Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Poster

"I see that look in your eyes. Don't feel so shameful. If you want, you can just pay for your own meal. I won't force you on my tab."

Outside his boss demeanor, he was a bit more caring himself. Even moreso to the woman closest to him. He felt this was going to be awkward outside of the bedroom, but he trusted she'll learn to cope with it, eventually. Getting close to someone changed them, however. It changed Shayla, he could tell, breathing life back into a woman who was living a normal life. And it may have done the same to a down to earth girl like Cale, who wasn't use to the grandeur of being on the right hand of her own boss.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
It wasn't really so much that Cale wasn't used to grandeur - She was more used to actively running away from grandeur. Sometimes she wondered if her intentionally simple, cheap lifestyle had been solely about rebelling against everything her father stood for. (But of course it wasn't, she told herself. She was clearly just a free spirit.)

But really, in this instance, she wasn't so much worried about the money as she was about embarrassing herself with her appetite. She had to have some way of fueling all of the energy and strength that she possessed, and that was through a lot of feeding up. Still, she had already let slip that she was a 'meta' as some might say, and as such she might as well start easing him into the quirks that came along with her werewolf nature. Since they were going to be a 'regular' thing now and all. So, once the waiter had gone off to fix their orders, Cale shrugged her shoulders a little ruefully.

"Well, actually, I wasn't worried so much about the bill. I've seen enough to know you guys love flaunting your money anyway."

The way she said it was with a soft smile, to indicate that she was at least partially kidding, although the observation was an honest one.

"I, uh... I eat a lot. I just didn't want to order so much that it seemed strange."

Typical Cale, was ever so eloquent in the delivery of her statement.

Omnipresent Poster

The man chuckled as she gave her reason. To think she wanted to keep a somewhat girly image even now.

"I already seen your body. It takes a lot to keep that shape, more than what the average girl eats. I won't find it strange at all."

The waiter brought over their glasses of their ordered beverages, then left back to the kitchen awaiting their food to be done. Ko had ordered some orange juice with a glass of water, too.

"We all have our different diets in the end. I can care less if you ate a whole cow."

His phone beeped once in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the message upon it, stared at it for a moment, then put it back away. He'll deal with it later.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
More than what your average girl eats? Well, that was rather an understatement, but true enough. In the end, Cale wound up ordering second helpings of almost the whole meal. Thank god that, while she did eat a lot, she actually had good table manners.

"A whole cow, now that's a little excessive."

She looked a little embarrassed when Ko chuckled, as if she thought he was about to call her out for being 'girly'. But he didn't, and when he checked his phone she helped herself to a long drink of her orange juice (she'd also ordered water on the side).

She was a little surprised but impressed when he put the phone away, it seemed that Ko was capable of putting off work after all, at least a little bit. She'd assumed he was the kind of guy that never stopped working, yet here he was skipping work and having a meal with her, and putting off his calls while they ate.

Omnipresent Poster

It truly was a special occasion for him to put off work, that was for sure. The food was brought over, and they were able to finally eat. Ko took up his utensils and went right ahead eating. He wasn't much of a proper eater. Just good enough to not spill anything. When he ate, Ko usually had a cheek or two filled with food. Just like Cale, he had a body that required lots of nutrients and calories to keep in its shape. But he chose to lower his intake if only to give a chance to reply to Cale if she wanted to talk about things while they ate.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
As much as Cale liked to chit chat, she wasn't much one to chatter while eating. She ate at a steady pace in a silence that was companionable, instead of awkward. This wasn't to say she wouldn't talk if spoken to of course, because she was an easygoing kind of person.

Sometimes she would find herself watching Ko, and at other times her gaze was drawn to the ridiculous wolf head with the open mouth, and it would make her smile while she chewed. She did have some time to reflect that, while she liked Ko, she wasn't entirely sure what the two of them would talk about aside from work, or if they had much in common. From time to time, he displayed a more casual side, sometimes even a wild side that really resonated with her. But he often recessed into her distant, formal boss, too. She wanted to make the most of this time with casual Ko, and so eventually she asked him.

"So, what do you do for fun anyway? When you're not working, I mean. I get the feeling you aren't a big fan of partying."

She chuckled at that, remembering Ko at last night's river boat party.

Omnipresent Poster

He looked up from cutting his steak then settled back, taking a drink of water from his glass before giving her an answer.

"The only thing I deem fun is going on vacation back to Hong Kong. There, I like to travel around and see the sights. My grandparents use to take me to a lot of places along the countryside. Unfortunately, they never took me everywhere in China that they wanted to. So I made it my goal to go to each point of interest every year. Aside from that, I don't find many things fun."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
For a moment, Cale was utterly flabbergasted. How could someone just not have any fun? How did he get from day to day? She didn't even get the feeling he enjoyed his day to day work very much, so what did he live for? The occasional trip back home?

It made her wonder if they would ever work as a real couple - granted, Cale had no problem with going off and finding her own fun, but she had to wonder what they would do together. (Other than the obvious... She hoped he'd at least enjoyed that.)

"Travelling at least does sound fun. " Cale conceded, having always been the type to go wherever she felt like, and loving to explore. She could understand a love of travel, although not why he would only want to do so back home, the same places over again. She spent the rest of the meal in mostly companionable silence, but responding to and making small talk whenever it came naturally. She wanted to understand Ko, although seeing things from his perspective did not come easily to her.

Omnipresent Poster

He wasn't an exciting guy to begin with. He always felt that way about himself to begin with. He was a man who always put his work before anything else. And because of that, he rarely got a life to himself. Pursuing justice was his life. But going out with women like Cale and Shayla made him realize lately what his true meaning of life was. He stared down at his half eaten food in thought of this, then looked up to Cale.

"As you can see, being a Renshu leader is not exactly as fun as it looks. Money...women...it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. They're all expendable. People's lives...people's trusts...those are the greatest treasures in the world. They are my source of income."

Omnipresent Poster

X Capital Vices X
(Hm.)

((Hm, indeed. Stop by sometime.))
(Got an OOC thread?)

Omnipresent Poster

Oowl
(Got an OOC thread?)

(( Here. ))

Omnipresent Poster

Business went on as usual at this place of Yuen Enterprises. Visitors were coming in, either to get a drink, play the tables, or to get a pretty woman in their arms. Sometimes, all of these things at once. Ko sat in his chair in his upstairs office, watching the proceedings on televisions on a wall while settled back with a glass of whiskey in his hand. Business was good.

Dangerous Prophet

~{ Samayou Tamashii }~

~{ You know we can't get away.....
.....every day I feel this Pain. }~

"S "Your big, I've fought bigger....."

User Image
Five Black SUVs pulled up in front of the bar, clean and simple trucks with roll bars on the front and military style tires. Whoever owned them had invested a-lot of money into making them tanks on wheels that could go over 140 MPH. Men poured out but on was more distinct then all the rest, he was... different.

Samayou climbed out of the Middle SUV, his black dress shoes touching the ground as his men followed, but he put his hand up.
"I'll go in alone..." The men all glanced at each other for a moment but none dared question their boss. He turned back at the only women in the company, she was dressed in a suit like all of them. She had aging features but a solid and firm body at 5'8" tall. He gave her a nod and she moved forward as the pair strolled into the club....

Bethany Cotwright walked in first, her long blonde hair tied up in a bun, ice blue eyes scanning the sectors of the nearly empty club. She had on a black suit with a blue under blouse, dressed in formal attire as always when on duty. Her employer followed...

At 6'6" he dwarfed most people in the room but his tall athletic form was even more dominating when dressed for business. He had on a midnight black suit and a black silk under shirt. His business worked in rank, those of the lower echelon wore black and white suits, supervisors wore gray under shirts and elite wore blue like Bethany did. Only he wore black on black and with midnight colored skin ad black empty eyes it was an imposing presence to do business with. His scar covered face turned left and right as he glanced about and those present turned to see the new comer, one of them almost falling out of the seat.

It was not every day you had a being worth Trillions of dollars simply stroll into your establishment. Samayou in a sense owned Durem, his ownership of several large engineering, energy research, and pharmaceutical companies made him THE financial power house of the Gaian City. He was an over whelming man not because of his money but his absolute physical power. His very presence radiated raw strength that quaked the earth under him wherever he walked. He took a moment to look about then strolled to the bar, adjusting his jacket a little for unlike most he wore it differently. Samayou's suit jacket was actually an over coat worn draped over the shoulders with the sleeves dangling by his side. A classical style long forgotten, but he kept the tradition alive. His black empty eyes turned to the bar tender, staring like a pair of dead suns at him for what felt like the longest of seconds.
"Get him...."

His rumbling voice was but a whisper and still it sounded like the roar of a thousand beasts. Everything about him was beyond inhuman but it did not seem to bother the 60 year old athlete standing next too him. Bethany only nodded at the bar tender, turning her attention o the decor as she admired the establishment.

And so the pair waited.....

~{ Devil of the Mountain }~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas