FILM IT! *grabs camera* 0.061576354679803 6.2% [ 25 ]
MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT! *grabs goose costume* 0.10591133004926 10.6% [ 43 ]
TWEET IT! *grabs phone* 0.029556650246305 3.0% [ 12 ]
MAKE A STUPID POLL ABOUT IT! *...* 0.10837438423645 10.8% [ 44 ]
*honk honk* 0.33990147783251 34.0% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 406 ]

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kneeling next to one of the now indoor plants, Jasmine hums softly. Her long tail was twitching a bit. Running a finger over the petals, her bright eyes close half over. Humming a bit louder, she was almost singing... but not quite. That would draw too much attention to her. She had been slowly getting used to the numerous people here, by being around the Spindles.

They didn't have genders, and so she was able to be rather neutral around them. Standing slowly, she pats her hands off, looking around. This room was warm... that was good. Smiling a bit, she makes her way to the fireplace, her defenses down a bit. For once... Jasmine was relaxed.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

XXXxxXXXXX"Your vision is limited not by what you cannot see, but by what you think you cannot see..."
XX⊰━━━━━━━━ ━ ◎ ━ ━━━━━━━━⊱

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The door opened slowly, and a figure stepped through, buffeted by the wind and snow. He shut the door quietly, then drew his white cloak tighter around himself. Heterochromiac eyes swept the lounge, and he saw only one person there, a woman with a long black tail and small black horns.

He approached her quietly, sitting down on a couch a few feet away from her. "Hello..." he said politely, his voice as gentle as the smile that was placed on his face. "May I ask your name?"

In his arms, the man held a small leatherbound notebook, clutched tightly to his chest. He carefully situated his cloak so that it was hidden from view before gazing to the fire for a moment. He quickly averted his eyes to hers, the smile still present.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Jumping a bit at the sudden voice, Jasmine's bright teal eyes lock onto his. Nervously glancing around, she swallows a bit, keeping a fair bit of distance between them. "H-H-Hello... I'm... Jasmine." The poor things voice was barely above a whisper. Her darting off to the side, her tail quickly curls around her waist. Another newcomer. Another man. She just had to calm down... the big Spindle told her that people here were nice... and that it was kind of mean to be frightened of them all.

With a great deal of effort, she makes herself sit down, and try to relax. He wasn't going to eat, kill, or rape her. She just had to... calm down. Taking a deep breath, she closes her eyes and releases it slowly. "Jasmine. My name is Jasmine." This time, her voice was much stronger.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

XXXxxXXXXX"Your vision is limited not by what you cannot see, but by what you think you cannot see..."

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Oliver's smiled faded, and he tilted his head a little. "I'm sorry...I didn't quite hear that..."

Then she repeated herself, stronger, and his smile returned. "A pleasure, Jasmine. My name is Oliver." He looked to the fire again, then back to her. She was quite beautiful, but she was very shy. His eyes took hers in for a moment, and he closed his eyes.

A long series of scenes flashed in his vision, and he clenched them tighter with each second. Finally, they opened, and he exhaled slowly, as if he were in pain. For a moment, he didn't say anything. Then, he smiled again. "I noticed the flowers there. Are they yours? It is very nice of you to save them from the bitter cold."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

She blushes, eyes dropping to her lap. Jasmine fusses with a wrinkle in her jeans for a moment. "... I couldn't leave them out in the snow. I'm from a Desert Country, and had a garden there... this place is so very different... Maybe they're okay with leaving the poor things out to freeze. But I couldn't do that. Ever." Realizing he was gentle mannered... or at least was for the moment, she glances up at him again.

"Oliver... what are you doing in a place like this? It's cold, and kind of... empty." Her eyes slide off to the side, her voice quieting again. "And the new bartender is a very scary lady." Her brush-in with Amelia had been... awkward. Amelia had tried to be nice to the skittish Jasmine, but Jasmine squeaked like a mouse and ran upstairs. Amelia smelled... scary. Like ashes and... dogs. Big dogs.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The young man folded his legs, his ankle resting on his knee, the smile still on his face. "How kind of you. And yes, there are many who allow the life here to wither and die. They say it's the way of the world..." He closed his eyes, then opened them and looked at her. "But life can always be preserved, if one cares enough."

The smile broadened, and his eyes smiled as well. "You did a wonderful thing."

Her questioned brought his eyes back to her, and he nodded. "Yes...this place is quite cold and empty right now...but I came here because I was called here by the wind." He suddenly laughed quietly. "I know that sounds quite ridiculous, but something about this place brought me here, and I answered the call. And so I am here, letting what may come and greet me."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Jasmine blinks... he was certainly a deep philosophical type, wasn't he? She was simple... all she cared about were flowers. Her eyes meekly turn away again. Oliver was much more mentally sound than Jasmine could ever hope to be. Reaching up, she nervously tucks some hair behind an ear.

"C-came here by your own choice? Lucky." A sigh escapes her. "I... I don't know why I'm here... Gardening is all I'm good at... but right now it's frozen and dead." Her shoulders droop. "Not much point in my being here."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Oliver frowned, then stood up, walking two steps before sitting again, this time closer to her, his cloak surrounding him and hiding every part of his body but his head. "Is that what you truly believe?" he asked her quietly, tilting his head. "Or were you told that?"

He smiled suddenly. "Life does not find itself somewhere for no reason. A reason always matches the presence."

He gestured over to the flower with a smile. "Those flowers are proof of that. Without you here, they would have died. You saved them."

He straightened his back and looked to the fire again. "Now do you believe that you are here for no reason?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀
User Image
User Image
"When all your wishes are granted,
many of your dreams will be destroyed."

There were words to describe this feeling right now.
For now though; a stitched pale hand, with disjointed fingers slowly wiped the sweat off of her forehead. There were words; weather it be from intoxication of the many hardships or just plain fear; they couldn't be found. If there was any reason to run, to escape, to flee, now would be it. What was the little puppet looking for,if not a reason.
Stallitios hit the ground, spiky heals digging themselves into soft grass as the little puppet found her way around the tower of the building that lay in front of her. With a slight growl, the small marionette gave a glare to the wooden door. "What?" The mean Russian which spoke to no one, her words sluing into a continental 'v' sound. There was no one around; but that didn't stop the Doll from angrily stomping out her cigarette, and extending a hand to the door.
Bright Green eyes danced around the front room, barley visible under the shadowy hood of the beautiful stitched puppet. Her slender eyebrow raised, as covered arms crossed over one another and contemplated speaking.
The pain in her chest was becoming unbearable, yet isolation had it's prices. Talking to others was not a strong point in her list of qualities. A long dark cloak, covered a tiny frame, but streaks of white blonde hair stood out clear against the dark material. With a slight sway of the voluptuous body, she found herself attracted more so, to the tables lined up against the back wall. Yes, that will do just fine. Just to dull the pain nipping at her back, the little toy found only joy in sitting down.
Turning her heavily darkened eyes, she let her heels snap against the wooden floor, as she found a seat towards the end of a long line of wooden chairs. Setting down, she begin to let her eyes wonder, at the others around her.
This was different, this was new, this was....okay? Maybe. She'd know soon enough.

Location: At a table in the back of the Rosewood Status: Discomforted Feeling: Slightly Terrified OCC

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Face flushing a deep red at his being closer, her eyes narrow a bit, a pout coming onto her face. He didn't know her, he didn't know anything. Her Mother never said harsh things like that... not even the other demons. But... she had been run out of town. "You came here by choice. I was pushed out of a stupid vehicle, and abandoned." Standing quickly, she strides back over to the flowers, and kneels next to them.

"I'm not foolish. I understand how plant life works. It's perfectly natural for this flower to bloom, wilt in the cold, and then come back to life in the Spring. If anything, it's cruel of me to take them in here, and forces them to stay alive. It doesn't know any better. It thrives here because it thinks it should... but right now it's supposed to be this poor things rest period... but I just couldn't watch it frost over and die." She sighs. "I may not be like the other Demons back home... but in my own way... I am still a Monster."

Kneeling down, she stares sadly at the flower. She should have left it be. Like this... it won't live as long over all. Plants need time to rest and essentially die for a short time... A sigh escapes her. "A Monster."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Oliver lowered his gaze as she went on about being a monster and keeping the flowers from dying. He stood up, following her slowly. He stopped, then looked over at another woman who sat there at one of the tables. She seemed unwilling to converse, so he left her be. Instead, he knelt down beside her, watching the flower.

"That's not what the flower is saying," he said quietly. He reached out, and a gloved hand traced the petals of the nearest flower delicately. His eyes glowed bright white before closing, and he spent a few seconds this way before opening his eyes. "This flower is not upset with you," he said matter of factly. "It is glad to be warm, where it can pass peacefully from age, rather than die in the frigid cold." He looked over at her. "It calls you 'mother,' and thanks you endlessly for saving it."

He suddenly held out his hand. "If you don't believe me. Take my hand, and you will hear them for yourself..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Unable to help herself, she jumps away from him a bit, her eyes wide. He was nice, sure... but it was still a MAN. Looking down at the flower, she frowns a little. "Silly thing. You shouldn't call something like me Mother. I'm just a defect." Reaching down to fuss over the soil, she stands, her face red as she looks at the man.

"... you're rather kind, Mister Oliver. But you should know... I'm actually extremely frightened of men. I was raised to believe you all are nothing more than abusive monsters that do nothing but rape and destroy. And to top it off, I was raised in all but isolation by my crazy mother, who only allowed male relatives over." She reaches up, running a hand through the blonde part of her hair. "Humans, are the worst. I am half human... that is why I have such bizarre blond hair right here." She shrugs.

Heading back to the fireplace, she sits in a chair. He would get no more explanation of herself from her. Jasmine was confused. Men weren't supposed to be gentle. They were supposed to be scary. Scary... she was the scary one. Burying her face against her knees, she sighs. "Welcome to the Rosewood. I'm the resident nut job." Tail curling around her ankles, Jasmine wished to just... disappear.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Oliver maintained a steady gaze on her, closing his hand when she walked away. He stood up, his cloak folding around him again as he walked with her back to the chair. He stood beside it, listening to her, then remaining silent for a few moments. "Hm...strange, I thought I detected fear..." he said before focusing his gaze on her. "What we are raised on is very important to us, but ultimately, we must decide for ourselves what is scary and what is not."

He walked around the chair and stood before her. "Humans are monsters only when they allow themselves to lose what they truly value. Men are monsters only under the same circumstances." He looked away from her, at the fire. "Men and humans are monsters in the same way fire is a monster. Fire will consume and destroy, but only if control is lost. Running from fire does no good, but fighting fire..."

He looked back at her and smiled a little. "Is immensely effective. And how do you fight fire? With fire, that fire being your own sense of right and wrong, your own morality, your own perception of the world around you. Not your mother's, not the demons', not anyone's but your own."

He sat down before her, making sure her eyes were on her. "So, tell me, Jasmine. Am I scary?" He tilted his head a little. "Look at me now, and clear your mind of every inhibition you've been taught. Drown out the voices of your mother, and focus only on mine. Tell me, Jasmine, without fear or bias, tell me. Do you think I am going to hurt you?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Unwilling to look at him long, she ducks her head down again. Staring at him for too long made her feel strange. Like there was a fire in her head... was he something pure? Probably... through she was simple and sweet... the girl was still a Demon. "You could. Looking at you too long hurts." Tightening her grip on her legs, she hugs them closer to her chest.

"You say strange things. Too complicated for me. I don't understand." Standing on the chair, she climbs over the arm to get away from him. She couldn't breathe. This was too much. Staggering to the door, she opens it. Flinching as she's met with cold air, she stands in the doorway. Sure, the fresh air would probably clear her head... but it was so... COLD out there.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

▶▶▶
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Oliver watched her as she got up and scrambled away from him. He lowered his gaze, then stood up and watched her stand there, allowing the cold air in. He walked over to the flowers and spread his cloak out, covering them with the fabric to keep the cold air away from them.

"Something...I cannot see...harms her," he said quietly to the flowers. "She needs help..." Perhaps that was why the wind had called him here. To help this young woman.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◀◀◀

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas