Welcome to Gaia! ::

New announcement for regulars and staff!!

Regulars unite!! 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Staff... back to work! 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
Visitors, stay for free bread! 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Fourth option for everyone! *throws confetti* 0.5 50.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34 > >>

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

bink bink... bink... bzzzzz The cheap lighting jolted to life inside the inn's main parlor. The day had finally arrived, the day her inn would open to the public. Foolishly, the owner had thrown down every bit of her inheritance on purchasing the aging building and furnishings to make the place some what comfortable.

The wood tops of the bar and tables were freshly wiped down, free of dust and depress. Sunlight brilliantly danced off the glint of the glassware as they sat idly by waiting for their first patron. The ovens were still cooling off from the day's baked goods while the room smelled of freshly prepared bread. The preparations were all complete, all that was left to do was to fill the room with the sound of a lock being opened.

Click

Sanya stepped back, a large brilliant smile stretched across her face. Her cheeks rosy red with anticipation and the furry little cat ears atop her head twitching about nervously. The owner wore a cream colored dress down to her thighs with matching colored stockings and little boots. Each accented with light blue bows and ribbons. Under the dress however, was a cream colored shirt, featuring long sleeves that remained motionless by her side as she moved.

It was time, the inn was finally open and with the decision made and the choice for going back long since passed, the owner hopped up on table. With an excited emerald gaze on her face and her legs dangling off the side of the table, she waited for the first patron.

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Chloe was a beautiful young woman who lived in the city. She had moved there from her home town after her two young neices, Kirin and Rose, had moved out of her house and went of on there own adventures. She raised the two since they were little after they each lost there parents. She had raised them with care and loved every moment and missed the two terrible when they left. She had moved into the city to start a little adventure of her own.

She needed a job badly and when she came across this beautiful brand new inn. It was the sort of place she loved it had an old style charm to it even though it was a new. She walked into the inn and decided to ask for a job.

"Hello are you open I would like to ask for a job here."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

As the door creaked open, Sanya filled with anticipation. She began to squirm, rocking side to side waiting for her first customer. As the door opened, the outside street lamps filled the inn with it's fluorescent light, causing the her emerald eyes to glint like jewelery.

The girl raised an eyebrow at the customer, at least it's not some burly drunkard... she signed with relief. Before the owner could speak however, the female patron spoke a request at her. Sanya jumped off the table top and stood proudly, her feet spread out like a saluting military captain. "Oh ho Miss?! Do you think you have what it takes to work here? Wa-ha! I shall give you a single test and only one try at it. The test! You will quickly install new floor boards with bamboo panels that you must purchase yourself, create no less than five different coffee centric beverages, mop the floors and knit me a new hat! You have six minutes, go!"

Sanya did not move, still standing as if she was some sort of drill instructor. However her cheeks were puffed out as she tightly pressed her lips together. Try as she might, a snicker would escape out of the corner of her mouth before she finally busted out laughing hysterically. She bent over at the waist, feebly attempting to control her laughter. "ah-ha-ha-ha, I'm sorry... I couldn't resist! Right! You want to work here? Hmm, ok, well first off, what's your name Miss?"

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Chloe breathed a sigh of relief as she realized this young girl was joking. There was not much on that list she could do with her elegant form. "Pleased to make you acquaintance young miss my name is Chloe. I just recently moved to this city. I take it you must be the owner? Oh and even though you were only joking I can knit you a hat and prepare various drinks and baked goods if you wish?"

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"No need Miss Chloe! I have the baking under control! I'll have to give you a sample once we're done! Oh! You can call me Sanya!" Sanya nodded in approval before quickly spinning around to run and jump onto a couch. "Join me! So I can ask you all kinds of gossipy uncomfortably personal stuff that is not required anywhere else!"

Sanya sat up, biting her lower lip and staring at the ceiling in thought. She didn't give the lady much time to sit down next to her before firing out a rapid series of questions. "Can you use a rag? Do you know how to use hot liquids because I specifically stay away from hot liquids! Do you have children? What color is their hair? Do you know how to wrestle a bear in case we have some hooligans come in and start trouble? Do you have a bear as a pet perhaps? Will you be staying here in one of the rooms? There's no pay, ok? There's no vacation time either or sick days! That's ok though because there's no requirements except to take care of people and what they want!"

Sparkly Bunny

She took a deep breath exhaling the hot air out , the young female stood in front of the inn nothing to special about it an old man gave her the directions to the place , it was kind of him to help her out she didn't know anyone in this area . She was so tired from her travels that her body could give out on her at any moment feet aching protesting for rest .Miniature hands touching the small beanie that cover head to keep it warm and to hide a secret. Pulling her brown over sized cardigan around her tiny figure Eden slowly push the door open to the establishment . The warm air hitting her face she poked her head in bright light blue orbs looking around spotting two females before the rest of her body emerged from behind the door . Closing the thing silently as if she was on a top secret mission and didn't want anyone to see or hear her . Eden brushed the small strings of hair from her face softly tugging on the ends of her sleeves looking down at her brown leather boots. "Um, excuse me ..I was wondering if maybe..if maybe I could have a glass of warm milk and a room I have money ." Eden rushed her words as she was a very shy creature a bright blush showing on her pale face .

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Amused by Sanya's questions she answered them one by one while keeping her ever calm graceful manner. "Well let's see I am not very good at cleaning. I am excellent with hot liquids and use them everyday as I love warm drinks. I don't have children of my own but I did raise my two wonderful nieces. Kirin who is a werewolf has silky black hair and Rose who is a cat spirit has blonde hair but her ears tail and cat form have snow white fur. I don't know how t wrestle a bear but I can change into a large fox, as you can see by my tail and ears I am a fox spirit. I know how to fight off brutes. Yes I would love to stay here as I was living with a friend so I don't have a place of my own. And lastly I would certainly love to help with anything and the pay does not matter so long as I may stay here as earning my keep would be enough for me seeing as I come from a rich family. There now I think I have answered all of your questions young miss."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"Good enough to me I guess, wasn't really sure what I wanted to hear so congratulations Miss Chloe, welcome to the team! But no baking! I've got that under control!" It was then that the rambunctious owner heard the creek of the door and soon a shy voice rang out through the quiet room of the parlor.

"Oh! Miss Chloe!! Look! Customer!" Sanya sprang up, quick to her feet and hastily made her way over towards girl. "Hi hi! Welcome to the Blossom! I am the owner Sanya and that's Miss Chloe over there, the cheerful looking one." She quickly nudged her head towards Chloe's direction, as if she was pointing her out to the girl. "Ah, no need for money Miss, we operate on a... terrible business model of not making any money so don't worry about that! Now, if you go up the stairs you'll see a little box with a bunch of keys in it, they have numbers painted on them, well I tried painting numbers on them, most of them look like eastern symbolic language doo-dads. Take a key, find a room, stay as long as you'd like and then when you're ready to leave please just plop the key back into the box!"

Suddenly Sanya face twisted, biting the sides of her cheeks, "Excuse me for a second please!" Sanya very quickly ran back over towards the couch, almost tripping on leg of it as she ran by, too anxious by her first customer to pay attention to her footing. "Miss Chloe, psstt, hey, hey Miss Chloe! Can you warm up some milk please, I don't do well with hot liquids... plleeaasseee?"

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Some time had gone by since August had first experienced the thrills of inter-dimensional travel. By that, I mean it had been about a week since it first occurred. He was being flung from his own world, into strange new places with strange new people and strange new technology (A pattern, you see). It had become frequent enough that August could actually predict when the next event was going to occur and where by using a handy little device he'd put together. This allowed him to ensure that his supplies were all in order. On this occasion, his portal was a railway tunnel. Not one for his own railroad, but an older coal-powered locomotive line. He'd been able to bring his steam-bike with him on this excursion, and it was proving to be quite the asset.

It took him a few tries to get used to the traffic laws of this new world. Intersections were directed where August came from, by actual people and not automated lights or standing signs. Luckily, August could read the language, and he was quick to pick up on patterns. Of course, he attracted more than his fair share of gawkers by the odd nature of his vehicle. A pedal-powered steam engine that looked uncannily like a motorcycle. August's eyes were shielded from the wind by a pair of simple glass-and-metal goggles. The rest of his body, however, was not shielded quite so much. Yes, he wore a good amount of leather, but those weren't made much for riding. He had a leather cuirass strapped to his chest, hiding the beautiful quilted vest underneath and it's brass buttons. The tails could still be seen flapping at the front, and the baby blue silk from the inside of his collar. His gloves looked very warm, made from alternating tones of brown wool and decorated with thin golden chains at the wrist. The left hand had a watch attached to the glove, a bit over-sized to be a wrist watch. His boots looked thick and warm as well, the fur of his right boot visible against his leather breeches.

August had spent some hours this day just circling about the markets. He thought it a good idea to find a reliable way to refill his water reservoir on his vehicle without damaging the parts inside. Sure enough, the super market sold big plastic containers of filtered water, so the strange fellow could be seen with a few of these hanging from the sides of his bike. In time though, August began to tire of investigating his surroundings. The city was nice, but he wanted something a little more... quiet.

Enter The Wayward Blossom. August was just passing by on the street when he came across this quaint looking Inn and Bakery. The smell of fresh bread was one of Augusts favorite scents. It instantly caught his attention as he slowed his bike to take a glimpse at the front landing. Even if he chose not to stick about, at least he could stay for a while and partake in some of whatever was making that delicious smell. He couldn't help but notice the beautiful pink tree in the front yard. He wasn't quite sure what the tree was called exactly, but he found it pleasing to the eye. Over the smell of baked treats he couldn't discern the scent of the flowers themselves though. He passed the tree by with little more than a gaze, making his way up the steps and to the wrap-around style porch. (( Basing this off the front page image :3 )) He took some time to admire the careful wood-work, so out of place in a city full of concrete and glass panes. Paper panels in thin walls and old layered shingles. This place had some character to it, and August had a feeling it would stick with him for some time.

With an absent-minded sort of look in his eyes, taking in the sights before him, August walked on through the front door and stood for a moment. Just as he'd thought, a bakery. This brought a smile to his face, or half of it actually. While August was grinning on the right, the left side of his lips lay mostly still, only curling up in the slightest bit, hardly noticeable. He was a handsome sort of man, save for the scarring on his face. Not terribly tall, though, and his hair was rather messy from not wearing any head-gear on his bike. A creamy blonde tone atop his head, his eyebrows a similar, yet darker tone. Brown eyes set within his head, and in certain lighting the amber over-tones were well visible along with flecks of orange/gold. At his hips were two weapons in particular, an exquisitely crafted rapier and a rather plain looking dagger. Other tools also hung around his waist consisting mostly of tiny screw drivers and clamps used in watch-making or jewelry repair. His appearance aside, August took his time looking around the room. The floor was well kept, but the walls seemed to need some work done. Perhaps a re-papering, as some portions looked as if to be peeling up. August was familiar with this sort of thing, as it was pretty common in his own apartment.

tl:dr; August walked in with a smile on his half-paralyzed face. He hasn't said anything, but he looks very curious. And well armed.

Sparkly Bunny

Eden eyes widen just a little as she listened to the owner of the establishment she wanted to shy away from her maybe hide behind the couch or under the counter or maybe pull her cardigan over her head. She licked at her dry pouty red lips ,Eden wasn't use to very friendly people it made her some what uneasy as if she was dreaming this whole thing . "Thank you , Miss Sanya you are very kind if there is anything I can do to help out around the place please do tell." She said in soft voice bowing deeply to the female a really low one , Eden didn't feel her beanie fall off exposing snow white bunny ears the same color as her short bobbed hair happy to be out of their jail the two things of fluff twitched and moved . Straightening herself up she looked over to other lady and smiled "Very nice to meet you Miss Chole , I'm Eden by the way." The small fragile looking girl found a chair to relax on she would look for her room later , at this very moment in time she just needed to sit walking for days without hardly any sleep or food can drain a person.

Settling in finally comfortable Eden took the time to take in the her surroundings , the room was very plain , but inviting she liked it nothing to fancy in your face . She jumped a little at the sound of the door opening it was a male immediately her eyes fell to the wooden floor , ears falling limp on her head . She waited silently for her milk .

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Eden Desu
Chloe was glad to know that she could work here and have a place to stay. She smilied at the very quiet new girl who walked in she seemed very frail. Chloe was about to get up to go over to her when Sanya ran over to her first but then as soon as she was finished she came right back. Nearly tripping she asked Chloe to make the girl some warm milk. She walked over behind the bar counter and grabbed a cute looking mug with hearts on it and then took some milk out of the fridge and poured it into a small kettle on the stove and heated it up. When it was done she carefully poured the milk into the mug and but a little sugar in it figuring it would suit the tastes of this girl. She sat it on the counter and motioned for the girl to come over. "Here you are miss please come over and sit down you feet must hurt as you look exhausted."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Seeing someone else take care of customers to her request made Sanya feel happy inside, her dream had really come true. Leaning against the couch but still standing, she looked through out her little business now starting to bustle with life as the door opened once more.

A gruff yet odd looking man had walked through. The first of things that she noticed were the weapons, she instantly felt the need to get up and approach the figure, setting the rules straight. "Good evening sir, welcome to the blossom! Um, I will need you to make sure those pointy sharp things well hid." The furry little cat tail behind Sanya's back was now swiftly swaying from side to side. Her gaze inviting but she was trying to be stern, which in turn gave her an odd look from the combination of a scrunched up face and smile. "As long as there's no trouble, we have free rooms and if you'd like something to eat or something cold to drink I can help out! ....hot drinks are created by her." Again she nodded her head towards Chloe as to point her out. "I'm not burning myself again with boiling water. Oh no no! It was days before I could even pick something up again! ...walking was terrible that time."

Sparkly Bunny

Eden clapped her hands together , boy did she love warm milk and the mug that it was in was to die for so cute she wanted to squeal. She held in her excitement over the mug taking her place at the counter , Eden was short for an adult so her miniature size feet dangled it was kinda nice because it took the pressure off them .Moving from side to side Eden hassle with kicking her boots off letting them rest under her bar stool revealing pink socks with white dots on them. "Thank You again Miss Chole ." Looking down at the warm liquid before her , Eden's soft white bunny ears perking up she smiled forgetting about the worries that filled her mind . Sipping on the milk and soft Squee came from Eden "This is so good and yummy thank you so much Miss Chole !"

((Sorry, I kind a have writers block and sleepy sweatdrop ))

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Eden Desu
((Sorry, I kind a have writers block and sleepy sweatdrop ))

((No worries! If you're feeling too tired you can retire your character if you'd like and come back whenever you want!!))

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Noticing how much Eden liked the milk Chloe couldn't help but smile. "I'm glad it is to your liking miss Eden if you would like some more please don't hesitate to ask." She then turned her attention to this new man and giggled as Sanya tried to be stern with him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff