Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Vanity stood at the top of the double staircases, facing the door of the lobby. The fire roared, heating the main room quite effectively, in her own opinion. The vampiress was clad in a tight business dress for the grand opening of her bar. The top, from the bottom of her breasts up was white with a deep v-cut and a collared neck. From the bust down, the dress was made up of a pinstripe fabric with two horizontal rows of buttons down her belly. Her legs were bare tonight, save for the knee-high heels she donned this evening. A bored sigh crossed her soft, cherry lips as she leaned over the banister of the over-look. She had many hopes for this bar but, mostly, she truly wished to attract and living friends or allies of her past. With that, of course, came the danger of attracting old enemies, but she felt more than ready for any enemy that might want to come looking for trouble.

The vampiress stood up straight for a moment to push her thick, raven locks out of her pretty face as her golden eyes scanned the empty floor below her. Everything was in it's perfect place. Not a speck of dirt or dust laid on any object inside the inn, for the time-being at least. She leaned back over banister, resting on her fore-arms as she waited. Would this be a success?

She had to admit this felt a little futile. There was much doubt in her head as to whether the place would pick up business at all. Pessimism set in early. She hopped she would get a few familiar faces but she doubted any old friends would find this place by chance. It wasn't as if she sent them personal invitations and even if she made some up, she wouldn't have the slightest idea of where to send them. No, her friends had disbanded. There were no more allies on her side but there was a strange solace she took with that thought. It was a new start, a chance to start fresh and avoid the mistakes she so easily made in the past.

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

She had sat for sometime on the banister, contemplating herself, the things that went on here and in her life. She inhaled sharply as if to ease the sting of loneliness, which is only amplified by the deafening silence that surrounds her. It can't be good for anyone, supernatural or not, to sit alone like this. It's what turned many in the crazed lunatics and sociopaths. That didn't seem to bother her, even be on her mind for the moment. The vampiress pushed her dark locks away from her shoulders, letting them cascade flawless down her slender back. She'd slowly descend down the right staircase, her heeled boots clicking against the floors in pace that suggested she had no where to go- and no desire to get there quickly. Her fingers trailed down the banister gently as she watched the fire dance in the fireplace at the center of the main lobby area, it was warm in here, but it didn't help ease any of the sad, emptiness she felt without someone to talk to- even if it were just a simple "What's your poison?"

At the bottom of the staircase, Vanity paused, reaching into her back pocket idly. She pulled a black pack of cigarettes out and fondled it, looking it over. As she flipped the top back, the smell of cloves rushed her nostrils. She inhaled deeply and exhaled with a smile. The pack was not full, and had room for a lighter inside. She glanced up again and took her time as she approached the front doors to the mansion. Vanity pushed them open without effort and stepped in to the crisp night. It was still winter here. Snow blanketed the ground and was almost untouched, other than a few animal tracks from the surrounding wildlife. Without many visitors coming and going from the Inn, they tend to get brave and approach the building.

At the moment there was a small group of does and younger bucks grazing just a hundred feet or so from the bottom of the stairs. She pulled a single, black cigarette out from the pack and let it rest between her soft, cherry lips and took the lighter out as well. Her thumb sparked the flint and ignited a flame. Vanity brought the fire to the tip of her cigarette, burning it and inhaling simultaneously before placing the lighter back in the pack and her pack into her back pocket again. The blue smoke of the cigarette disappeared into the black of the night as she idly puffed away from it and watched the red clay road laid out in front of the Inn, as if she expected headlights from a vehicle, any vehicle to illuminate the road on the driver's way to her home. She smiled at herself, at her girlish foolishness and shook her head as she exhaled the smoke from her nostrils.

Vicious Hunter

The night was cold. His hands had gone numb some time ago despite the heavy gloves he was wearing. Being on horseback moving at full gallop wasn't helping him any though he was surprised the beast he rode didn't give off more heat. It wasn't long before they came upon the manor, the beast coming to a stop near the front of the building. Adenn looked down at his mount and shook his head.

"I take it this means you want me off?"

All he got in reply was a snort from the beast, flames shooting out with the breath. Adenn shook his head and dismounted, stretching and trying to get some feeling back into his limbs. The horse seemed to grow momentarily, snorting more fire before running off into the night, a trail of flaming hoof prints the only thing to mark it's passing. Adenn shook his head.

"Better not leave me stuck here Ruin.."

Adenn was a large man, standing over six and a half feet tall with the bulk on his body to match. He slipped the heavy gloves from his hands, shoving them in a pocket of his heavy coat and ran one of his large hands through shoulder length dark hair. He turned back to the building, Seeing the woman who stood there. The old hunter offered her a slight nod as he stood before Vanity, his light blue eyes studying her like he would any other. Only he already knew the woman before him was a member of a race he had hunted and killed for centuries.

"It's been awhile Vanity.."

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

The taste of the clove cigarettes lingered on her tongue. She missed the taste, but it was a bitter-sweet memory. It represented a lot of demons in her past, but she smoked them because she couldn't let go. It was her way of recognizing her inability to forgive and forget the past. If there was one thing Vanity was good at, it was holding an ugly grudge. Her golden eyes watched the darkness, but there was a sound in the distance.

Hooves. They beat against the pavement in a rhythm that made it obvious that the beast was galloping. A hopeful thought made her wonder if Vassago was still around these woods, but it turned out to be an even happier surprise. A man approached atop the stallion. A familiar man and her soft cherry lips pulled into a smile at the edges as she flicked the cigarette into the snow and it sizzled softly.

Vanity crossed her arms beneath her breast, tilting her pretty head to the side as he approached, nodding at him graciously in return. "It's been a very long while..." she mused softly, happy for any company at all. "Everyone's gone from here now." she added softly. Her breath fogged in the cold air. "I bet you'd like a drink." she purred softly, leaning slightly in. Being alone for so long can make a woman act a little... off at times.

Vicious Hunter

He offered a slight smile to the woman before him and nodded.

"I could definitely use a drink."

He looked about the place, letting out a sigh as the smile slipped from his lips.

"I find the longer it takes me to die, the more people I leave behind."

He shakes his head and the smile returns and motions for her to enter the building.

"Enough of that.. How about we go inside for that drink.."

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

She smiled at his acceptance, pushing a few loose strands of ebony hair from her face, so pale that it might have even had a faint blue tint to it. Her golden eyes watched him as he sighed, watching any jovial expression from his face sigh, and her lips returned to neutral. Her eyes worried.

She wet her soft lips, nodding softly at his statement. It brought back a lot memories. A lot of people she missed, a lot of people she'll never see again. She she have been more of a coward, she could have killed herself a long time ago- but she believed in getting over her past- trying to at least. It's never been a strong suit of hers.

Vanity nodded, as if snapping back into the here and now. The vampiress turned on her heels and opened the door, holding it as she waited for him to follow her inside. Vanity would lead him towards the bar area. Her hips swayed from one side to the other in a slow rhythm, glancing over her shoulder at him with a coy smile once in a while.

Vanity sauntered behind the bar and leaned over the counter, watching him. "What'll be your poison?" she cooed softly.

Vicious Hunter

The mountain of a man followed the Vampiress through a building he remembered well. His eyes only moved over her figure briefly before he caught himself and returned them to his surroundings. He had been alone too long. Couldn't really remember when he had last been around people that weren't either trying to kill him, capture him or run from him. He turned his attention from his darker thoughts, focusing instead on the large assortment of alcohol the raven haired beauty had to offer. Licking his own lips he could only offer a shrug.

"Surprise me.. Something strong though."

He sat at the bar in front of her, removing the heavy coat he had been wearing and setting it over his chair.

"I could use something to warm me up.."

((Edit))

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

There are lots of different ways to warm up Vanity thought silently to herself. She smiled at him from across the bar. Amused by him- even though she'd easily by amused by anyone at the moment. Regardless, she was glad it was a familiar face. The vampiress sighed softly, not in sadness- perhaps she was swooning. "The customer gets what the customer wants." She said before turning around to browse her bar, as if she hadn't seen it before herself. Of course she had, she knew it like the back of her hand.

The vampiress grabbed a few different bottles from top shelves and poured them into a tall glass, along with some ice. She wasn't fancy, just fast. She'd glance up at her visitor a few times before she wrapped her delicate fingers around the glass and slowly slid it towards him. "Careful with that." she warned sweetly. She leaned her forearms on the bar in front of her and leaned over them comfortably. "So where have you been?" she mused, striking up conversation.

Dapper Genius

User Image
                                User Image
                                Drake Lionheart: Muse Of The Wolves

User Image

The cards will fall where they will....

Drake rode through Scranton on the back of his Kawasaki Ninja ZX-R10. It was a deep midnight purple with black decals. Darting past the Steamtown mall, going back up towards the forest Scranton was housed in after jumping the guard rail on the side of I-81. When he breathed out the night air, a flavorful smoke trailed behind him from the hookah bar "Exhale" he had been spending time in until they closed. With eyes more sensitives than the "average" mans, a new light in the dark caught his fancy. Coming upon the grand inn, Drake would park in the trees, eyes scanning the area for danger.

Standing tall, he unzipped his leather jacket, showing his baby blue v neck before brushing off the dark jeans and boots he wore. Moving forward silently, the big man at 6 foot 4 made his way up the steps to the double doors where he sniffed the air, tasting the fragrances left over from previous patrons. Interesting mix, certainly not human. Opening the door, Drake's steps echoed slightly as he peered through the archways.

"Hello...?"

Post format made by Viice
                                      [L]ocation: The woods
                                      [M]ood: Interested // tatus: Unharmed // [O]utfit: Full
                                      [C]urrent Music: Atmosphere - Trying To Find A Balance

--- Doesn't mean you have to pick them back up.

Vicious Hunter

He lifted the glass carefully in his large hands. He brought the mixture to his nose, sniffing it slightly before shrugging and putting back a large gulp. The taste and burn of the the alcohol didn't seem to phase him in the least as he licked is lips and set the glass back down before him.

"I've been doing the same as always. Moving, fighting, killing.. It never ends. There's always some beast or demon that begins to prey on innocents.."

He offers a slight smile.

"I have actually found it funny that your kind have been more or less quiet. Most of those who still feed on humans either leave them alive or keep their hunting to pieces of s**t that no one minds having disappear."

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

Vanity's golden eyes watched him carefully as he drank, noticing the liquid slide down his throat. She swallowed herself, idly, of course. She seemed slightly distraced as her advanced hearing seemed to pick up another patron. Could she be so lucky to have two people to entertain. Let's not get excited she told herself. Her eyes looked back into her company's and she smiled at his second statement. "I can't remember the last time I fed off something a live." she mentioned quietly, sincerely trying to remember the last time her fangs had punctured a warm neck or wrist, but nothing sparked her memory.

She ran her tongue along her cherry lips and sighed, defeated, but her eyes darted up again soon at the sound of another voice. Surely, he'd hear the voices in the bar, right? Glancing back to Adenn, she'd smirk impishly. "It's hopping in here tonight." she mused quietly to him before turning her attention back to the archways of the bar, leading out into the lobby.

"We're in here!" she yelled out to the stranger, arching her eyebrows in a childish excitement at Adenn.

Vicious Hunter

He smiled slightly, glad to hear that information.

"There are a few places around where a coven has made a deal with local prisons so they feed on the death row inmates. A few even allow feedings on some of the other inmates as well."

He offers Vanity a broad smile at her reaction to the man he heard enter. He didn't bother turning about to look at the man, assuming he would end up joining them at the bar. Of course most men would find it hard to not want to be in the presence of the pale beauty working the bar.

"What about you? What have you been up to lately? Seems like you've been lacking in contact with others.."

Fashionable Vampire

User Image

"Hmmm," mused the intrigued vampires.Feeding on inmates? What a great idea. A guilt-free way to feed- not that killing a human ever made her feel guilty. She wasn't a human- she didn't feel remorse for the deaths she caused. Half of being a vampire was being a murderer, in one way or another. Turning Katherine was even easy for her, and she protected that girl with her life. The smile on her kissable lips wavered a moment, as she remembered the day she found Katherine gone from the small cellar Vanity housed the girl in while she was getting used to her new urges and senses. She was probably ash by dawn that next day.

Her pretty face perked slightly as he inquired about her and she shrugged her slender shoulders rather modestly. "Lately I've been restoring the Inn, preparing it for another, what I hope will be, a grand opening." she laughed at herself, finding her own words to be naive, she had little faith but Adenn being her did shed a glimmer of hope on the situation. A good man- an old friend who had been loyal. "I traveled a while after Katherine disappeared, and I suppose I let the place go, but I'd say it looks exactly the same as it used to around here, no?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces