People Counted Since Grand Re-Opening

+1 1 100.0% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]

Shirtless Businessman

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Megathread 100
((I miss how you guys write novels. I have a LOT of reading to do. Missed you both more then I thought I would. Welcome back.))
User Image

Christine Elizabeth Leigh Sidhion
I Made a Deal With the Devil, My Life For His Sword...

She was tired. The kind of tired that ate away at you until all you once had, the smiles, the laughter, until of that was tired too. She slumped into the counter as she stifled a sob. Had he really just said that to her? Her eyes lifted, that soft jade green glittering as she shook her head, her entire form vibrating with emotions, humming with life as she stared. Keep your promise, or stay long enough to explain to your daughter why you must leave her again. I'm tired of being the bad guy. I'm tired of being the one trying to explain to that child why her father is gone. Why the gods can't just leave our family alone. Why I can't just have my damned husband at home where he belongs.

Her hands finally reached out, captured, drew him close to her as a broken sob slipped through. It was always like this, and sometimes, Christine wished for the war. The battles had distracted her, and time moved faster when all you had were seconds to live, to breathe your last breath. But when there wasn't war, when there wasn't a battle to be fought, it was like this. Her anger pent up, unable to be unleashed until he was home, until he was there, and by the gods how much time had been wasted on this same argument? Her hands bunched in his shirt as she pulled him into her, sobbing softly, silently, a fluid mess of sadness. I need you here. We need you here. Why don't they see that, why can't they just...I need you, Coen..

...I Walked Away With Both.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I know..." Riana replied softly, leaning into Aedan as his arms encircled her. That's why Riana hadn't been nearly as upset when he left this time around. It had taken her a long time to come to terms with the games the gods played, and it took her years to learn, but she finally had. And she had accepted it calmly and with as much grace as she could muster.
"I'm just glad you both are back,"
"Even you, dear sister."
"I know she did her best. I don't fault her, I don't blame her. It just...breaks my heart, what's happening to them." She murmured, her gaze trailing back towards the kitchen.
If... If Riana were to offer to take Dani... would it help...? She didn't want to bring it up, but the thought was there. It had been there for years, but Riana had never acted on it, because who was she to try to take a mother's child away from her...?

A sad smile came to Riana's face then, "Liam is just like you. A warrior all the way. Proficient with any weapon that he picks up, he seems to have a natural skill for it, and he has such a big heart... Aiden is way too much like myself. The gift of magic runs strong in him. He carries Isolde's old spell book around with him like it's some sort of lifeline. He studies entirely too much..." Carbon copy, indeed.
Riana regaled her fiance with stories from when the boys were young even as the yelling and fighting continued from the kitchen.
Damn them both for saying such things aloud, with the children well within ear shot. Riana would have to do damage control later...
Krojak
((I miss how you guys write novels. I have a LOT of reading to do. Missed you both more then I thought I would. Welcome back.))

(( Hey there bossman! It's good to be back. (: ))
User Image

Aedan James O'Bryan
War Has Never Decided What's Right or Wrong...

Aedan listened and smiled softly. Their sons, heirs to the O'Bryan legacy, demigods, mages, warriors. His lips brushed the top of Riana's head with a quiet chuckle, a soft promise edging around his words. You cannot protect them forever, my love. Our family will always be tied up with the gods and their wills, and the sooner the children realize it, the better and easier it will all be. It was with a heavy sigh that he shifted, drawing Riana onto his lap so that he could hold her against his form, so that he could better enjoy her small, lithe body. I do not wish to ruin their innocence any more than you, but you and Coen were both young when danger first touched your life, and I would hate for that same danger to touch ours and our children find themselves unprepared for it.

His fingers locked in her curls as lips found hers in a soft, chaste kiss. No, he didn't want to ruin their childhood, their freedom, but he had seen all too well what a surprise attack could do to children. His head rested upon her shoulder, nestled into her throat as he held her. What about Carowyn? She's turned into quite the young lady..

...Only Who Lives and Dies.

It was the same tired argument they always got into whenever he managed to get time away. But, at least, this time, Coen had said something that had hit home. His brother had once told him that Chris needed a good hard dose of truth and reality in order to bring her down from a tantrum. The fact that Coen said he could easily turn his un-life in to a permanent state of death had been the thing to hit home. He absolutely hated himself for saying it, but as Christine came apart, as the anger melted away to sadness... it was something that needed to be said.

Gathering his wife in his arms, Coen held her tightly against him, murmuring into her hair, "I'm not going anywhere." And he had three days to make those words true. Damn the gods and their games. Coen knew that if he couldn't uphold his promise that he ran the risk of losing his child, and his wife forever. And that thought terrified him.
User Image

Christine Elizabeth Leigh Sidhion
I Made a Deal With the Devil, My Life For His Sword...

It was then that Christine suffered through the thought that all mothers with teenage daughters suffers through at one point. Her voice is soft, a stifled, teary groan as she slides slender, scarred arms around her husband, her head rested on his shoulder. She hates me, doesn't she? And who wouldn't? Chris had gone out of her way to avoid the daughter that reminded her so much of the husband she barely knew anymore. Her hands smoothed up his back as she uttered another little noise, form trembling, arms refusing to let go. How do we fix this, Coen? I want our home back. I want our family and I want all the gods to go right to hell and never return. We've done enough. We've done more than enough at every turn. Her voice was soft, tired and filled with dread. Truly. Had they not served their time?

...I Walked Away With Both.
(( I'll get some posts up later this evening. Munchkin has a doctor's appointment. ))
(( Mkay. I have some work to do and I need to sleep, because haven't yet and tired and hnnnnng))

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[[O.o I missed many pages while I've been gone for a week.....]]
((Yar...indeed.))

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
HommeLibre
((Yar...indeed.))
[['ello Hommelibre. smile ]]
HippiePeach

((Long time no see, HippePeach!))

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[[I've been....away. however I have returned. Was I missed? whee ]]
((Of course you was! Most of the new folk have been absent for about the same time. Myself included.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff