Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

He pushed back his plate, the flatware resting neatly across it. He picked up the glass of wine, and sipped from it as he thought about her question. She had ignored his inquiry about her guests, but he felt there wasn't any harm in telling her. "I'm a military man- well, I was until this happened, of course. We were operating out in Russia, a covert op, very hush-hush. No one knew about it, something about a cult leader recruiting followers for some sort of experiments. They didn't tell us much before we got there, but when we did" Nikolai shook his head slowly, "It was nothing I could have expected, that's for sure. He hesistated taking another noticibly larger gulp of the wine. Looking up at her he smirked a bit. "This is gonna sound crazy, but you know, there are things that go that people just don't know about.
Nikolai took a the long last gulp to gauge how crazy he was sounding. Vanity sat patiently listening so he continued, "They were creating some kind of men with fused with animals. Dogs.. or wolves or something, I didn't get much chance to ask questions. My men and I were attacked by them and I barely made it out before the charges we set went off. I survived out there in the woods on my own for almost a week, dragging what was left of me, in make-shift bandages to a nearby village." He pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, "Tried to get hold of my unit after getting out a hospital there, but the slate had already been cleaned. Still getting that VA pay though, for just about anything I need." He chuckled a bit at himself, "Sorry, not many people I've told that story to haven't called me insane or just think I'm some PTSD nutjob who marbles just ain't quite all there, so I tend to get carried away." He pushed back from the table a bit and turned towards her. "You smoke?", he said holding out the open pack in her direction.

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Dog... men? Her curiosity rose as she leaned in a little closer, wetting her soft, kissable lips. She was intrigued to say the least. Although it was strange for her, to be so interested in a human and especially one in his condition. Vanity's tastes always leaned towards large, beastly men- perhaps never the most attractive, but with large, hulking presences, Nikolai didn't offer that. But he did offer pecs to die for- not that she could. Her golden eyes dropped down to look at the pack he offered her, nodding. "I do." she informed him, "...outside, of course." she said as she stood up, leaving her jacket hanging over the next bar stool.

She paused for a moment, not sure if it would be degrading to him if she were to push his chair- but she restrained herself, he clearly had the upper strength to do it himself. She started outside, knowing he would follow her. She would hold the sliding back doors at the back of the bar open for him. Once they were outside, she'd wait for him to re-offer her a smoke. "Those men...." she said softly. "Were they anthropomorphic?" she paused a moment, she probably sounded a little crazy. "...and, Nikolai, do you remember the phase of the moon of the moon that night?"

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
User Image
Nikolai Crowe

Nikolai gladly pushed himself out behind her. He'd not seen this side of her before but as he expected, he was pleasantly not surprised. It's like she'd been cast out of some otherworldly mold, every bit of her was painstakingly detailed by some maniac obsessed with the female form. He tried not to stare but, well, he was at wheelchair level after all. As he rolled out the open door, pushing it closed behind him, he lit a cigarette and passed it to her. Lighting his own, he spoke quietly with it in his mouth, "Anthro- oh, you mean like a real werewolf?" It's not like he hadn't considered the possibility but her question made him take a moment to really think back on it. "I don't know. It's not like I saw them pulling a Teen Wolf or whatever. It happened so fast, our mission was simply to eliminate any hostile forces and destroy their base to prevent them from returning."

Her second question, on the other hand, he knew the answer to. "I know the stories, and trust me, I've done my homework. But I came to the conclusion the moon being full that night was either coincidence or maybe they thought it'd bring them some sort of luck. If you can call it that." He shook his head, looking down as he was thinking about it. "Those disgusting... things murdered my men and...", he trailed off. Nikolai leaned back in his chair as he smoked. "Who knows, maybe they were just psycho fur-suit freaks.", he chuckled a little bit before letting the smoke seep slowly out of his nostrils. "Why? You're lookin' at me like you saw 'em too."

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

Vanity took the cigarette from him, listening to him as it burnt between her beautiful lips. Did he not know? There were plenty of humans still that had no clue of supernatural creatures like herself. Perhaps he truly was oblivious. The real question was what he would do if... well- when he found out her true origins. "Oh," was all she said to his first statement, while all these thoughts ran laps around her brain.

She was quite when he answered her second question. She had already made the connections in her head and while he didn't think it- Vanity was certain that werewolves did this to Nikolai. He would have been such a perfect fledgling for the wars- although he was probably just a child at the time- if he was even born. She smiled when he mentioned her seeing them. I've killed more werewolves than years you have aged. She wanted to say, but she wasn't sure- she bit her tongue, for just a few seconds. "I have." she admitted after inhaling, smoke billowed from her lips as she spoke. "My people were at war with them for many, many years." she finally said. If there were anyone to tell him that all the creatures that made up his nightmares were real- and one was standing before him. Her quarrels with the werewolves were long over. She'd wait to see if he would ask the right questions- instead of simply coming right out with it.

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

Nikolai sat for a moment absorbing what she was saying. He took another drag of his cigarette, "Oh- okay." He nodded to himself not saying anything for a moment. He already told her he'd done his homework, it was what brought him here in there first place after all. People all across the heavily wooded areas of this state claimed they'd seen all kinds of weird things. Reports had come to his attention through a couple of his aquaintences that this place, this Inn, didn't even exist.

Well, here he was staring at what he was looking for all along, but she sure wasn't what he expected. "Your people fought in a war?", as he spoke the words he felt as if he already knew her better. Then it clicked, that look in her eyes, it was so familiar but it made sense now, "So then you're a soldier, too? Fighting against those... things?" His hand rested on his chest for a moment, over the scars hidden under his shirt, as the images of more men and women like himself being murdered like prey like his brothers in battle years before. Nikolai raised an eyebrow, looking at her as he re-lit his cigarette, "How?"

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

She smirked impishly at his response. She watched him process his own thoughts and she knew that she had met a man who may not realize how deep he was in and how close he was to finding the truth he'd been searching for. Vanity placed the cigarette between her cherry lips again, drawing a long drag from it and letting the smoke stream from her nostrils slowly. She watched it swirl into the air in gray blue ribbons before his voice brought her gaze back to his face.

Vanity nodded at his first inquiry, still smiling at him. She didn't look like a hardened soldier by any means. Not scars, cuts or scrapes. No sign of aging- the woman looked barely a day over twenty-three. Not a single skin imperfection. She didn't seem particular muscular- her bare stomach without any sign of extra curricular work outs like a six pack or anything of the like. When he asked how, she'd look him in the face, quiet for a moment.

If he hand only showed up at her home in Romania. Throne room walls decorated with mounted heads. Fur rugs made from their hides, steaks made from their meat. He wouldn't believe his eyes. "With specialized weapons- all made of silver." she said softly. "Poisons and magics...." Then it dawned on her as she looked at him again. He wasn't very old by her standards- and it had been centuries since the werewolves had seemed any bit dangerous- to her at least. Perhaps they had given up on their blood feud with the vampires. Perhaps they were going after weaker, less-informed prey. "I lead an army against them..." she told him, biting her tongue once more, stopping herself from finishing that sentence with for centuries. She took another slow drag of her cigarette as she leaned her head back and let the smoke puff from her lips.

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

"Of course", he thought. Finally, someone was telling him the truth and while he accepted what he was hearing from her as the truth, the scope of what he'd known was miniscule compared to what he now imagined. Nikolai looked at her a bit stunned. She was strong, he could tell that before, but an army? The scale of the word meant a lot more than she was letting on. He was already neck-deep in it now, so he dove in, "So what'd you do to piss off a bunch of furry freaks the likes of them?"

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

Vanity tossed the cigarette into the grass, smiling at him. It must have been weird to see a person smile as they talked of war- even stranger when it was one they fought. The truth was that during the wars, Vanity never lost a single man, but bringing that up wouldn't be right- she'd feel as if she were rubbing his failures in his face. She wanted to uplift this man and to teach him things he knew in his heart were true. He asked her about her crimes against them and she could only chuckle a moment. Vanity crossed her arms beneath her breasts and tilted her head to the side as she looked at him. "I'm a vampire." she told him.

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

He laughed loudly, smoke billowing from his mouth as he did. "Wow", he replied simply. The more she spoke, the more things made sense. Nikolai had completely dismissed his intuition almost entirely initially. Golden eyes, her chilled touch, he'd heard of the same things before from the same type of people who'd told him about this place. It was all coming together now right before him, everything he'd been searching for. Well, not everything. "How do I know you're not just pulling my- um well, you know."

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

She smiled at his suspicions. "I thought you might as that." she said. Vanity gave him a sample of her speed first. To his human, and most likely tired, eyes, she would appear to disappear, only to be leaning over his shoulder from behind. "I cant move faster than your eyes can process." she told him softly. Her arm reached over his shoulder, into his line of view, her other snaked around the other side as she extended a sharply filed nail to cut her skin open. "I feel almost no pain when I'm injured," she added. Before his eyes, her would healed immediately, following the entire process of bleeding, clotting and scabbing over faster than any human possibly could. "Do you need more proof?" she asked, kindly, as she walked back around, slowly this time, to stand in front of him.

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

He watched, if you could call it that, as she became a blur and then apparated behind him. Even his military-trained keen eyes couldn't keep up. This was something he'd thought he was prepared for mentally, but as he watched the cut on her arm healed instantly his eyes widened. Power was not something Nikolai desired, not really, but watching her step back around him, he began to imagine how things could have been different. "Not at all.", he chuckled a little bit again. "Well, I thought you drank my strange and tragic story a little to easily. But I had no idea you were literally running the bar of the supernatural." Nikolai ran his hand through his hair, letting out a breath of relief. "So, do you still lead this army?"

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

Vanity shook her head slowly. "The army was disbanded centuries ago..." she'd tell him, pulling her hair over her shoulder as she spoke. "I don't fight anymore.... I try not to." she admitted. "In fact it makes me feel slightly uneasy to know that you battled the recently." she added absentmindedly. Recent for her of course, and probably not for him, though there was no doubt that he remembered the day like it was yesterday.

User Image

╔══════════════╗
✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘
John Frost
The God Eater
--------------------------------------
I will serve you the Liquor of the Gods.

✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘
╚══════════════╝

He noticed how the guest decided to leave, the soldiers who guarded the man seemed to feel like they got a bless from the sky as they left the Inn. He found amusing how the soldiers acted but he decided to pay more attention to the man he had served. The wine he chose was extremely expensive but it had to be used since he had made a special sauce that accompanied the steak which was made with a brand that was unknown by many. He decided that the expensive wine would only mark the different taste in the sauce he had made, the man would be tasting two wines and John only wanted for one to mark the man's taste. He enjoyed as the man devoured the steak, feeling appreciated by the compliments he received. To those compliments he gave a friendly smile and a nod in sign of appreciation. He walked away from the man, for a few minutes. He went to the kitchen again so that he could place everything in order again so that when another guest arrived he could do a meal for him as well since the cook wasn't hired yet. John was a master at being a bartender but he was also a skilled cook, being able to serve under some very famous restaurants. He didn't follow a cooking career because he knew that the joy he would bring to a person was in form of a liquid not food. He finished cleaning the kitchen in a matter of seconds really since he didn't make any mess at all. He decided to check on the man so he walked to the exit of the kitchen. When he reached the bar again he noticed how the man had left with the woman. They seemed to be both outside enjoying the night sky. He smiled a bit more when he saw how the man had ate everything and that gave him a joy kind of feeling. The wine glass was barely empty which meant that the sauce did the work as well. He cleaned the table, placing the dirty dishes in the kitchen's sink so that he would wash them later. After the few seconds it took him to clean the table, it was ready for another person in case it was needed. He decided to check on the man and the woman, just in case they needed anything else or if they wished to have a small chat.

He gave the few steps that were required to reach the main two doors where the woman and the man were located. He made his arrival as silent as possible so that he could hear their chat. He wasn't listening to their chat because he was a noisy man but because he wanted to see if he would interrupt anything. He heard the man's story, how it seemed that his entire team had been attacked by the ones infected with the lycanthrope gene or as some prefer to call them werewolves, he isn't an exception as he sometimes calls them that as well. He found interesting how that man seemed to believe that his story was of a mad man, when in reality the monsters that are told to only exist in fairy tales and fantasy books are actually real. He gave a small chuckle when he heard the woman's speech, not wanting to miss a single word. He found very amusing that in the end she revealed to him what she was, a vampire. He watched her demonstrate a basic level of the vampire gene, the regeneration and the enhanced speed but she her speed was a bit more enhanced than normal vampires which was what made her seem to disappear into thin air. He decided not to interrupt them and leave them be so he walked to the bar again.

After the few minutes that he spent on the bar while the woman and the man had a chat about her past, he decided to go for a walk and maybe find something interesting to do. He walked to the main two doors and walked around both of them so he wouldn't interrupt anything. He turned around and curved to them both before speaking. His tone revealed a bit of how bored he was but not too much that it would overflow his speech.
"Miss and Sir, if you excuse me I will go for a walk. If you need anything please utter my name and I will come back." He contained the urge to laugh when he mentioned the utter his name part because he would arrive before they said another word. The man now knew that vampires and werewolves existed so he wouldn't be that surprised if he saw how fast he was. After his speech was done he got back to his normal posture and walked away from the two. After a few minutes of walking he was only a black dot in the red clay road for the two if they were watching him.

He was stunned how beautiful the landscape was, it was extremely basic yet it had a certain beauty he loved. He looked back, the red clay road stretched for miles where the end was the Inn, the lights were still visible. He was ready to walk a bit more when he felt a few presences approaching fast but they were still extremely far. He smiled as his senses allowed his to feel enemies approaching from distance far beyond many. He decided that he would eliminate the threat before it reached the Inn. After a few minutes of waiting, the enemies arrived to his encounter. He knew they weren't only werewolves but their trainers as well. A pack of around thirty werewolves and ten vampires, yes vampires, surrounded him. He was used to this, a team composed of these beasts that were trained by vampires to serve as hunting dogs. He laughed a bit which was understood as a sudden move and caused a few werewolves to attack. Poor beasts, he didn't want to kill them. In what seemed to a matter of seconds the only thing left was one werewolf and its trainer. The trainer knew what would happen but he was a proud vampire and decided to die with honor by attacking John. He grabbed the vampire's neck, his skin entered in contact with the trainer's skin which made him able to absorb the energy. He did what that vampire did to others, he drained him. The beast was now alone, growling and howling so that his presence was announced. John hoped the woman at the Inn would not hear the howls of this beast. The beast attacked John, getting the same fate as the vampire. He looked at the mess that was around him, there was no blood since he killed them all without scaring their skin. He decided to collect the fangs from the beasts and the vampires in a way of trophy and then he would make their bodies disappear. After around ten minutes he was done and decided to walk back to the Inn. He walked down the red clay road, a little bag on his left pocket containing the fangs. When he was at a distance he could be seen he nodded to the woman.
"The confusion has been cleared Miss. I apologize if the noise annoyed you." He made his voice a bit louder so that she could hear him clearly.

OutOfCocktail: Again, apologies for the long post.
Company: The woman and the man in a wheelchair.
User Image
    There was nothing notable about the human man standing in front of the interesting bar. He wasn't anything special other than being good looking. He doesn't think much about the bar either. Tyrone saw the place as somewhere to rest and gather his thoughts. He wasn't the young man he was half a decade ago -- bouncing off every damn wall. Success and regrets had shaped him, however, how much has changed hadn't appeared to be much.

He still likes to drink.

He still likes to ******** bitches.

He still loves a good time.

He was still Tyrone Tyson, but his middle name changed Ty over the period of his 'absence.' He didn't know why. So, upon entering the bar with a sign title that was too difficult to read, he was hit with the thirst for a drink.

He strolled smoothly up to the bar;s with a gait that was graceful and cat-like. His sharp eyes searched the room once. He would pause in his scan just to observe the eye-alluring women. Once he had an idea of the inside, noting the windows, the back doors, or anything else strange, he sat at the bar. Passing by the fireplace, his hair lit up like a blaze. It wasn't actually on fire, but the light from the embers cast their magical affect on him.

Aloof, and quick-witted green eyes glanced at the bar's assortment of drinks. At last, the nomadic man felt like he could settle down and relax a little -- a rarity with all he's been through. "It's been too ******** long."

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

The howling didn't alarm Vanity, she was used to it. There were plenty of strange animals around the inn. "It's perfectly fine." insisted the vampiress before turning back to Nikolai. "Excuse me." Vanity said to Nikolai. She turned back to open the sliding back doors attached the bar and walked back inside. She had noticed a man sitting at the bar and thought it would be much more polite to greet him than to continue her somewhat selfish discussion. The woman sauntered towards where the man sat, making her way behind the bar counter. "Good evening." she'd call out to him softly, offering a beautiful and warm smile. Still without her leather jacket, she'd place her seemingly delicate hands on the bar counter in front of him, leaning over slightly. "You look like you're in need of a good, stiff drink." she purred sweetly. With a tilt of her head her soft, raven hair would brush over her bare shoulders and she'd stand up straight again. Her hands would rest gently on her flat bare stomach, waiting for a response from the newcomer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces