Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Shin~The ladle monster!

"Oh no doubt, my dear. We all feel that things are out of our control one time or another. But those are the times where just surviving or not is the most important choice that we can make."

He said softly as he stroked her hair, watching her fingers run along her scar. He'd wondered about those from time to time but had never thought to ask. To be blunt, they were just one of those things she'd tell him about when she felt like it, not a minute sooner. It could take.

"Every time that you take even a brief moment to acknowledge the presence of someone else, you give a bit of yourself to the world as a whole. Every time that you are acknowledged as such, the world gives it back to you. It might just be a small smile or a nod. A drink, or a laugh with someone you never knew before or have known for a hundred years."

Chuckling along with her he breathed in deeply and let out the long slow content sigh.

"We are what we have learned, have been given by and to others. If you look at it long enough, we all are one in this world. it can make you feel quite small at times, I would suppose."

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Count_Zantara
"Alright, alright, you've got me beat! You're right, even just deciding to survive is a choice that I must have made."

She let her eyes drift closed for a moment, enjoying the feeling of him stroking her hair. She was very comfortable with him in that moment, and she realized he was one of the few people that she didn't mind speaking openly with, being completely her. She had to wonder if he bore a similar trust for her in return, or if she were simply sentimental in nature.

"Although, I'd been led to believe it was rather a fluke that I became the way I am at all. It was never my father's intent, for me to become one of the undead. A vampire, like himself."

As she spoke, she reached up and tucked some stray purple curls behind her left ear, then absently traced her finger along the curve of it. Well, what remained of it. The ear was half shredded as well, the entire scar stretching from ear to collarbone. She usually wore her hair in such a way to conceal the ugly marks, as it was the only thing that marred her otherwise flawless beauty.

In truth, though, she rather liked it after all these years.

She cracked her eyes open and grinned up at him from beneath thick lashes.

"I never feel small."

She told him with a pointed chuckle. This was not quite true, as she often felt overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge and experiences out there in the world she still had yet to understand. But from day to day life, Shin's rather large ego tended to make up for her small stature.

Familiar Lunatic

"No man is an island, entire of itself;
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.
Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
it tolls for thee."

He recited softly, as he watched her run her fingers along her skin and scars. Oddly enough, Zantara found such things highly erotic in their fashion. Scars spoke to him more than fresh flesh ever could. You could almost read a persons life by the scars on their body and mind.

But Zantara was a believer in the teaching capacity of Pain, so there you go.

He could almost lick her scars if he had full mind to... and it was hard not to just try for a moment. Holding himself back for now, he chuckled at the "Small" comment and continued to stroke her hair.

"You are a Giant among us Shin. And always shall be... for you are the honest light in the window."

Otherworldly Garbage

Shin~The ladle monster!

((For how much longer do you think you'll be on? Care to rp until then?))

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Ihes egia

[ Aw, I'd love to RP with you! But... my boyfriend and I were just about to step out and catch a movie and stuff for my birthday unfortunately... ^^;

Normally I'm online all the time, but plans for today. sweatdrop ]

Otherworldly Garbage

Shin~The ladle monster!
Ihes egia

[ Aw, I'd love to RP with you! But... my boyfriend and I were just about to step out and catch a movie and stuff for my birthday unfortunately... ^^;

Normally I'm online all the time, but plans for today. sweatdrop ]

((Ah, this is fine, real life can be rather intrusive like that, especially birthdays (one which I hope shall be a happy one). XD ))

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Ihes egia

((Ah, this is fine, real life can be rather intrusive like that, especially birthdays (one which I hope shall be a happy one). XD ))
[ Thanks so much! If you're on this evening, perhaps we could RP then. ]

Otherworldly Garbage

Shin~The ladle monster!
Ihes egia

[ Thanks so much! If you're on this evening, perhaps we could RP then. ]

((Sure, that should work well.))

Otherworldly Garbage

Mathuris awoke, uncharacteristically, lacking any concern for any social norms, as he lie slouched over the bar counter. "Is i--' he groggily muttered aloud, before looking the right of him. Yes, his shoulder was still covered in the same ominously-swirling temporal gash. The time traveler sluggishly trudged towards the back of the bar once more, this time seeking a more innocuous beverage, cold water. Come to think of it, he reasoned, Mathuris did have a hunger as well as a thirst to sate--well, a physical one, at least, for any such intellectual or spiritual craving could soon be sated by the sight of that ominous, glowing-blue gash at his right shoulder, a ticking time bomb making every second seem all the more dismal....Well, so long as he had time, why not explore further into this bizarre century? Hell, these....whores, as that strange, volatile little girl called them....there might be some of quantity of this century, no? What's more, well, he never did get the chance to run round like Archimedes, proclaiming the joy of his mind's discovery, afterall.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
count_zantara

"A giant. I like that thought."

Shin found herself smiling softly, the corners of her lips twitching at his statement.

"Although I seem to be getting quite the reputation. I am not without the capacity for deceit, you know."

And of course, only Shin would want her reputation to be a little bit dubious. But the reality was that Shin was honest, if almost to a fault lately. There was a time when Shin's native tongue was that of lies and deceit, but those days were long past.

Come to think of it, she supposed that, really, having a reputation for honesty wouldn't be such a bad thing. As long as nobody mistook honesty for some kind of inherent innocence or goodness, neither of which were qualities Shin possessed in large amounts.

[ So, as it turned out, I was otherwise indisposed all night after all. >.> ]

Familiar Lunatic

Shin~The ladle monster!

"And I was known for a good six years as the God of Intrigue... your point my dear?"

He said questioning as the statement actually confused him. To Zantara, everyone was deceitful. Shin was more honest about things than most, but to him, the capacity for deceit was like talking... everybody had to do it even just to remind themselves that they could in some small fashion.

Looking around the room, he pondered why the room was so quiet... even though he could hear people moving within these walls...perhaps they were just shy

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
count_zantara

"I don't know, I suppose I just am not used to being considered honest... And certainly not compared to light."

The small vampire had only recently begun spending time among her friends and acquaintances of old. She respected them, and was honest with them. Otherwise, most of her interaction lately had been business pursuits and dealings with much less savory sorts, with whom she was cautious and rarely honest.

"You mean to say you're not the God of Intrigue anymore?"

She asked him cheekily, redirecting the conversation back toward him.

"You're no less intriguing, as far as I can tell."

Familiar Lunatic

Shin~The ladle monster!

Lifting up her head, he stood up for the time being, heading over to the bar and made himself up a quick martini. Coming back, he sat back down in the same spot, her head back in his lap before going into yet another story, this one quite a bit shorter.

"Well I gained that mantle and name as Dodgen died as he was the previous Lord Mask before me. I help onto it a while, augmenting it with the Portfolio of Deception at the death of Liakia who I don't think you ever met. Interesting woman... not too bright. It was an interesting time, building it up and watching it fall. Kind of like a really large game of Jenga, is what I always supposed being a god was really all about. But when I returned my world to this time, I had to give up my godhood in exchange for certain.... obligations to be fulfilled. I can get it back, in time but it will be a interesting road, that is for sure."

Sipping on his drink, he chuckled at her compliment and kissed his fingertips of his free hand, pressing them against her cheek.

"Your far too kind, my dear little one."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
count_zantara

"It seems that so much used to happen back then."

Shin mused, settling back down, her glossy purple ringlets spilling across his lap.

"But then, I guess there is more to be gained from looking to the future, than at the past. More titles to earn, more Jenga towers to build and knock down."

She giggled a little and looked up at him as he sipped at his drink and then transferred his kiss to her cheek.

"As someone who has never been overly ambitious in the pursuit of power, you have no idea how it sounds to so casually talk about chasing after god hood."

Familiar Lunatic

Shin~The ladle monster!

"I think that it's actually we aren't as flashy as we once were. We're still active, just not as...vocal about it, you might say."

He replied with a smile, knowing such things to be true.

"Godhood is just like any other thing out there... you just have to believe it can be yours in your heart and it shall be. You can reach the very stars if you put your mind to it."

Leaning back, he went back t stroking her hair, his fingertips trailing along her neck as he sipped on his drink.

"But yes... there is always another mountain to climb, an obstacle to over come.

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

He said with a laugh

"But the difference between us and the Great King Alexander is that we are safe in the knowledge that there will ALWAYS be other words to conquer... for the multiverse extends forever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff