Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Being offered a glass was interesting. Rose wasn't so sure it would be something she would try. Or at least not in a clear glass. Perhaps in one that others couldn't see what it was she was drinking. However, before she could reply to him his attention seemed to go elsewhere. The red head hadn't been paying close attention to what it was the seer was saying, but she got the gist of it when Orphen questioned him. Rose gave a small smile. "Actually, the people seemed to keep him in their hearts as a god." Even if she hadn't grown up in the usual fashion she had been gifted memories and the like as though she had. One such memory was the story of her grandfather. "My grandsire can be quite shy." The princes spoke to Orphen but her words would benefit both Pendragons.

-------------------

Vanity was chewing a bite of pancakes and seeming to ignore the conversation around her. In truth the queen was listening but had nothing to say or share. The story of Umbral had already been told to her. She also had the privilege to retain some memories from Oracle after a short time within his head. Not something she would wish to repeat again. There were some images in there that were not appropriate. As Orphen seemed to be more attentive to the political side of things Vanity reached out for a glass that held a bit of Merlot and offered it to her daughter. It might not be what the girl wanted but it would at least help curb the thirst for a bit.

Hilarious Demigod

Reader of Omens

Heras Box

Peccaminous Peregrine

OutlawD One

User Image

Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear

Thum.

The chamber doors of the grand council's meeting room rumbled violently, a reverberation shuddering the room over with it's empowered proclamation.

THUM.

Celebrembar waited on the other side, hovering idly. He bore four of his eight missing runes, and the power that resonated off of his veil of hardened shadow was disturbingly potent. The runes glowed white hot along his shackled pauldrons, and his hidden visage sat in a perpetual scowl, his free hand held idle over the pommel of his Viperbranch, a blade of impossible vorpal strength.

He knocked once more.

THUM!

Celebrembar had returned from the Shadow Realm, and he had not returned lightly. Now with the power to enter his once Tower he feared no creature of the Umbral. Even in death he had power beyond, and could resurrect eventually. But he did not come with violence on the mind. Instead, he held an offer...

"....."

I join them to beat them to keep them away from the things I cling to the most.

He felt such anger. Such great hatred for those that sat in his Tower, cavorting and parading as if they ruled the Umbral with wine and cake, as if they were of a higher tone of aura than he, the grand Celebrembar of the Blackest Tower. How dare these plebians squat among his ruins, goblins in comparison to his absolute blackness. His soul was a wall of death, and in his heart was nothing but the Void and the Nothing beyond, a sinister coil of true evil seeking to only devour the Light of Man and the Known. He would bring pain to them. He would bring despair. He would end them all as violently as possible in the end of ends, so quick he would cackle sweet madness and crack lightning across the sky with each silencing blow from his Viperbranch. By the Gods, the wraith wanted nothing more then to obliterate everyone and everything in this realm. To start anew, with his own breed of abomination, the kin of Cadmazan, the eye of Ool and the beyond.

But now was not the time. He needed to play it safe until he held all of his runes, for only at the height of his power could he possibly defeat a full council of elder magi in single combat. Though he could now wield the Viperbranch with one hand, he was still weakened of physical form. He could be destroyed, and that would set him back greatly...

He would, for now, force his hand in the only way he could.

A temporary alliance would suffice.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The eldest Pendragon took the words right out of Hartia's mouth. He sipped his wine in wake of his brother's remark, not having anything to add to the question as stated. I mean, he still wasn't clear on if Nox was really Orcale's son, and if he was, perhaps not by blood.....but then how were they so similar in appearance? It mattered not, that was left to Nox's disgression if he so asked and Nox so desired to tell. But right now, they were speaking with Oracle. Rose deemed herself fit to remark in the minute pause of the conversation, where important questions were to be answered by the so called shy grandsire. And as much as Hartia wanted to speak out to put her in her place, he decided to take another sip of wine, emptying his glass with this one. It was even easier to bite his tongue so to speak considering Rose was talking specifically to Orphen, practically making it none of his business. Still....something here felt....off. Standing and moving so that he might refill his glass there was a sudden knock at the door?

THUM

T
he Cambion felt like this was an uninvited guest.

THUM

F
or if it wasn't, then why would they be knocking? Setting the bottle of wine down, he merely turned to face the door, sipping his wine once more.

THUM

S
wallowing hard as he pulled the glass from his face, his left hand lifted and pointed at the floating wraith. Looking first to Nox whom claimed not to know who this being was, and then to Oracle, whom Nox said would likely know of this being, he would speak out. Enlightening his brother in the process. Only his brother would hear his mental speaking as previously mentioned (italics), and the rest would only hear the words spoken aloud (bold). ""This is Celebrembar, the thing that attacked me in the woods after my scuffle with the DeSeer. I was barely able to chase this one off, granted I almost defeated him. Still, I'm not sure how much longer I could have held up against him. Be weary brother, he's a tough one...Almost as tough as 'he who should not be named'. ""

"Just so you know Lord Oracle, this was actually my next question."

H
is hand dropped from pointing at the floating wraith as he casually paced over to his brother's vacinity, gladly sitting next to him, on the opposing side of Rose of course. Though if this was a potential, very dangerous enemy, then why did the Cambion casually return to sitting with his wine? The answer was simple really. While within the walls of the castle, Hartia was unable to use any of his active abilities. Effectively he was powerless to even summon The Sorcerer back to his hand, the magic sword he used to fend against the wraith before. In fact, the only thing going for him at this very moment, was that the wraith had originally proclaimed that this was in fact rightfully his kingdom. So luckily he had yet to allow and alliance, and not only that, but the heat should be less on him than the Silverfire's. Though if the wraith decided to go on the offensive against them all, the Cambion was powerless and would rather spend his final moments drinking next to his brother than to try to fight power without power. Of course there was always the option of running....But such a feat wasn't likely with the wraith between them and the door.

Legendary Sauce
Reader of Omens
Heras Box
OutlawD One

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

When the doors were pounded on, Vanity simply looked toward them. How odd that someone could have reached those doors without the entire castle being alerted. None of the servants were stupid enough to beat on things in such a manner. And since she knew none could use magic within the walls of the castle, save for the royal family, Vanity had to assume the guards were being far too lax. As the one responsible for the noise entered her dark purple eyes took in their appearance. Distastefully. A wraith was not exactly good looking. Hearing then Hartia say that his next question was about this being the queen leaned back in her chair. With her free hand she motioned to an empty seat. "By all means, sit. Since I doubt you will be asking and showing polite manners allow me to inquire. What are you doing here?" No, she did not know him. Nor did she care to. But surely the... thing... had reason to barge in unannounced and uninvited. If it did not show some polite decorum then she would be severely annoyed. It was bad enough the thing hadn't chosen to look more pleasing to the eye, never mind the lack of respect in the entrance. Vanity was less hospitable to those who lacked etiquette.

Legendary Sauce
Well hi there.

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Peccaminous Peregrine
Legendary Sauce
Heras Box
OutlawD One
Oracle turned to Orphen like he was about to answer the man's question, when suddenly there was a great pounding on the door. A small smile crossed the man's face briefly as his daughter in law stood and allowed their newest 'diplomat' to enter into the room. The Seer gestured briefly to a seventh chair in the room that had otherwise remained empty up to this point, almost as if Oracle had expected the man to show up. As the Wraithlord was let into the room, Oracle turned to look at Gina, "Gina, be a dear and get Rose out of here, would you? She's far to young to experience violence, should it come to that." His eyes then drifted back to the newest occupant, "Lord Celembremar, welcome. I've been expecting you for some time. Please, sit." He gestured to the otherwise empty chair in the room before he turned to look back that the Pendragon brothers that had moved to be together in the tiny room.

As the Seer's eyes drifted upon them, they would feel almost as if a great pressure had been released from them. The thrumming of power would once again fill their veins as their abilities returned to them, "Your powers have been returned, gentlemen, though I hope you won't need them." The Seer's words echoed in their minds as he returned their abilities to them, though he hoped they would keep quiet to that fact. If need be they could use the element of surprise to attack Celembremar should they need to. After sending a final telepathic message to two of his best fighters, who were otherwise occupied in another realm, he opened his mouth again, "Apologies, Orphen. You asked a question, did you not? Ah, yes, I remember now." He took another sip of wine before speaking again, "Once I left I had no hold over the people of Umbral, other than the fact that I could not convince them that I was not a god to be worshiped. I had no involvement in their lifestyle or their governing process, let alone their ruling practices, until such time as I was asked to return by Nox to be his magical consult, which was hundreds of years later. And I am not the 'power behind the throne' as you imply, Orphen. I know myself, and I am not trusted to rule or decide the fate of a kingdom. I have been...tempted by such things before. It ended badly" For now they would leave it at that.

"In fact, until fairly recently, those in Umbral did not know that Nox was my son. When I first arrived here in Umbral to help stop the Dark God, I did not look as I did now, and Nox had not yet come into existence. But for now we must table this discussion, as we have other matters to attend to, I believe. I would be more than happy to discuss my family's past later." He then turned to Celembremar, "Why have you come before us today, Black Lord of the Blastlands?"

Hilarious Demigod

Peccaminous Peregrine

Reader of Omens
Heras Box
OutlawD One

The Lord's presence quivered the air where he drifted effortlessly upon robes like undulating tendrils, plumes of hissing darkness emanating from his unnatural aura as he wordlessly took the seat offered forward. He allowed his frail body to relax back into the chair, his enormous blade held over his shoulder where his hands draped over it's coal black sheath, his cowl of writhing shadow hiding away any form of expression or sense of thought. He did not respond to Vanity's inquiry. He felt her words lacked knowing and tact, and giving an answer to such poor wordplay would have left a bad taste in his mouth. Grinding his half rotted maw, he lazily picked his nose as the Seer spoke towards him finally in question.

"My name proceeds me. A pity, I do not know you." He did not snicker as he fished a black booger from his hidden nose. He gave it a look before popping it in his mouth with a loud slurp. "...Why so serious?" He cocked his head and looked at Hartia, his eyes flashing at the Cambion so that only he and he alone could see the terrifying glint of frosted malice that lay hidden behind his veil of living shadow, a wicked grin crossing his broken visage.

"It's not like I'm here to kill the party."

He snickered, and the Viperbranch fell from his grip to the ground in a hammer borne thud.

"I have returned, a conqueror of realms. Planeswalker. Destroyer of all who have opposed me."

The Viperbranch rose up from the ground slowly and hovered gently over to the Seer.

"And this is how I performed such feats. A tool crafted from the souls of those more ancient than I... I offer you this gift, if only I am offered my rights to be status risen, once more, as a Lord of this realm, and given my own land and place among the noble stock."

He stroked his chin slowly, staring about at the others like a spider among flies.

"This is no demand. It is a generous offering for what is only due. I expect no less then expressed gratitude..."

Dapper Explorer

There were knocks, and rude entrances and even ruder interruptions. A man clad in black had entered the and from what Orphen gathered he was an uninvited guest....he thoughts were soon clarified by the comments of Vanity and Oracle. It wasn't long before Hartia sat next to Orphen's location, and not much longer before the brothers were told of their returning powers.

"Thank you for answering the question Oracle. It's good to finally have the full story, but it does seem you've gathered a guest."

A guest that Hartia had in formed him made motion to attack him in the forest; a new enemy he was then.

OOC:Sorry guys, 1 more short post. Studying lines for class, but don't want to hold you guys up longer.

Heras box
pectinous peregrine
reader of omens

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

That hovering Viperbranch was very.....tempting. Then again, when things seemed too good to be true, they usually were. Hartia felt like the wraith was simply getting all of his ducks in a row for some bigger purpose later. For the wraith to claim that this world was truly and rightfully his, only to make a shitty proposal for just a piece of it, was poor on the strength and leadership viewing of himself. Hartia wished he would have been able to finish him back in the forest. But he fled. As for Oracle, Hartia would easily find him a fool to take the deal, considering none of them knew each other. Not to mention, the wraith blatantly insinuated that he was using this moment as a formality. As if he would take what was rightfully his if Oracle didn't simply given him what he asked for. Though at the wake of the proposal, Hartia would turn his head, craning his neck to look across the room at Nox. Oracle might have been his father, but he was the crowned king. Another poor interpretation of this kingdoms leadership. For now he refrained from the mental chatting with his brother, but only because he wanted to see this whole ordeal play out for what it was before sharing his thoughts about it. Silently he watched, sipping his wine while slouching back in his seat in the most unkingly of ways.

With all these distractions, perhaps this wasn't the right day to attempt any sort of alliance....or perhaps it was an omen to say it was a bad deal to make.

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

With the small suggestion from Oracle, Vanity rose to her feet and gave a polite smile to the party in the room. "Excuse me for a moment, Rose and I shall check on the children." Leaving the table she gently touched her daughter's shoulder and waited for the princess to join her. When both were up and walking the silver haired Queen would give a nod to the men as a final goodbye then took Rose away from the conference room. It wasn't something she wanted to do, leaving her husband in there with a potential threat, but her child came first. They all did. Securing them in the nursery was the best thing to do at the moment. Not to mention, her blatant dislike of manner-less individuals would likely cause tempers to rise.

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

((I'll have a Nox and Oracle post for you guys on Friday. It's a busy week for me with school and all so I won't have time to make them.))

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

OOC: - Twiddles thumbs patiently. -

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Legendary Sauce
Heras Box
Peccaminous Peregrine
OutlawD One
((Sorry about that folks, had a little bit more work than expected. But it's still Friday (at least where I'm at) so it still counts! cool ))
Oracle merely shrugged as all hell seemed to break loose around them when Celembremar barged his way into what was otherwise a private ceremony. He waited to speak until everyone was gathered and Rose had been taken out of the room in case things became incredibly dangerous. The Seer shifted his platinum gaze towards the Viperbranch, whatever that was, that floated above his head gingerly, "Listen Celembremar, I only know who you are because you shouted your name, rank and affiliation in the middle of battle like some villain from a cheesy 80s movie. Other than that I don't know who you are, why you've come, or why it is you seem to think that you rule Umbral when I've never heard of you. And trust me when I say, I never forget a name, or a face, or anything really. There's only been one ruler of this plane besides my son, and he's...not in a position to rule anymore."

He continued to watch the man and his actions before speaking again, "Are you sure you're not thinking of The Umbra? It's a similar realm in a different part of a different multiverse that acts as the land of Wraiths, ghost, and shadows. It's been a misconception before from others like Corbin DeSeer." He took a sip of wine as he watched about the room. The Pendragon brothers remained near each other but did not yet act on their visitor, and Nox seemed like he was about to say something. Deciding to give his Son a chance to speak, as King of the realm, he finished up with one last thing, "Besides, I don't have the authority to grant such a request. I'm just the mediator. Nothing more."
Legendary Sauce
Heras Box
Peccaminous Peregrine
OutlawD One

xxxxxxxxxxxNoctem King of Umbral
                To think of shadows is a serious thing.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                The fact that negotiations had just barely gotten underway when Celembremar burst into the conference room annoyed him greatly, even more so when he started throwing his weight around. Not to mention his ridiculous 'demands.' He was concerned briefly when his father appeared to know the man, only to stifle a laugh when Oracle released the way that he knew of the man. Seriously? Did all the bad guys read the same handbook or something? Don't they realize what power names have? The Shade waited patiently for the Seer to finish speaking before he was gestured to speak. Standing, the man simply nodded his head at the 'visiting dignitary' as opposed to bowing, like he had with the Pendragon brothers. "I am the King of Umbral, and any concerns will be addressed me. Not my negotiator." And he was using the term 'concerns' very loosely.

His amethyst eyes narrowed slightly as he spoke more, and there was a half hidden glimpse of annoyance behind them, "And so far, I'm not impressed. You've given us no reason to even hear out your ridiculous suggestions. You enter into a negotiation to force an invitation, and come here issuing threats and demands while trying to demonstrate how powerful you are." When the Shade mentioned power, the light in the room began to dim, "You claim to be a previous ruler here, but give no evidence or support of that claim other than your own admissions. No one here has heard of you beyond the name, nor are there any records of you in the great archives." He pointed to the door, "Unless you can produce some kind of evidence or anything other than your threats and displays, I am asking you once to leave of your own volition. If you wish to petition for a title, fill out the necessary paperwork and submit it immediately. I can see when to fit you in after my business here is concluded." With that he turned his attention away from the Wraith and back to those who actually mattered.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow

Dapper Explorer

"Well this is starting to get plum ******** interesting now."

Orphen addressed his brother directly, indirectly as the conversation between Nox, Oracle and the newly entered Celebrembar went on.

"Think we'll have to intervene?"

As Vanity announced her and Rose's exit, Orphen's emerald green eyes traced over and watched them until the door was closed behind them.

"I guess if we do, it'll give me something to do with my frustrated energy. Seems like this is going to be a long day."
Heras Box
Peccaminous Peregrine
Reader of Omens
Legendary Sauce

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

"Barely...As I mentioned, I faced this one earlier in the forest. Wily fast little devil, though I nearly took him by myself. Two or more of us opposing him would easily send him running again."

H
e muttered to his brother. Since Orphen didn't speak aloud, Xartia did. Sure he was somewhat talking out of his a**, knowing that he didn't defend greatly against the wraith's threat. Though his offense was managable, which meant he could at least stand toe to toe with this baddie. Orphen being in attendance as a partner for tag teaming was something that iced the cake. They were amazing apart, but imagine how they were when the twins were united.

"I would love to have his sword however. Peculiar, it is. While holding it, he becomes intangible...he becomes shadow."

H
e continued muttering to his brother whilst they had the chance. That way if a fight broke out they at least shared a common starting point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff