Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Still chuckling, Zeph tried to sober himself a little. Hard to do after a few glasses of some damn good vodka and so the end result was him grinning, then grinning a little less, then giggling and grinning again. But the man had asked a question, and ot deserved an andwer. "Oh, I'm fine. I promise. Skeptical, but fine . And yourself?"

Lightbringer

"Now is as good of a time to break it in as any. Why did the carpenter go to the mental hospital? Because he had a screw loose! Hohoho." The man said with enthusiasm toward Spooky. He merely nodded toward Ellicia - such a typical answer. He looked at Zeph for a brief moment. "I am doing quite well, thank you for asking. Now, what's this talk of skepticism?" He brought his arms forward and steepled his fingers. Light glanced off his glasses as he lowered his head just a smidge.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Rolling his eyes in as dramatic a fashion he could, Zeph turned so he was facing the man. He lifted up his one hand, and started counting off fingers with the other. "One, I haul my a** to the frigid north for a family reunion, and meet a demon possessed corpse instead. Two, I crawl back here for some comfort vodka, and she tells me you're some kinda time traveller, with ~three~ dinosaurs!" He glanced to Spooky, then back, realizing Spooky was likely the least normal of them here, if you were going by what humans deemed normal anyways. "I'm skeptical. That's normal. I should get a cat-scan."

Lightbringer

The tall man remained still as he listened to Zeph talk. His smile was unwavering. Depending on the person, it could be seen as either comforting or creepy. Once Zeph finished his explanation he returned his hands behind his back. "I see, I see! So, allow me to assure that I have this straight in my head." He cleared his throat and lifted his head back up. "You bore witness to a creature that had lost its very essence to the clutches of an otherworldly celestial spirit. Following that, you returned to this curious little building with a young lady from a secret parallel world, who commands elements to do her bidding by evoking the power of an almost indescribable essence. Lastly, she makes the absolutely ludicrous statement that I am in possession of some big reptiles that belong more to this world than virtually every other being that has ever graced its surface, and I acquired them by stepping through the scientifically established physical dimension of time?" He was silent for a moment as he thought. "Yep, good reason to be skeptical my friend! Let's have a drink. Miss I Blame Everything On Her, I will have a glass of your finest orange juice!"

~

Ellicia shook her head and grinned at the ridiculous man, but he was a patron after all. She picked out a glass and poured some of the pale orange liquid inside. "Drink up."

Edit: ((Crap, forgot to reply to Spooky's statement. Sorry! I'll do it next post. @_@; ))

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

The man's agreement made Zeph smile, though it faltered when he ordered simple juice. But, well...he was already odd. Orange juice wasnt so bad. Sliding his glass towards Ellicia he pouted a little. "Some water? Please?"

Looking back to the man though, his skeptical look returned. 'Don't get me wrong, I know things that can't always be explained by science exist - I'm a leopard-were - but~ dinosaurs. I mean...just..." he shut up a moment to tap his chin, struggling with the best way to explain the way it felt to him. "Dinosaurs...pre-date everything we know on the planet to date. So when someone just willy-nilly says you can ho back and adopt some like it's a stroll in the park does seem a little questionable. Dinosaurs died so far back in time, that they were dust before magic was even around. So in a sense, due to the time layered over them, separating us for good reason - they seem formidably untouchable."

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
"How do you suppose he would keep them from dying from, at least in the perspective of the reptile, alien bacterial infection?"

Spooky would chime in at the description of dinosaurs. While Spooky knew no way in which to travel backwards through time-space, being a three dimensional being and all, he knew of many instances of other beings doing just that with some kind of machine, portal, or magic. Of course, bringing back anything from a period so far in the past had certain complications. Atmospheric content, bacteria, viruses. Even the food may be inedible at this stage. So, Spooky took a position of intrigued skepticism on the subject. However, he did lean forward a bit, pulling his hands from the table and orienting himself towards the man in the middle of the room.

Lightbringer

"Questions, disbelief, it's all so wonderful!" He exclaimed as he listened to Zeph and Spooky. "There is no greater force in the universe than curiosity! But yes, ahem." He took a drink of his orange juice while he gathered himself. "There are as many opinions about the subject of magic as there are specs of dust in the air itself. But to think that dinosaurs would predate magic is an interesting thought. Before the establishment of gravity, did rocks fall upward when we let them go? Did space not exist before man flew above the clouds? Possibly. However, when we walk shoulder to shoulder with demigods from distant worlds, wielding forces we cannot hope to understand, and having been present for the birth of our little home world, it creates questions on what is possible and what is not, no?" He said with a playful smirk. He then looked to Spooky. "Ah, yes, and the ever present issue of infection! Even when traversing to another country, inoculation is a must! My poor dears would have quite a time surviving countless years of evolved illness. Adding on that poachers would simply love to get their grubby hands on them, I did indeed need to find somewhere safe from all the contaminants and unpleasantness that would surely find their way to them. So I put them in a different dimension! My home, for that matter. Plenty of space for them to romp about and be safe from all the nastiness." The man spoke of many impossibilities as though they were simple matters. Just who was he to have access to such untold power?

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

As the man spoke, Zeph's lips had parted slightly. The absurd claims this guy had trounced anything Ellicia had said. And the man seemed fairly convinced of himself. So...could it be? If you through all the rules out the window, maybe.... Closing his mouth, Zeph turned back to Ellicia. "Yea, so...another vodka?"

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
"Well, I've seen that sort of thing first hand by the agency of another - so I can potentially buy your story. Of course, without actually seeing it it's still just a story to me. Like this; I could tell you that I'm really a two hundred fifty thousand year old shape-shifter from another planet who delights in the experimentation on the evolution of organisms and the formation of life, but without any evidence you've no reason to believe a word of it."

Spooky would respond as he turned his chair now to face the man directly. This way, he could lean back in his seat and casually drape his hands over his left knee. Spooky felt that he may refute the claim that curiosity is the most powerful force in the universe on the simple fact that it isn't actually a force in the universe - merely a psychological motivation in certain species - but he chose to leave it be. Clearly, this man was using different definitions of the terms force and universe and correcting the perceived misjudgment would be nit-picking.

Lightbringer

"Yes, evidence! Just like a detective. Oh, I do love a good mystery. I would be delighted to have some visitors if proof is what you would like. I believe that the young lady behind me was working on making that very suggestion, in fact. My home and my dinosaurs are very real I assure you. If they like you, maybe you can ever ride one! I find the brachiosaurus to be delightful. You can go down their necks like a slide, it's great fun." The man spoke with all the wonder and enthusiasm of a child as he explained himself. He didn't seem too concerned about Spooky's claim, and perhaps believed it outright. Who could say what went on in that head.

~

Ellicia had both the water and the vodka ready. She pushed them both toward Zeph, but tapped the glass of liquor. "Last one for tonight. You've had enough."

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
The jubilation with which this man spoke was starting to win Spooky over. He couldn't help but crack a smile as the man began to talk about the dinosaur in question as though it were a staple of children's playgrounds. Of course, the detective remark wasn't too far off the mark, but Spooky was a good deal more than just a detective. Some might consider him a scientist of sorts, but those endeavors weren't casually revealed.

"Maybe some other time, I don't typically make it a point to jump dimensional barriers with a complete stranger."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Zeph gave her the most adorable pout he could muster and took his vodka and held it close. "It's not like I'm driving..." He muttered, appearing almost hurt to her before turning back to the man and Spooky. The man...wait. "So...what exactly is your name?" Because crazy needs a name here.

Lightbringer

"Did we skip the introductions?" He said with a blink. "Goodness, there's just too much to talk about!" The man rose from his seat. "I am Sciverentheo Scalenotrae Dervishael. I prefer Sciver!" He said with a bow. "A pleasure to make your acquaintances. We're not strangers now, yes? So you can come see my dinosaurs!"

~

The young lady shook her head. "You might not be driving, but you've still got a liver I'm afraid. Better give it a break."

Beloved Sex Symbol

Cold didn't cover how she felt at the moment, no it was past cold and beyond freezing. Even bundled up in a thick fur lined coat and a decent layer of leather pants, yet the cold still seemed to creep into her bones. Long black strands bellowed around her face,some strands even whipping red cheeks. How on earth had she gotten herself into this mess. Maybe it was the whisper on the wind or maybe it was something more intoxicating. What ever it was the woman was with in this blistering small town.

Cobalt orbs peered put of frost coated lashes, nose and cheeks matched that of a freshly spanked babies bottom. Lips parted allowing small burst of air out to freeze in contact. There had to be something here to provide warmth! And out of the ashes one could say rose a light that caught those piercing orbs. Salvation lay but a few mergers away. Legs moved against the compact snow on the street, boots long ago soaking wet thanks to the innocent particles that fell from the sky.

A mumble was given as the female made haste to the door and then into the building. The scent of warmth was the first thing to be noted. Then and only then did the heat truly wrap around her shivering form. The door shut immediately afterwards. Oh how she hated the cold!

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Spooky listened to the man introduce himself and giggled internally at the length of his name. Of course, Spooky's name was no less grandiose, being a wavelength of light transcribed with imperceptible identifiers. Convoluted to the point where only another of his own species could hope to fully decode it, not that many others could even receive the transmission in quite the same way. Still, a name didn't answer anything in particular. There was no reason to believe that this wasn't actually Sciver's name, but likewise there were no reasons to believe it was based on the outrageous claims he'd already made. Spooky had his ways of finding out the specifics, but he didn't much like to employ them, as it often revealed things about Spooky that he would rather keep private.

"No, I'm afraid we're still strangers. A name is little more than a label. Would you say that just because I know that a banana is called a banana that I have intimate knowledge as to the banana's motivations? What I mean is, give it some time."

I can wait...

Spooky would finish the thought to himself as he eyes the man rising from his seat. Spooky had a lot of questions, but nothing Sciver said could as of yet be trusted at face value. He'd need time to learn more about Sciver's personality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff