8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

"I'm a feckin' satyr, not a bloody goat-man!"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"AGH!"

A satyr fell through the door, landing on his front. He groaned, looking up and rubbing his head. "Stupid feckin'..." he grumbled. Then he stared at his hooves, hatefully glaring at the two giant horseshoes attached to them. He couldn't move in these damned things...

Sighing, he shakily stood up, wobbling on his hooves before walking carefully to the lounge. He fell into one of the couches, then began to pull at the giant horseshoes on his feet. Eventually, he leaned over and grabbed the poker from the fireplace and tried to pry one of them off.

Playful Nerd

[¤ Łet gσ αηd ruη free...

Another run, another day spent in the freezing cold. The blue satyr had to take her time coming back. All that racing had left her winded. Takal, however, wasn't. Proudly he swooped onto the railing of the deck and bobbed as he waited for his master. "Yea yea... I see you, almighty king of the race." She stuck her tongue out at the black bird as she made her way to the door. She swung it open, allowing Takal to land on her shoulder first before she stepped in. To her surprise, there was a satyr, sitting on one of the couches trying to pry off his horseshoes. "Uh...need any help, mister?"

Mαybe theη yσu'll fiηαlly see...¤]

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

The man nodded without looking behind him. "Yeah! Got a feckin' crowbar or something?!" He glanced behind him, then looked back at his horseshoe. Suddenly, he did a double take. "Holy hell! Never thought I'd see one o' my own here!"

He threw the poker aside. "Can ya help me get these damn horseshoes off?"

Playful Nerd

"Y-yea, sure!" Sai started up the stairs, then stopped herself, causing her bird to jostle on her shoulder. "Um...I-I'll be right back! Need my kit." Holy crap, what was that? One o' my kind... His voice echoed as she reached her room and dove into her bathroom. He couldn't be a satyr could he? Her face scrunched up as she pulled out an ornate oak and gold box the size of a shoe box. Eh, she'd find out soon enough. Hurrying back downstairs, she tucked the box under her arm. "Sorry. Gotta have my tools." She blushed, setting the box down on the floor. Rummaging through it, she pulled out a small hammer and handed it to him. "Here. Pull out the nails. Carefully or you'll splinter the wall."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

The satyr sat there, picking at his horns while the satyr girl went running up the stairs. When she came back, he eagerly grabbed the hammer. "Ah, finally!"

He dug into one of the nails and slowly began to pry it out. "Ahhhh..." he sighed, watching as the nail went flying off. "That's more like it!" he said with a giggle. He began to pull the next one out, then grinned over at her. "Thank ya! What's yer name, lass?" Another nail went flying, and he dug into another, bright pink eyes narrowed in concentration.

Playful Nerd

"Lass?" Sai curiously repeated. "Saizu. Or Blue, whichever you prefer." She replied, watching as another nail was dug out. "Who put those on you? They did a terrible job, it looks like."She asked, reaching up to stroke Takal's wing.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

The man looked over at her. "Saizu eh? I'll go with that. Don't think I can believe they named ya after a bloody color." He chuckled, then sent another nail flying. "Can ye feckin' believe this? Damned cops slapped these on me to keep me outta trouble. Screw 'em, I say. I'm off parole, and I ain't plannin' on goin' back to it either."

He yanked one whole horseshoe off with a laugh, then chucked it into the fire. "Ooh baby! That feels great!"

He began working on the other. "So...where the hell am I, exactly?" He stopped, then looked over at her. "I'm Ash, by the way."

Playful Nerd

"It's a nickname." Sai shrugged, crossing her arms. She watched as he threw the horseshoe into the fire. What a waste of good metal. "The Rosewood Saber Tavern and Inn, near Meadowridge." She shifted on her hooves a bit. "Why were you on parole, Mister Ash? Eat somebody's hat or something?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ash stopped, then raised his eyebrow at her. "What is that...some kinda crack about me bein' part goat?" he replied. "Wouldn't have expected that from one o' me own..."

He sighed, looking away and shaking his head. "No...property damage, lass. Busted a few priceless things and suddenly, the cops are on my arse, slapping horseshoes on me feet and puttin' me on parole."

He pulled off another nail, then worked on the last one. "So close...so feckin' close..."

Playful Nerd

"Sorry. Bad habit from ages ago." Sai admitted with an embarrassed chuckle. There he went, saying something about one o' me own again. "That's it?" She scoffed. "I guess they never heard of accidents before. Wait, it was an accident right?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ash was silent, then pried the last nail off and threw it into the fire as well. Then he leapt to his hooves, bending his knees and jogging in place. "Hahaaaa! Yeah!"

He leapt in the air, flipping, then landing perfectly. "That's the way we do it!"

Ash leapt over to Saizu and grasped her hand, shaking it up and down. "Thank ya, Saizu! Thanks a million!"

Playful Nerd

((I should get to bed. School in the morning.))

Sai snorted, seeing through his silence. Of course it wasn't an accident... His flip startled her and Takal, who flew off in a fit. She wiggled as he shook her hand. "Y-you're welcome, Mister Ash. But uh, I should get some rest. You're welcome to stay, so long as you don't break anything."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
((Alright. Night!))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash