Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

She could hear activity in the bar area- scents of Nikolai and her employee. It eased her slightly to know that there were people inside her home, enjoying it and, more importantly being safe. One thing that was would never change about Vanity is her sense of protection over her tenants, guests and people. She was just about to join them when Damon entered, her head lifted and he was offered a kind, closed-lipped smile.

She watched him, looking up at him from her seat as she crossed one lovely leg over the other and took a sip from her goblet. His remark forced a light-hearted chuckle from kissable lips as she shook her head, shifting slightly to make room on the couch she placed herself on. "Oh no," she admitted softly. "Just contemplative, I guess." She took another sip from her goblet before uncrossing her legs and placing it on the glass coffee table in front of them. "But what about you? What have you been up to?" she said softly, eyeing the guards with an impish glint in her eyes. Their uneasiness was painfully obvious and she loved nothing more to make them worry more- especially when there wasn't a shred of danger for them or Damon to worry about.

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Xerowingz
User Image
Nikolai Crowe

Nikolai gladly accepted the drink from the bartender, "Cheers." He sipped the drink, it was quite good, and as he did he noticed others moving about the lobby. Nodding at a dark-haired man who acknowledged him a bit earlier as he made his way to the bar as well. He looked back to the bartender, "This something you concocted? Quite a talent you've got, I can tell. Never could get the hang of it myself." His stomach rumbled a little bit but he waited calmly for the man to see to the other patrons.

He leaned back in his chair in an effort to see who'd entered the lobby. Vanity seemed to be quite preoccupied with another guest and his entourage. "Busy night", he thought sipping the drink slowly. It was free after all, and good, so he wanted to make it last. His eyebrow perked as he heard the footsteps of more people than he'd previously seen enter the Inn. There was a lot more to this place than could be gleaned from anyone he'd met so far. Nikolai ignored his paranoid intuition, not completely, but he was trying to enjoy himself after all.

Aged Gaian

Damon didn't miss a beat.

"Bought an island, fought in a few wars, got married and had another kid."

That was the sum of his accomplishments in the last year, minus all of the juicy details. When he stepped back and thought about it, it didn't seem like he had really done all that much. But the effort that had gone into making all of it a reality took up a large portion of his blood, sweat and tears.

"How have you been fairing?"

Damon glanced around a bit, looking as though he were expecting another familiar face to pop up.

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

She looked at her beverage as Damon spoke to her, smiling- perhaps painfully. Her memories drifted back to much more difficult times, when she had children of her own, before the wars, before the demon attacks and before they were killed or taken. "Children are our legacy, Damon." she said to him, but more as if reminding herself. "You keep those babies close to you." Her golden eyes looked up at him, quietly, still smiling- but the pain had eased away.

"You sound like you've had a lot of success, though. I'm happy to hear it." She'd shrug slightly at his question as her eyes drifted idly through the lobby, back to his nervous men every once in a while. "I've been just fine." she assured him, "It's been slow since the attacks on the bar." She sighed, furrowing her eyebrows. She barely even knew why those men attacked- but she was certain that they were nothing to be worried about anymore. "I've just been... rebuilding." she told him quietly. "I have no island or children to show for the years passed."

She reached foward again, taking the goblet from the table to her lips, letting it sink down. A grimace on her face might suggest it was cooling a bit more than she'd like it to. "But what brings you back here?" she wondered. "Surely, it was not just to catch up with me..." Her golden eyes watched him, quietly as she tilted her goblet to circulate her beverage.

Xerowingz

Aged Gaian

Damon could sense a deeper sense of something in Vanity's words. "They are my life and my reason for continuing to live, and both of them are going to make me proud. My daughter already does." For a moment he beamed at the thought of the both becoming exceptional psions with successful lives.

Then the conversation turned towards the attacks on the bar, those strange groups of men and the rebuilding of the mansion. Damon decided he would tell Vanity about Daimonas. "I defeated him, you know. Daimonas. He's gone forever. He tried to destroy my family and my world, and he was brought down by his own arrogance. That's one thing you'll not have to worry about."

Many lives and possessions and homes had been lost to defeat him, but the people overcame and rebuilt. And never again would they need to worry about such a thing happening again.

After mentioning this, Damon looked around a bit more.

"You have your mansion and Katherine."

Damon wasn't entirely sure he wanted to get onto that topic, so he smoothly moved on. "I heard through the grapevine that there was some stirring around here. You're not as isolated from the outside world as you'd think. I decided to come here and see what was going on."

Vanity Varcainen
User Image

╔══════════════╗
✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘
John Frost
The God Eater
--------------------------------------
I will serve you the Liquor of the Gods.

✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘
╚══════════════╝

He watched the conversation that was occurring between the woman and her guest, the man with the two guards. He noticed how the seemed to be so nervous, their military paranoia was affecting their posture. He gave a small laughed, followed by a smile. He decided to look down so that he would look at the man in the wheelchair. He saw the man enjoy the drink he gave him, this made him curved once more in sign of appreciation. His voice was a bit more friendly than usual, not much but a slight raise could be noticed. "Thank you Sir. I created the drink in less than five minutes so I'm glad you enjoy it." He ended his speech with a friendly smile to the man.

He looked back the conversation and decided to leave it there. He was ready to leave so that the man's meal would be done when he heard the comment. He laughed a bit and decided to reply. "Nothing I haven't seen before Sir. Now I have a feeling that the meal you want is a nice steak with a glass of Chateau Margaux 1787, one of the best bottles this house has to offer. The meal is already being done, wait a few more minutes if you may Sir." He curved once more and gave a step back, speaking again. "I will get your meal when it's done, excuse me Sir." He turned around and walked to the kitchen calmly. He opened the doors and walked inside, The doors close behind him and he went right to work. He was a skilled cook, so the meal was done even faster. He had to admit that he used a bit of his power, a tiny tiny percentage so that the steak would get cooked faster. He prepared everything and placed everything in order in a large tray. He opened one door and exited the kitchen with the large tray in his right hand. He placed the plates in a table near the man in the wheelchair and curved when he was done. "Here it is Sir. I hope you enjoy it." He opened the bottle of wine that was already with him and filled the glass up to half with wine and left the bottle near the man. He then walked a step back and stood there, in case he was needed again.

OutOfCocktail:Good night.
Company:Man in the wheelchair

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

Vanity smiled sweetly as he mentioned his children. She knew the pride and knew it very well. Serena was a highly skilled and sought-after assassin that she raised and Valeria was just as much of a beauty as her mother was. "That's good- children are the strongest driving forces we could hope for."

"Thank you." she said, once hearing of his triumphs. "That was a mighty battle you won against him, I'm sure." Vanity cleared her throat as he continued on- but it was visible on her face that it stung when he mention Katherine. "I have my mansion." she said softly, even after he spoke again. "...but you're right." she added. "The place is stirring and- voids will eventually be filled." She forced herself to smile as she stood up slowly, smoothing down her skin-tight pants and pulling her jacket around her hour-glass body by the lapels. "I'll get through." she insisted. "I always do..."

Xerowingz

Aged Gaian

It wasn't hard for Damon to catch on. Up until this point he had figured it best to avoid the topic of Katherine, for his own selfish sake. The last he had heard of her she had decided to become a vampire - something that he was adamantly against. They hadn't spoken sense.

"Is she dead?"

That seemed the most likely, if not the most harsh explanation. Damon had never beat around the bush and was very forward and frank.

Vanity Varcainen

((Sorry, I'm really tired. Might have one or two more in me. ))
User Image
Nikolai Crowe

Nikolai wasn't surprised. This bartender's natural talents for serving drinks surely catered to his intuition with his customers. The smell wafted in from the kitchen and his mouth watered at the thought of a nice juicy steak, "That'd be perfect, actually." The bartender couldn't know everything about him, but an extremely expensive wine suited his palate nicely enough. As the man stepped away, Nikolai casually eavesdropped on the conversation in the other room. He studied the men who were standing nervously about. They seemed like soldiers, like himself, but he could tell they were nervous. Not to mention they'd been standing guard over Vanity's guest the entire time. Were they scared of her? The Inn?

Nikolai's thoughts were interrupted as the bartender returned with his meal. He turned towards the table, leaving the used glass behind at the bar, and pulled up to the table. As the man began to step away, he quickly spoke up "This looks amazing!" Nikolai leaned in his chair, retrieving his wallet."So, what do I owe ya?"

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

She shrugged at Damon's question, shaking her head. "I honestly don't know- but I assume she is." Vanity glanced up to the bar quietly, distracted for a moment by the man in the wheel chair. Her curiosities about his hows and whys were a welcome distraction for her current thoughts. She finished the rest of the synthetic blood in her goblet before placing the empty goblet back on the coffee table. It was a very poor substitute.

((understandable. c: ))

Xerowingz

Aged Gaian

Damon sat quietly for a moment.

"That is unfortunate. I'm sorry."

He thought that he might feel something more about this turn of events, but he was married and had children and had left all of this behind. The longer the dwelt on it, the more he realized the only thing he felt was guilt for not feeling anything at all.

"Listen. If you need anything; help, soldiers, you have only to ask. I have a wealth of resources and I owe you one for taking me in at a bad time in my life." Damon stood up and adjusted his clothes. His soldiers immediately stood at attention. "You can always reach me at this number." He'd pull a small business card out of his pocket and put it on the table. "Take care of yourself, and if you here anything about her - throw me a bone."

And like that, Damon turned and made his way to the exit of the mansion. Much to the relief of his security detail.

(( That was fun. Now I shall.. go into lurk mode. ))

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

Vanity nodded, grateful for the offer but certain she'd never have to take him up on it. "I'll let you know if she does show up." Vanity assured him quietly, watching him leave. Once Damon was out of the Inn, she picked up the card and placed it into her pocket. She sighed softly, brooding for just the moment before she turned on her high heels to approach the bar area. Her body sauntered playfully as she distracted herself with thoughts of men and spirits. Her hips swayed from one side to the other as she set her golden eyes on the man in the wheel chair, approaching from behind as he enjoyed his steak.

Delicate fingers would curl over his strong shoulders as she leaned over his shoulder, with a coy smile on her soft, cool lips. "I hope everything is to your liking." she purred sweetly, her lips barely a few inches from his ear. She could smell the blood flowing through his body, she could hear his heart beating. Vanity swooned over the thought of draining him, especially after such a poor substitute for the substance. She would never bite a patron, not without being asked to of course. Those instances haven't come up in some time. Her hands slid slowly off his shoulders and across the back of his neck- still cold to the touch when it barely brushed his skin, and she'd take a seat at the bar stool beside him. She propped her elbow upon the bar counter and rested her soft, pale cheeks upon her closed fist.

User Image
Nikolai Crowe

Chewing slowly, enjoying the delicious meal that sat mostly devoured in front of him, he felt a touch of cold on his neck. "Of course, your bartender is an excellent cook to boot." Turning to face her as she made her way to the bar across from his table. "Friends of yours?", he inquired casually, referring to her recently departed guests. "You've been a very gracious hostess and I've yet to repay you for any of it. I can still do quite a bit if I'm going to stay here, I don't much like accepting it as charity." He thought to some of the harder times, smiling at her reassuringly, even after his service he didn't like taking handouts. "I'm not ungrateful of course, I'm sure you understand."

Fashionable Vampire

outfit

User Image

She arched a curious eyebrow. Not a single reaction to her advances. Vanity wet her soft lips and sat up, pushing her self to an upright position. "I'm glad to hear that." she told him quietly, glancing across the bottles idly before looking back to Nikolai. "We don't charge," she told him. "There's no amount of money I desire- I literally have all things I need here." She crossed one leg over the other, running her hand along her thigh. "We simply want you to enjoy your stay here...."

Vanity looked him over. Surely he was used to people eyeing his chair, wondering how he got there. Vampires were not immune to this curiosity, not by choice at least. "May I ask you what happened?" she asked softly, "If it's not too much..." she leaned forward, slowly sliding her leather jacket off of her bare shoulders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces