Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Conversationalist

Lilly Black Ethereal

Lilly struggled rather intently for more than a few minutes with the heavy door to the inn. A normal sized door for a pixie of her stature was quite often more than she could handle alone. Her tiny grunts of forced strength however were almost inaudible from more than a few feet away. She had mannaged after all this time to merely turn the knob on the door to open the latch that held the door firmly shut.

With a wave of her hand she called fourth a few small woodland creatures to help her open the door so that she could enter. Smiling at her victory over the door she turned and patted each of the animals on the head before lazily gliding off down the stairs on shimmering wings.

As she floated out into the main room of the inn, the bar, she looked about and saw that there were only a few people in the place at the moment. She smiled at this fact as larger more crowded rooms, for her, tended to end in her being hurt or god forbid stepped on.

With near no sound at all she drifted her way to the bar counter where she took to her feet and looked about again to see if anyone had seen her come in. Her shimmering purple and gold eyes gave off a soft glow in the dim lights of this place, but not to the extreme that it would instantly be noticed.

"Hello!" She near shouted into the room, which to a normal sized humanoid would be just barely a whisper if they stood outside of a ten foot area from her own position

Eloquent Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
And so it came to pass that Dayman, Champion of the Sun, trudged forth up the mountain pass quite gallantly towards an ivory castle in the distance. Many strange things had occurred on his most noble journey through the treacherous pass, and his dented and muddied armor reflected such. The man was in full on Blazing Sun regalia, heavily armored from head to toe in crusader fashioned knight plating, his helm fixated over by a massive symbol of the very star that beat down on his back now. Wiping his visor up, the haggard yet still mildly handsome gentleman brushed his gauntlet over his sweaty maw, bristling from a clean shave only two days passed. One that thing would strike out about the man's visage was thus:

Dayman was old. Wrinkles broke where scars from battles untold carved a face that had seen stories and written such tales in the hollows of memories, stored in a mind that let nothing go yet retained everything. "How much longer will you evade me Nightman? I know you lurk in these very woods...But wheeeere?" With bitter anguish he crushed his steely knuckles into his other palm, gritting his stained teeth until they crackled like old bones did when they wished to stop wandering, wished to only lie and wait for death.

But nay.

Dayman slapped his visor back down and patted his two-hander saddling his back with a reassuring huff. Did he not wear the cape of champions? Was he not a master of swordplay, of friendship, for everyone? His journey wouldn't end now, if ever. He rode for glory and chivalry, for peace and justice for all time, never running from a fight, and never killing unless the unjust deserved such a sudden fate..

His arm brushed a tree minutely, catching on something that stuck out rather queerly. A gaze back revealed that one of the many trees within the woods was actually..
"I say, a doorway?"

White eyebrows arched from under his gilded visor, Dayman perplexed at this happening and yet in the same moment intrigued. Such occurrences were not certainly uncommon in Gaia, a realm known for it's eccentric delights and dangers. With a steady hand, Dayman pressed his way into the doorway only to find a beautifully carved staircase..

Here, Dayman unsheathed his blade, the rune coated weapon of ages past shimmering with cobalt fire, an endless flame that bore over it's steel ceaselessly. With great care the Champion of the Sun began his descent, his blade guiding his way..

"Hmm.." The knight unsheathed his blade,
Rune chuckled as Tryan seemed rather perplexed with the whole idea of the shower, but after a moment she picked up a bar of soap from the side of the tub. It was the soap her husband usually used - she didn't want to completely emasculate the creature by using her own body wash on him, which was more than a little feminine. She lathered her hands with the soap, then showed him the results before carefully taking one of his wings in her hands and scrubbing out some of the grime on them, jerking her head in the direction of the brown and gray suds that slipped down the drain.
As she worked on washing the creature she noted a new presence in the bar, and sent a quick thought out to the newcomer. I'm sorry, I'm in one of the back rooms. If you'd like to come back here to chat, you're welcome to, but otherwise help yourself to anything in the bar, and I'll be out shortly. Unfortunately she hadn't thought to ask about her new guest's size. If she had, she might have realized that helping herself would be rather difficult.

Lilly Black Ethereal

Lilly was used to telepathic communication as that was more often than not most of the creatures of the Fey communicated with one another. She smiled as the voice spoke of comming into the back if she wished to meet this person face to face. Lilly would not do this simply for that fact that having grown up in the deep forest, and having travled far into the human cities, this sentance was usualy followed by some sort of evil trick. She would stay put if only for the moment and wait for her hostess to come out into the open before they decided to speek at length.

At this moment of thinking another being entered the bar room of the in. Clicking and clanking loudly in his armor, an older gentalman made his way into the light with a magic sword drawn tight into his hands. He was tall, and very large compaired to the height of eight inches that Lilly found herself comfortably resting at all full grown as she was.

"Hello!" Lilly adressed the man as she flitted into the air from the bar

She slipped through the space between her and the man in a short span of time, one might measure in the blink of an eye. She was shrouded lightly in a purple glow as her wings beat the air behind her furiously behind her. She looked the man in the eye for a moment before smling lightly and giving a bow as she hovered ther in the air before him.

"Hi, my name is Lilly." she stated with a child like innocence
Tryan-Creature
The creature, now known to Rune as Tryan, looked over his shoulder at her, watching her scrub his wing for several long moments before facing front again. He sat in the water watching the suds disappear down the drain with fascination for quite some time before turning back again and sniffing at the soap. It smelled good enough, so he tried to lick it. and promptly discovered that it tasted horrible. So he tried instead to take it from her with one of his awkward four-fingered no-thumbs hand-paw. Meanwhile, he was completely unaware of their new guests.
Tryan-Creature
Rune smiled and allowed Tryan to take the soap from her, though she could tell it was an awkward thing for him to hold. She did her best to explain the process of bathing with images - how he should try to scrub all over, even in little nooks and crannies, and how he'd feel nice once he was done. She smiled and gave another mental nudge, indicating she'd be right back, and left the room, heading back for the bar.
She was glad to see some new faces in the room, though she imagined she was quite a sight - after all, she was damp and a little grimy up to the elbows, and she was wearing just undergarments and one of her husband's button-up shirts... which wasn't buttoned up very well. Nonetheless she smiled warmly at her new guests, apparently unperturbed by their appearances, and bowed slightly. "Hello there, sorry for my delay. My name is Rune Verdante, welcome to the Wendigo."

((Sorry I am waiting to see if DAYMAN will respond to my post?))

(Ima gove you ten minutes DAYMAN from now))
((no worries))

Lilly Black Ethereal

Lilly Flitted away from the center of the room without a second thought. A small purple glowing trail flowed behind the seemingly young pixie as she moved over to haver before the hostess. She stopped about a foot in front of Rune's face, a common distance to seem relavent to her small statured people. For her that foot was the length of one of the tallest pixies to ever live and more than a suitable distance apart from ones speaking companion.

She smiled and extended a deep bow to the lady owner of the inn, and her hostess before taking a moment to look over the woman. She seemed rather a bit too comfortable in her undergarment type attaire for Lilly's taste, but she was not one for hard set assuptions as she was never in the power position to be the judge of others, seengs as most things in the world were at least twenty times her size.

"How are you tonigh, I am Lilly miss Rune and I feel welcomed." She said in what seemed to be a bit of an akward strech of words she was not used to consorting with those outside her own race in any other manner than fear and shouting.
Rune chuckled softly at the little pixie's bow and then nodded, clasping her hands in front of herself. "Glad to hear that, it's nice to meet you Lilly." She smiled warmly, then moved to the sink behind the counter to scrub off her arms, since they were still a bit of a mess. "I'm sorry for the delay, I was helping a friend in one of the rooms. Can I get you something?" She dried her wet hands on a dishtowel and then turned back to her guest. She supposed she should be glad to have a guest smaller than she was - having just made it to five feet tall, Rune was usually the shortest one in the room.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dayman gasped, slinging his blade blindly at the supposed Wil-o-Wisp coming to claim his tired soul. The Point of Righteousness would sail through the air, whistling like only cold steel turned steaming hot could. The darkness was cut with the sailing blade's song, and the warrior of the Sun's visor was lit up in one dazzling instant. "What devilry is this? The Nightman cometh?" He barked, eyes crossing in near confusion at the puny flying creature directly in his face. "It speaks?.."

Years of training and slaying told Dayman to sheath his blade then. There was nothing of harm down here, lest it be ancient magicks older than his armor, which he very much doubted. He had searched through ruins untold and across lands uncharted to acquire the magicks and tomes to set within his very armor, and such arcane might was deeply guarded by forces yet unknown to most mortal men. This fae-like being? Indigo ripples played across the flaxen edges of Dayman's helm, a weary hand sheathing away his blade, the other plying his helmet off for a better look around.

The face revealed was riddled with burn marks and scars of battle, of slashes from Were-kin claws and bite marks from vampire cur. Along his left eyebrow lay an immense scar like a trench, playing until the bridge of his nose and no more. His eyes were a striking blue, like a storm held out on the edge of a bay, constantly crashing and swirling but never ceasing to stand it's ground. He had very little hair left, the few strands baring to his scalp ghost white. The glow from the flitting creature caused Dayman's keen eyes to squint, a slight smile tipping his cracked lips.

"Why hello there...Lily? I am Dayman. Is this your home?"

Lilly Black Ethereal

"No it's hers." Lilly said pinting to Rune with one insignificant little finger as she drifted off twords the bar watching rune with a smile she broadcast a thought through the air and into Rune's own mind

Hes a little slow isn't he She then laughed a little and looked back to the old man with a nod

"Come you must have a drink with us then and rest your tired bones." She spoke her voice now magicaly altered to give it the volume of a normal humans in such a large space

The magic that altered her voice however gave off an ominous undertone as well. Since her voice was not projected from her own mouth at this volume. The words simply floated in the air as if they were comming from the room itself. This as Lilly had learned long ago tended to give people what humans called -the willies- she however never understood the phrase.

"Miss rune would you happen to have any Jasmine flower nectar or anything of the sort that I may partake of?" Lilly asked with the smallest little Pixie smile

She now stood atop the bar letting her wings rest for the moment and choosing to walk about on her own two feet. Most people found this to be rather adorable of her, again she never understood why. She assumed that it had something to do with her full height of eight inches being cute to begin with.
Tryan-Creature
Tryan did alright for himself with the soap. He dropped it several times before figuring out that he needed to do it double-handed, but he managed to get himself well soaked and covered in rapidly greying bubbles. He missed quite a few spots, lacking the range of motion and flexibility to reach most of his back. It was much less interesting when he was doing it himself, so really the other visitors were lucky he got as clean as he did or they might have had to put up with him still smelling like the forest floor.
He played in the water for a few minutes after washing, but even by the time he grew bored of that, there were a few bubbles remaining at odd intervals about his miss matched fur and feathers. Dragging himself out of the bath, he gave himself a good mighty shake to be rid of the excess water, and, leaving the shower running, trotted off to see what Rune had gotten up to.
Tryan-Creature
Rune chuckled at Lilly's request, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "Well, I do have some nectars, but I don't usually use them to serve to people." She held up a finger to indicate the pixie should wait a moment, then walked out from behind the bar and disappeared into the door opposite the one she had entered the bar by. It was only a few seconds later that she returned, holding a small jar filled with flower nectar. She'd also brought a thimble with her (she made sure it was clean inside first), for the fae to drink out of. Any of the glasses Rune had on had would have been far too large. "Here you go." She said, setting the jar and thimble down on the bar and opening the nectar so the girl could help herself. "I usually use this for making medicines, but I can always get more."
She turned as she noticed Tryan enter the room, looking quite a lot better for his shower. She sent him a nudge asking if he'd enjoyed the bath, and then a polite request to retrieve his plate from earlier for her - she figured it was better not to leave it on the floor.

Lilly Black Ethereal

"What is that?" Lilly asked looking over at the creature that had found it's way into th room

Her voice was not that of shock or fear but more of intrest as her eyes opened a bit wider in response to seeing such a thing. Oddly it was in a way cute, and in a way it also looked very dangerous as most creatures with beaks tend to have tendencies to case her about from time to time, owls were the worst about this as a matter of fact.

She then looked to the jar that had been placed before her. She smiled and picked up the thimble with both hands before flitting up to the edge of the jar and dipping what she assumed was to be her cup into the thick sauce like substance. She then flitted back to the counter top to look down at the creature once more.

"Its like a cat bird... thing." She said before taking a quick drink of the nectar her eyes never leaving Tryan

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff