Welcome to Gaia! ::

Baba took a moment to pick the tough bits from his teeth, only to try to eat them again. There was nothing worth wasting, nothing he could really afford to spare. He didn't eat with any particular hurry, and with his anatomy - especially the fluffy coat of feathers - it was hard to tell if he was skinny or not, but he certainly wasn't picky, and any help was appreciated. He looked up when he heard Nekal speak again, pleased that the giant of a.... not-man-not-creature was so agreeable. He was confused by what Nekal said though, and only further perplexed by that strange voice. As if hearing it for the first time, he looked about for the source, but in the end was much more interested in food than some confusing conversation with a mysterious imaginary man.

He looked up from his search again when Nekal sighed, a twig held up to his mouth to be tested for edibility. One never knew when they might come across an edible twig after all. There were all sorts of edible things. He watched in wide eyed wonder as the cat-man seemed to take flight just like that! A vague smile came to Baba's features as he watched what was to him a nearly unbelievable display of ... well.. prowess essentially. In response to Nekal's question, he simply called back, "I eat green things." He looked up though, waiting to see what green things his new friend had found for him and his face split wide in an enormously toothy grin at the small cloud of leaves that began raining slowly down toward him. He hummed a strange sort of sound from deep in his chest so low pitched it was somehow quiet and loud enough to carry at the same time. As the leaves drifted within reach he started deftly plucking them from the air one at a time and stuffing them in his mouth without bothering to even really look at them or consider their condition. When the leaves finally started numbering more than he could catch and eat one at a time, he started taking them in twos and threes, and when he couldn't keep up with that, he started gathering them in a pile near his feet, though he kept one fist full at all times for munching along the way. Multitasking was an important skill. Displaying a level of attention and focus that was maybe surprising considering his apparent simple-mindedness , he was able to track down and collect each and every leaf sent his way except, perhaps, if it was carried away on a breeze. Gathering them together in a neat little pile, he flopped down gracelessly, crushing his tail under him and accounting for its scraggly appearance, and proceeded to devour every scrap.

ooc: Hey it's fine! I could have swore I checked multiple times in the past like, 12 hours and never saw your post! D=
But I'm glad you are doing better 3nodding Being sick is miserable!
Fujiwara-Sai_V2

(( ninja *sets cookie trap* .... *and tea and pink lemonade and pie and cake* ninja ))

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
OOC: Those moments when you are all happy and are about to internet when you're internet says "OH NO" and then doesnt work. For days. Because Comcast's bill never came in the mail, and I spaced out on it in general. -_-;; Ooooh~ Cookies!

BIC:
"I am glad this pleases you." Nekal said humbly after settling to the forest floor. "I must be off for awhile, not far from here, in the direction of the setting sun, there is a large building where me and many others, from time to time, live. If you are hungry, we have more green things there, and will be happy to feed you." He stretched then and nodded to the creature. "It was a pleasure Baba." He didnt wait for a response, he simply turned and vanished through the tree's. He was not a patient demon, and while over all good, he was restless. he wanted some kind of action.

Calm down. It always finds us. Something, that is, just relax. Came Fuji's soft voice from everywhere. Get your energy out and head back, I would relieve Nagato of her duties soon, efore she scares away any potential guests. Nekal simply nodded and began loping through the tree's at a quicker pace. It wasn't before too long that the sun was beginning to rise, and Fujiwara was sauntering through the doors of the Vermillion once again.
ooc: Oh no! I was beginning to wonder what happened. Glad it's nothing bad, just inconvenient.

bic: Baba Deghe looked up from his 'feast,' one large, gangly, clawed pseudo-hand frozen along its path to his mouth. He stared at Nekal wide eyed, and seemed to be listening intently to what the demon was saying. The utter lack of any sort of reaction suggested he hadn't really understood much of what had bee said however. Finally, after a moment or two longer, after sorting it all out in his head, he smiled brightly. "Okay." he said simply, but frowned as the man-cat-creature-thing walked away. He didn't like very much to be alone... but at least he had snacks now! He happily returned to munching and thought nothing more of his encounter and benefactor.

--------------

Back at the Vermillion, Fuji would return to find a certain young woman not in the habit of making appearances during the day let alone the morning, sound asleep by the fire, huddled with her face hidden by the back of the couch and an arm that draped over it as if to block out the light. The time of her arrival was not all that lent to the unusual nature of her visit however. Normally very modest in her high collared, long sleeved, floor length finery, she now wore something clearly designed to catch the eye. Even curled on the couch as she was, the cap sleeve, low-backed black dress clung to her in a way that displayed subtle curves without disgracing her before the material flowed smoothly down slender legs half tucked beneath it in an attempt to keep warm. It was embroidered along the hem in an elegant pattern of climbing roses and littering the fabric were dozens of tiny stones - clear quarts or zircon perhaps, surely not true diamonds - that made her seem almost to be clothed not with a dress but rather a clear night sky. To match was a simple silver necklace that hugged her neckline, adorned with a discrete, stylized sort of sun pendant, and that left a thin chain dangling from the clasp in the back. Of course he would have to get closer to see that but when up and about it made a nice accent piece. Her long black hair had clearly been done up at one point, but now lay carelessly pooled around her.

[SMALL EDIT]

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
What surprised him the most was that he didnt smell her. What surprised her the least was that she was there at all. He had just said trouble liked to find him, and there was a woman, laying on the couch, randomly. He looked around but could not find Nagato anywhere in sight, perhaps she had vanished as she was known to do so often, fickle little shadow she was. He sighed, and cracked his neck, thinking about clapping or shouting to awaken the woman, but found that she might not appreciate that. He did not know if she was the trouble who was surely to come to him, or someone who the trouble was following after all.

He shook his head and sighed again before slowly making his way over to the prone woman. "Miss?" he whispered quietly at first, before raising his voice a small bit. "Miss?"
((Well, I tried two or three times to post last night on my phone from work but to no avail. Lo siento.))

Havala didn't respond at first, but when he raised his voice a bit she opened her eyes and looked up at him as if she had simply been laying quietly and not sleeping at all. Though her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him, she just stared up at him as if what her eyes were seeing wasn't quite making it to her mind. She appeared neither surprised nor confused, but there was no recognition either. Her heart raced and a faint buzzing filled her ears but her affect was all but completely flat, her face calm, expressionless. She seemed to be waiting for something but when it never came she finally showed some sign of life. Heart finally beginning to slow, she took a deep breath, and then frowned slightly. Though her sense of smell was acute enough, scent wasn't something she typically paid a great deal of attention to, but here she was surprised to find a somehow familiar scent connected with a very unfamiliar, rather more intimidating face.

"Fuji?" she asked quietly, but she didn't seem to have any real faith in her own guess. This ... man, was alarmingly built, just like her teacher and friend... or perhaps more so, but this wasn't him, was he? This wasn't Fuji... No. How could he be? So why did she think he was? She was confused, her mind still fuzzy with sleep. That must be it. She sat up, her hair a disordered mess clinging to the side of her face and neck. She pulled it away impatiently and bound it up carelessly as she looked at her surroundings. She was so confused... was she really here? Was this a dream? Was she sure she knew where 'here' was? And who was this... gentleman? She wondered as she turned back to look at him again only briefly before looking down.

She felt like she should say or do something but she wasn't sure what.She raised a hand to her face as if to hide herself, as if it would somehow stop the throbbing headache that was trying very hard to distract her. "My lord, how can I serve you?" She asked, somehow making the words seem as usual a part of conversation as 'Good morning, how are you?' He had, after all, come to her and woken her up... maybe he meant her to leave. The thought prompted her to get up and brush herself off before curtsying as usual. "Forgive me, I'm such a mess," she mumbled as she stared down at her bare feet... what happened to her shoes? Never mind, she'd worry about that later.

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Ah, he hadn't recognized her at first, but there she was. "Havala?" He frowned, his eyes alight with curiosity. Hadnt she left only a handful of hours ago? What was she doing here? He scratched the back of his head before asking just that. "Havala, you left for your school not long ago, did something happen?" He bent into a kneeling position to see her better, to see if she had anymore bruises and she had the last time she had appeared. He had many questions, she seemed out of sorts, and why was she referring to him as lord again? "You're not hurt are you?" his face showed his confusion, his eyes showing his worry.
Finally Havala seemed to catch up with things and she smiled a little as he came down to her level. She appeared a little ruffled up, but that might be attributed to her nap on the couch, otherwise there were no readily apparent injuries of any kind. "I had a... an... engagement with one of the school's benefactors," she spoke slowly, still sleepy but also choosing her words carefully as she always did when discussing the 'school' all the same. "We sometimes work for them to account for room and board," she explained a little distractedly as she brushed a stray bit of hair back behind her ear and looked down at herself. The fact that she claimed to be in some fancy school, wore a crystal studded dress, had silver draped around her neck, and was speaking of affording room and board, and how incongruous that was didn't seem to occur to her at all. Likewise she didn't see the seeming contradiction of the fact that she was perfectly decent by local standards when she suddenly became awash with embarrassment and shame just then. She felt exposed dressed like this in front of her teacher and looked around her on the floor and couch as if expecting to find something, but she had no belongings with her, so she settled for tucking her hands underneath her as she muttered something in her native language.

"Nothing happened," she said quietly, "I am well. Only embarrassed." She stared down at the cushion she sat on, unable to make herself look him in the eye. "I had a bit too much to drink I'm afraid and was late returning," she offered after a moment of quiet. It was a complete lie and it rolled off her tongue as easily as God's own truth, "I couldn't get in so I came here. Please forgive me for coming to your home like this. I didn't mean to bring shame on your house." Well her apology at least was sincere, if not her excuses.

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
It may have come out easily, but Fujiwara had a feeling she was lying. After all, when did she ever lose her composure? He just smiled at her though and took off his jacket, placing it around her shoulders, as she was also obviously unhappy with her appearance. "Well, worry not. This is your home too, after all, we don't charge a thing and have plenty of rooms as I mentioned." he scratched the back of his head. "Well, this is a silly situation is it not?" he laughed and came around to the other side of the couch offering a hand.

"Its late. You should get some rest, and when you wake up, we'll have a nice breakfast. Does that sound good?" Now, of course, he was unsure of where he would put her, as all the rooms had gathered a considerable amount of dust, and needed the sheets changed to keep them fresh. The only other option he had, he hoped she wouldn't be too uncomfortable with.
Havala looked up as Fujiwara used his jacket to cover her, taken by his thoughtfulness in spite of his unrelenting kindness and generosity for others. She smiled at him a little, still a bit embarrassed, but also clearly grateful. Turning to follow him with her eyes as he moved around to the front, she listened closely to what he was saying. Uncertain what to make of it, though, she hesitated to act. After a moment however, she reticently put her hand in his and smiled again as she accepted his help up. Reminded of the first time she'd come around and he'd offered her a room, she recalled the thoughts she'd had then, and once or twice since. He never asked for anything. He never asked or even accepted payment - at least, none that she had seen. Certainly she'd seen him refuse any recognizable form of currency. But especially after all that he had done for her, that didn't mean he didn't have expectations.

Appearing to have regained her composure, her smile became steadier as she nodded once. "I am always grateful for your kindness," she told him, prepared to follow him to wherever and whatever he had in mind for her, though she tried not to think too much about it. She found her mind instead on his hand around hers as he helped her up. She was a little surprised at herself... it felt sort of nice. She could almost pretend he really cared for her. The thought was sort of nice too.

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Smiling as he always seemed to do, he led her through the hall a short distance. He opened the door and flicked on the lights. The room was one of their more grand ones, almost the size of a house in itself. To their right was another door, leading to the bathroom. Beyond that the room opened up. Straight ahead of them was a raised platform with three small couches surrounding a table. the table had some cards on it, strewn about it. Behind the platform, to the right once more, was a King sized bed frame, mattress. several sheets and blankets, and a mound of pillows. He led her in before letting go of her hand.

Without a word he crossed over towards the bed, though stopping and opening a closet door that was hidden from view. He pulled out a think blanket and a pillow before turning back to her. "Sorry for the inconvenience. All the rooms need to be clean, so you can sleep in mine. The bed linens are fresh, so dont worry about that, and if you feel the desire, the bathroom has a bathtub and shower, fully stocked with fresh towels, and the normal toiletries." he smiled and nodded. "Would you like anything? If not, but feel like a drink of tea or something to that effect, i'll be in the bar." He gave a bow before continuing. "Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay."
Havala looked about with open admiration. She knew, of course, that his room would be nice -why shouldn't it be? He ran the place after all- but she was a little surprised by it all the same. Maybe it had more to do with the fact that he'd taken her here though when there was an over abundance of other rooms to use. Just how badly could they need to be cleaned anyway? On the other hand, she thought she shouldn't be so surprised after all. He would want to be comfortable, and what more comfortable place could there be? "It is no inconvenience at all!" she hurried to assure him, turning away from admiring the room to look at him in surprise. "I dare say it is you that is inconvenienced," she told him, fighting the urge to tack some title or other onto the end of her sentences.

Just then she noticed the blanket and pillow in his hand and looked at it, perplexed. Did she dare ask what that was for? Was it too forward of her to assume a man like him intended to give her the bed alone and sleep on the couch? "Begging your pardon... surely you do not intend those for yourself? I would not think to put you out of your own bed," she was a strange combination of confused and amused by this plan of his. "It's much too large for me, I might get lost," she teased suddenly as she went closer and touched the spread, appreciating the soft texture. Then she looked up at him, struck suddenly by his size, as she had been the first day, but unafraid. "I don't suppose you have that problem." She smiled a little as she imagined herself in the bed, and then him in the bed. She imagined she would look even smaller with him next to her than if she were alone. "I am certain to enjoy my stay," she told him, "I sincerely hope you will also. What sort of guest would I be if I did not leave you glad for having me?" There were a few words there that, from the way she said them, didn't quite seem to mean what they usually meant.

Super Streaker

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
He gave a slow look to the pillow and blanket in his hand as she pointed them out. He shrugged then and shook his head. "Probably not. These are insurance if the need strikes me is all." As she continued to speak and, finally ended he just stood there and looked at her, as if he as a blank wall. His eyes conveyed his emotion which was an odd, muddied yellow, which stood for confusion. Did she say what he thought she did? Was it possible that maybe her sentences were coming out wrong because she was tired? He chose the latter, and smiled, shrugging.

"Do not worry for me. I will be up, cleaning the bar, making it sparkle in the dawns light." he raised his pillow and blanket then. "These will undoubtedly be unused." His statement as a true one, he rarely slept anymore, taking on his kitten form for a quick cat-nap to rejuvenate him. He didn't have the luxury of sleep, and, if he was being came on to, he absolutely would not risk another soul so he might try and find happiness, or pleasure. Too many bad things had come from that selfish desire.

Without another word until he got to the door, he crossed the room. "I will get too work on preparing you a room in the morning. Sleep well." He wouldn't hear another word at the time, he needed to distract himself.
Havala met his gaze steadily, silent as he processed what she'd said. She found the situation a little unsettling, not because of the way he was looking at her so much as the unfamiliar color of his eyes. She hid her uneasiness well and waited in silence but wasn't sure what to make of his reaction. Certainly it was none of the ways she might have imagined he would respond. He was so... nonchalant? And oblivious? It had to be an act. He was a smart man and she doubted so sheltered to be innocent of the ways of the world. What drove him to feign ignorance was beyond her. She wasn't accustomed to being turned down, not so much because of some vain notion that she was irresistible, but because most of the men she met were happy enough to indulge themselves as they pleased. That or dismiss her with considerable less care than Fuji just had. She couldn't tell if she was disappointed or relieved and that alone was enough to confuse and worry her. If she was uncertain of his thoughts, her own were absolutely unknown to her.

She was promptly distracted from her concerns however by his plans. It was her turn to stare at him rather nonplussed as he spoke of all the cleaning he meant to do. "....You need a woman." She spoke out bluntly before she could stop herself and quickly covered her mouth to stop herself from saying anything else so offensive. "I'm sorry," she chirped, almost literally, from behind her hand. But really now - he was going to do all that cleaning while she slept? It was completely backwards! As she watched him go and heard his parting words, she wondered if she had offended him after all. He clearly wanted to end this conversation and get out of there, so she simply bowed her head and curtsied as usual. Once he was gone she sighed quietly to herself and turned back to the bed. More afraid of ruining her expensive dress than the consequences of being found without one, she slipped out of it and draped it carefully over the foot of the bed before climbing in and curling up to sleep.
(so i don't know if you had anything in mind to post but if you want i can edit mine or move on before she gets even more bizarre or you could move on or something. it makes no difference to me))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games