Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"No matter the race, no matter the gender, we are all unified by the same beating heart..."
Current Race: HUMAN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Drake winced as she described it, shaking his head. "Ah...no...it feels natural, like...like changing clothes. I think about what I want to see on me, and there it is. Sure, it feels a little weird for the larger changes, but that's to be expected."

Then Drake got an idea. "That's...that's it!" he cried, surging to his feet, though he did it a little too quickly, and he got dizzy. It was no secret that Drake liked to neglect himself when working on a project, and with very little sleep or food, Drake suddenly was in danger of passing out.

"Ah...ugh..." he moaned, falling back in the chair. "Oh God...that hasn't happened in awhile..." he sighed, rubbing his eyes and trying to ease the headache he now had. "A-Anyway, we'll save the idea for another time..." He took his hands away from his eyes and looked at her again, smiling gently. "I don't feel the pain, and pretty soon, neither will you. I'm very close..."

He sighed, sitting up, taking in her appearance. She'd grown in height, and her hips and chest were more curved now, much more curved, in fact. "You look very nice in that form," he complemented, smiling politely.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Kneeling next to him once he fell down. "You haven't been properly caring for yourself. That weakens the mind, you know." Chastising him, she smiles a bit. "Thanks. From the humans I've seen, this was the most basic thing to relate to." She shrugs. Sighing a bit, Abba reaches up, and runs her fingers through her hair. As they moved, the length extends with her hands.

"See that? That just barely tingled. Things like that are painless. It's the big changes that hurt. I would rather deal with the pain if it meant that you'd take care of yourself. You're the only friend I have in this place, Doctah." Her wide eyes that moved like the Universe itself stare up at him. "Please? Promise you will."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"No matter the race, no matter the gender, we are all unified by the same beating heart..."

Drake watched Abba's eyes, lost in the stars that seemed to twinkle as he watched them. Then he closed his eyes and sighed softly, nodding. "I will, Abba," he said, then opened his eyes and smiled. "You're...heh...really the only friend I have right now too. I'm glad you happened to fall by when you did." He sat up, rubbing his eyes again. "Mm...perhaps more than three hours of sleep tonight," he observed with a soft chuckle. "And maybe some real food."

He dropped his hands from his eyes and rested a hand on Abba's shoulder. "Sorry I get carried away. I'm just coming out of a difficult time, and helping you with your problem - and just having you here, for that matter - has been helping me with that..."

He stood up, rolling his neck and smiling tiredly down to her. "I'm just going to work for a few more minutes, and then I'll go to bed. Here, let me show you."

He walked to his desk and showed her the screen of his laptop. "I have almost your entire gene decoded, and what's better is that I've locate a potential locus where I can insert a gene that will nullify the pain that comes with your transformation." He straightened, rubbing his chin. "The question is what will act as the substitute." He smiled down at her. "I have a theory. If I can extract the gene that allows me to undergo painless transformations, then I can code it into your genome at that locus, and maybe we will have a satisfactory result!"

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Smiling, Abba stands and follows after him. Looking at his progress, she nods. It was impressive! He had done so much, in so little time! Though... she was wondering how this would effect her use of being a disease containment control... shaking her head, she stands and smiles again. "That's fantastic, Doctah! You're really too awesome."

Standing there, the female was confused. Conflicting emotions she hadn't had before. But then, this was her first time as a human. Were these human emotions? No... she'd felt emotions like this before as other types of species... just not quite like this. Considering it for a moment, she looks over at Drake. Yup. It must be the surge of emotion from Friendship. Nothing else made sense.

Leaning close, Abba slips her arms around the man, and gives him a hug. This is what she was wanting to do. Though, she felt she would want to hug him still if she was in any of her forms. "Thanks."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drake couldn't help but blush a little as she called him awesome. "Heh...it's nothing, really...it should keep every other ability of yours in check. I won't go messing with what I know nothing of. I only know that you won't feel any pain when you transform if this all goes well. I'm glad I could-"

He was caught off-guard by the hug, and he blushed a little deeper. "Hehe...you're welcome, Abba. Anything for a friend." He rested his hands on her back and returned the hug gently. He'd hug her for as long as she'd allow it before stepping back and closing his laptop. "So...tell me, Abba. What did you work on before you arrived here? I remember you saying you were shot into space by your previous supervisor, but what were the details of your previous research?" He couldn't help but be curious, though he felt like she might have told them upon first arriving here. Either way, he was eager to know.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Her eyes widen a bit at the question, and she looks down. She had hoped he wouldn't ask... she... Abba didn't want him to think less of her. Reaching up, she rubs her neck, keeping her eyes down. "... I... I should explain that with my coding... I have to do as directed and asked... it's... it's kind of like I've been programmed..." Shuffling her feet, she sighs.

"I was working with... a not very good man..." Crossing her arms across her chest, she frowns and moves her arms underneath them, instead. Maybe copying the women in town wasn't a good idea. They were... built oddly. Or maybe it was her who was odd. Abba was unused to having such... curves. Of any kind. "He... he had gone mad. The Board didn't know that when they sent me to him..." Her eyes raise.

"... in a sense, we finished what he had wanted to do. But right before it was perfected, he had a moment of clarity and sent me away..." She steps back. Abba couldn't understand. She was having a terrible feeling, as if she were sinking. Was... this fear? "... a Doomsday device... I helped create something to destroy the planet he lived on." Feeling like she had been dipped into ice, Abba backs up a bit more. She was unsure of what else to do.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drake listened quietly as she explained her previous work, and with difficulty, which he could understand. When she finished, he shook his head. "My God...I'm sorry, Abba. That must have been hard for you to accept when you left..."

He crossed the room, walking up to her again, this time resting his hands on both her shoulders. "I don't blame you in the slightest for what happened. You were designed to be tool. It's in your DNA..."

He frowned deeply. "But just because something is encoded in your genes doesn't mean it can't be changed..." He'd just found his next project. Getting Abba her free will. It would be more a matter of neuroscience, but perhaps...perhaps he had the tools and the knowledge to do it.

He shook his head, clearing it of the science. He watched Abba for a few moments, and this time, he initiated the hug, giving her a small squeeze through it before letting her go. "I won't ask about it again. I think we both have things we need to forget..."

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Beginning to shake like a leaf in a windstorm, Abba all but cumples against him. She... she didn't like being in human form anymore. Sure, she had these emotions naturally... but being human caused them to be multiplied. Abba had always felt bad about what had happened, though she had no control nor choice in the matter... but not enough to...

"... am I crying?" Her voice held an odd amount of horror. She had never cried before, except for the first times she had shifted form after coming out of the tube. Reaching up, the female covers her face, trying not to feel shame in sobbing. "I-I am meant to be a mostly emotionless husk! I shouldn't... what is this?" Looking up at Drake through her fingers, she looked terrified. "... is this what being human is like? It's terrible!" Of course, she meant all the emotions and the strength of them.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drake's heart ached, and he shook his head. "No no no, Abba! This isn't what being a human is all about." He bent down, wiping away her tears with his fingers. "It's alright to cry, though...you can cry all you want here...you can be human here..." He kept his hands on her cheeks, watching her tearful but still beautiful universal eyes with his own eyes, those strange mixes of orange, blue, purple, and red swirling in an incomprehensible whirlpool.

"Listen...I want you to take a deep breath, alright? I know these emotions must seem terrible to you, but trust me when I say that they will pass, and you will be happy again." He tilted his head a little. "I don't think you were made to be emotionless. If you had, then you would be, but you were given emotions to feel them, and now you do." He sighed, giving her another hug, this time a firm one full of warmth. "Just take deep breaths and think of happier things, and you will feel much better..." This was all he could do. Abba would have to do the rest on her own, but he had faith in her.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Sniffling, Abba buries her face against him. She would have already turned back... but turning more than once in one day was even more damn painful... especially if it was a form she hadn't taken before. She knew why she had emotions at all. Mumbling into his shoulder, she decides not to repeat herself... it was better if Drake didn't know. Humans were such emotional things.

Sighing softly, her eyes close. It was hard to be a creature that was used primarily to observe disease... since so many diseases also infected the psychological and emotional parts of the mind... that was why she even had emotions. If he knew that... that would make him pity her more. That wasn't what she wanted. "I-I'm fine... I'm fine."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drake pulled back, watching her suspiciously, but he nodded. "Good..." He checked his watch, then sighed. "Well...I should go to bed. Goodnight, Abba. I promise I won't be awake when you wake up." He laughed a little bit, brushing his hair back. "I know it's rough, but once you change back, you'll probably be fine. But...if you can help it, it might be best if you didn't do it until later tomorrow. I'll be implanting the gene then, if all goes well, if you're up for it, of course." He patted her shoulder gently, then walked past her, looking back with a smile. "Goodnight again, Abba. Just think happy thoughts!" He pointed to his brain and smiled before disappearing into the bedroom. He slipped under the covers and was almost instantly asleep, soothed into slumber by the sounds of the machines and the knowledge that Abba was here still. It helped to have someone else in the lab. It didn't feel so lonely then. He only hoped that Abba wouldn't sleep somewhere absurd like on the floor tonight. She was more than welcome to share the bed, though he knew he really had to get a second one in here. Perhaps tomorrow...

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
The Assistant

Waving with a small smile, she nods a silent goodnight to Drake. Taking a seat at his table, Abba sighs. Resting her hands on her knees, she takes a few deep breaths after he was gone. Abba was still VERY unsure on how to feel about being... human. It was... it was weird. Standing, she looks around... Abba was tired... but... her eyes glance towards Drake had gone. Feeling heat rush to her face, she shakes her head and rubs an arm.

NOPE. No way. She wasn't going to join him. That... that wasn't something she could handle in this form. Sighing, the woman steps outside for a moment. Within moments, she returns with a few things from her pod. And sure enough... found a spot on the floor. laying down, she lets her eyes flutter shut. Why was she so tired? Ugh. Today had been so confusing... but now was the time for sleep...

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Drake Parrish
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drake woke up after about seven hours of sleep, which was good enough for him. He realized there was little food in the fridge that could be eaten, so he threw out what wasn't good, then made some toast for himself and coated it with butter.

He came out into the living room to find Abba asleep on the floor, and he sighed softly, putting a reminder in his head to buy a new bed. He carefully stepped over her, not wanting to wake her up. At least, Abba was still a she as far as he could tell.

He threw himself down into his chair and began to work, carefully reading his own genome until he found the gene he wanted. There it was, the potential to fix Abba's pain problem. He sighed, then went to get a clean syringe. After striking a vein and drawing a bit of blood, he sampled it, then began the slow, meticulous process of extracting a single gene from the entire code. It wasn't easy, and it utilized technology far beyond what was used today. Drake's equipment wasn't exactly human, but it was close enough to human to be valid.

During this time, he left a note to Abba, saying that he was going out to buy some things, and he needed her to watch the samples every fifteen minutes to make sure nothing weird happened. Then, he threw on his coat and went out the door, intent on getting groceries and ordering a new bed.

5,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Silver walks into the lounge area of the hotel and looks around quietly. "Hello? Anyone here?"

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
~Don't judge a book by its cover...~

There were two men sitting on the steps of the back deck conversing in low voices. The first was Sanjo, the red haired man had at last managed to pin down Sebastian, whom apparently was also known as Bassy by a few of the women he'd encountered.

It had been a very long day, especially after telling Sebastian the news about his sister, Sanjo's fiancee. The poor girl had been involved in an accident, and was unfortunately no longer among the living. Sebastian had been devistated, but with Sanjo's help had managed to calm himself.

"Thank you, very much man for taking care of her. She meant the world to me." Sebastian patted the red head's back and sighed, he missed his sister greatly, and wished he could have at least had the chance to say good bye.

"Hey, its the least I could do, I loved her. I'm very sorry that you had to find out this way." Sanjo adjusted his vest and sighed, shaking his head. It really was a shame, he and Meredith had hoped to come up and visit before the wedding.

~...Learn to read between the lines~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces