the psionic swordsmen. However it would probably sting like a b***h if that [X] formation touched anything fleshy or cuttable.

Tl;Dr; There's no explanation here, it's just too long, and I don't expect anyone but Leo to read this. Lul

Ability sheet

Shunko Rip Off: I have yet to actually describe this ability in my profile other then the fact it's only usable in spirit form. I assume what I meant by that was Reishi application? So we're going to do a Chakra version that should be perfectly acceptable in the world of the living. Also I really need to finish up this guys profile.

**Kaze no Yaiba- This technique is a pinpoint slashing strike, where the user emits chakra from their fingertips and materializes it into an invisible sword that assaults the enemy in a gust of wind. Because of the shape of the blade this ability makes a very faint slicing noise moments before impact. If the Sickle Weasel Technique can be regarded as a swarm of wind kunai, then this technique is an nearly-unavoidable longsword which leaves very deep slashes on the target's body.

Leonardo S. Tensatsu

[Ooc: Sorry bout how long that took me to respond. I've been swamped like a gator in the sewers of Florida...]

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Kurai sat atop the bar, idly picking at some nonexistent fuzz upon her pants. Repeatedly picking at the same spot,staring at it,though her gaze and expression suggested she was off,lost in thought.She had dressed simply today,as always,in a pair of dark wash denim jeans,and a black tank top, her hair falling in lazy curls around her head. IT would seem that the only effort she had put in to her looks today did not go beyond her hair nor the bit of eyeliner and mascara. Things had gone from busy,to once more being dead...She had hoped to see some of the fighters around more after the battle...And she needed to go check on Le'kron..but she feared any sort of fall out would happen from the accidental injuries..if one could look at them that way..He had volunteered in the fight,after all.

Hardcore Tactician

19,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Hey Kurai, has this been your doing, or is the power around the bar just escalating on it's own?

Getting right to the question at hand once he saw the kitsune woman was around, Viktor wasn't one to mix words, he was ever forward about the business he had at hand. If Kurai didn't know anything about it then it was worth warranting a bit of an investigation to find out what was going on.

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
"I have been keeping myself in control and in check. Not to mention,I have not really had any ways to use any of said powers that I possess. "She would frown at the man,looking him over from top to bottom,then back again. Pity,"Why? What's up? And how is Le'kron? I should have checked on him..I just...Can't."

Hardcore Tactician

19,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
It's just that recently the area has been getting saturated with power. At first I just ignored the rise, assuming it was some byproduct of the fights, but even after the battles finished things just seem to keep escalating.

He would have sworn that people would have started noticing by now with their special abilities, but then again, Kurai wasn't exactly as prone to training herself as a few others who had passed through the area.

Lekron is fine, he's probably just off moping somewhere.

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
"There's still one battle going on..well,,just starting.And one just finished between two very powerful people. Are you sure it isn't from them Viktor? And I cannot blame him for pouting..he was pretty roughed up..I did not like having to fetchin him nor the Saka from the arena.."She would shudder lightly,lowering her gaze to the floor. She had not heard from Saka for some time either..or his brother,should she say..The b*****d.

Hardcore Tactician

19,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Even if the fighters where weaker at the first fight, just the mass of it being a free for all would have to mean the one on one fights would still show a weakened power level. On top of that, the power of the fighters fluctuate, while this has only steadily been on the rise. Whatever it is that is causing this is only growing.

Pulling out a paper of the readout he was getting, Viktor started to point out a few key points.

If it was just the fighters, then why would the power be spread across the entire area? I would understand the arenas maybe even having some residual power, but the whole bar, the forest, hell even some points beyond that have started irradiating this same power. By this time next week if things keep going the way they are, you could microwave your lunch without the thing even plugged into the wall!

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
obviouslylegit

OoC: Kurai didn't put a post limit on us... Yet. So I'm in no rush. ;3

IC:

Wisdom

Yomi's experience would be torture to any mortal, perpetually trapped within their own immobile body as everything perceived around them transitioned into a still frame that seemed to process microseconds into sustainable frozen moments. This manner of cognitive function manifested through three pivotal portions of Yomi's unique existence in unison, the Infernal oculars whose diamond shaped pupil would continue to rotate sluggishly. The other two being the massive comprehensive IQ of not only his physical re-networked 'brain' which harbored its own exceptional grasp of on their physical surroundings, but the intangible intellect of his non-physical consciousness that resided most often within the Yomi-No-Kuni dimensional underworld. Yomi was a representation of wisdom, bushido, and analytic intellect. His physical body however would react quite deceptively to this heightened awareness, releasing the segmented fusion of their appendages to allow the clean break off through the heavy ozone.

"You're a worthy opponent ."

The deep bass tone of the Infernal Oni's vocalization would be achieved as another Recondite blade flare's into materialized form into his right hand to be grasped once more in a two handed grip with his stance positioned evenly balanced for another onslaught. Once more, Yomi's Infernal perception would alert him of the shinobi's high speed actions. In these moments, his mind would harbor the potential to mimic the technique through his own manifested psionic ability. Unfortunately, such a tactic wasn't fit for a Samurai of Bushido who would stay true to his own methods rather than stealing those of another for a single competition. With this in mind, upon his body's simple forward stance the wind chakra threads would easily advance at a speed beyond his physical bodies ability to keep up. With one sword gripped poised in front of him previous to the assault, Yomi's psionic influence would alone defend against the long reaching threaded blades. In the fractional second it would take for Yomi to initially perceive the threads elongating from his opponents finger tips aided in max range of mobility within his slowed perception. With his physical muscles incapable of reacting in less than a single split second, Yomi would transition the two handed Katana into two separate shorter Wakizashi's that would propel their kinetic force to force Yomi's arms apart enough to cross guard against the assumed kinetically physical threads.

This clash would serve to gain another seconds option, as the threads guarded at the cross section would be able, if flexible enough to over reach the guard and strike the Oni's armored skin. The transition of possible momentum to carry the elongated threads to wrap about his cross sectioned guard would be addressed in two simultaneous methods. The first being the asserted pressure of his own Recondite blade's which would oscillate highly condensed vibrational threads along their edge's caught at the top center 'X' portion of the attack, ready to sever either right down the middle or the two cross sectioned points that trailed above his clashing point. The second being the introduction of the wind chakra threads upon Yomi's own physical existence, which the swords represented as much so as his arm or leg. With contact, the element and chakra utilized would be introduced to Yomi's own psionic influence. Rather than attempting to combat the channeled flow to counter the technique altogether, he'd simply transmute a far more methodically channel of the same ozone that still cast mirage over various portions on the top of the mountain.

The result?

One would assume Yomi had simply turned the threads into an even more lethal fire style technique. The difference in this being that even should the nin manage to channel his own form of fire manipulation, the unique ozone element would continue to combust at an excitedly exponential rate which would build as its origin stems from Yomi's clash point to rapidly traverse down the length of each technique towards Jinbei's location in an almost expanded cone of radical kinetically induced explosions that used the shinobi's own speed or exerted movements against him. In theory, should he of stood completely still and used the same manner of barrier he had previously the directed explosion would flash past his location in brief seconds to demolish yet another recognizable chunk out of the mountain top. Assuming the wind style threads could flex above and arc down to strike Yomi's back, the process of combustion would occur the moment the guard contacted the threads to allow their momentum to carry. This applying a far less powerful branch off aimed to dissolve the end segment lengths of the technique. The scene they continued to paint was one of almost illusionary beauty, with flecks of still combusting flame sparking about within the lingering wavy mirage area's of the heavier saturated ozone area's. These branch off pockets of ozone wouldn't prove very damaging, yet such a sight would have been worthy of record.

Yomi's intention upon the destruction of the threads and blow back method was simple, continue to analyze his opponent. He'd make no sudden dash forward into the blaze, swords swinging, as rather he'd assume a respectable defensive stance as he knew his opponent was yet not without countless more tricks or ploys to catch him off guard. Any warrior knew the best time to catch someone off guard was when they went on the offensive. Thus far the Infernal Oni hadn't expended a very taxing amount of his psionic reserve, the crescent blade technique being the most powerful of his multitude of techniques employed thus far, as manipulation or transmutation of pre existing material didn't harbor the same strain as manifesting physical substances through the process of energetic conversion. He's assume his opponent was working towards his second wind perhaps, though he had no choice but to continue his logic that what he'd witnessed thus far was only a sample, even if it meant over estimation, the daimonic ronin in some depths of his complicated mind would actually draw a measure of enjoyment from being forced to combat an opponent whose physical speed challenged his analytic comprehension beyond most unrefined souls he'd fought.

OoC: The explanation of the 'ozone' introduced into the channeled wind chakra technique can be disputed if the chakra flow prevents saturation, in which case the ozone would simply condense along the outside of the threads for the same explosive result upon contact with the swords. ^_~
[Ooc: I'll also explain the main discrepancies in my post. As well as here. but it shouldn't alter what's happening on your end or give any advantage to Jinbei.

The main discrepancy is that he's stationary currently, and can easily dodge.

The second is that Kaze No Yaiba is a projectile technique, and doesn't trace back to the user via threading like fire technique. [If that's what was misinterpreted, on your end, or mine?] The blade is formed within the gust farted expelled, and the projectile travels within the fart wind's mass almost independently.

but as noted- It all still works out to the same degree of adequately defending, and forcing Jinbei to Gtfo because thas-allota-fire. lol. And for fairness I'm going to apply a 2 post [four total back and fourth posts] Cd timer to Shunko even though it's not specified.

Also I'll post later, or tomorrow. Not sure how much time I have after food.]
Dani walked in, a compound bow in his hand and a quiver slung over one shoulder." Roses are red, you're turning blue, violence is golden let me show it to you." He sang as he sat himself at the bar." Hello all." He said, smiling as he looked around the room.

[For what it's worth- I've been hearing this playing in the background of our fight.]

Jinbei

Tug of war of power. That alone sums up the constant flux of energy and technique being thrown back and fourth so haphazardly. A humble reminder to all that Gaia was no safe haven. Just another torn dimension nearly pulled inside out by the anomaly and strange beings that inhabited it. Jinbei was more focused on the reactions to his actions however. Like any good student, he was doing just as Yomi was to him. Studying. Learning. Growing. Even as the [X] was split, and the backlash of psionic energy ignited a jutting pillar that reached out to incinerate Jinbei's position, the nin would crouch and leap in a single fluent motion that would leave flames licking at his wake from the sheer speed of the movement. The idea was to launch himself up and to his own right. The intent would manifest, the shinobi himself landing not too far off to the right of the massive wall of flame and energy. Without a moments pause, even as feet touched the ground, Jinbei would be darting forward with careful yet hurried foot falls to flank about to Yomi's left side. Mid stride the right hand would slip to the exposed left bracer and drag a small ignition of chakra over the seal underneath the steel wrist guard. An expulsion of smoke would hit the air. Out of which Jinbei would burst onto his continued path, Only for three more bursts of smoke to hit the ground lining his path of convergence upon Yomi. Smoke bombs had been unsealed and thrown ahead of his path to cover movement from physical sight. In essence, the nin would perform one of those uncanny leaps and hit the ground running. The last four feet between Yomi and Jin however would be smothered in thick black mist from a trail of smoke bombs.

This was done so that Jinbei could attempt to slip up into Yomi's comfort zone from that left side and throw in a feint straight to the facial region. The nature of this straight punch offered though, was not to actually land the blow, but so that Jinbei could pull out of the punch at the very last possible moment with a Zanzoken. If all came to fruition, Jinbei would burst through the smoke and throw a punch into Yomi's face that would physically fade through his being. Up until the very last possible moment before impact, all readings of the area would provide the knowledge that Jin was in fact throwing a punch. After Zanzoken however, Jinbei would be pulling back his blow at lightning speed, and sliding backwards into two cross steps that would place his position to the right side of Yomi at ludicrous speed. Yep. He was trying to draw out a reaction against his after image to create an opening on the opposite side of his target. Zanzoken Decoy. Regardless of how the swordsmen reacted to the tactic, Jinbei would be moving at such a rapid speed that he was very well locked into the plan initiated if he wanted it to succeed at all. That plan was to actually deliver a duplicate punch from the left against the exact opposite target on the right side of Yomi's jaw. It wasn't going to be instant dental surgery or anything that brutal, but getting slugged in the face by Jin was probably no cake walk. Much less with the speed of a Zanzoken behind the blow. That was presuming the attack landed of course? So far it has been demonstrated that neither combatant held any true advantage in regard to speed. Either way, Jinbei wasn't finished testing the swordsman's limits. Physically, or metaphysically. This entire experience was providing first hand study, and food for thought in speculation later on.

Ability sheet

[Generic Sealing Technique]- This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items that have been stored using fūinjutsu. Scrolls are the most common choice for item storage. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons or have other seals inside of them, which expands the number of potential tricks a shinobi can use.
[For the smoke bombs]

Zanzōken- is the ability to move so swiftly that an image of the user is left behind.
[Relative speed of a Zanzōken is measured to be travel at actual bullet speed, placing the user at a minimum of 400 fps [Feet per second]]
[Combat Restrictions: Zanzōken can only be used [2] times per fight, and not in excess of one use per six back and forth total posts]
[Zanzōken's speed will be written and implied at bullet speed, well beyond the human eye's capability of keeping up, however I will never use it as an auto-hit.]
[*Zanzoken charge uses have been expended for this fight, the ability will be locked after this post]

Leonardo S. Tensatsu

[Ooc: I decided to just leave the discrepancies out. They don't seem to matter much aside from technical interaction between the abilities that probably won't change much in the long run. /thumbs up]

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
"I only ever bothered to pay attention to one persons power source,and I have not felt it in a long...long time Viktor..It may be the being that Saka put in the forest? A fearsome little critter. "A understatement,if there ever was one,"He last reared his head up a few months back? He may be planning on making a return. If he is,well,I intend to steer clear of him.."Cooking...well,that was something she had not done in a while either..There was not much fun to be had in only cooking for one person. A small smile played at her lips as she rolled her eyes over to Viktor,assessing him once more. She wondered if the man had as much strength as he did brain?

Hardcore Tactician

19,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
That's doubtful, if it was just one creature then I would be able to pinpoint a source... It's like the very forest around us has been growing in power.

Trying to think of a way to convince her he was not making weird things up, he thought of an idea that may work if the time of day was right.

Do you have any of those long florescent lights?

Shameless Nymph

19,775 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
She would gesture towards the ceiling,"As you can see,I use single light bulbs. When I last remodeled,I did away with the florescent ones. Unsightly,buzzed,and these new lights add a bit of ambiance,don't you think?" Not to mention,these lights were more cost efficient for her.

Hardcore Tactician

19,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Oh, well you don't have any left over then?

Doubting he was going to find something close enough to keep her attention span in the time it would get a bulb, Viktor was trying to think of another possible way to display the kind of power that was just coming out of the ground.

Oh, wait.... Trinity and Lekron! They are both half Ominarian, the species has a capability of tapping into these kinds of powers.... As a matter of fact, now that i think of it, this should almost seem to start reflecting how I suspected the Ominarian worlds environment works.

Sending a message to Trinity, she was often the easiest to get a hold of, while Lekron just moved about as he saw fit most times. Sending out that he was going to need her for an experiment always made him wonder if she would show up eagerly, or expect something bad to happen.

Trinity keeps a firmer grasp on her Ominarian side, or at least accepts it more then, Lekron, so she would be the best equipped to examine whats occurring here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff