Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Knight

Shiro-Jin plopped down the steps in his silken pajama pants, yawning and wiping the drowsiness out of his eyes. He had been awake all night again, meticulously planning out layouts for a reconstruction of the Vermilion he loved so dearly. It wasn't that he wanted newcomers so much as he wanted to see the familiar faces that he'd come to know so well over the years. Modernizing this place is exactly what everyone needs... Especially me. But should I do light colours? Keep it rustic? Oh, I just don't know... He thought to himself, lazily shuffling his way behind the bar and into the kitchen. The weathered young man was completely unaware that anyone was in the bar besides himself; after all, it had been months since anyone but him had wandered around here. All he could think about, outside of planning a massive remodel, was that he wanted some good old-fashioned comfort food! He just wasn't sure what, yet. Maybe I should start with the kitchen and work my way out...

Out of Control: That's basically the same for me. I wanna move but the location is too good to throw away... I'd rather move somewhere else in my neighborhood but rent on other flats starts at like... 1,200 or 1,500... And that's just a tad out of my price range. By about a thousand bucks. ¬__¬" I do want to move though... I need a bigger place, to be honest. One tiny closet for storage just isn't cutting it anymore!
Also, yay! I made a shitty post! I realized that I've been doing these [lovely 3D model] things and have never done one of Vermilion. What a perfect time to do one! It'll change everything about what VV looks like though, because i'm limited to using what items they have on the site (luckily they have millions though). Right now i'm working on Deo's house. :3
Akairo sauntered into the shop slowly, just as he did any other time he returned to his home of sorts. He had been gone for some time and was wondering how everything was going, and the answer was rather obvious as he walked in, his hand sliding against wall slowly. "There is dust.... everywhere." He said quietly, a look of distaste crossing his face. He shook his head lightly, as he wiped the dust from his pants on to his somewhat tight fitting jeans, seeing as that was all of the clothing he had on his slender body. Once he reached the main bar, he looked around slowly, seeing some signs of life having been here as of late. "So there is some hope yet...." He said with a soft sigh. His first reaction was to slide over the bar and head into the back kitchen, where he always seemed to run into someone.

Ooc: It sucks... lol I work 16 hours a day, 5 days a week. But its what I gots to do to be able to afford living near DC -_-

Demonic Knight

Black feline ears pointed to attention at the slightest of sounds. Shiro suddenly could feel a presence as he was peering into the refrigerator to see 'what looked good'. Somewhat startled by the feeling, he peeked past the fridge door and was greeted by the familiar face of his kin! "Oh wow, hey there!" The young man said with a delighted voice before rubbing his tired eyes. He kind of looked like he'd been punched in the face with the darkness that had taken up residence on his lower lids, but it was all out of love. Shiro-Jin loved his bar more than enough to lose sleep for the sake of meticulousness. Everything needed to be just right.

Overlord of Chaos: Oh yeah, I can imagine... A desk job is exactly what I need! A set schedule, no one micro-managing me, and... Quiet. <3 I would LOVE a quiet work environment (and to make more than minimum wage LOL)! I would be set from there.
Akairo-Gin Havok
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
αкαїяо-פїи нαvок

A very tired, worn down, distraught man walks into the front doors of the bar, his feet shuffling across the floor as he 'stepped'. A long time had passed since he had been in this establishment once again, and he knew it would always be here, waiting for him in his time of need. "Good old trusty vermillion..." He said quietly, almost choking it out due to his dehydration. He walked slowly through the entrance toward his safe spot on the bar, his shoulder against the wall the whole way, supporting him. "Almost.... there..." He said weakly. His vision blurred and his eyes fell shut as he saw the ground getting closer.

Demonic Knight

User Image

αиεƨτʜετוϲ

A young man of human origin, bearing a very striking resemblance to one nekojin bar owner, strode confidently into Vermilion. He wore something of a rather 'fancy' business suit with a matching tie with a complicated knot around his neck. Damn, this place is like a barren wasteland... The young man thought to himself as green eyes scanned the barfloor, finally resting on a heap of another young man. "Oh dear. I hope he's not drunk..." He said aloud with an undertone of contempt. But nevertheless this was another living being, and ever since he'd made it to this town, the emerald-haired stranger had yet to see an actual person anywhere. So, he did what any rational and sane person would do: He approached the other and gently tapped his shoulder.

"Alive in there?" He asked, his strange accent immediately giving away that he clearly was not from around this area at all. Upon taking a better look, he saw that this person he had approached wasn't at all drunk, but apparently exhausted. "Damn man, you look rough! The hell happened to you?"
Shiro-Jin

Akairo-Gin Havok
αкαїяо-פїи нαvок

Akairo grumbled and turned over, looking up, his eyes hazy from finally getting sleep. "nii-san..." He said quietly, struggling to stay awake. "I said I would come back this time..." His head hit the floor with a perculularly loud thump, which shook him awake, and he rolled backwards, into a crouching pose, a knife in his hand as his crystal blue and crimson eyes stared the stranger down. After a moment he shook off the dillusion and stuffed the knife back into his boot strap, standing up and tugging his ear. .....I apologize for the startle..." He said a slight blush across his cheeks. "Im not used to anyone being here but nii-san."

Big Cat

10,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
And so it was that Fujiwara found himself once again at the Vermillion. How long had it been now, two years? He had disappeared without a trace, without even a good bye to anyone. His memory was spotty, he couldn't even remember why he had left in the first place, but it was of no matter, he was back now. he was back to the first place he could call home in many, many years. Except... except it looked barren, from the outside at least. What weather had they experienced he wondered, he had replaced the shingles on the roof three or four years ago and many had slide away, the dry air had cracked and dulled the paint in several area's.

Suddenly he found himself worrying for his friends, especially the owner who had health problems as it was. The seven foot cat-man closed his eyes for a moment before giving a sigh and pushing his way into the main entrance. He looked around, noting Akairo on the ground, a green-haired man helping him up, and about an inch or two of dust on every surface. It still had it's familiar smells though, which brought a smile to his face, before it was wiped away with Akairo. He felt bad, having caught up in his old memories rather than offering help to an old acquaintance. He approached the pair with a concerned look on his face.

"Akairo, what happened to you?" Akairo was one of those calm quiet types who tended to get himself into trouble more than not it seemed, so he wasn't entirely surprised. He turned to the man with the green hair, he looked familiar, but Fuji couldn't place him. Still he seemed to be trying to help Akairo. "He should probably lay down, help me move him to the couch?"
Fujiwara of The Wind

Akairo-Gin Havok
αкαїяо-פїи нαvок

Akairo smiled at the familiar face of fuji, trying to straighten himself up a bit before giving a curt nod. "Im just a bit tired, I hadnt slept for near a week, onto of doing nothing but bounties for gods know how long." He hopped onto the bartop in his familier little cove, scratches on the bar surface from many years of wear and tear from his belts and such. "I needed somplace familiar to come back too and this is the place that always seems to be first on my mind when I think of anything resemb,ling a home. Family, comfort and a place I know ill be able to return too. Akiro leaned a bit, reaching under the bar for a bottle, not caring what it was, before holding it up, offering to both gentleman in the bar. "Can I help you with anything? I do believe im still marked as a bartender here." He said knowing how nii-san was with paper work, never quiet worrying about it unless it was needed for him.

Demonic Knight

User Image

αиεƨτʜετוϲ

"Wow, man, you should probably take it easy... Tch, and I thought I was rough on myself. I've got nothin' on you." He watched a second young man enter the bar, which instantly made him feel more at-ease. This emerald-haired gent was used to frequenting crowded bars and clubs, so it came as a shock to be seeing so much... Emptiness. As far as he was concerned, the more people that came into this huge place, the better. He watched the exchange between the two, taking note of the one name he'd heard. "Wait... Did you think that I was your brother? O-oh... I, uhh... Man, I am such a d**k." He shook his head in a somewhat vain attempt to straighten himself out and regain the composure he'd lost somewhere along the line. "You're Akairo... I haven't introduced myself, I'm Anesthetic." His gaze shifted to the only 'officially' unnamed person in the room, "And you are?" Where Anesthetic comes from, persons there only have one name, so things would probably get confusing for him once introductions were out of the way.

In the pause and lull of conversation, Anesthetic took those moments to peer around himself better. Things did seem... Unkept. As if someone had given up on keeping things tidy. Makes sense... He thought, Place is too damn big for such a small staff to be worrying about. It's no wonder it would fall into disarray. But still... Anesthetic noticed the attention to detail that the builder had put into this place. Water-tight water feature behind the bar, a very clever sort of double-entendre. An indoor plant wall, a wonderfully crafted fireplace... Not the furniture I would've chosen... But it's not bad... I wonder if I could get the owner of this place under contract? Hmm... Anesthetic already had business in his mind, even though he'd just gotten off of work and was supposed to be meeting someone here. "I'm kinda thinking I might've gotten lost, this doesn't seem like a place Anodyne would go."

OoC: Dang sorry y'all! I've not been making much use of my laptop lately, and when I do get online I've been working on some different stuff and forgetting about Gaia. Anesthetic is who i'm working on right now, him and ... Probably a good dozen characters from his world.
A project that I might actually follow through on?! It's the apocalypse.

Big Cat

10,825 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
As Anesthetic asked his name Fuji's eyes, which usually changed color depending on his mood with bright vivid colors, were instead a milky white, and they looked as if he was lost in a haze. He shook out of it as he was being spoke too, his eyes a worried deep pink before they changed to a calm blue in a flash. "What's that? Oh, i'm sorry, people call me Nagasaki." He paused a moment after that... why had he said that? Nagasaki was a name he used hundred of years ago. "Err... people call me Fuji." he corrected himself quickly before looking back to Akairo. "Rest friend, I am still a jack of all trades around here, I can serve us some drinks." Actually he didnt really have a job title, that he could remember anyway, he just did stuff as if he was. Shiro never seemed to care.

"If were having more guests though, I suppose I could clean up this place a bit." He said registering Anesthetic's comment about meeting someone. "If we have time I can make a bit to eat for you as well. I am quite the cook. How about it Akairo, up for a snack?"

OOC: No worries Shiro, work on that project! Finish that project! Good luck on said project Also, how much do you need for that watch item you are questing for?

Demonic Knight

User Image

αиεƨτʜετוϲ

"Fu...ji." Anesthetic enunciated. It worked out well. These were names that Anesthetic was unfamiliar with and had never heard before, Akairo and Fuji. They had a simplicity about them that was refreshing, unlike his friends' names. Names like Remifentanil and Diphenhydramine were what he was used to, which are clearly tedious to say and spell. "Akairo and Fuji..." Anesthetic enunciated once more. He would have to remember these. "It seems like this... Isn't much of a well-run business... There's clearly no dedicated staff. Things have fallen into disrepair... Are you guys sure we're even allowed in here? Like... Is it actually even open?" The young buisinessman prodded skeptically. He was wary of places like this in his hometown, as this type of place was one where you'd be robbed blind if you weren't paying attention. He checked to make sure his wallet was still in his pocket, and wondered if his car was still outside. Speaking of cars, "There... Wouldn't, by chance, be somewhere near here where I can charge my car, is there? I have an EV and... The batteries are getting a bit low."

When Anesthetic thought about it more, it made sense to him suddenly. "Scratch that, I don't think we'll be expecting anyone else... At least not for me. Anodyne's been ditching and standing me up a lot lately, and I have a feeling he wanted me to come clear out here knowing I wouldn't have enough battery to get back home. I'm thinking he did this on purpose..." He explained, a clearly hurt expression crossing his features. Sighing, he plopped down on a red sofa in defeat, "I definitely can't believe this. Of all the things..."

OoC: I'm scriptwriting/storyboarding and character designing now. I'm somewhere roundabout halfway through the story itself, and have maybe... Half of the characters designed. One of them I will most likely change though, just because i'm not sure I want the nerdy-guy-gets-hot-girl cliche. Maybe. The synopsis thus far is something like...

Anesthetic has everything he could ever want: His dream car, dream job, dream house, and the best friend a guy could ask for. But yet, he still finds himself unhappy. Will he find what's missing and end his melancholy? Will he be able to maintain his dream life?

...I'm not that good at synopsis-writing. As for the item... No idea, I can probably buy it right now. I haven't checked what it's value is lately... >_>;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff