Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*The small part of Dante's mind that wasn't occupied by his absolute rage was thankful that he hadn't been holding anything right then. His fists were balled up so tightly that he was on the verge of driving his own blunt fingertips through his palms* They'd better hope I never find 'em. There'd be nothing left to bury. *He took a breath, trying to compose himself. He only succeeded halfway* Are her wounds healing? Will she see again?

Shadowy Player

Haruko could feel the anger coming Dante all too well, almost so much that she wanted to hide behind the bar counter in fear of him. "I-I don't blame you. Adell's been out searching for them since he found out, a-and he said he'd try to call you once he found out who might've done it..." Once he had managed to get a little calmer and her fear had dissipated, Haruko took a deep breathe, trying to keep herself from being disturbed by the thoughts. "They're healing, but even being a demon, it's gonna take a while. ...They said her eyes are going to heal, but..." She let out a quiet sigh before continuing. "She's going to need surgery on at least one of them. Whoever did it didn't do a good job, so it's not irreversible, but it'll definitely be noticeable. She's up in her room if you want to see her."

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*Dante heaved a loud sigh* Tell him "thanks" for me. *He looked off to the side, not really focusing on anything* Yeah, I would like to see her.

Shadowy Player

"Will do. Here, her door's locked, so you'll need this." Haruko tossed a room key toward Dante, thinking that he'd catch it even if he wasn't looking directly at it. "Just... When you come in, let her know it's just you, alright..? She's still really shaken up, and not being able to see has her terrified of everything she hears in there..." With a quiet sigh, she turned back to her work, wanting to do what she could for the bar in Delly's place.

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*Dante's hand flew up just in time to catch the key Haruko threw to him. He was still looking at the floor, though* Thanks. I will. *He lifted his head up only briefly to give Haruko a weak smile* If I'm not back down before you finish up down here, you have a good night. *He walked off toward the stairs, taking careful steps with minimal noise as he climbed them*

Shadowy Player

Haruko took a moment to return the smle, though hers wasn't much different than his. Who could blame her, given the situation. "Thanks. Same for you." She nodded to him again before stepping back into the kitchen with a dish rag to begin washing the glasses and such.

Though it wasn't noticeable until one was at her door, there was a quiet noise like that of a whine or a whimper coming from inside Delly's room. She hadn't picked up on Dante's footsteps, but her painkillers certainly didn't seem to be doing a good enough job at the moment. It even hurt to roll over, so to make things worse, her back was pointed to the door, serving to make her even more nervous of her surroundings that accompanied the waves of pain across her body.

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*As soon as he heard the whimper, Dante felt himself stiffen up protectively. He had to will himself back to reality, to the fact that there wasn't anything he could do to spare Delly her physical pain, before opening the door very deliberately. He wasn't sure whether a louder or softer attempt at it would scare her more, but he knew the sound of his voice would put her at ease once he was inside* Delly, it's me. I heard about what happened. Can you talk, or does it hurt too much? Just make another noise if it does.

Shadowy Player

Upon hearing someone opening the door, Delly let out an audible gasp for obvious reasons. Once she had heard Dante's voice, however, a rather obvious sigh of relief was the first response before she slowly raised her shaky, bandage covered hand for a small wave. It was the most she could do physically at the moment without too much pain. "I-It's fine. Talking hurts... a little, but it's nothing too bad. I-I can't... roll over though, or my stomach... Will hurt too much..." She had to take momentary pauses in her sentences to take another breathe, the wounds to her stomach causing more pain if she took too large a breath.

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*Once he really took stock of what had happened to Delly and how badly she was hurt, Dante cleared the space between the door and her bed in record time* I won't make you, then. *Gently he rested a hand on her shoulder, planting a light kiss on the back of her head* I'm glad you're still here. If I knew where your brother was, I'd help him hunt down the bastards who did this.

Shadowy Player

If she hadn't known it was Dante, someone closing a distance so quickly would've startled her even when she wasn't injured. "Thank you..." She managed a small smile at Dante's actions. "He's still gone...? I thought for sure... He'd be back by now..." She let out a defeated sigh, accompanied by a few quiet sniffles. "I-I hope he comes back soon... s-so you guys can find those assholes..."

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Shhhhh. *Dante leaned his head close to Delly's, though he was careful not to put any pressure on any part of her* He'll be back when he knows something he can use. If there's one thing your brother's got in spades, it's persistence. *Dante paused for a moment, unsure of what to do next. He settled on sitting down on the floor by the bed, his back leaned against the frame of it and his legs pointed out in front of him. After a second, he bent his right leg up into a point and rested his arm on his knee* I hope he gets back soon, too. I've got a need to speak with those guys.

Shadowy Player

"He really does... I'm glad we found each other again..." Delly smiled softly before shifting her head a little. Dante really knew how to have a gentle touch when it was needed, and she really appreciated that fact at the moment. Once he had taken a seat on the floor, she couldn't hold back against her urge. Deciding to fight her own advice, she pushed herself over onto her back with great effort, leaving a few pained pants and the rustling of her sheets from the movement. After a few moments of checking to make sure her stomach hadn't started bleeding, she patted her hand around lightly in an attempt to find Dante. "I-I hope you guys get back at them... I don't want this to happen to anyone else."

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*Dante started at the sound of Delly moving so much, but he didn't jump up to stop her. She was already on her other side and moving her back would be pointless. At least this way she was facing him, even if her eyes were covered* You didn't have to do that, you know. I'd have moved back if you'd said something. *He reached out to touch the fingers of the hand she was groping around with, not letting his own fingertips go anywhere near the bandages. When he spoke again, his voice sounded rough and dark* If and when we do find 'em beyond any doubt, you can be sure that it won't.

Shadowy Player

"I know, but I wouldn't have felt right... asking you to do that." A small smile took place of the pained frown moments earlier at the feel of Dante's hand on her fingers. It wasn't much, just feeling something other than her bedsheets and her own skin made her feel pretty good, despite her pain medication wearing off. "Thanks. Make sure you give 'em a good punch for me."

Haruko gave a light knock on the door, her cellphone lightly clutched in her hand. "It's me Delly, so don't panic." She smiled a little when she saw Delly's grin before setting her eyes on Dante. "Hey, can I have a word with you? We've got some news." Not wanting to make Dante go too far from Delly just yet, she leaned against the wall just outside the door with the phone open.

Amorous Hunter

16,190 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*Despite knowing that Delly couldn't see his face, Dante raised his eyebrow at her reply anyway* It's not right to ask me to get up, but it is right for someone with extensive and painful injuries to put herself out for my sake? *he leaned in a little closer* I don't think so. *he planted another soft kiss on Delly's cheek* Just don't do it again. I'd hate for you to reopen a wound.

*Dante nearly jumped when Delly knocked on the door, pulling his body into a protective "ready" stance before he realized that it was only Haruko outside* Oh? *he gave Delly's fingers another affectionate touch with his own* I'll be right back. *still just up on his feet, he stood and walked over to Haruko* What've we got?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff