Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
At first, Cale seemed surprised when Ko slung his arm around her so casually. She knew she was there as his date, but usually he was a lot more distant. The truth was that she liked when a guy took the initiative though (as long as it was a guy that she wanted to take the initiative that is). After her initial moment of tensing up (even inching away slightly out of instinct) she began to relax under the gentle rubbing of his hand on her back.

Although she didn't tell anyone, Cale was actually a real sucker for back rubs. She even let out a small sigh and nursed her drink in both hands, thinking that this party definitely wasn't turning out to be so bad.

However, when she felt his hand brush lower down her back, making the gesture seem much more intimate, she glanced up at him with a raised brow and a slightly questioning look in her eye. She didn't give him any words of encouragement or tell him off though, wondering what he would do next.

Omnipresent Poster

"Cale, let me ask you something," Ko started. "Did Shayla tell you about the first night we met?"

It was a strange thing for him to ask her such a personal topic, but he felt it was the best time than any. With alcohol warm on their tongues and the evening having eased their mood, it could turn out a good moment to catch her with a question that normally would leave someone dazed in questioning.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Well, she hadn't exactly been expecting that question, and it made her tense a little and take a long drink from her glass. She had been trying not to think about Ko and Shayla for the time being, although it was best that the topic was brought up before anything actually happened between Ko and herself. After a moment she set down the drink and glanced at Ko.

"I know about what happened."

She conceded directly, neither confirming nor denying whether she had in fact spoken with Shayla.

Omnipresent Poster

Vague answer. Either she knew the details or she just knew the implications. Whatever the case, he could only assume that Cale had figured it out. Shayla did say that the girl would find out through her own means soon enough. Ko didn't pick up his glass and drink from it like she did. He kept himself composed, both physically and mentally.

"It was nothing personal. Just two people indulging in the pleasures of life. It is better that way. We both understand that this kind of life is not for someone like her. It may seem like I am corrupting her, but do not fear. I will only go as far as that."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
'Its always personal with Shayla.'

Cale thought the words, but bit them back.

"So, you're saying that you two aren't committed, and that you have no intention of corrupting her by getting her deeply involved in this world?"

She finally asked, rotating her glass around in her fingers but not taking another drink quite yet. She was torn between feeling protective of Shayla or feeling hopeful that this meant they would be free to do as they pleased without betraying her friend.

"I've known this whole time, but why are you telling me now?"

His answer could sway her mood for the rest of the night - if he made Cale's protective nature focus too much on Shayla's well being, it would only distance her from Ko throughout the remainder of their date. But so too did he have the chance to clear the air and remove Cale's doubts about moving in on a 'taken' man.

It was a fine line that the man toed, having such an interest in women who were best friends.

Omnipresent Poster

He took hold of the glass in front of him.

"Why indeed." He rose it to his lips, drinking from it for a bit, his throat moving as the liquid poured down in a vigorous rush. A breath escaped his mouth once he was done, his eyes moving over to Cale again in their lazy stare that matched his neutral expressions.

"I'm simply letting you be aware of how things work here. This party is a nice way of getting you set on the kind of people that rule this world. Pay attention to it all. The mannerisms, the conversations, the people. Normally, someone such a low rank like yourself don't get to come here."

His hand moved around, securing an arm around her with its hugging just underneath her chest. They were pretty much as close as they could get side by side at this point.

"This is a unique opportunity for you."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cale wasn't entirely sure what to make of his answer, so when he paused to take another drink she did the same.

"I know I'm lucky to be here."

She finally said, a little bit distracted by his arm hugging her so close to him. A bit of a smile reached her lips though and she chuckled.

"I guess I should be saying thanks for bringing me."

Omnipresent Poster

"Ko!"

A voice came out from the crowd. Walking into appearance was a black man with a near-bald haircut. He had on a pale violet suit and wore a gold chain around his neck. He gave a great smile, however. Ko removed his arm from around Cale.

"Cale, this is Markus Geiver. He owns a nightclub in Durem. We use to be business partners. Markus, this is my date, Cale."

"Nice to meet you, gorgeous" he said to her, extending his right hand out for her to take if she wished.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Hearing the voice, Cale glanced up and over her shoulder to get a good look at the man in the violet suit. He had a nice enough smile, though, and Cale didn't at all mind taking his hand. At least her hand felt smooth through the gloves that covered up her callouses when she placed her hand in his.

"The pleasure's all mine."

She returned the smile, even laughed softly when he called her gorgeous. Usually guys only called her that after they'd had a few, or if they were just trying to flatter her into giving it up to them. But Le Blir really had done his job well that night, so she was happy to accept the compliment. It was true enough.

Omnipresent Poster

He shook her hand back then redrew himself back to his seat.

"Cale, Markus and I need to catch up on old times. Why don't you go around and meet some people in the meantime."

He was hesitant to do this, but it helped in two ways. One, it was going to let her get to know some of the people around her, and make her own judgments. And two, it would be good if they didn't stay together for too long. The allure of being apart was better for securing their relationship later. It also would be good for giving them both a breath of space now and again. Neither of them were exactly the cuddling type.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
"Right, I'm sure you guys can do your catching up without me."

She gave them each a smile, and she let her arm brush against Ko's as she stood up.

"I'll be around."

Bidding the two men farewell, she moved off into the crowd. For the time being, she looked for the most promising place to mingle, taking the remainder of her drink with her and holding it in one sparkling red-gloved hand.

Omnipresent Poster

If Cale was looking for groups to approach, she had a few options.

The first was the guy in the hawaiian setup, aka Suen Ding, who was having a good time talking among some people.

The second was a group of men laughing among one another, hanging out on the opposite side of the deck. The main guy of this group had long black hair and red round glasses. He had the face of some mad scientist, facial features that easily emphasized grins. He was wearing a white suit. Their group looked more like the type Cale usually hung out with, though she didn't know them yet.

Another group was one with the older lady. She was talking with other women, including the girl with the white long hair Jennifer Baiman. They seemed relatively professional, more than the second group.

This was the obvious group. She still go about if she wanted to search for something or someone specific.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cale's first instinct was to join the laughing group of men, as they were exactly like the kind of company she was used to keeping. She even began drifting toward them, until she remembered that she was attending the party as Ko's date. And she wasn't at all dressed like she normally would be - if she joined this group, she wouldn't be considered 'one of the guys'.

So instead of joining the guys, Cale drifted near them but then directed her movement toward the other two women instead. They seemed like the kind of women that Shayla would have migrated toward had she been in attendance. While Cale wasn't really the best at making small talk among other women, she thought maybe it would be a good learning experience.

Omnipresent Poster

As Cale approached, the eldest woman of the group, who was one of the women that met Tan Fa Rong at his entrance, looked toward the woman in the red dress. She gave a smile, turning around and extending an arm out in her direction. The other four women in their circle looked toward her, with the fifth, Jennifer, following suit with a turn of her head and a swish of her hair. She was a bit taller than Cale at this close of a range, and likely had the figure of a model underneath that black dress blouse and skirt that clung to her thighs.

"Aaah, you're the girl who walked in with Yuen. I must say, he really knows how to capture the girls. What's your name?"

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Oddly enough, it was almost intimidating joining that circle of women. Cale could face down waves of enemies without flinching, bluff her way into the heart of a drug dealers den, and perform any number of other dangerous stunts without batting an eye. But making a halfway decent impression on this business-like group of women? She was admittedly a little daunted.

Not that she wanted them to know that, of course. Holding her drink with both hands, Cale swished up to them in her sparkly red dress and gave the older woman a grateful smile for welcoming her.

"Thank you," She ducked her head modestly at what she hoped was a compliment from the other woman. "My name's Cale. I'm glad for the opportunity to be here with Ko and get to meet everyone."

She was being on her best behaviour, truly wanting to make a good impression. In her mind, she recalled being fourteen years old and introducing herself to stately older women, relatives of other young people her age and feeling pressured to impress them. At least this time she was here because she wanted to be here. The thought made her relax a bit and her smile more genuine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff