Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

The Snow Den
OOC Thread

In a Northern City, warm fires are worth more than gold.

In such a city, a snug place to have a fine drink and be by that fire, is a favourite past time in the evenings and borealis flecked nights.

The Snow Den is on a corner, not far from a main square. The sign is covered in the thick snowfall, but it's doorstep and walkway are swept clean and salted. Inside it's warm and often smells of cinnamon, the fireplace at one end warming the bar room with it's amber glow. Lanterns are lit around the room, adding more of the warm light to the wood furnished bar and tables. There's bathrooms, kept clean for the public. Doors behind the bar lead into a kitchen, a stark contrast to the warm wood furnishings in the outer room. The kitchen was tiled with stainless steel appliances and counters. Clearly hygiene was the priority taken over a rustic homeliness here. A stairway leading up to the second floor. There are four rooms available for rent, all six rooms sharing a larger bathroom upstairs.

Newly Added: The Den is connected to another large building that is often the only thing glowing all day int he city aside from street lamps and fire places. It's a greenhouse, filled with an abundance of different plant species meant for warmer climates. It houses a walkway that meanders through an expansive garden, including a fountain in the center. However some form of magic has been used here, as the garden/miniature forest is clearly much larger than the building it houses.

Geographically:: You're looking at a thickly forested mountainous area leading into the tundra after you get over the mountains going East. To the west is the frigid coastline, which is sometimes only an hour away, sometimes farther depending on the ice. There is a small port town where the actual stone of the coast is, but passage is spotty, considering weather conditions.

The way this works...

This is based day to day in REAL time. Meaning, if you and another player have something going on, you may continue working on it over the course of days, but the inn technically resets every day so new people and other regulars can re-enter their characters.

Please try to make an exit if you're done for the day/night so people aren't waiting hours for you to post.

Rules...

1. Gaia ToS
2 . Gaia ToS (I don't mind bloody fights or kissing, but srsly, not everyone wants to deal with your sloppy drama)
3. Be respectful. Do not under any circumstances decide you want to just waltz in and ******** s**t up for your own reasons. If you want to add a twist or something unexpected please message me before doing so to get permission first.
4. Please post at least a paragraph, with punctuation and some details. I'm not asking for a novel, or an amazing character, or a fancy post-style, all I want is for you to actually participate in a coherent fashion everyone can understand and respond to.
5. If I say you're banned, that's it, you're done, goodbye.
6. And Gaia ToS. Which means a lot of things, you should go read it, but my main concerns are nudity, sexual referencing, minors being dragged into those types of situations. I will allow cursing, but don't overdo it. This is a public forum where many of the people on it are YOUNG.
7 . I'll add more rules as I see fit, I hope everyone can behave and have some fun.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Character Profiles...

** This is for regulars who wish to add their profile **

**Either a Picture or a Brief but detailed description of your character is required, don't just say 'like my avi'

Please PM profiles to me.**

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b] ((if applicable))
[b]Picture/Description:[/b]

~~~

Username:: x_Syrazel_x
Character Name:: Selenia
Race:: snow leopardess (spiritwalker)
Job:: Owner
Picture::
User Image

Username: Takarashi
Character Name: Erimhe Natarus
Race: Human
Description: Erimhe stands at five feet and nine inches tall, and weighs 135 pounds. He has light blonde hair, bright green eyes, and fair skin. His body type is average.

Username: x_Syrazel_x
Character Name: Zephyr (Selenia's 'adopted' brother)
Race: human
Job: n/a
Picture/Description:
User Image

Username: The_Silent_Guardian17
Character Name: Xenitas
Race: Vampire
Job: N/A
Picture/Description:
User Image

Username: A_Wonder_Kind
Character Name: Emmy
Race: a spirit housed within a somewhat human looking body.
Job: ((if applicable))
Picture/Description: User Image
Bio: Emmy is currently running from her 'master' who is a famous magician that sealed her spirit to her current body. She has no memory of who or what she was before, but she doesn't want to go back into the magician's care.

Rooms...

1. -
2. -
3. - Selenia
5. -

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
~~ Reserved ~~

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

The snow falling was quiet as ever. Her heavy goth boots made loud crunching sounds as she walked up the street. Dusk was falling, the sky already darker than normal thanks to the snow clouds. The night was full of light though, from the street lamps and people's homes or shops. It almost made the world seem warm in the amber glow. There was no wind, so the snow fell steadily, almost lazily as big sticky flakes. They had been here a year, and she still wasn't tired of it. But then again, she'd been born in it.

Shifting her grip on the groceries in one hand, and then the bag of wood in the other, she sighed and watched as the cold air immediately froze her breath into a big, white plume. Smiling a little, she blew again, seeing how far she could make it go. Winter could be fun, if people tried to make it so.

Turning the corner her own place came into view - the Snow Den. It wasn't a typical pub, though a favourite by some. There were times where she loved when it was full of raucous noise, laughter, sometimes singing, and even sometimes a good brawl. But then there were nights like tonight where it was fairly quiet. The lights were on and she was sure Alex and Ellicia were busy, possibly with or without customers. She was lucky to have found companions who were both kind and worked diligently. It had been quite the year getting used to it though...

Stopping by the door, she paused on that thought. A whole year she'd been here, giving refuge to the supernatural and even the regular sort of traveller. Her door was open to all that were good and willing to listen to rules. She set down the bag of wood and put her hand on the doorknob, her thoughts clearly elsewhere as she paused again. A year prior...she had not meant to get entangled in an adventure that had lead her to meeting Alex. She didn't really regret it, but she had meant to find him when she came back to Earth...but now this was her life. And it wasn't a life to complain about - they were warm, fed, sheltered, protected and were doing good in the world.

Sighing softly, her own breath made a few locks of hair move in the windless night. She missed the man she'd fallen in love with though...the one she had truly given it all for. Lifting a finger that was going numb with cold, she idly traced his name into the fogged up glass of the door's window pane, just down in the corner. G-a-g-e. Then, blinking, she frowned at herself. She was being moronic. Wishing and writing his name down wasn't going to do anything but make her look both girlish and make her cold.

With a final growl at herself, she opened the door to her pub and inn and then bent to retrieve the wood again. Stepping inside the warm building, she kicked the door closed with the heel of her big black boot, and the resounding slam brought a smirk to her lips. "I'm home, guys." She announced herself quietly, stomping her boots on the door mat to shake snow from them.

Lightbringer

"Hey." Alex replied. He was busy with sweeping. He had been spending most of the night cleaning and organizing. The tables had not a speck of dust on them, the windows were crystal clear, all the seats were pushed in and properly aligned, you name it. The young man worked hard on keeping the place maintained and sparkling - it was his job, after all. He often wore a bored expression as he worked, but when asked he always said that it was one of the most enjoyable jobs he ever had.

~

A forkfull of strawberry short cake found its way to Ellicia's mouth, which she chewed with great satisfaction. With her other free hand she turned the page of a manga she was reading. She was certainly busy, but not in the way that would probably be preferred of an employee. But hey, no one was asking for drinks or food! What else was a girl to do? When the owner stepped inside though she perked up and swallowed. "Welcome back boss!" She said with a great deal of enthusiasm. She set down her fork and hopped over the counter quick as could be. "How was the walk? Oh, lemme take those for you!" The young lady was already reaching for the groceries.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Selenia was never really sure how to respond to Ellicia - she was just too nice sometimes. It wasn't a bad thing...it just wasnt Selenia's thing. Which she was glad for. Still, over the year she'd gotten better at least responding. At first she had either grimaced or said nothing at all. "It was nice, most people are inside already." She let the girl take the groceries, since she dealt with food any ways.

Finally having enough of the snow off her boots, she stepped out onto the wood floor and crossed the large bar room to the fireplace. Next to it was the wood box and she added on the extra wood. She never let them run out, even if she had to go out of town and chop it herself. That done, she brushed her hands against each other to brush off loose bark and went over to where Ellicia had been eating her cake.

Pausing long enough to analyze the red stuff on top - making sure it was strawberry and not cherry - she then stole a quick bite before pouring herself a drink. Working the delightful flavor around in her mouth, she swallowed and looked up to Alex. "So, been quiet then, hm?"

Lightbringer

x_Syrazel_x
"Quiet as a mouse. I suppose it's a little too cold for most people to be out and about." He replied with a shrug. He swept up all the nearby dirt into a neat pile, which he then put on a dust pan. "Anything interesting happen? Oh, and thanks for getting the wood 'n stuff."

~

"Great! I'm glad you had a good time." She was practically singing as she spoke. Ellicia hefted the supplies and glided back toward the kitchen to start putting them away. The young lady hadn't known the boss all that long, just a few months, but right from the get go she had taken a liking to Selenia. Under a somewhat tough exterior, she could see that the boss was a good person. She would have to be to run a place like the Snow Den, offering shelter to wayward travelers of all kinds. Because of that, and likely many more reasons, Ellicia followed the owner's orders without question.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Nodding at Takarashi's words, she made a slight face. People still bugged her. It wasn't 'too' cold in her opinion, but she also wasn't normal either. Pouring some rum and coke together, she shivered at the first sip. Alcohol and pop were both new things, having not required food in her previous existence. Now it was full of trial and error. But the rum and coke was growing on her. Taking a seat on her usual stool, she stretched with her hands out over the bar top, arching her back and stretching her legs under the bar counter. "Well they're a bunch of wusses. They drink in here almost every night, but I guess that means more for us." With a shrug she took her second sip and then caught an ice cube to chew on. "So what's for dinner? You guys eat yet?"

Lightbringer

x_Syrazel_x
The lad dumped the collection in the small trash can he was wheeling about. The floor was spotless once more, at least until someone else came trudging in. Sigh. "Just make sure to leave some for any visitors, y'hear?" He said with a soft grin while dragging the cleaning supplies over to a closet. He popped it open and busied himself with putting them away. "I haven't eaten yet. I have some beef stew cooking in the back if you want some. Ellicia's been pigging out on cake."

~

"Hey! I have not been pigging out!" She called out from the kitchen. "There's still lots of it left... kinda..." She finished putting everything away in a speedy fashion, then bounced back out into the main room at her spot behind the counter. She noticed a dent in her slice that was sitting out and smiled. She was glad Selenia liked it. Alex was too much of a stiff to do something like swipe a piece while she wasn't looking.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

She was sometimes a little jealous of how well the two got a long. Only sometimes. "I want both, if you're both willing to share. I'd cook myself, but..." Now she grimaced with a sidelong glance to Ellicia. Cooking was not her forte. In fact she'd lit the kitchen on fire and most of it had needed being replaced before they could use it again. Cooking was definitely no longer one of her things she did around the place.

Lightbringer

x_Syrazel_x
"Fine with me." Alex replied as he closed the door to the closet. "It should be ready now. You're welcome to some too if you have room left." He directed the last part to Ellicia, which the young lady accepted with a mild huff at his comment.

The man disappeared in back for a moment to wash his hands and get out the dishes. He took in the scent of the pot as he filled the first bowl, and the aroma made him smile. He didn't cook all that often so he was glad when it turned out well. He filled the two other bowls and brought them out on a tray along with some bread. "Here you are. There's plenty more if you want seconds." He knew that he would.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Usually quiet, Selenia busied herself with her drink while they waited. Ellicia seemed happy with her cake, and she was beginning to have feeling in her finger tips again. Her ears were a bite sore from the cold though. Another drink of rum and she was starting to feel the warmth in her cheeks at least.

When Alex brought out the food she almost immediately began to salivate. "Thanks for sharing, Alex." She told him as she pulled her bowl and bread closer before digging in. She was always hungry.

Lightbringer

x_Syrazel_x
"Mhm. Anytime." He said before taking a spoonful. The warmth of the meal spread through his body quickly and brought about a quick sense of satisfaction. He could eat this for the rest of his life and have no complaints. His mind wandered while he sat and indulged. "Say... it's been a year now, hasn't it? Since this place was opened?" He commented as he waved his spoon a bit. "Geeze. Time flies alright."

~

"Really?!" The young lady exclaimed. "You should've said something!" She grabbed a bottle at random from the rack and pulled out three glasses, then poured them and raised hers high. "To the Snow Den and to good friends! Let both live long and prosper! Or something like that!"

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Eyeing the glass of liquor with quite a bit of suspicion, Selenia was quite sure the green stuff was Absynthe. Glancing to Ellicia though, she didn't seem to really notice, and unsure of what the correct way to decline was....shrugged and slammed it down.

Wrong thing to do, as she gagged and shivered violently from head to toe. Blinking, she vaguely remembered somewhere you were supposed to add sugar...

Having the urge to go lick the snow to clear her tongue of the taste, she instead took another spoonful of stew, forcing it down and licked the spoon instead. What a terrible liquer...why would anyone drink that?!

Lightbringer

x_Syrazel_x
Alex raised his glass, but he too had a bit of of a suspicion about it. After seeing Selenia's reaction, he just set it down to the side. He was quite content with his meal. Still, he didn't want to ruin the moment. "Yeah. Here's to the Snow Den. Let's make the next year as good - or better." He offered a kind smile before eating some more.

~

"Hah! C'mon boss, it can't be that bad!" Ellicia said with a giggle as she downed her own shot. After a second, her expression turned sour she coughed. "Erk... okay, maybe it was..." She shoveled some cake into her mouth to rid herself of the taste. "I'll, uh, look next time I grab a bottle. But still! Hurray for the Snow Den!" She was quick to perk back up if nothing else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff