< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell nodded with a half smirk on his face. "Then this should not be much of a problem for you. It will only take a minute so bear with me Hideki." He followed the man over to the bed, waiting for him to lay down. Once he laid down, Maxwell walked over to Hideki and lowered his body so that he was standing over the man. "Here I go."

He brought his hand over Hideki's chest, and the glow was condensed into a solid beam of light. Maxwell lowered his hand until it was a few inches away from the wound. That would have been when the burning started. Crimson orbs were covered by pale shutters as Maxwell closed his eyes to concentrate hard. Soon enough the poison began to rush towards the wound so that he could remove it. Once it began to escape the would, the light was so hot that it evaporated it into smoke. "There is not much of it, but it is quite potent. Whoever did this wants you dead." That made him angry since Hideki seemed like a nice guy.

Corpius's Husband

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab SALEM ASH BURTON
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab cнαиɢєℓιиɢ

If anyone happened to be looking out the window, they would have seen, briefly, big eyes and big hair poking around the wall. Slowly disappearing, Salem fidgeted at her nails, worrying her lip. She should go in. She should go in. They said help wanted. She should go in. Slowly, she leaned over again to peer into the bar with owlish eyes, cupping a hand to the window, overlarge sleeve half blocking her view. Sliding along the wall slowly, she took a few deep breaths. Help wanted.
It was another few anxious moments before she got up the courage to meekly push open the door.
Salem was short but wildly nappy hair added inches. All round edges and fluff, she didn't take up much room. Standing with her shoulders hunched in, swimming in a collection of cloths somewhere between Hippy, Gypsie, and Hobo. Everything about her screamed 'invisible.'* Black as starless horizons, but with eyes that damn near shined green. There was just something about her ..... off.
She hesitated a moment, standing in the middle of the floor and looking around, and then took a seat right next to Heidi. She didn't introduce herself, or say 'hi,' but she stared. Even this close, and sitting relatively still, it could be hard to get a fixed impression on Salem. Something about her mannerism was more feline then person or... then again... maybe aviary. She tottered in her seat, like a tethered balloon.
After a second thought, Salem gave Heidi an oily smile.
And felt just a little bit proud of herself for being so friendly.
----

*It's a talent that can take years to develop. Screaming something like invisible. Most people who are invisible have to whisper it, if they mention it at all. And when people Scream something, it's normally something ostentatious. Salem, though, couldn't help but be in the way, and noticeable... at least, when she hadn't showered in half a week.

[OOC: IT LIIIIIIVVVVEEEESSSSS.
So. I actually exist. ... That's a thing.
-tags Nerde-
And you thought there were no creepers. =3 ]

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Room 3 xxxxxxxxx Company: Maxwell xxxxxxxxx Feeling: Aggressive and Hungry

Unfortunately for Hideki, the wound where the venom had been injected into his system had long ago healed, but the effects of the poison remained. This probably would have been helpful to mention to Maxwell before he started, so as the light poured into him, he wasn’t prepared for what happened next—neither of them probably were. Hideki let out a loud yell that didn’t stop as the light poured into him. The poison did find its way out of his body, but with no wound to come from and now that it had circulated through his body and was mixed among his blood stream, small micro tears in his skin formed to release the poison. It was painful, and blood found its way out along with the poison, soaking into his fine clothes. Essentially all of him would be covered in blood by the time the light finished as each pore and blood vessel opened to release the toxins.

Hide’s eyes snapped open, their normal golden color gone and replaced by a feral crimson. Fangs and incisors had elongated to grotesque lengths as he screamed a scream that became wild and unhuman. He revealed his fangs to the room, the last of the poison gone. The micro tears healed as fast as they formed, only having opened to release the blood and poison in his system. His hands reached up at lightning speed to grasp Maxwell’s arm as his eyes locked onto his target and pull him closer aggressively, his screaming ceasing as he went for the man’s neck, his fangs intent on finding their mark. With blood lost, blood needed to be gained. The woman who had first put him in this situation was forgotten for the time.

One Truth Prevails2184

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
Maxwell watched in fear at all of the things happening inside Hideki's body. He frowned as blood came out with the poison, never having encountered something like which had was happening to the man who laid on the bed. He focused, and intensified the light as to heal him quicker so the loss of blood wouldn't cause more permanent damage to his body.

The yell startled him a bit, but he had to keep going even though he could sense that the healing was what caused Hideki to change. It was the loss of blood. "Hang on Hideki. Focus on something pleasant, and brace yourself." His eyes shifted to the man's hand which reached up to quickly grab his arm with a strong grip that Maxwell didn't know if he could unhinge. "Let go Hideki." The glowing stopped suddenly, and quickly as Hideki snatched him towards those fangs. Maxwell disappeared completely, appearing across the room. The color, and pupil in his eyes disappeared as they turned solid white.

"Do not think you will have my blood." He said in a calm voice that seemed to be a bit deeper than usual. "You can not catch me. It does not matter how fast you are, I will escape your grip. Do not think I will hold this against you either Hideki. I know you are not yourself, I can sense it."

I have to go for tonight. I shall return tomorrow.

Quotable Genius

User Image
User Image

Location: Exiting the building xxxxxxxxx Company: Maxwell xxxxxxxxx Feeling: In need of a shower, hungry and amorous

He was sure he would feel his fangs sinking into thick and luscious flesh, bringing him the blood he much needed and desired after being both sick and healed. It was true he was in a frenzied state, but as his meal vanished from his grasp, he was forced to come back to reality as the man appeared across the room. That seemed enough to do the trick, and the blood coated man looked towards Maxwell passively. He wasn’t sure if he was going to apologize or not yet for his attempt at taking his blood. He turned his head away as his fangs retracted. His eyes remained a deep crimson that seemed too hostile for his suddenly calm manner as he looked back to Maxwell. The other man’s solid white eyes intrigued him, and one day if given the chance he would have to inquire about what he was--perhaps when they were on better and less hostile terms.

He believed Maxwell when he said that Hideki would never catch him. As much of a predator as he was, he wasn’t in blood lust, only not able to resist it if the opportunity presented itself—and it had. He knew his prey was not this man, and although he wouldn’t have killed him, as frightening as Hide probably appeared now, the man wouldn’t want to take any chance, so he didn't try to coerce him into a donation. “I believe you,” Hideki said nonchalantly, suddenly a rather inappropriate and large grin flashing across his face. He was feeling much better now.

“I shall thank you for your service of healing. I am in your debt, and I will repay you a favor, monetarily or otherwise when appropriate. I’m not exactly in any state to do that now. You shouldn’t refuse. Just keep it in mind and let me know if something strikes your fancy.” Hideki sat up and moved from the bed. He was looking at it with disapproval for the state it was in. The blood had soaked through his clothes in big patches, and some had gotten on the bed. He was going to have to pay for new sheets, that was certain.

“You’ll probably find me here again. For now, I should go before I’m tempted to bite someone else.” He moved towards the door and opened it, heading out towards the bar. He withdrew his wallet and credit card once more, walking calmly to the bar despite he was covered in blood from head to toe. This was bound to warrant more than a few stares, but he walked towards Kai once he located her, and he set the room key and his credit card before her, both covered in the blood from his hands. As he passed by, he looked into her eyes, his crimson ones catching hers for an intense and brief moment, indicating an emotion not often seen. He flashed her a bright and seemingly dangerous smile as he strolled peacefully out of the door, closing it behind himself before he disappeared into the night. One moment he was there, and the next he was gone in a flash.

One Truth Prevails2184
                              Kallistiae

(( I’ll go ahead and exit for now then in case I can’t post in time tomorrow. :3 ))

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Darian Wolfsttag
The Wandering Blade

"I am but the blade in the dark..."

Darian sighed as he held his katana in a slightly loose grip of his right hand blood dripping from the chisel tip. "Why... How..... What are you!" The man before him screamed as he scrambled in vain against the wall trying to get further back. The room was filled with bodies killed even as they raised guns that had done nothing to the one who killed them. "Me?" The swordsman as as he made his way through the gore to the old man. "I'm just a blade in the dark, and in turn your death." He said in a cold monotone as he flicked his wrist, and with a flash of silver, and spray of crimson the room went quite. "Jobs done." He muttered into a stone he had pulled from his pocket to let his contractor that he had killed his target.

"Good job money has been sent by the usual means you best lay low for awhile." A voice said over the stone that Darian had to agree with as he cleaned his blade, and sheathed it leaving the room and the gore behind. 'Only one place to go now.' He said as he exited the building stopping only to grab a pouch held in the beak of a massive raven. The man turned his blue eyes cold as he made his way down the street in the dark. He probably walked for quite some time, before he finally reached his destination a worn run down bar, and inn known as Alibi.

Darian smiled slightly as he moved up the step one hand resting casually on the one hilt of his pair of blades. He pushed open the heavy door ignoring the jingling bell, and just managed to avoid someone who seemed to be leaving. He didn't stop to look at him anyone here would likely be like him just someone wanting to lay low. He knew from experience that people like that often didn't want their faces seen so the swordsman just sat down at the bar placing his hands on top of it. "Witches brew please." He said simply waiting with patience not even stopping to see if someone was there to hear him.

"Where I walk death always follows close behind."
((Sorry! I fell asleep!))

Good at? Heidi smiled, "Well, I used to run a Tavern that my mother owned. So, I can do basically anything. Bartending is what I would prefer though." She felt someone sit next to her, and turned to look at her. Heidi stiffened, the hairs on her neck starting to stand. "Uh... Hi." She studied the girl, and returned the smile, just more friendly. "I'm Heidi." So much for creeps... She thought before giving up that girl was going to say anything and turned back towards her drink, taking a nice hearty sip.

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

Just like a shark I will tear you apart...
you wont even know what you did...

User Image

█████████████████████████xx𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖xx█████████████████████████

If Kai was at all bothered by the agonized screams coming from upstairs, she certainly didnt show it. Her face was impassive; the only recognition give that she even heard Hideki screaming was a single eyebrow gently arched as she glanced upwards for a moment, as if she might be able to see through the floorboards and into the room above.
Her eyesight was good, but it was not that good - she was forced to conclude that the healing process was not quite as pleasant as one might hope. She wasnt terribly surprised. She'd yet to be at the hands of a healer and enjoy the experience. The last one had broken her leg with a sledgehammer and a block of wood. Granted, she'd been forced to do so, so that she might reset a bone that had healed crooked in the girls leg, but still. That sort of experience makes you keen to avoid healing hands for a while, even if she had been drugged out of her mind at the time.

"Sounds like its going well." she murmured to herself absently, before the chiming of the front door bell announced another visitor, and drew her attention away from whatever was going on upstairs.
The woman that entered was...strange. Equal parts nondescript -so that your eyes had to fight the urge to just slide right past her- and...well, very descript. You cant walk around with Einstein hair and street-rat smell and not be noticed.
Kai's nose wrinked faintly, just a little against her will. The woman clearly had not bathed in a while, and it took the little lycan a moment to adjust to that rather unique odor of someone you expect has been sleeping in alleyways.
It had been too long since she'd been on the streets herself. A powerful patron had spoiled her for the nicities of upper class living. Her nose wasnt used to that smell anymore - Vincent had replaced it with perfumed lotions and creams.
She snorted once - both in amusement at herself and to clear her nose of the scent - but said nothing as the girl took up her seat.
Kai only kicked homeless people out if they tried to dine and dash. If Crazy-Eyes could pay, she could stay.

The lycan watched with no small amount of amusement as the hobohemian broke at least 12 laws of social ettiquite, taking a seat right next to Heidi even though there were plenty others open, and staring avidly at her with an unblinking intensity.
Kai had to bite her lip to keep from laughing, unable to bring herself to come to Heidi's rescue - this was just too funny.
She glanced up as Darian approached the bar, a grin still lingering in the tucked up corners of her lips as he sat down and placed his order.
"Witches brew...."
"Coming right up love." she replied, giving a little head nod in the mans direction as she turned and disappeared into the kitchen nearby.
Luckily she'd already set the kettle to heat for an earlier order.
Deft hands hovered over the cast iron teapot for a moment, checking the heat of it before she turned the burner off and found a nearby towel.
Kai didnt have quite as much experience with tea as she did with liquor - and she had even less skill with coffee, as the half broken coffee machine nearby could attest to - but the hedgewitch that had mixed up the herbs for the tea had given her a quick run down on how to brew it properly.
She reached for a nearby glass jar, full to the brim with a motley and colorful collection of various herbs and spices, and scooped out a small batch with a tea strainer. The strainer was closed and left to sit in the momentarily empty cup, and placed on a small tray.
Above her head, Kai could hear footsteps now instead of screaming, and muted distant conversation. Hideki was up again which meant Maxwell would be down soon for his own tea.
Kai scooped another tea strainer full of leaves, and found a second cup like the first - smallish and cast iron to match the kettle she had brewed in, a set bought from the hedgewitch because something about cast iron and the tea tasting better? She hadnt been paying attention.
This cup too was set down on the tray, and Kai quickly added a small milk jug, a bowl of sugar, and a little pot of honey.
She balanced the tray against the curve of her hip, and picked the teapot up by its handle with the towel protecting her skin from the heat, and made her way back into the bar.

She worked quickly, for someone that didnt really know jack-s**t about tea that wasnt southern sweet tea.
Each cup was unloaded from the tray and placed in front of Darian and an empty chair nearby for Maxwell, with the honey, milk and sugar placed between them to share as they needed.
With the tray unloaded, and set under the bar, Kai was able to pour the water carefully into each mug, steam curling up from the cups as she poured.
"Let it seep for a moment." she instructed Darian as she moved slightly to the side to pour Maxwells cup.

When she was done, the kettle and the tray were returned to the kitchen, the kettle once more placed on a burner to keep the water warm.
The white haired woman wiped her hands down on a small towel that she tossed carelessly onto her shoulder as she stepped back up to the bar, glancing once more at Darian, her eyes sweeping over him and catching on the weapons.
She cleared her throat pointedly and arched an eyebrow, her lips twitching once more into a grin.
"Sorry love." she said, leaning on the counter with her arms crossed against the bar. "You'll either have to check your weapons at the door, or else peace-tie them while you're here."

Her bartending duties finished for the time being, Kai glanced back at Heidi as she spoke.
"How long you work at your mothers tavern?" she asked absently, trying to find a good way to judge the girls skill. "What kind of drink you make?"

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...and I'll try to spare you the pain of my jaws
...but it's just in my nature to rip and to shred

Ruthless Lover

User Image

--------------------------------------------------

Quaint. The word rang out in her head with all the twang of a proper southern lady, the place was stirring inside from the top floor she heard a echoing holler. Not the most welcoming sound but she wasn't too perturbed, the little shack was a little worse off then what had been described.
                                                Ida let out a harsh sigh and eyed the building, Why the hell not, she thought exiting her bug. With a meep meep her bright red beetle locked up, no way in hell she was leaving it unlocked the place just didn't feel trustworthy enough. She straightened up to her full five foot three and a half inches and walked into the establishment with a Ding to accompany her entrance.
                                                Quick eyes scanned the room landing on all six people and some disheveled furniture, then to an empty bar stool at the end of the counter. She be-lined for the stool passing by most everyone with a confident stride only faltering when she was hit with an offensive odor, she quickly corrected her mistake and sat a bar stool away from the jet black woman who looked to be homeless. However she could also just be into the hobo-shiek bullmularky that seemed to be littering every fashion magazine from here to kingdom come.
                                                Ida waited patiently for the barkeep to finish with her previous customer, her hands placed neatly folded on the scarred counter top that only added to the charm of the bar. Her eyes flitted to the woman next to every few seconds, it wasn't much like Ida to keep her mouth shut about anything and was having one hell of a time keeping it clamped. She never tried to offend anyone but she had no internal filter to stop her most of the time. With a deep breath she stopped looking at the woman and looked behind the bar instead, reading the bottle labels.

|| Edited ||
                                                --------------------------------------------------

xxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Darian Wolfsttag
The Wandering Blade

"I am but the blade in the dark..."

Darian waited patiently glancing for a moment at those in the bar just to make sure of their threat levels. He didn't see any weapons on them which definitely settled his mind for the time being. 'Though like me they probably don't need weapons.' He thought his attention turning to the white haired woman as she brought the tea telling him to let it, and then informed him about his weapons. He raised his brow his ice blue eyes meeting the Lycan's gold for several moments, before he nodded slightly. "Understood as you wish."

Darian took the weapons from his belt both of which radiated dark energies, and the feel of recent death having been caused. He then reached into his coat one gloved hand pulling out a pair of long thin wires. He quickly tied them around the Katana, and Tanto's hilt, and scabbard securing them. "Satisfied?" He asked as he returned them to his belt, and taking notice of the woman who walked to the seat next to him. He looked her over with calculating blue eyes, before looking at the Lycan who was asking someone something.

Darian waited for the woman to reply, before he spoke again his voice cold and emotionless as always. "Oh by the way I need to lay low for a time, and would like a room, but if you don't have a chef I would like to offer my skills for the time I am staying here." he said softly as he finally took up the cast iron cup, and sipped the tea inside. He immediately felt the effects of the tea, and sighed softly. He felt the remains of the bullet wounds in him heal though they where just small annoyances that had for the most part healed. He also felt his energies start to restore bolstering his dark aura that matched the blades at his hip.

"Where I walk death always follows close behind."
Heidi glanced over at the man who asked for witches brew, he looked scary when he had his weapons on him, but taken off he looked, well, normal. She offered him a smile and turned back towards the woman. "She died. So I inherited it. But, around anything basic. A few exotic." She shrugged, Heidi wasn't the type to brag about skills. "I can learn more though." She added quickly. Her fingers traced the rim of the glass. "I mean, I could clean if that would be better." She looked at the man again when he offered to cook. "Are you a good cook?" She asked, now turning her body towards him.

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Michi ▬▬▬▬▬
                                        x x x x xx F E I S T Y M I D G E T

x x x x ██ ×x Scratch Behind My Ears
          x x x x x x x _ Call me a good kitty _ Don't piss me off _ And we're square!
          x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

x x xLocation: Bar
              x x x Company: All new people yaaay!
              x x x Mood: Still job hunting
              x x x Occ: ~

Looking at him as he explained what he had been doing all this time she just blinked after listening in confusion. When Kai put her two sense in she continued to blink at her as well. Looking back at Takashi she began to laugh. Not because of his hidden hobby, but because she thought it was going to be a lot worse. As she finished laughing she happily said,"that's it?! I thought you were gonna end up being a ladies man." Michi beat up people most of her life for a living, even almost killed. His drag racing wasn't much of a big deal to her. If it's what he liked to do, it's what he liked to do. She loved to sing and well rearrange people's faces. Looking back at Kai she smiled,"I don't think it's that bad, but I would like to ask you a question Ms. Kai..." As Michi looked around the bar she asked in confusion,"how are we supposed to fight now?" Since Michi entered there had been so many more people that have seemed to follow suit.

Sighing she turned back to Kai and said,"well Ms. Kai. I really need a job, and if you want to fight later we can, but is there anyway I can just be a singer for now. Not that I don't mind when people get in the way, but I don't want to scare away your company." She looked around once more at everyone in the bar. Turning around once more she happily asked as her tail wagged,"could I also get another one of my milkshake's? You should try it too!"

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Maxwell Brooks

Location:Leaving Hideki's room. Mood:Slightly angry. Company:None.

User Image
    Maxwell watched Hideki transform back into something that seemed more human, or at least he appeared that way. The white glow in his own eyes stopped in an instance, and began to change back to the crimson color. Maxwell nodded towards the man when he said he believed him, which was good. It was good that he didn't try to come after him, or the two could have ended up fighting. Maxwell hated violence, and would often use his gift of teleportation to avoid conflict.

He placed his slim pale hands up slightly, shaking his head of almost illuminated white hair. "You owe me nothing. I was glad to be of service. Somehow I do not see you as the type to let it go, so if I can think of anything I will inform you." Maxwell said with a slight laugh, lightening his mood. He nodded once more as the Hideki said he would see him again, and Maxwell hoped so. "I do hope that we can be friends Hideki. That is really all I want since I do not have many." The truth was, Maxwell didn't have any friends.

everyone of his friends were killed, or had ran away because of the one's who used to chase him. He did finally become free of having to run so often, but he could never find the people he cared about. Maxwell wasn't to far behind Hideki, walking out of the room to close the door behind him. He disappeared, and reappeared down the hall and continued down the steps to head to the counter where his tea was waiting. "Miss Louvelle, it seems your establishment has attracted more guests." He sat down in front of a tea cup, picking it up to take a long sip. "Hideki should be fine."

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff