Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rune gently smeared his face and paw with the blue ointment, then sat back for a few minutes while she waited for it to sink in. He'd likely feel it tingle at first, and then it would go numb and feel rather strange and fatted. But that was all normal. After she was sure it had had enough time to take effect, she picked up her tweezers and began to gently extract the needles from his skin.
Thanks to the paste the creature would probably only register her work as slight pulling sensations, but in truth it was rather difficult work. She was doing her best to cause as little damage as possible, but the barbs on the quills made that somewhat problematic. Still, she was doing a much better job of it than most would - with fragile skin like that on the face, it was likely that an unskilled hand would have taken a good chunk of him out with every spine.

Otherworldly Garbage

From just outside the door, the sound of firm, consistent trodding and slight irregular metal-clanking could be rather easily heard, as a firm, hesitant hand carefully pushed forth the door, scanning the room with a set of narrow, deep-set green eyes. "Hello? This is an inne, is it not?" the woman to which it belonged called forth, speaking in a rough British accent, no less. One might consider the adjoining silhouette--considerably androgynous-looking, really--of medium height and of somewhat stalky figure, wearing what looked to be a large false-leather jacket, and with long, flowing locks and a quizzical expression. Over her--or his, perhaps, as the figure's identity was rather uncertain at first sight--shoulder was slung a large, worn-looking rucksack. She had been wandering for the past few hours, in hopes of finding respite from a cold, dark night spent camping out alone--especially given what Rene had seen of unscrupulous men. For, much as she could hold his or her own, kick anyone's arse via physical and magical self-defence, she--or he--would rather not be thrust into such a situation. As she descended the stairs and scanned the room, nevertheless, she couldn't help but notice who appeared to be some sort of physician tending to an....rather foreign-looking....animal-like creature. 'What in the devil?' she wondered, trodding in with a sense of simultaneous trepidation and relief. "Say," she began to enquire, speaking with trepidation, generally being wary of strangers, "I don't suppose you could use....an extra set of hands?" Granted, Aleister Crowley was certainly no expert in the healing arts, but she could do something, she figured.
Tryan Creature
The creature sat very still, as tense as a drawn bow. He didn't feel any pain yet, but the tingling made him nervous, and the pulling was disconcerting. His large ears twitched at the knocking on the door and the sound of their new company entering, but he refrained from moving. That was okay though, his field of vision was significantly wider than a human's. He watched the stranger enter with an unblinking death glare, able to follow him/her almost anywhere she went in the room without moving his head.
Tryan Creature
Rune glanced up at the guest who had just entered and smiled sheepishly, her hands covered with blood and medicinal pastes for the moment. "Ah, excuse me..." She paused for a moment before settling on, "Miss, I just need to take care of my friend here, and then I'll be right with you." She gave a small, seated bow of apology before going back to her work, finally extracting all of the needles. He must have gotten really close to the porcupine, there had been quite a few stuck in him. She picked up a clean rag to wipe away the excess anesthetic before picking up the green tub. This was an antibiotic, but she didn't feel she'd need to explain that to him. It wouldn't feel at all odd like the first paste.
This she smeared over his wounds carefully, and then with equal gentleness she wrapped his paw tightly in a cloth bandage, and placed a pad carefully against his 'cheek' where the remainder of his wounds were. She sent him another mental nudge along the lines of 'done - don't scratch', before getting up and moving to the sink behind the counter to wipe the gore from her hands, turning her eyes towards the newcomer again. "Just one more moment!"

Otherworldly Garbage

Rene paused in her steps, scratching her head and fiddling with the celtic pendant round her neck somewhat-anxiously as she returned a curious glance at the avian-like creature--albeit careful not to stare, given that she knew that some species took such as a threat. Hoping that the woman who leaned over him might answer, merely watched with yet further bated curiosity. 'Wait,' she wondered, 'was she pulling needles from his, or her, back? What in Beezlebub's name was transpiring?' At the innekeeper's words, she nodded assuringly; "ah, take as much time as you need, no worries," she said with a shrug. She dropped her rucksack to her side, dropping it at her boot, and raised a brow in curiosity.
Rune scrubbed her hands thoroughly, then found a clean towel to dry them. She finally turned back to her new customer and smiled warmly, as if nothing out of the ordinary had been happening. "Good evening, welcome to the Wendigo. Can I get you anything?"
Rune was rather an odd sight in and of herself. She was very short, barely making it to five feet tall, with pale skin that nearly matched her pure-white hair. And even besides that there were the piercings in her ears, nose and tongue, and her outfit was hardly what most would consider tasteful, consisting of a bra and a pair of loose-fitting jeans. She hardly looked like someone who would run a bar located in a tree. On a seedy back road maybe, but not on the edge of a forest.
The creature just snorted at Rune and watched her go to clean herself up. He felt much better already. Even with the blue goo, having the porcupine quills sticking in him wasn't really all that comfortable. He supposed he should probably stop scaring the new customer and made a point not to look at her too much, though he did occasionally glance in her direction, just to be safe. Who knew what scheming she might be up to when no one was looking?

Otherworldly Garbage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Likewise, g'evening, Miss. Could I get a cup of tea, earl grey, if you have it around?" she responded, taking a seat at the nearest table, dropping her rucksack at her side s she nonchalantly set her jacket round the chair; afterall, she did, at times, attempt to appear more masculine when in the presence of a male, given what she feared of seedy male strangers. 'Quite good-looking....' she couldn't help but sigh wistfully, though making certain to conceal the expression, knowing how akward it made things. She returned a glance, a more comfortable glance, at the creature, hesitant to get too close, lest she upset him in such a vulnerable state, but nonetheless walking with a sense of confidence.
Rune nodded and moved to the cabinets, taking down the proper tea bag and a mug for her guest. She started a hot water pot warming, then placed the mug and tea bag next to it to wait for the 'beep' that signaled it being ready. "So then Miss, what brings you in here tonight?" If she'd noticed the girl's sigh she didn't show it, instead keeping her demeanor amiable.
As an afterthought she took a beer out from under the bar and opened it, pouring its contents into a bowl, placing it on the floor for her feathery friend to retrieve. The newcomer might find it odd for such a creature to have a taste for alcohol, but it seemed like a perfectly natural thing to do for Rune.

Otherworldly Garbage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Her brow raised at first at the alcohol offered to the feathered patron, but then, she figured, the magical world was a peculiar one, to say the least. Hell, even after years of dark arts experimentation, she was still baffled by some of thing she encountered! "Well, I happened upon this establishment," Rene began to respond, "when I found myself lost in an unknown wood. You own this inne, am I correct, Miss...what do you call yourself, by the way? As for me, you can call me Rene." She watched absent-mindedly as the kettle grew the warmer, pulling down the sleeves of her Black Sabbath band shirt as she curled her foot under her seat by force of subconscious. Indeed, although she had been wandering about in this wood, such was not on accident--her motive was rather clandestine, perhaps a bit seedy.
The creature had just been preparing to go investigate this newcomer a little more closely, having gotten to his feet and started pacing slowly as if unsure of what to do with himself. But then Rune solved that problem for him. The sound of the bottle being opened, which was rapidly becoming familiar, and the smell of his favorite drink distracted him entirely. Leaving off stalking the new stranger, he loped over to the bar with only a slight limp and bent to take a good long slurp from the bowl. Of course, proper slurping required lips, which he didn't have, but he still somehow managed to more or less inhale the first half within a matter of seconds. He paused only to look up, casting a wary eye around the room, always on the look out for threats.
Rune smiled down at her odd little friend and reached down to scratch him lightly behind the ear, mindful of the wound on his face. She turned her eyes back to the girl at the bar and nodded in the affirmative to her question. "Yes, I do own this place. My name is Rune Verdante - and it's nice to meet you Rene."
Just after those words were out of her mouth the hot water pot beeped loudly, and she turned to go attend to Rene's tea, returning with a hot mug a moment later and placing it in front of her patron, along with a small tray containing milk, honey and sugar for her to take at her discretion. "Help yourself." She said, again smiling warmly before settling into her own chair behind the bar counter.

Otherworldly Garbage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rene watched the winged creature curiously, intrigued as to his--he appeared male, anyway--intentions and intrigued as to what species he belonged. 'Is he the descendent of a griffin, perhaps a hippogryff, perhaps even a daemon?' she wondered. But then, she would wait until he had had his fill to approach him and better acquaint herself. "Ah, thank you," she blurted out at Rune's retrieval of the tea, her eyes locking with the other's, albeit more nonchalantly, "Miss Rune. Likewise, 'tis a pleasure. How did you come upon an inne in such a distant location, if I might?"
Startled by the beeping of the tea pot, the creature ducked and jumped back. His ears pricked up as he watched Rune come back around the bar with the tea, and he watched her deliver it to Rene before looking back toward where he believed the source of the sound to be. He crept forward, trying to spot the creature responsible for the offending noise. When no further strange or alarming noises followed however, he soon lost interest and returned to his beer. He drank up the rest greedily and licked any spare drops from the edge of his beak with a tongue as black as the rest of him, temporarily revealing his needle-like teeth. From there, he paced a while, and slowly made his way back to the pillow he'd claimed the first day.

ooc: I gotta go soon, sorry - been up for about 19 or 20 hours. @_@
Rune shrugged slightly at Rene's question, her lips curling in amusement as she noticed the creature nearby go to investigate the hot water pot. "Oh, I made it." That was her entire explanation - no matter that the place was essentially a gigantic hole in the ground with an entrance made of a hollow (and yet still quite living) tree. She just made it.
After a moment though she gave a soft yawn and rubbed at one of her eyes with a fist, smiling sheepishly at Rene. "I'm sorry, it's rather late Miss Rene. If you need a place to stay, the rooms are through there." She pointed a door next to the fireplace and then slid a key across the table to the girl. "Just find the door with the same number as that key. Excuse me now, good night." She stepped out from behind the bar, ruffling the creature's ears again as she passed him, but instead of taking the door she had indicated to Rene she entered the door on the opposing side of the hearth, a gust of herb-smelling air billowing forth before she closed the door behind her again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff