Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

Events in the nursery got more and more interesting as Vanity deemed fit to remind Lilith to her place. Watching the events Orphen remained quiet throwing Nox a couple of 'really? Worrrd?' glances as Vanity took a taste from Lilith and placed her finger into the Vampire's mouth. Orphen couldn't help but wonder if Gina and Lilith allowed Nox to join in on their 'relationship'. Perhaps like mother like daughters?

Remained level and quiet through the events, that was until Gina mistook him for one of her 'servants'.

"Vanity, I have held my tongue for this long with your remarks about infants carrying more power than I, but I will not continue to stand and let you speak however you wish of me. I am a Pendragon, and aside from that can access the things that create universes. The emerald in my eyes is not natural, it is from The Emerald Tablet....research it if you are unaware of its abilities."

His tone was matter-of-fact and he allowed himself to exhale before returning to his normal speaking voice and continuing.

"Nox, Vanity, I have said that your daughter was not part of my initial gain here and it was not but when a Pendragon takes a wife, that woman will be protected and guarded until no Pendragon has life within their body. We take care of our own. Yes, your wife introduced your daughter to the deal but she would still be my wife."

Another screech would be heard from the battlefield, causing Orphen to glance once again and see a wall erected over his view to the balcony. A small smirk graced his face for a moment as he looked to the new formation. Hartia was having a battle outside and it seemed to on a thin line but nothing that his brother couldn't handle....until the opponent ran causing Orphen to exhale. He had at least gotten to make sure his brother was safe before the wall completed it's formation.

Keep out the noise....riiiiiiiight.

The wall Orphen was sure had more than just one purpose in their current situation though it was nothing his 'tools' couldn't get him through.

"You're shadestone, to be honest has peaked my interest with it's magical dampening abilities and I would like to acquire some for my own interests and desires. While a bride was not in my initial thoughts, I will not turn down the offer if they will grow to be as beautiful as the Queen of the land."

Shooting a short glance to Vanity Orphen took in her beauty but did not trace her body as to remain respectful of the King.

"As I mentioned before, blood will not work in this case. Pendragon blood is not something that is open for tampering and damn well not open to give out. If you are weary about my word, I will use a blood seal but giving you my DNA is out of the question. I do however appreciate the option of choosing between the two. I believe to have made my choice but I am however curious about who they will be."

On Nox's nevermind, Orphen leaned back taking his feet from the ground and begin sitting on nothing but air.

"I will say that the best option to end this attack without death is this deal and your wife is sly for conjuring the idea. Smart as well, as a powerful set of allies would be gained."

Magic Points:(60pts)

Mythos Points:(4/5)
Golden Fleece Lvl 3
Hermès Boots Lvl 3
Hercules Gauntlets Lvl 3
Axe of Perun Lvl 3

Spirit of Canine:
Ears of Alpha-Canine
Elixir(s):2

Heras Box
Reader of Omens
The_Scarlet_Widow

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

After his last tactic, he was barely passed the center most point of the crater. A little up the incline. He held his stance despite the aching in his bones. The burning of his muscles. He was nearing his end game with this one, especially so soon after dealing with Corbin for the short time he did. None the less, his busy mind became puzzled, confused as to what was now happening. The wraith was retreating. And as the daemon sword was sheathed, the deleted parts of the world around them restored to normal. Bizarre. The wraith shot him a glare before vanishing, though his face remained the same as it had been. His sight unwavering from him until he was gone. And once he was, and everything returned to normal, all but the crater he stood in, he had to wonder if what had just happened was even real. Perhaps it was just a hallucination, enlightening him to the revalations that could likely be him should he not learn to master this blade before it became too strong. The weapon and Hartia alike both grew with power each and every moment of their existences, though the sword was likely unhindered in the process, as to where Hartia was still held back some degrees, thanks to his human half.

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

His sword would be thrown into the air, flipping thrice before it dropped back down. However, instead of reaching to grasp it, it vanished. Whether what happened was reality, or a realization, it was a wake up call. He needed a break from that sword. His sword. As his aura was suppressed yet again, the Cambion's body began to relax, and as the pains he experienced worsened, it confirmed that what had just happened, did happen...And his life almost ended, three fold. Karma at work no doubt. Likely for the paiun and suffering he spread upon others, sometimes without a second thought. But his human side and his brother always made him question if he really could, or did have actual morals. Dropping to his rump and sitting in the crater a moment, he allowed himself to mentally collect as he worked to calm his breathing, even if it was controlled the entire time. That fear though, would take a while to fully flee his mind.

Before anything else, he would will his ties to the great aether in aiding him in accelerating his healing. Mitokinesis. The pain slowly but surely melted out of his entirety, mending his body to mint condition once more by it's end. And that was when he realized something else. He was dirty and sweaty. Sure he could magically clean his clothing, but mentally, he would still be dirty. In a brilliant white flash, his entirty was illuminated, dimming just as fast as it lit up only to reveal him with his skin refreshed, his clothing replaced with black and red fabrics, a gold crescent moon with stars accenting the top and still tying in mild his affiliation to the lich king. Even without those ties, he'd gladly sport this stylin top. A ridiculously sized hat topped out his fresh attire. He might have looked good in some meggings and leg armor, though these slacks were also much more comfortable.

Finally, he was presentable again, ready to be around just about anyone. Mind you he hadn't forgotten why he was hear. Though the next realization he had was that he was alone. Being one of if not his greatest fear, he got up almost too fast for his own good. Dusting off his fresh threads out of force of habit, he began to traverse the dark woods. Finally, he could play catch up with Orphen and make his way for the castle. Despite his orders being not so harshly followed wouldn't seem great to Ursan, though at least his enemies ran from him, regardless of the fact that he wasn't the sole reason. Not that he couldn't have been. He simply had to ensure his own safety throughout the process, which slowed him down dramatically. Recklessness was an issue of his past, not his present, and it had no place to hold in his future.

He'd walk roughly 500ft before he decided to say '******** this' and teleport himself to the vacinity of the undead horde that stood it's ground, loitering roughly three football fields away from the huge runic structure. It only made sense to check on the legion prior to entering the castle straight up.

MP: 75 (-10 Mitokinesis Level three)
Materia: 0

OutlawD One
YummyBiscuits
WHERE ARE YOU HIDING!?
Reader of Omens
Heras Box
Not sure what Fenra last did. Should I find he last action before my next reply or would you prefer to post as her again?
The_Scarlet_Widow

Obsessive Vampire

7,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
((OOC: Due to technical difficulties associated with long distance travel, I won't be able to post for a few days. If I can manage, I will < <;; sorry~ ))

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

(( I'll be posting later today. o wo Sorry to be late. Was busy with arts. ))

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

OutlawD One
Reader of Omens
Peccaminous Peregrine

(( Eee~! A rare moment! Gina is close to losing control. >3 Not to worry though, someone will contain her I am sure. //giggle. OH! and Fenra is still milling about in the horde, knocking them over and playing dominoes if Hartia wanted to bump into her. ))

Vanity moved her eyes back to Orphen from her place in the hall just as Lillian passed her by. She knew the woman was going to get sick. That pain scorched her mouth, but she couldn't forgive her friend just yet for not heeding the warnings she plainly gave. Perhaps she was being too sweet these days? Did she need to return to who she was before coming to Umbral? Thankfully her ire was more easily contained when it was someone else that pushed buttons and not someone she loved. So as the Pendragon spoke about who he was and what he could do she simply stared at him with those gorgeous eyes of hers. Not seeing him, not really, she saw a body, heard the voice, knew there was blood and emotions toiling about within, but beyond that she saw nothing. "Mr. Pendragon, let me be clearer. My daughters might be infants but it is not their power that is more than yours, it is their lineage, it is their personalities. Rose feeds quite a bit now and is just a baby, imagine if she were to be your wife, feeding her would then become your responsibility. Unless you want the mouth of your wife latched onto the neck of some other man, it will be you offering your blood to her. If her appetite is too much can you handle it? Are you strong enough? If not, I suspect she will be a widow even before she can have babies of her own. Ember is a succubus, a trait gained from her father, and she will need to feed as well. So if she becomes your wife you will have to have the sexual energy, the sexual prowess to keep my baby girl happy. If not, I imagine she will drain your body dry and move on to whomever can give her what she needs." During her rant she moved oh so slowly back into the nursery, but kept her voice even. Vanity pointed a finger at the man then smiled at him as sweetly as she could before she then moved her hand out to motion to the other cribs in the room. "Also take into consideration they both have brothers. Troublesome things, brothers are. Hurt either of my daughters and they will react in a not so kind way. As well as my husband, Rune, Fenra, Helena, Trent, Oracle, and I. So it is not your power I question when I ask about strength, Orphen, it is the constitution in which you have to survive them." By now she was looking more than a little concerned. She felt Lillian retching as if it burned her own throat now. Thankfully short lived as the choker was removed, but she still knew. Her mind might not be linked to her friend's body, but she saw, she knew, and it pained her to have done so.

Vanity moved her eyes to Nox once more, the confusion still present from the feeling she recieved from Ryuu. It was building up and soon she would have to do something. Feelings and her didn't mix well and at the moment she was feeling too many of them. The cherry on top of it all, she still had the connection to Fenra open. The sounds of battle bounced around in her mind as the wolf continued to rage and rant through the undead horde. Not that it did much good. They were bodies. Not living things. With a deep breath she centered herself and gave the polite smile once more. "If my husband agrees with the idea then he will oversee the aging of our daughters and make sure you do nothing inappropriate. Once you choose I will bind you by your blood to my daughter and there will be no other say. I do not want your blood for any other reason than to make sure there is a connection from you to my child. If I had wanted it for any other reason than that, I'd have forced it through your pores hours ago. Your word is fine for royalty, but for a bl--.. for me I need something I am familiar with. I am sorry you feel offended by that. If it makes it better you can have what the others have. A piece of me. A single strand of my hair to wear as you please." And that was an offer not made to those outside of her circle. Finally she looked at Noctem once more and seemed to break apart. He needed to calm her or things could go seriously wrong. "What is wrong with him? What has happened to my.. my brother.. my sin.. my Greedie.. why is he.. ? What happened!?" Since her magic was more instinctual than anything it seemed to react now. Sparks of purple slid across the floor, emanating from her feet, but fell short of touching anyone or thing.

Dapper Explorer

As Vanity spoke Orphen's right eyelid began to twitch lightly. The Pendragon could feel his patience being worn and Vanity's emotional tone wasn't helping to calm the brother. The dealings were going back and forth, the woman spoke of his lineage and she seemed bent on getting his blood for what she wish....were they not the ones about to face an onslaught of undead?

"I assure you my sexual prowess stands to attention. Lineage, there is no question,   or contest."

She is really making this difficult I see....I could just wait for the battle to end and take the stone... No, too many lives lost.

The Pendragon thought to himself, allowing a breif silence to pass.

"As a bloodmage I don't give out my DNA so freely. I will make a blood pact with my wife if it will help you to relax about the deal, but I will not give you my blood. Not while I dont know what you are. Surely you can understand that."

Looking from Vanity to Nox, Orphen allowed his charm and sincerity to shine as he ignored the woman's emotional outburst.

"It seems to be getting sticky outside, let's finish this. It may take Hartia time to quell the undead...and the Lich King."

To reach a deal that would make both parties satisfied each would have to cave a slight bit, such as is with business.

Heras Box
"Reader of Omens

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The Cambion erupted into a maniacal cackle. He laughed so hard, his stomach physically ached. He almost felt like he was going to break a rib. The smell of the wolfs blood was in the air, and the horde was still being disturbed by the poor, stupid dog. These undead were intelligent beings. To assume they would just allow her to barrel through them was silly. Angled blades of many many kinds would tip to impale the wolf. Some embedding into her flesh and being taken from the ended as it remained in her flesh. Some of the weapons glanced her flesh, drawing blood that was straining her coat like a fresh canvas. Though the disposable undead were just that, disposable. And even now those disposable soldiers not fully destroyed worked to combine pieces, reforming full bodies as to throw a big middle finger up about casualties on this army's side of the war. The Cambion began seemingly boil and grow from within, as if in an invisible microwave. His skin would stretch and tear, his eyes suttily becoming a deep jet black. His fangs and clows grew as did his height and girth. The sound of tearing muscles and breaking bones shifting within him, rapidly regenerating as the shape shift was swiftly occurring.

Overall reference | Head and neck reference

The Cambion mutated to about a height of 18 feet tall, though his strange back legs made his sitting/standing position about 10 feet tall. His long gangly arms were about six feet in length each, the back legs about eight feet long each, folded beneath him like a toads would be. His torso was also toad like, though his upper chest, shoulders and wings that spanned as long as he was tall were all bat like. His entire body covered in a bat like fur. As soon as the transformation was complete, a beastly roar was released into the air, a warning. Kicking off of the ground mightily as his larged wings beat a few times, he launched himself into the air. The hoard in turn would fan out around Fenra, heading the Daeva's warning as he compelled them to leave her to him. If she didn't stop to face him and kept recklessly throwing herself into dead things, she'd soon end up just like them. But if she had a deathwish, he couldn't deny her that. It was just, he hated to waste potential. Just like the form he wore now, he would most certainly prefer to eat the b***h so that he might wear her appearance later. Regardless, he was closing on her, and fast. Dropping down at her from above, he would settle for sinking his talons into her back only before anything else, if he could so afford the act. Otherwise he would come to land upon the ground, where he would turn onto his attack phase.

"GRWAOOOOOOOOWR!"

I
t screamed again as it came crashing down with it's weight in tow.

MP: 65
Materia: 0

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

OutlawD One
Heras Box
Nox noticed that his wife was starting to lose control, so he placed a hand on her hip, "Love, I'm uncertain what has happened to Ryuuku. I regret that I don't know much about dragon physiology, and my father is otherwise occupied." He smiled at her as he glanced to Orphen briefly, then his eyes returned to his wife, "It begs further studying, wouldn't you agree? You're in a far better position to figure out what's wrong with him that I, as his feelings towards me might accidentally aggravate his current state." He nodded to her, "Go, check on him and we'll continue this later. There are things I must discuss with Mr. Pendragon anyway." Hopefully that would serve to calm her down, as well as not aggravate things further. Besides, if her uncontrollable magic woke the children, they'd all be in trouble.

Once he was sure that Vanity's temperament had been subdued for now, he turned his gaze to Orphen, "If that is the reason you seek Shadestone, I'm afraid you have been misinformed." He gazed about at the castle and gave a shrug, "I will negotiate in bad faith, so here it is. Shadestone has no magical properties, nor can it disrupt magical energies. It is just rock, and one we have in abundance here in Umbral." He gestured to the stone around him, "It is durable, to be certain, and incredibly heavy, but other than that it is just rock. Those with Nethermancy, or Shadow Magic in layman's terms, are able to manipulate the rock to an insane degree," To prove a point, he withdrew a hunk of rock that he seemed to keep in his pocket. He placed it between his hands and began to mold it into various shapes and symbols, "But those without Shadow Magic will find it's as mundane as other minerals." He handed the rock over to Orphen so he could see for himself. It was a piece no larger than a small rock, but it should be sufficient for their purposes.

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Peccaminous Peregrine

Fenra was no fool. She knew these things were still "alive" and could use their weapons. She half counted on it. In her wolf form the scent of her own blood kept her adrenaline running and gave her the energy to continue tearing into the rancid flesh of those that stood in her way. She needed that. The sense of urgency. However, her ears caught the sound of something else and turned instantly to Hartia as he too changed into a beast. Before the horde could fan out she had already stopped and was watching him very close, her tail swishing back and forth impatiently. As he took to the sky she moved her position just a little so that she could keep her vision on him. A land predator versus an air predator would be interesting to say the least. He wouldn't get the chance to put talons into her back but he'd get his chance to face her.

With a snort she leveled her gaze at him and as his roar came she answered with a growl. There would be little she could do to keep her word to the Queen if he insisted on attacking. So as he came at her with his full weight she move forward to meet him half way. Collision would be devastating to any too close. Claws, paws, talons, teeth, jaws, the would all be used and in a frenzy. Fenra was out for blood. Her wild side demanded she taste the blood of her enemies and this overgrown bat was such at the moment. With the strength of her hind legs she'd push onward, attempting to overpower the Cambion or at the very least unbalance him.

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

OutlawD One
Reader of Omens

Again the man seemed to miss the point of why Vanity asked to many questions and wished to know if he could survive, but she couldn't wrap her mind around it now. She was worried. Her hands had come together and she was gently picking at her nails. A habit that spoke volumes of her current state. Vanity never destroyed things that held beauty. Her nails were include in that. Bloodmage. Vaguely she head the word but couldn't understand it's meaning. She'd ask Oracle later to explain it in detail. However she did hear him say something about what she was. Even she was unsure of what she was. Blood construct? Offspring of sin? A dragon's trinket? When she felt Nox's hand on her hip she was brought out of the stupor and her attention went to him. He didn't know what was wrong with Ryu. The revelation made her frown. Still he calmed her by saying she could find out. She was better equipped to do so than him. Yes. Vanity nodded her head and turned, almost mechanically, toward the door to exit the nursery once more. Only this time she didn't seem to stop in the hall as she had earlier. This time she kept going. She needed to find the dragon. Ask him what was wrong. Before he had cut her off from him, she couldn't feel what he felt as it happened, but now, since she had forced her way into his mind, she felt the aftermath. It was confusing and unsettling to her. "Greedie!" Her voice rang out as she walked hastily in the direction she felt him to be, but she couldn't get an exact location. Vanity needed him to answer her.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Heras Box
With the strength of her hind legs she'd push onward, attempting to overpower the Cambion or at the very least unbalance him.

She pushed head on into the back leg talons of the bad-toad-demon creature. Sure she was pushing forward, but he was coming forth and down. Easily he would shove her by her shoulder face first into the ground, of he would shred through layers of the shoulders and front legs belonging to the big dog. His two arms/front legs would follow up slamming the wolf's shoulder blades, pulling forward and down still as the monster's back legs shoved the earthen crust away once more. Effectively, he would cut her up real nice as he leap frogged over the would throwing her down where she would possible tumble on the ground. The monster twisted in the air to face the wolf yet again, coming to land in a sliding stop. All four talons digging deep into the earthen crust as he applied his prowess to stopping sooner and chargin Fenra yet again. Barreling on all fours, it pulled with his front talons, pushing with the back as it's strange legs jumping prowess was used to propel him forward. Another vicious roar blasted from it's fanged maw.

"GRWAOOOOOOOOOOWR!!! ~

Dapper Explorer

Following suit with Nox's pause Orphen waited until Vanity exited the room; perhaps they could wrap this up. The Pendragon couldn't help but gesture towards the door with a raised brow and low smile.

"Women, aye? Good luck for her brother, its ghastly out there."

His smile had faded after his second remark.

His position in the air remained the same but his legs shifted stretching out in front of him. As Nox went on Orphen's face remained in a state vacant of expression.

"Well Noctem I will say that I was told something quite different by your wife and both can't be correct...."

After the king's words Orphen could feel his irritation being poked agaib within him. A new thing Orphen seemed to be noticing is that the Silverfire's of Umbral could be liars and the eldest Pendragon didn't like liars, and even more so disliked being lied too.

"Which is the case with this stone?"

The fact of the matter was Orphen was quite experienced with magic and Vanity's words backed up his thoughts that the stone did in fact have magical properties or abilities. Rune boosted or otherwise.
Reader of Omens
Heras Box

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Peccaminous Peregrine

It wasn't her face that met dirt, but she did get slammed down. Her chin collided with the ground and she instantly moved to gain some footing. Fenra needed to get some ground. It wouldn't be gotten so soon or easily. In fact she now felt a searing pain along her shoulders and a warmth that spread outward from the pain. She knew she was bleeding badly now. With Hartia separated from her she got up, wobbly on her feet, and stared at the creature. When he came at her yet again she realized then that his form gave him more of an advantage. He still had working limbs. Sure she had legs and paws, but nothing like the gangly arms and back legs of the overgrown bat. Fenra was at a disadvantage. So when he got too close she didn't go at him head on, this time she moved to the side and snapped her large jaws at his shoulder. If she could get a hold on him there then she might be able to toss him to the ground.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The beast was on the attack! And nothing could detour the apex predator. His gaping maw that exploded with a disastrous roar persisted as the wolf came at him. Lucky for Fenra, that in this form, his magic and his ties to it weren't anywhere near as sharp as when in his human form. Thus, he couldn't read much of her attack pattern outside of what he saw. The wold easily bit deep into his shoulder, locking in nice and tight. The pitch of the roar transition into one swift and short screech of pain before the jaws snapped openas wide as they could, the jaw unhinging as his huge, serpent like tongue would launch from within. It sought to snake around the wolf's neck as he resisted allowing her to throw him to the ground so easily. His right gangly arm raised up high, barring black talons in full before broadly swiping at a horizontal fashion, aiming to stab into the flesh just beyond the lowest/farthest point of her rib cage.

Heras Box

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

((Sincerest apologies for the wait, school and life has been crazy the last few weeks))
OutlawD One
Nox looked at the man and bowed, "My apologies, allow me to clarify." He stood back up and looked at the Shadestone, "Actually, we are both technically correct. The magical properties of Shadestone are so minimal that most people, myself included, cannot sense it. My wife is more adept in the Arcane than I, and I suspect you are as well if your studying of the Emerald Tablet is any indication. As such, you'll be able to sense the miniscule properties that it has, though you'll be able to sense more of it the closer you get to the mines." He looked to Orphen now, "However, if you want it because you believe it is the reason for you diminished powers while in the Castle, I'm afraid you're mistaken. If that were the case you would have lost your powers the moment you entered the city, since our roads and buildings are made from the material as well. Or your powers would not work outside the castle walls. The only thing that Shadestone can do, in large quantities, is magnify Nethermantic abilities of those near it." While Nox believed in negotiating in good faith, he wasn't about to reveal all of his secrets. The mystery of why the castle negated magical abilities would remain just that, a mystery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff