Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~
Appearance: X

"Ah, thank you..." He replied, taking the glass she slid towards him. A small smile before he shook his head at her questions and offering of medication. "I'm okay, just... heady. I'm something of a lightweight, I don't drink alcohol often so I guess my tolerance is very low. Just.." How did you explain the sensation? "Like my head is heavy, and my thoughts are thick." Tipsy, most likely. Plus, he felt as if he was growing warmer. He wasn't about to pass out, but the drink was definitely affecting him. After taking a sip of the cool water, he set the glass back down on the bar before moving his hands to undo the buttons to his suit-jacket, fumbling with it for a second before correctly unhooking the button and resting the jacket on the back of the stool he was sitting on.

With that done, it meant he could lean forward, fold his arms before placing them on the bar and rest his head ontop of his folded arms, using them as a cushion. It meant he could still face his head in her direction while keeping himself comfy, if a little odd of position. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine in a bit. I'd head home to rest, but I don't think driving is wise at this point." He mused aloud. A thought struck, she might not want him here if he was drinking too much... "If need be, I can call my butler to come pick me up, I'm sure he won't mind. Wouldn't be the first time he's come to my rescue." He smiled dreamily, blinking slowly. Yeah, definitely tipsy. He was letting slip information he wouldn't normally say, and the fidgeting sensation was growing more within his chest, unseen from the outside though.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

Nyx wasn't convinced, but she also knew being too pushy could make things uncomfortable so she let it be. For now. However she was going to watch him like a hawk. Matching his position - though on her side of the bar, she blew a stray bang of sapphire hair out of the way before looking across the counter top to him. "Alright, but as soon as you want anything just let me know. Cab, butler, a room upstairs, absolutely whatever." Well how was that, her first customer of the day - and one of the cuter to come around ever - with a brain and everything - and he was sick. And she felt it might be her fault. 'I'm sorry, I probably should've asked how hard you prefer it - I seriously wasn't trying to, well, okay, my job is to get you drunk, but that wasn't my intent with one drink, you know?"

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

A soft, quiet laugh left Cirrus with her last sentence. A small verbal conundrum that was a little amusing. "It's not your fault, I probably shouldn't have ordered such a tall drink. I'll get something smaller, like a mojito or a martini next time. The drink was perfect." His speech was a little slower than normal, as if he had to actually concentrate to get the words out. Definitely tipsy. It wouldn't go much further than this, however - he wasn't going to get drunk off of one drink, but tipsy was most certainly within reason.

As Nyx mirrored his own posture, Cirrus blinked and met her gaze with a small smile. Silence for a few seconds before he mumbled a "Hello." No particular reason, just that it felt like a good thing to say at the time, which he immediately regretted and silently cursed the little voice that said "Get a tall drink" when he was deciding on his order. "Er." A small pause. "Yeah, definitely just the one drink... any more and I'll be saying even more embarrassing things... not ideal, since I like you, and I'd rather not put both feet in my mouth so early into meeting you." Two slow blinks, as if he were considering something. "A room might be best. I'll send a text to make sure Wallace" presumably the Butler, "isn't worrying about me."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

Now that made her smile again. Well, maybe it was the cute little 'hello'. Or the fact that he admitted he 'liked her'. Or maybe the fact he was agreeing to let her help him, in at least a small way. In any case, she was beaming again. "So~ spill - is your butler like Alfred, from Batman? or is he more of a mysterious-like demon butler?" She asked, simply teasing right now. She wanted to see if she could make him laugh, which was her idea of healing in a bar. "If I had a butler, I'd dearly want him to be Michael Caine."

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

So she was familiar with demons? Well, perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to keep it all inside then. A smirk met the man's lips as he nodded in his sideways position, blinking twice before meeting her gaze once more. "He's Human, old and has been looking after me for almost all my life, kind of like Alfred... but he's also an assistant and he keeps an eye on me, making sure I'm okay when my mood swings kick in." A light huff. "Plus there's the problem that I have, though he says they make him uncomfortable." Yeah, definitely a little more free with his words now. There was no fidget from within, only knowing that if she inquired then he would show her and they'd get to stretch out comfortably once again.

"I think Michael Caine would make a great Butler..." Cirrus agreed, smiling before closing his eyes. "Imagine that accent speaking to you whenever you had a conversation." A small grin before he opened one eye, meeting Nyx's gaze again. "I'll have to show you my house some time. It's... old, but nice. And Wallace says I need to invite some people over once in a while or the house gets darker."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

Reaching back with one hand she moved some of her hair - it always seemed to have a mind of it's own - from tickling the end of one of her elven ears, before returning to mimicking Cirrus, which was proving to be fun. "I think he'd get very bored of me just smiling at him all day as I listen to him talk for hours." She chuckled, piping down each time Cirrus wanted to talk. The poor guy...it really did seem to be hitting him kind of hard. Though it really made her wonder...if he was actually more drunk, would he pass out or would there be a party hard phase in there? Alcohol did weird things to people. Hmmm...his 'problem', huh? Now what could that be? Should she pry? Maybe not... "So~ butler means~ a big old house? Like a mansion?" He said dark, and, well, it was expensive to light big houses all the time. Though he probably meant less cheery. "Does Wallace have your accent too? It's very nice."

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

Nyx's statement of Wallace becoming bored with her rose a smile to his lips. "Not likely." He replied, smirking. "He encourages me to get out more and meet new people, so I think he'd try to get you to stay for as long as possible so I'm not alone as usual." That sounded a lot more pathetic than he'd meant it to be, so the Englishman wrinkled his nose for a second. The house? "Eh, it's okay. Not really a mansion, more like... a big house. It's old, looks more like a museum than a house." Cirrus closed his eyes, though they did not open a few moments later as he usually did. Sleepiness was setting on him, most likely fueled by the alcohol.

"He doesn't have my accent, it's more regional. Wallace is from South London." Cirrus explained. "Very thick accent." He added, opening his eyes faintly to meet Nyx's gaze once more, holding it for a couple seconds before closing his eyes once more, settling nicely. A few moments pause before he added - "I believe I'm falling asleep." As if it wasn't obvious enough.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

Watching him go in and out of conversation was absolutely adorable, and she had moved her face enough that it was hidden behind one of her arms so he didn't think she was laughing at him. She really wasn't, not in a mean way. He just...was so cute. "Yea, I think you are." She agreed, her smile betraying what laughter she'd hidden entirely. Pushing herself up, she slid off her stool and turned to the back of the bar to grab a set of keys for one of the empty rooms upstairs. She of course lived here, but everything else was open. "Well, my bar isn't exactly a big fancy house, but it does the trick - best part, it's cleaner than most other places. I bought new furnishings and had the rooms re-done before opening." She rambled a little, walking around the counter to approach him from his left, holding out the keys for him. "It'll certainly beat melding with my bar counter, I promise." She chuckled, wondering if he was going to be all right or if he was going to need help up the steps.

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

"I dunno, it is a comfy counter..." He jest, smirking before opening his eyes and sitting up lightly, stretching, and then pulling his jacket clumsily off the stool and up so that it would rest on his shoulders. No way he'd attempt to put the sleeves on. "It's a fantastic place, don't sell yourself short." Cirrus responds to the "Not a big fancy house" comment. He slides off the stool, testing his balance; a little wobbly, but otherwise okay. With a small, determined nod, Cirrus pocketed the keys and bowed his head to Nyx in thanks. "Thank you, I believe I will be okay." That was... questionable, but he would not turn away assistance if she wanted to give it.

The Englishman was suddenly hit with the realisation that he had no idea where to go or what room he was supposed to be in. "Um." He began, blinking slowly before turning his sleepy gaze to Nyx while he pulled the keys from his pocket, looking for a number or token on the keyring that might give him an answer as to what room he was supposed to be in.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

Watching him, she was starting to get a little worried again. You know, it's a good thing he's so nice....he could've been some scary business dude and wanted to sue me for a stiff drink or...something... She told herself, really glad he didn't think she'd done this to him. It was like he was a little drugged, not that she had anything like that in this place. At all. Ever. But now her imagination was going a bit wild and she was actually questioning what she'd put in his drink. "You're in room five, which is across the hall from my room, number three, if you need anything..." She told him, pointing to the little gold tag on the keyring that had the correct number on it. Her room was always locked, so guests didn't stumble into it. but right now she was just really worried about him getting up the stairs. "Do you, um, do you wanna lean on me till you're upstairs?" She asked, not wanting to be too pushy but Cirrus seemed so out of it, and guilt was washing over her again. But not before another thought from her wild imagination popped in. Good thing I'm so nice, it would be so easy to konk him on the head and just keep him forever. Unless Wallace IS a demon butler and comes to kidnap him back...huh.

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

"I, um..." He began, blinking as he turned his gaze to the stairs, thinking. He could take her up on the offer, but if he stumbled and accidentally took her with him, he'd probably end up offering his services here as an employee to make up for it. Though the likelihood of him actually falling over his own feet was increased without her assistance. Jeez, all this after one drink. He really was a lightweight. Truth be told, it had been a couple years since he'd even touched an alcoholic drink. Not even wine. A cocktail, in hindsight, probably wasn't the best place to start.

"I would like some assistance, if possible... I-I don't want to overpush my welcome, though." He assured, shaking his head lightly as he moved to adjust his tie. "If I'm being a burden, just say and I can have Wallace come pick me up." Annoying Nyx was the last thing he wanted to do - the first friend he'd met in a long while, offending and seeming as if he were taking her for granted would make him a recluse for months.

(( Post quality slipping... falling asleep! D: ))

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
King Redly

"Hey, no, shhh~ dude, it's totally okay. here." She was very respectful of his person while gently putting her arm on his back, encouraging him to put an arm across her shoulders. "It's just the stairs, it's no big deal. If you want you can call Wallace from your room - but right now let's just focus on getting you to bed, alright? And I promise, I totally won't take advantage of you while doing it." She winked, hoping to put him at ease but she really couldn't help the teasing. Though the teasing was better than her mind continuing the scenerio of Wallace demanding Cirrus back. How does one fight a demon butler any ways? You dont, really, do you? I mean unless you're a demon...hmm. Nope, that could be tough. It was a little surprising her buzzed mind wasn't undressing the poor guy needing to lean on her, but that just meant he was more than a customer, and more than eye candy. And, hopefully, as his friend, she hoped not to scare him away with how upfront she was - especially with the teasing.

(( It's alright, we're almost done, lol. Btw, I'm almost always online in the late afternoon to evenings, and all weekend - unless kidnapped - in case you were wondering what the 'open' times were for the place.))

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image
~ Cirrus ~

"Ha, "taking advantage of"." Though from his tone of voice, it might be a wonder as to joking that she definitely wouldn't... or if he were joking that he wouldn't exactly resist it. He put his arm around her waist, politely making sure that it wouldn't drift down to her hip on their way up, and allowed her to help him as she offered. When they reached his door, Cirrus unlocked the door, pleasantly said his many "thank you"'s and "good night, Nyx"'s before eventually entering and closing the door behind him. A "click" a few seconds later signaled that he had locked it behind him despite an internal argument that made him question whether or not he should. Why would you keep it unlocked? Not like she's going to come in. Why am I even thinking like this? Urgh, never drink again, this is too confusing.

With a small sigh, Cirrus flopped forward onto his bed. He didn't bother to undress, simply falling asleep where he lay merely moments later.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

After saying goodnight as many times, just for fun, it was all she could do to not burst out in laughter before quietly removing herself from the hallway and going back downstairs. She truly wasn't a cruel person, but she was left alone a lot and that did things to a person. She was her own comedian and audience, and sometimes she couldn't help herself. Some thought she was crazy, or just plain rude or mean, but it really wasn't the case. She was high functioning, which presented the issue of being bored easily. Cirrus, though it wasn't his intent, had saved her from an evening that would've been very boring, very, very quickly if he hadn't showed up. And, she'd managed to befriend him, which wasn't something she often managed to do. So it was a good night, even though her one customer got too drunk too fast and was now out cold.

Humming to herself, she didn't really miss a beat though, wiping up the counter and then washing their glasses. Hanging those up to dry, she then went to the door and flicked off her 'open' sign, and then started flicking off more lights. It was only Thursday though, Friday nights were better. So with everything cleaned and closed up, she went back upstairs to her room - though not without lingering to look at the door to Cirrus' room. And not for anything naughty! She just wanted him to be okay. So she would just have to check his pulse in the morning and be happy with that. Or sad. And how then would she explain that to the demon-butler Wallace - even though Cirrus never confirmed any demonic quality about his butler, it was now an expectation in her mind - and survive? "Hmm...maybe I should pull the old bow out...I mean, I can't go down without a fight, short as that fight might be..." She muttered to herself as she went into her room.

At least she was honest with herself as she mused about fantastic battles she had no part in any longer. Ah, well, new adventure tomorrow, eh?

Lightbringer

Here there came a traveler, strange and small
He inspected windows, roof, and even the wall
But since all were closed, he found himself the door
The little one listened, and heard not peep or snore
Surely there were guests, in a place so fine and all
And it was up to the wee one to offer a wake up call
Rap-tap-tap the little one knocked
And patiently did he wait for the turn of the lock
For the small one had no arms, nor could he speak
For he had black feathers for limbs, and a little black beak
On the doorstep he paced, hither to and there fro