Welcome to Gaia! ::

People Counted Since Grand Re-Opening

+1 1 100.0% [ 53 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]

User Image

Isolde Myrand O’Bryan

That feeling of need to torment or torture slipped away as Isolde spun her gaze from the firepit to the boy who’d just appeared. She reacted without thinking, her limber form, darting from the couch to the door quickly, lithely, easily as her hands come to rest on the boys shoulders.

As queen, she’d been the first to react, always. She was the first to answer distress, pain, suffering, and the last to leave when it had been dealt with. Now, her mind pushed back the memories of times where none had aided her and instead, in the soft siren’s voice that had been soothing to ears, she met the boys gaze.

What is it?
The boy's voice wobbled, "I-it's m-my sister... P-p-please can you help her?" Eyes shown with unshed tears as he looked up at the woman, then back down at his sister. Tearing away a section of his shirt, he pressed it to her wound, the linen quickly soaking through with blood.

The girl cracked an eye open, the same vibrant shade of blue as her brother's. "Coen.." Her voice was barely above a whisper, "No... We don't know this land, these people."

The boy sat back on his knees, "But... But Ri... You're bleeding, really bad. You need help..." He looked up at the woman again, pushing his hair away from his eyes, smearing the golden strands with his sister's blood, "Please, m'lady, can you help me?"
User Image

Isolde Myrand O’Bryan

It took Isolde’s self control to not outright laugh at the respect. How long had it been since she had been called a lady? Her eyes glittered as she peered down at the child in the child’s arms. Gently, her arms, somehow stronger than they looked, lifted the little girl and pressed her close. Isolde forced her reflexes not to repulse as blood soaked the richly lined silks of her clothing as she carried the child, murmuring softly like a mother to a daughter.

Have no fears, little one, you will be well and safe.

Isolde’s smile was warm as it came. Gently, carefully, she laid Ri on the couch and removed the clothes that covered the wound. It was deep, and though she had lost an amount of blood, it would not be fatal. A pin was drawn from Isolde’s hair as her golden gaze fell on the bartends, a softer look than the cold calculations of the night prior. They all looked busy and it took a , moment of impatience for Isolde to stand, cross the room and fetch the addends she needed to aide. She would make mental note to pay th ekeep later for th epatience of having a woman invade his bar in such a way.

When she returned to the child, a small glass of whiskey, a cloth, and a thread from her own gown in hand, she could only smile weakly.

This will hurt a bit little one, please...be brave...

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Contorted realities bounce between paradise and hell
The eyes follow me
Around the corners, behind eyelids
I scream for silence . . .

Ғorget ϻe

Roman awoke in his rusty old bed, a loud creek was heard every time he made a movement, of course he wouldn't get the best bed, at least it was better than the bed he had before. He sat up, the loose and obviously used pajamas hung loosely around his waist, his bare torso cut from years of serving, scars of pain. . .and suffering. He jumped off of the bed, his feet leaving a loud creek as well, he guessed it was because of the floorboards, instead of some stupid theory of his bones cracking. He jumped to work without hesitation, buttoning his uniform as he went down the stairs. He swore as he saw that he was late. "Crap. . ." he muttered under his breath. Where he was from, this lateness was punishable by a beating. He was paranoid, waiting for a bat or whip to crack him in the back.

Яoϻaɳ

. . .Any silence, but this crashing insanity
Every motion whispers my death
Your knife is waiting for me
"C-Coen..." The girl was dainty, tiny compared to her twin. She opened her eyes, chancing another look at the woman before her. She sucked in a breath between clenched teeth as the bloodstained cloths were removed from the wound. Each breath was laced with pain. "Why do you--"

"Ri, just let her..." The boy grabbed his sister's hand carefully and held it in his own. "Please, Riana? Let her help us? If.. If you're worried about paying her, we have the means to. Mother and Father--" The sentence died on his lips as he looked at the golden, shimmering lady and nodded, "We can pay you."

Even in pain, the girl made a noise of irritation.

"Squeeze my hand, Ri."

Pale fingers grasped tanned ones, and the girl shut her eyes tight, waiting.
User Image

Isolde Myrand O’Bryan

Isolde shook her head, her voice light and almost irritated at the thought of the children paying her.

You will do no such thing. You’re childs. You have no business needing to pay for aide.

Her hands worked steadily. She poured whiskey into the cloth and slowly began to clean the wound, humming an old gaelic tune as if that would sooth the pain away. Her hands, though steady moved quickly as they cleaned. She sterilized the needle and threaded it before taking a silent moment to pray.

It took her all of ten minutes to clean, sew and bandage the wounds. All with her own silks, a cloth and whiskey. She’d spent the entirety of the endeavor humming or whispering soft reassurances as she worked. Her hands smoothed over the bandage before she settled back on her knees, her eyes lifting to the young boy. Children. They were children with no parents. That much she was sure of. Her heart ached for them, and for the first time in three years, Isolde felt a hot compassion burning through her.

You two will stay here until the storm passes through…I’ll pay for the room if need be, but you won’t go out into it..not alone…

There was a soft command in her voice as her golden-moss eyes met the little girls.

User Image

▬▬▬ ℓαηα тυяηєя ▬▬▬

Lana pushed her glass back and looked up at the man behind the bar. She brushed her hair away from her face and smile softly.
"Lana Turner," she said and sat up, her legs still crossed delicately across one another. "..and yes, that sounds lovely. Do you serve pasta?" she asked, less serious now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Coen's eyes went wide. His mouth worked, but no sound came. He looked down at his twin, asking for silent assistance. It was obvious who the 'leader' of this duo was. Who the brains and brawn were. ... Who the stubborn one was.

"As much as it pains me to accept charity, in this instance it's a need. I'm not fit to travel again for a few days, at least." The girl sounded years older beyond what she actually was. "Coen.."

The older twin came around the side of the couch, and helped prop his sister up, mindful of the neat, delicate stitches through her abdomen. "Looks like that'll scar pretty good, Ri..."

A sigh of irritation. "I'm Riana, and my brother is Coen. We are in your debt. Th--... Thank you, for stitching me up. For helping us..."

"If you need anything done, m'lady, please ask me! Riana can't do very much, all she does really is study...She's training to be a healer! But... but I can do things for you, so please don't he--..hes--"

"Hesitate to ask him..." Riana finished. A blush touched her cheeks as she lowered her head.
((I wonder if players are allowed to act as barkeeps if none are around??))
User Image

Destiny Nightingale
----Here comes the rain...----

Destiny whipped around to the sound of children's cries. Quickly she stepped up to the orphans, tripping over her own feet before getting up again and brushing herself off. After mumbling something about how clumsy she was, she let out a gasp, staring at the now bandaged girl. "Goodness! What happened?! Who did this to you!?" She shouted, crouching to the girl's height.

User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image
User Image

Isolde Myrand O’Bryan

It suddenly struck Isolde why these two hit home so well. The little girl reminded her of a much, much younger self. One who had dedicated her life to studies, to learning. She had at one point or another had a protector much like Riana’s brother. With a soft smile, Isolde shook her head and placed a soft, tender kiss to both children’s foreheads as she stood.

No debt need be paid. Just…be children…

Her smile was sad, soft and tender like the kisses she’d placed to the children’s heads. For a moment she stepped away, handing the clothe, now bloody, and the glass, half full, to the man who’d come down the stairs. Her voice was soft and quiet as she spoke to him. Her eyes filled with a haunting gaze as her hand came to his jaw in a soft touch.

If you could please…take care of these. I will pay for the cloth as I am sure it is useless now..and the whiskey if need be, just..please dispose of them.

With a soft smile, she turned back to the children, each step slow and thought of. Once more she took a seat on the floor in front of both, her hands folding neatly in her lap after brushing away soft curls.

I am Isolde Myrand O’Bryan…Once Queen of a small area in Ireland…Please, Simply call me Isolde…

Her smile was gentle as she watched the two. Her mind flittered to times long past. She’d once dreamt of having children, and as her mind found those memories and dreams once more, one hand absently tucked the marred blonde hair of Coen’s back. They were simply children, and from the sight of them alone, had already seen the face of hell in the darkest of ways. Part of her considered taking them into her charge. She considered protecting them, allowing them to grow carefree, but the intelligence in Isolde reminded her that she knew little of the children.

How is it you came upon this injury, Riana?
Coen looked up at the lady who tripped. ... What had happened? The last thing Coen remembered was being shoved through the Void after his sister and...Then the running, and then... Finding himself here. "Ri...?" He looked at his twin.

"I don't remember, either..." She said quietly, leaning against her brother's solid form. Long, thin fingers absently stroked a pendant that hung around her neck. "That bothers me..." She whispered to no one in particular.
User Image

Isolde Myrand O’Bryan

Isolde’s gaze met the woman who too had drawn near. There was a quiet moment, a look of worry that crossed her gaze before she turned back to the siblings on the couch.

Let us hope whatever happens does not again. For now you are safe…

For always. Isolde silent promised herself. She knew nothing of the children but the leader in her, the protector in her, made her promise they would never know pain like that again.
Soft, steady breaths came from Coen's right as he put a protective arm around his sister, who had fallen asleep beside him.

Brows knit together in deep thought. It bothered him too. The not remembering. There were so many broken links in the chain of memories. "There was a war...No, just a battle." He said quietly, his sight focused on a knot in one of the floorboards. "Father and mother are both leaders in the General's army. Mother is a master of deception. She was an assassin before she turned her life around, and Father... Father is a warrior, like how I am training to be..." He was just talking, now. Trying to not forget. He didn't want to forget anymore than he already had. "But... I don't know...if they're still alive...I have to--.."

"No..." She murmured, grabbing onto the tattered remains of Coen's shirt. "Mother..." A wince, and a couple moments of fitful tossing before the girl settled back down.

Coen shook his head, jarring himself from the trance he put himself in. He stroked his sibling's strawberry blonde head. "It's important that I leave as soon as I can... I have to find my parents." He looked at Isolde, and then the other woman. "Would... could you take care of Ri, until I come back?"
((So i can just post....?.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces