Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blake didn't have much energy to try and ease Amelia or try to help the naga lady, so all he did was swallow the vial of liquid as she poured it in, and he shut his eyes as he felt her hands rest on his arm. Ohhhhh ********.

Then came the snap, and Blake felt quite a bit of pain. Probably not as much as he could have, but wow, it hurt. "Aaaah s**t!" Blake cried out, slamming his head on the ground and trying to breathe. "Wooo...oh my God..." he groaned.

As the women talked, Blake found himself growing sleepy, against his will on top of that. He let out a soft cough before closing his eyes, falling asleep while the two discussed what to do with him. So tired...

((Sorry. My sign off. Night all!))

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Bunni heads back into the house, her ears rotating. She was sending out basic commands for information to the Spindles. It had taken a while, but she had managed to set up communications with them. Heading into the bar, her gold eyes were large. "Damage assessment complete. Other than the shed being damaged with some broken shipping crates, there is no damage to the grounds."

She looked over at the Spindle, her head tipping. "Correction. There is a large burned area, but it's been controlled. There are two afflicted outside. One has minor injuries, the other severe. The Nahga working as a Paramedic has been deployed." Her head moves back to Jenkins. "Returning to locate source of ignition. Executing program 46-E."

Right now, Bunni was in an automated state. She was there, but then wasn't quite. Her defense program was running. If anyone unauthorized tried to touch her, they would receive a near-lethal shock. Voltage would be determined from a bio-scan. "Repeat program 32-B."

(( I actually need to head to bed now. I open in the morning and need to be up in about 5 hours. G'night! ))

Divine Hunter

9,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
Sir Zeta II

((You're not intruding. But I won't be on much longer, and I don't know if anyone else will be around. I apologize.))

(That's perfectly fine, I'll leave a response here if you care to respond later :33)

Derrick nodded in the direction of the voice she heard. "Thanks much. I'd hardly noticed it," she replied. Sure she was lying about what she had picked up, but she didn't want to bother whoever this man was with that. It mattered very little to her in the long run.
She made her way towards the voice. Constantly, but subtly, she sniffed the air, careful to make sure she ran into no obstacles. As she came across the counter, Derrick ran her hand across it, sliding sideways until her invisible tail encountered a stool. She sat.
"What all you got for a thirsty wanderer?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

Everything seemed to swirl around in black for Blake as he felt himself slowly returning to consciousness. All he could feel now was pain. It hurt to move, even to breathe!

Christ, he needed a drink. Then he needed Amelia. Where the hell was she? Wait..where the hell was HE?

Blake opened his eyes slowly and let loose a soft, long curse before lifting his head. Suddenly, the contents of his brain seemed to swirl around inside his skull, and he felt the urge to vomit. [********] he sighed, shutting his eyes while waiting for his head to cooperate with him.

He could feel a bed beneath him, but was having issue with which bed it was. He just hoped Amelia was alright. If anything happened to her...

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

Månen "Amelia" Úlfur
User Image

Amelia was leaning against the door, using her weight to keep it shut. After the Nahga had finished her care, Amelia had kicked her out. She doubted she would come back in... but still. The window was shut tight, locked, and curtains drawn. And if someone could manage to move her from her spot... well s**t. They could probably move a mountain. The woman looked like she was sleeping, but she wasn't. She was teetering between being awake and not, but was more awake. Hearing sound, one of her ears twitches.

Eyes snapping open, she looks up to the bed where Blake was. He was awake. Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself down. Pushing up to a stand, the Wolf slowly makes her way over, coming up to the left side of the bed. Amelia started to reach out, but stopped. "... hey. Don't move around too much. You're covered in burns, and we got your arm bound in a sling, and a splint on your foot..."

Crossing her arms, the Wolf sighs, looking away from him. "I've got water. I'm not allowed to give you anything else until that weirdo healing venom s**t is out of your system. Supposed to take three days." Hazel eyes sweep the room, as if Amelia was expecting something. She wasn't, but right now her nerves were frayed.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

Blake smiled weakly as she approached, and he was waiting for her hands to rest on him, but then they stopped. She gave him a rundown of his limitations, and he scowled a little. This was NOT in his plans. Then again, blowing up hadn't been either, and look at him now.

Any other man would have been completely obliterated by that blast. Thankfully, Blake had the edge of being something a little more than human. He was honestly just thankful that Amelia hadn't been hurt.

"So...you gonna kiss me, or do I have to break my other arm for that?" he joked with a small smile, wanting to make the best of his situation. "Come here you..." He motioned her closer. No matter what, as long as he had her, he was alright. "This just proves my point though," he continued. "You gotta be careful wolfie. They're sneaking around here, and nobody's going to sniff 'em out until it's too late. Unless we sniff 'em out."

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

Månen "Amelia" Úlfur
User Image

Amelia gave him an unsure look, hugging her arms around herself tighter. "I don't want to hurt you. You're already laid up." Ears flattening against her hair, the wolf woman does her best to not just back away completely. She couldn't help but feel this was her fault. All of it. Sure, what he did made this kind of thing bound to happen... but they were going after her to get to him. That just... made her feel like it was completely, and utterly... her fault.

After a few more moments, Amelia gives in and leans down, giving him a gentle kiss on the lips. Thankfully, he hadn't asked why she had been across the room, rather than next to him. She had been too ashamed to touch him. She was a wolf. A beast of Odin... more or less, one of the most dangerous guard dogs anyone could hope to wish for... and yet this happened. She had let it happen. Amelia was a failure.

Sitting lightly on the edge of his bed, making sure still not to touch him, her hands move to dig her nails into her knees. "My brother and the clan should be here soon." Amelia wanted to apologize... desperately. But she had the feeling that would only annoy him, or piss him off. For whatever reason, Blake didn't seem to blame her... which he should. Her ears flatten more, and her shoulders hunch.

It wasn't like her to be so quiet, but ********. She couldn't think of a single thing to say... even when he was hurt so badly, she hadn't been able to do anything for him. With a heavy sigh, her eyes shut and her head drops. Worthless, that's what she was. Good for nothing. But being eye candy... and with the giant scar running down her cheek, she felt like she wasn't even very good at that. "... ********]

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

Blake was just watching the weight of Amelia's guilt drive her ears down, then her head, then her shoulders. She just seemed to be crumbling under it. This was breaking his heart. ********...

As she sat on the bed, letting herself spiral into her own pit of depression, Blake knew he had to do something. No amount of words would snap her out of this, he knew that. No matter what he said.

He began to inch his way down the bed, trying not to move his splint or sling too much. He whirled himself about and tried to snuggle himself into Amelia's lap. If she wouldn't touch him, he would touch her, make her interact with him. That was probably the only way she would get over this kind of thing. Staying away from him and ignoring him wasn't going to fix this problem. He needed her now more than ever.

"Come on, wolfie," he said. "I'm okay, I promise...I've been through worse, and none of this was your fault."

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

Månen "Amelia" Úlfur
User Image

Opening her eyes a bit, she watches him slowly worm over to her, and snuggle into her lap. Amelia manages to crack a bit of a smile. Unable to help herself, she reaches out, gently stroking his the black skin of his cheek. Her ears were still flat, but at least she didn't look like a complete heap of depression. A soft sigh escapes her, bringing her other hand over, Amelia begins to massage his temples.

"I wish I could make you feel better. I don't like you being hurt like this." Starting to run a hand through his hair, her head violently whips towards the door, hazel eyes narrowing dangerously. She sat there, glaring at it before the sound even came. It was three hesitant knocks. Letting her face twist into a sour glare, the wolf tensed up her body. If anyone tried anything... she would destroy the entire building to keep Blake safe... if she had to.

"What." Not a question... a statement. A demand.

User Image

Although locked, that didn't stop the being on the other door. It soon swung open, and there tood a man who looked like he had no interest in being snapped at. "Lovely way to greet people at the door, little moon." He watches her react with surprise. "Yes yes, I know. Long time, blah blah. I'm here because your brother says he cannot head over when promised. So I'm the stand-in body guard."

Rolling his shoulders, he tries not to yawn. Soon, his intense blue eyes land on the man snuggled into Amelia's lap. "My name is Javaris. I work for the Úlfur Clan. Now for shits sake, you brat girl." His eyes narrow, glaring at Amelia. "Get some sleep. I can tell you've been awake for two days. Almost three. And don't argue... I'm being paid to be your Nanny on top of his bodyguard. SLEEP." Slamming the door, the male makes his way back downstairs.

He heads outside, lighting up a cigarette as he crosses the threshold. "... not paid enough for this ******** s**t..."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

A soft smile spread across Blake's face. Finally, he got her to break out of that shell of hers. Oh yeah...this was perfect...

He felt her hands gently stroke along his face and in his hair, and as she spoke, he shook his head. "The ******** you talkin' about, wolfie? You're already making me feel better..." He took a deep breath and started to relax himself, relishing the warmth and gentle touch Amelia provided.

Suddenly, Amelia went right back on edge, and Blake slowly sat up, about to demand what the ******** this guy thought he was doing.

Then his guy got all up in their ******** business. Hired by her brother? Well that was just ******** great, wasn't it? As soon as the guy left, Blake shook his head. "What the hell...?"

He looked over at Amelia. "Well, he said sleep. How about it?" He smiled and reached up to gently scratch one of her ears before moving back to lay down in bed. If she thought he was going to spend the night alone, she was out of her mind.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

Månen "Amelia" Úlfur
User Image

Despite the sudden surprise of the man, Amelia was smiling and looking relieved. She looks over to Blake, wondering if she could explain the man. "... that's Java-... I mean. Hawthorne." Her eyes roll. "He's a cranky old b*****d... actually he's only a few years older than I am." She lifts her arms, stretching. "He's kind of like an Uncle... whatever. He's strong, so I can sleep easy." Her ear twitches a bit as he gives it a scratch.

Gently pressing a hand on his chest, she helps him lay back down. "Down, boy." Amelia giggles. Usually, she was the one spoken to like some dog. "Don't mind him. He's just a ******** a*****e. Focus on me, and healing up, alright?" Carefully, she lies down next to him, and as gingerly as she can, snuggles up to his side. Reaching up, she gently rubs his chest.

"I'm sure you'll get to like him... he spends most his time drinking and smoking and hating almost everything... kind of like me." Leaning up, Amelia plants a gentle kiss on his jaw. "Mind if I nap here?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
-- Blake Rhodes --
The Hunter

Blake yawned and smiled. "Hawthorne, huh? Sounds like a real party animal." As she pushed him back down on the bed, he put his hands behind his head and continued to smirk. Then she snuggled against his side, and as her hand gently rubbed across his chest, he brought his good arm around her and pulled her close.

"I will. I wasn't focused on anything else anyway," he replied, taking her chin in his hand and tilting her head up so he could kiss her lips. "Frankly, if you had napped anywhere else, I would have been upset." He snuggled closer to her and yawned again.

As he fell back asleep, he concentrated on the warmth that Amelia was giving off. Damn, she was the best to sleep with, even if there was nothing funny going on. He'd be better in no time. And then somebody was going to be ******** up.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Javaris was outside, staring off into space, a cigarette softly glowing between his lips. Well, she hadn't followed him out to snark at him, or to complain. Good, that meant she was probably going to do as he said, and sleep. That man... he seemed to make that shitty brat act more like an adult. That was also good. Letting out a heavy puff of smoke into a line straight into the sky, the man sighed.

He was almost thirty now... thirty! He'd feel more old... if it wasn't for the fact that he knew he wouldn't age a day past what he currently was. Reaching up, he removes his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. Ugh. Being practically immortal didn't stop him from getting headaches... shame. Ah, well... he just had to stay here until MÃ¥nen's brother showed up. At that point, his job would be over and he could shuffle right back to where he had been...

... some dark and slightly dusty dive bar, full of old codgers. Ones who could appreciate the same things as him. Tea, Coffee, Brandy, Gin, Whiskey, Cigars, and the like... He wouldn't have to drink or even look at the swill these people called beer. It was just... disgusting. Pulling the dead cigarette from his lips, he puts the end of it out on an ash tray, and contemplates another... It wasn't like it would kill him...

Fashionable Businessman

2,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ashi-Taka walked in a little disgruntled "stupid bastards.... so damn lucky they had that f****king badge.." he muttered as he found a spot to sit.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Yoshe stepped out of the kitchen, holding a giant tray of muffins. They smelled strongly of various flavors. Chocolate chip, banana nut, cranberry, blueberry, and many others. She had been having far too much fun in the kitchen. The young cook sets the tray on the counter and looks up, eyes landing on the newcomer.

"Oh! Hello! Welcome to the Rosewood... can I help you?" Sure, she wasn't actually the bartender... but as long as nothing too complicated was ordered, she should be able to make it... hopefully. She might get yelled at, though... only being 19, she really shouldn't be touching any of the alcohol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff