Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Shrugging, Selenia leaned back to her own cup of cider and rum, taking a sip and setting it back down. 'Honestly, I dont know. I'm not very plant savvy beyond what I read in books. But it's a good mixture of temperate to tropical - don't ask me how, I'm not an expert on the magic she used to make the place - but it's fairly big. And hella warmer than what any other door will lead you too. It's open to customers." She explained, picking up her cup for anther delicious sip.

Looking back over to the guy by her hearth, she simply shrugged. "Sure thing, good sir." She replied, not minding if he was more focused on getting warm at all. It was hella cold out!

(( editted))

Sparkly Gawker

[....It's a Mad World....Alice....]
[...No...] You'll never be alone
When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars
Hear the whispers in the dark.....

The smile spreads as she hears the male speak. He was terribly polite, which was quite a thing. A tilt of her head, and she focuses her attention on him for a moment, curious. Then, she looks back to her hostess, her green eyes showing her burning wonder. But she couldn't quite bring herself to move away from the bar, and that cup of cider.

"Hmm. Well if it is open to the public, then perhaps I shall have to peruse it. If there is anything interesting, would they mind if I took samples? It's fascinating that the plants would grow in an area so....hostile to plant growth. Even given the greenhouse. It would be wonderful to see the inside of it."

Then, realizing that she was gushing, she frowns, then blushes a little, the pink covering her cheeks, and tinting the tips of her ears.

"Ah...it would...it would be quite an experience....either way..."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Chuckling behind her cup she was taking yet another sip from, she set it down then crossed her arms in front of her. She probably shouldnt get too buzzed with guests around. "Like I said, magic and whatnot." Taking note of the girl's seeming embarrassment, Selenia tried her best not to frown. Slowly she was beginning to suspect the girl was as awkward with conversation as her, or with people in general. This she could relate to, more or less. It was different for everyone, for sure. "I fully encourage you to visit, and I trust that you know how to sample without killing anything Just don't mid Aura...she'll likely hover over you to 'protect her little babies'. But she won't harm you. So long as, well, the obvious, you know?"

Sparkly Gawker

A small grateful smile spreads across her face and she tucks a bit of hair behind her ear. A nervous habit she had picked up once her hair grew out. Thinking about it, she shakes her head. Her mind drifted to her home, and how barren it was of plant-life, and anything alive. Just tall buildings, and horrible air quality.

"Plants are far more precious than most give them credit for. I will assure her of my good intentions, and shall welcome her hovering."

The words came easily, and she smiles, unable to help herself. It was getting easier to be normal. The only thing that wasn't normal was her night habits. And as soon as she got that under control, she would be able to figure out a little more of her life. But for now, it was good to just relax somewhere before she started out again.

"Thank you...by the way. For the drink and hospitality."

Lightbringer

User Image

A slight nod was all the recognition that the man gave to the owner's response. He closed his eyes and sniffed a bit. His aches and chills made his body feel aged beyond its years, but thankfully that would be temporary. With just his thoughts to keep him company, the man watched the fire dance from behind his eyelids, giving the darkness of them a red hue. Embers snapped and cracked in his ears to try and make sure he didn't fall asleep right on the spot. But as the cold slowly melted away, the now inviting heat made him relax. It was always the little things in life that ended up being the most desired. A fire on a winter night, a handful of clear water in a parched desert, something of the sort.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Hearing the girl's sincerity when she spoke of plants made Selenia smile - not her usual, natural smirk, but a small smile of relief, gratefulness. But then it was back to her smirk. "Well, that's what I'm here for, so you're very welcome. We have rooms available too if you want to stay the night. I think I'm the only place open after ten, the hotel in town is a bit dodgy with its schedule sometimes, but we dont get many visitors this far north so my guess is the manager goes home early. It can get boring with no new faces."

Lifting a hand to her head, she scratched at an inch hidden beneath the indigo waves. She didnt scratch like a normal person though, more like tapping her fingers on the spot with her nails - she'd partially scalped herself once forgetting that her nails were a bit tougher and sharper than normal human ones. The itch dealt with, she picked up her drink again, shaking her head hard enough her hair shifted back to it's natural place. "So, are you a botanist?" her attention was back on Alice, her bright eyes seeking out her green ones.

Sparkly Gawker

Her eyes flicker to the woman at the offer of a place to stay. Her thoughts ran through her head quickly, and she frowns, trying to find a way to say no without sounding awful. Or tactless. Or rude. Then, finally, her eyes lower and she plays with the edge of her glass.

"Ah...no thanks. I do believe I will visit often, because it is a lovely area, but staying here....would not be best. I have a place."

She speaks softly, then frowns a little. That wasn't too bad, was it? Then, with a light shrug, she focuses on the next query. It was an easier one to answer. Her smile spreads, and she leans forward, her eyes flickering back up to the woman. Once more, she had the jovial attitude that she liked keeping.

"Actually, I am an apprentice herbalist, and a journeyman alchemist. I'm still a student in many areas. I love learning though."

Her smile widens as she places a hand on the belt that was hidden beneath her sweater. On it was a bunch of pouches, and holsters for vials. Most were full, but some were running lower than she liked.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Selenia - though socially challenged - was far from dumb. Despite her adopted slang of modern day English. And that she often let the extent of her knowledge seem to fall short of anything special. it was safer that way. But she picked up on the girl's awkward response. Still, it really wasn't any of her business - and she logged the detail away for a later time. Hearing that Alice loved to learn though, that made Selenia share another rare smile, a bright one full of approval. "I think that's wonderful. There's not enough eager minds out there. So you're travelling to learn, or are you on a mission? And I'm sorry if I seem to be prying - merely curious for the sake of curiosity."

Sparkly Gawker

She smiles softly.

"I don't mind the queries at all, Sel."

Thinking about it, she shakes her head, her leg moving to rest against the bag she had against the bar. She relaxes, then smiles.

"And I am traveling to learn. My...teacher...he says the best way to learn the path of an alchemist and herbalist, at least the healing aspects, is to be among the people. And...I have a really hard time with people."

She frowns lightly, then rubs her cheek, the scar there itching a little. It wasn't as bad as the one over her eye, of course, but it was still bothersome.

"I'm getting better at it, but you can't be a healer if people give you the willies."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Ah, so that's what it is. her smile returning to her casual - almost pleasant, really - smirk, Selenia held her cup with both hands, peering down at the glimpse of her reflection in the dark amber color of the drink. Looking up to Alice, she shrugged again. "Your teacher's right. But it's still tough. I'm doing okay right now, but my tolerance for people is really low as well. Especially if they don't seem to have a brain...or a point to their existence." She rolled her eyes at the last part, having met some considerably stupid people she really wondered how they didn't drown in their species' gene pool. The she realized she ought to clarify a bit more. "You seem nice, pleasant, and you have a brain. I consider you good company."

(( Okay, Gaia is lagging on me....anyone else? ))

Sparkly Gawker

Alice smiles happily, rubbing the back of her neck. Looking embarrassed a moment, she chuckles softly, then shrugs lightly. It was one of those things she couldn't help.

"Ah...you would have hated my presence five years ago. I was, as described. My thirst for knowledge is definitely a newer item in my repertoire. I am glad that you find me as such now, however! I do try."

It had been a while since she had thought about her past. It seemed like a distant memory compared to some of the things she had been through lately.

"I do believe I shall enjoy coming back here often, in all honesty."

[[ ohmigod I thought it was my browser! I was about to rage! ]]

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
Well, the previous night had proven fruitful. Two new customers, and both so far seemed fairly nice - granted, the male hadn't said a whole lot, but he wasn't tearing up the place either. So there was that.

After waking up in her mass of thick blankets where she was curled up in leopard form, she was quickly back into her human form - with spots and tail - and dressed for the day. Almost the same outfit as the day previous, favouring the sweater with it's knitted holes.

Going downstairs, Sel stretched, yawning and revealing her pointed canines. Reaching the main floor she wandered over to the counter and sat on a stool, then remembered she should have breakfast. Turning she went to the fridge nearby and selected her favourite energy drink, then went back to her stool.

Breaking it open, she took a drink and sighed. Breakfast served.

Then she was content to sit there for a while, simply waking up and reflecting on the fact she couldn't cook to save her life.

(( >.< I kind of gave up after Gaia took five minutes to load a page, then it gave up on the next page. So I gave up on Gaia for the night.

and sorry for skipping to the new day, trying to keep the thread fresh and current - besides, Alice's last words could mean she was heading out the door too

Taka! Bare with me u.u ))

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

From the door near the stairs came a delicate woman dressed in a corset and skirt that seemed to be made of roses. She hummed softly, almost singing, holding the long skirt in one hand as she danced her way to the bar counter. As she spun around once, her ever silvery-white hair seemed light as clouds as it fanned out behind her in it's tangle of gentle, but wild curls. Coming to a stop before Selenia, her hair came back to rest and with that forever charming, sweet smile, Aura curtsied before the inn's owner and protector, the moonstone and horn on her forehead glinting even in the dimly lit inn's lanterns. "Good morning~" She practically sang when she spoke, sitting upon a stool and leaning forward to rest her chin on her hands with a dreamy sigh. "You know what, Selenia, dear?"

User Image
Selenia didn't always know who to handle her friend. One, she was a unicorn. Two, every time she sang or hummed or danced, Selenia would glance about for random birds or plant life to suddenly appear, you never knew when Aura was using her magic or simply singing. Three, looking at the sunshine-and-rainbow-struck maiden, most likely Selenia was going to have to endure more happy sighs about her day dreams. "...let me guess....he was so~ dreamy." The leopardess replied dryly, happy to drink her energy drink and give Aura a rather unimpressed look.

"Oh~ Selenia you have not dreamt dreams as sweet as my man~" Was Aura's reply, another happy sigh that was deep enough that the maiden might melt simply in the sound of it. Although, despite how she attempted to be full of good cheer and positive feelings, there was that hint of sadness in her aqua gaze. "You know that locket from that show...Zeph showed me once....Sailor Moon's locket? Is that it? It makes me so sad...my dragon's no official prince, but he's the prince of my heart, certainly..." A very small pout developed and was pointed in Selenia's direction, as if she could do anything about it.

User Image
Rolling her eyes, Selenia slid off her own seat and went to make Aura her usual - a lighter type of cider with a sugar-trim on the glass. bringing that back to her, she said "I imagine he's just fine." She hadn't been told the whole story, Aura kept that pretty close to the heart. But the two lovers were separated by time at the moment, and had no communication except in their dreams. However that worked.

Her smile was a little forced when she accepted the drink, but after a sip of the sweet drink she sighed and relaxed a bit. "I'm sure you're right. So, I heard we had company last night? I was busy, else I might've peeked in." She explained, though by 'busy' she really meant day-dreaming and couldn't be bothered with present-day things. Or in her view, future-day things. She'd encountered so many strange and wonderful experiences in this time.

Sparkly Gawker

Alice, though really good at being by herself, really hated being by herself these days. It was like a tick inside of her that didn't allow for happiness. Sighing, she almost runs to the place she had found the night before. Her boots crunched through the mess outside, and she reached the door in quite a record amount of time.

It was really cold, after all.

Opening it, she slides inside, shivering lightly. The warmth hit her a little later than she would have liked, but when it did, happiness slid through her features. Tugging her hat off her head, and letting her brown locks fall around her, she smiles softly. Her scarf came next, and remembering the day before, she gathered it up before moving.

"Good evening!"

She almost sang out the words to whomever might be listening, her cheeks filling with rosy color. Her red sweater was loose around her, her black skirt to her knees. The bandages around her right hand were new, and they were wrapped up to her elbow, hiding what was beneath. Wandering to the bar, she takes the seat she had the night before, pulling her bag over her head, setting it carefully on the floor by her feet.

[[ No worries! In all honesty, it meant I had to stop slacking on other things. XP ]]

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Serendipity Hitomi

User Image
Looking up from a magazine she was skimming, Selenia smiled to see Alice return. Since the morning, Aura had returned back to her garden and hadn't come out again, and the place had been fairly quiet again. Setting her reading material aside, Sel rolled her shoulders, an audible crack coming from her back and she came up to the counter. "Evening - what can I get you tonight, Alice? Another cider?" She asked, noting that she hadn't really had much to drink or eat yet today....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff