Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He blinked thoughtfully and his eyes followed the lizard until it was out of view under the bed. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose again.

"Yes, well... When our friend Chiska became" His hand left his face and was left it in the air for a moment as he searched for a word. "... belligerent, I had to send him away."

His hand dropped into small motions as he spoke.

"Chiska knew how this works, how I work. He leaves his post, attacks you." A finger jabbed at nothing in particular. "There's no excuse--- as a professional, no excuse. He was a liability so I made the call objectively."

Both hands went up in a gesture of surrender but his eyes were guiltless.

"I sent him away and at the time it didn't matter to me where. In all honesty, I didn't think I'd see him again."

His hands dropped to his waist and he stood in thought.

"As to why he'd wish ill on me... well that goes much further back..."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

π•Έπ–Žπ–“π–Šπ–—π–›π–† π•Έπ–”π–—π–™π–Žπ–˜

Minerva crossed her arms against her front as she listened, approaching Ulysses slowly so as not to be talking across the room at him. Coming to a stop within a few feet of him she gave an indignant huff before reluctantly nodding. "Fair enough, I can not hold sound judgement against you. I only wish that I had been able to handle the issue myself, or had say in the outcome. I am not a china doll Ulysses, nor am I incapable of dispensing discipline." Her intensity dimmed as quickly as it had been sparked, fading to a simple pout.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He sighed again and nodded.

"No you're not. I don't intend to treat you as such either, but regardless of your capability I do take it personally when you are threatened by the one I assigned to be your right hand man."

He lifted his hand to Minerva's shoulder with a gentle rub.

"I don't have to tell you how capable Chiska is. Being a Demoness does count for something, but Chiska has worked for us... He's learned how to bring a people to their knees in more ways than one."

He let a small smirk cross his face.

"Now we just need to know what he wants. I may be giving him more credit than he deserves. He's not the brightest among us..."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She let out a sigh of her own, hanging her head in resignation. There really was no use in fusing over something that was well in the past, as much as her irrationality wanted to. Looking up as his hand rubbed her shoulder she saw that smirk of his and gave a weak laugh, smiling resistantly.

"Is there some way of finding him? You were his keeper, surely you had some means of finding him even when he did not wish to be found." Minerva had let that side of the trio's relationship alone, considering Chiska's disdain for Ulysses she had avoided asking the warrior about it, much as she had wanted to. Ulysses' vague answers were never much help either.

Letting her arms fall from their taut grip against herself she looked about them once more, a simple flick of the wrist and the scattered belongings were collected into the basket she'd dropped, which was now sitting idly next to the unopened baggage. She was too tired to bother cleaning it up manually.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He shrugged and shook his head.

"That's part of the reason why I'm surprised at this turn of events. I do have a way of keeping track of Chiska, not unlike a leash if I am frank. I knew where he was at all times, but if he's here and I didn't know then that link has been broken somehow. Perhaps when I sent him away and shut the door behind him it cut that off?"

He sighed and moved to sit on the foot of the bed. He chewed his lip in thought.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She gave a silent sigh and watched him move to the foot of the bed, then looked to the floor as if it might hold the answers she sought. Alas, save for a tarnished carpet she found nothing, and so she kicked off those pesky black high heels she'd been torturing her feet with and padded over to sit next to Ulysses on the bed.

"What's done is done I suppose, at least he merely stole from us and did not stick around to carry out whatever vendetta he might have against you." She reached out and slid her arms around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder. Giving him a sideways hug she squeezed gently, nuzzling into him affectionately.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

"Hm."

He rested a hand on her arm as they wrapped around him.

"Yes. He's not that foolish. He is in a strange land with no allies so whatever he has planned he'll have to be cautious to stay hidden. He'd stick out among the people here."

After a few moments he chuckled.

"For now I'll have to figure out what is still wearable. We're back to square one now."

He looked at Minerva with mischief in his eye and a smirk.

"I could always put that robe back on."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She caught his eye and giggled at the mention of the robe. "Oh that would be a treat, as if you hadn't teased me plenty earlier." Shifting backwards Minerva pulled her feet beneath herself and manouvered to shift her hold from his torso to shoulders, fingers prying off his cape and setting it off to the side before sinking into the muscles that were still hiding beneath more clothing. "Or we could take a moment and not think about silly things like clothes... " She said as those digits set into motion, administering rolling pushes to what she could only imagine to be a tense upper back, both from flight and the tresspass.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

"I suppose you're right. That can wait."

He sighed gratefully as Minerva began to massage his tense shoulders.

"I need to try and keep a clear head while I think things through."

His shoulders did relax some but uneasily with unconscious tension, unaccustomed to relief.

"Just need to force him to play by our rules... though you can't expect a savage to play by... rules. He hasn't got the blood for it."

He laughed softy.

"You'll agree with the rest of them by the end I think. Maybe some sort of shrink er, therapist or... Voodoo Witch Doctor, what have you, would do me some good."

He exhaled as he let his head hang some and stretched his shoulders briefly. His voice getting lower as he rambled.

"Just gets my blood boiling... I have no idea how you manage to keep cool."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Minerva's efforts continued as he went on, those hands pressing along his back as they smoothed up and down along the sides of his spine, fighting with those taut muscles to work them into complete relaxation. His last remark however brought a dark laugh from her as those cheeks inflamed with blush, and only once she was certain she'd been thorough would she lean in and hug him once more, head perched upon his shoulder. "Only when I'm with you. My temper is still, volatile at best..." She didn't like to admit it, but he was the only person she knew whom could calm her just by being present. Smiling genuinely at this she kissed his cheek softly.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He chuckled.

"That must be true because you could have fooled me. I'll count myself lucky then. I don't suppose being hot-blooded makes you anymore hot-blooded than a warm blood. Unless it does..."

He smiled.

"Though I will say, I could fall asleep right here. Your body temperature being higher than mine and being pressed into my back by that massage made me feel like melting."

He stretched carefully keep from moving too much with Minerva on his shoulder. He leaned his head affectionately against hers.

"It certainly helped melt some of my worry away."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

"It did? I'm happy to hear that. I had invited you here to relax with me after all." She emphasized 'relax' with another gentle squeeze, which lead to a slow pull in efforts to bring them both fully onto the firm cushiness of the mattress. Once Uly's feet were over the edge of the bed she allowed her upper body to flop backwards, giggling softly as she coaxed him to sprawl out with her. Arms draped around him she let out a sigh and closed her eyes, nestled in against his side.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He let out a slow growling groan as he was pulled back. When he had gotten comfortable he gave out a long exhale through is nose. He lay next to Minerva, cupping her body with his arm his hand on her lower back.

"This is... a good idea. I had forgotten how warm you are during our time apart. I must feel like death compared to your body temperature."

He situated his shoulders some. He spoke low and relaxed.

"This bed is phenomenal. Maybe from being up all day, but this is fantastic."

He turned his body more toward Minerva. Resting his head on his free arm.

"You'll have me asleep before long. Is that your mischief here?"

He was smiling but his eyes were beginning to blink slowly.

"If you've got any other ideas for me then you may want to speak up. I feel this is a battle I'm going to lose."

He chuckled low and content.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Heading up an all too familiar dirt road, a woman keeps her bright green eyes on the sky. Spring was coming, and well. Now that her fabulous honeymoon was over, it was time she started to think about behaving like a normal person again. A smile creeps across her face. Time for sass, designing, and liquor. She had cut back on the drinking, but a treat here and there wouldn't hurt anything.

Right?

Tearing her eyes away from the sky, she looks down at a large canvas bag slung over her shoulder, and bouncing against her hip. She had still been sketching. Designs weren't likely to ever leave the woman's mind for very long. But now, they needed to be solidified, and colored. And then actual production could happen. And not just for some pretty clothes.

Blodwyn smiles wide, also thinking about making jewelry and other things in her forge. It was be so nice to get dirty and covered in soot and ash again. A giggles escapes her. Having her beloved husband would be surely fun, too. Stopping at the steps just before the building, she looks up at it. It seems little Bunni, the robot-girl tasked with keeping up the place, had been busy. Blodwyn smiles softer, and starts up the stairs. Bassy would probably be along shortly, once he realized his wife was no longer in bed.

"Such a long time."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She shook her head as best she could with it pressed between the bed and his form, giggling softly at the sight of his drowsiness. "Nothing that can not wait, you seem to be well on your way to a good night's rest. This is only the beginning of a wonderful time together." Chiska be damned, she added silently as a devilish glint flickered in her gaze. Minerva was intent on having fun and wasn't about to let a dissident interfere. Her own eyes were steadily becoming heavy as they lay in the quiet room, fighting off a yawn she closed what little gap was left between them for a kiss. "It's good to have you back Uly..."

π•Šπ•–π•“π•’π•€π•₯π•šπ•’π•Ÿ

He was faster on the draw today, having gotten out of bed when he heard the door close. Taking his time however the blue haired man ran a brush through the shaggy locks that were in need of a trim. Golden eyes stared back at him from the mirror in the bathroom, examaning the broad and lean figure he possesed. Covering his tattooed torso with a black t-shirt and yellow overshirt, he adjusted the fit of his denim pants, loving the feel of the completely custom cut of his wife's handiwork. Heading for the door he scooped up a leather satchel and slung it over his shoulder, hoping to catch up with Bloddy in no time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff