Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Adrian still felt bad regardless of her accepting his apologies. Drinking more from the bottle he looked at her when she asked about the kind of music he listened too. '' Uh.. '' He didn't know what to say. The question was sort of random. But he would answer her. '' I listen to everything. But I like classical. I play many instruments too. '' He added for some reason. Her name was Sam and she was asking about the things he liked. It was nice but he was still miserable. Smiling slightly he laughed lightly. '' I appreciate what you're doing especially since I was so rude a moment ago. '' Holding out his good hand he smiled an old familiar smile. One that looked almost genuine. '' It's a pleasure to meet you dear. '' Adrian was holding back his misery till he was alone. He didn't need to bother this girl with his issues.

being second best.

User Image
Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 31 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
Sam brightened when he answered her question. "Yeah? What do you play!?" She had always had a fascination with instruments like the piano and the violin. She was hoping since he'd stated that he enjoyed classical music, one or both of those instruments would be in his repertoire. Her plan seemed to have worked. He was laughing a bit and smiling at her, and even offered her a hand; which she took and shook with a smile of her own. "I'm the same way in the sense of listening to everything, but the majority of songs that catch my ear are popular songs." She admitted without shame. "I'm a positive person, so I really enjoy upbeat music, ya know?" She shook her head at his statement about being rude. "Don't worry about it." She smiled once again at his final statement. "It usually is." She teased. It was obviously a joke, considering the way her nose curled up when she smirked after stating it. "No, bu, seriously. It's nice meeting you too, Adrian. " She was tempted to offer him another glass because watching people drink directly out of the bottle made her incredibly uncomfortable, but the beast had been tamed, and she did not want to rouse it once more.
╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

User Image

Stepping in through the main enterance, I frown as I take in the new surroundings. I knew getting drunk and then lost in the forest of all places wasn't likely to end well, but this place - odd or not - seemed to be a blessing in itself. Figuring my night can't get much stranger anyway, I shuffle a hand back through my hair and straighten my posture to look more presentable to whoever I might run into in here.

"Hey," I call out, careful not to shout and making an admirable effort to keep the slur out of my words, "...anyone in here?"

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Adrian shook her hand and then released it. The smile fading but his face was less miserable looking. '' I play guitar, bass, classical bass, violin, piano, viola, cello, ect. '' He said quite seriously. Adrian was something like a prodigy. Whatever he picked up or decided to learn he learned it thoroughly and with a little time mastered it. '' I don't really know what popular music is but I listen to what people play here and what my village played back when I was just a small boy. That's where I learned to play music in the first place. '' He said chuckling slightly. '' I haven't gotten to play much since I've lived here though. I trained and fought with Shadow for a long time. Then we went on missions together and spent a lot of time away from here. After that I spent most of my time with my little- '' Adrian cut himself off realizing he was talking about his ex fiance and his little girl. '' I uh spent most of my time with my little girl and her mother. '' He said his tone a little more depressed than before. '' So yeah, been a while since I've played heh. '' Adrian felt stupid. Talking about nonsense. '' Sorry. I tend to go on and on about nothing. Shadow hated it too. '' Which was true. though he never told him to shut up he just decided to leave Adrian be.

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 30 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
Sam was in awe. "Ugh. I'm so jealous. I'm sure you have more musical talent in your little finger than I do in my whole body." She pouted for a moment, then brightened up. "Maybe I could hear you play some time." She gestured to the piano on the stage. "Not now, obviously, but soon." She urged. He continued on about music and linked one thing to another. When he got to his daughter, his mood instantly dimmed. So that's what was making him miserable: the family life. Or, possibly the lack of. Sam felt sorry for the guy. It clearly hurt him to mention them, even in passing. Her curiosity piqued, but she ignored the nagging to ask for details. She chuckled over his apology for rambling. "Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Shadow hate most things. And people. So, I wouldn't read too much in to that. Also, I have the tendency to ramble, too, so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't look past your habit of doing so. No worries." The girl shrugged her shoulders once again, as if brushing away the negativity.
╚══════════════╝

Devout Humorist

10,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Team Jacob 100
NDGxShadow

Yujiken

User Image
                                          •●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

Yuji pouted as he dodged the energy that Kotetsu had flicked away like an errant fly. Okay, that he'd like to learn. He listened as the dragon told him how to be strong, but he wasn't really being told anything he didn't know...until the word bomb caught his attention. His eyes automatically followed the guy's finger, and he looked to where it was pointing. His brows furrowed and he wasn't sure what to expect, but he'd spent enough time around humans to know that "bomb" was not a good thing and it might be best to get moving, but where? He took an educated guess that Kotetsu was pointing at the detonation site and he flew hastily to the opposite side of the area. He only hoped it was far enough, about a hundred yards away. He watched as Kotetsu seemed to ignite the ground with a snap of his fingers. And he thought, I'd like to learn that, too. He'd probably have to talk to Shadow about it, because he didn't have a clue in the foggiest how the other dragon made that happen. His best guess was sending energy into the ground, but how to do that became the key question. Still, Yuji had the urge to try it. He didn't feel like now was the best time to experiment though. Either way, he was out of ideas on what to do to this guy. Fire was useless. His energy balls weren't having any effect. He didn't feel comfortable in hand-to-hand at all, so he was loathe to move in too close. Suddenly, he shrugged and made a decision. He had gotten this far in life by running and playing it safe when things got tough. That was exactly the person he didn't want to be anymore. Maybe it was time to check out purgatory anyway. He grinned, a halfway nervous, halfway wry, amused sort of thing. He reached for his energy and shoved it toward his feet. He could do that part basically effortlessly, but for the next part, he had to close his eyes and concentrate. He kept his ears open and he put extra effort in paying attention to how the air felt around his body, but that was the best he would get for warning. He searched around past the rubber-band he thought of as his skin's outer layer. He needed to get the energy on the other side of it and guide it through air and down into the ground. He was going to try this bomb thing if it killed him.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

"I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire." --Ilona Andrews, Magic Bleeds
User Image
(( Sorry for intruding! Good evening. ))

Tanu hadn't liked just sitting about at home. It was fine on a miserable day when there was nothing to be done and he was too full of food to move, but on days when he was far too energetic, being out and about was the only answer. Thus, he'd tucked himself into a long-sleeved tee shirt and jeans that morning and all but dragged his friend out into the wide, wide world. And how spectacular it was to breathe fresh air and bound about happily, all to the annoyance of his friend, most likely. But Tanu was unconcerned with that. Reiiji could sulk all he wanted; if he was still sulking, that is. Tanu hadn't looked over his shoulder in quite a while.

It was with a smile of approval that Tanu entered the establishment, ears perked forward and tail curling behind him. He stood for a moment just inside the doorway, hands in his pockets and his good eye looking about eagerly, seeming every bit the normal young man he was - excluding the added catlike appendages, of course.

"C'mon, I'm hungry," Tanu said, beaming as he grabbed for his friend - hand, sleeve, face, whatever - and tugged him along towards the bar. Once there, Tanu hopped up onto a stool and swung a bit before asking,

"Does anyone know how I'd go about ordering something here?"

in a very polite manner.
Reii was actually less sulky than his companion may have previously assumed. He was in an alright mood considering. He had the grumpy look down pat, his hands were behind his head and his eyes were partially closed. He looked the part he wasn't particularly feeling. He even pulled something of a face when Tanu tugged him into the establishment, although it was mostly feigned. "Do you have to be so grabby all of the time? One of these days you're gonna do somethin' embarrassing and it's just gonna be the worst." Reii replied airily to whatever the man had said, wandering in after his eye patch clad friend. Reii seemed to share his cat like appendages, black cat ears adorning his head and a tail wrapped gently around his middle.

"I want somethin' too!" Reii piped up from behind him as the two of them sauntered into the room. Honestly he was hungry enough to eat some kind of large equine creature.

Ferocious Guardian

Beloved Friend

A young human woman shifted through the darkness of the woods, her eyes, ever alert. There was not a sound, aside from her heels sinking into the dirt, grass and the leaves that littered the forest floor. She grumbled to herself while she continued on, the thought finally sinking in that she'd gotten lost in this dense forest. Great! She knew she should've reconsidered this path once it started to disappear under the forest floor. That was always a sign that this road had not been traversed in such a time. This would ease her anxiety either. Something in her head warned her to prepare her hand on the pommel of her blade, ready to draw it at a moment's notice. As she did so, sounds of shuffling would alert her, slightly farther down the beaten path. She approached cautiously, her hand gripping her sword. Perhaps it was a brigand, a bandit, or the like. She grinned now. Sarisa was the last woman that a bandit would hope to find out on a lonely trail in hopes of stealing her possessions.

Finally, she stood within a few feet of the rustling sound, craning her neck up into the trees as the sound seemed to dance along the branches. Letting out a sigh of relief, the origin of the sound emerged, a ball of fur dashed down the side of the tree trunk adjacent to her and scurried off down a path that she hadn't seen until now. "Oh!" she exclaimed, shifting through the brush after the little one. As she struggled through, she lost sight of the squirrel and felt determined to keep up. Perhaps he traveled to civilization? Sarisa was already lost, so she felt no other need to try stand around where she was. Approaching a clearing among the trees, bright light spilled into her brown eyes, using her forearm to guard her brow in order to see what lay ahead. A large building sat a couple hundred feet down the hill, surrounded by this confusing forest. "Perhaps I could figure out exactly where I am." She began trotting down the hill, careful to keep from tumbling. Sarisa was a skilled fighter, but even she would trip and fall if she tried to rush.

Finally making it to the door of this establishment, she took a moment to step backward and tilt her head up to read the sign, something she should've done as she approached. 'Purple Moon?' she jiggled the door handle and it opened, surprisingly. Walking inside a few steps, she took a good look around within the area she stood, in wonder. This place was well-taken care of. It looked like an inn, though the front counter was devoid of any life. Peeking around the corner of a doorway, she found an empty room that looked like it was recently cleaned. There are people here. She would be able to find out where she was! Glorious!

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Smiling slightly he waved his hand as if to shake off her praise. '' No you shouldn't be jealous. I had a lot of time to practice and just learn. Not everyone has that luxury. '' When she asked if she could hear him play sometime he wondered if he could even play anymore. He had devoted so much time to fighting and training he didn't know if he could even play the instruments right anymore. When she spoke of his mentor and father figure he got defensive. '' Shadow actually doesn't hate everyone. He's just not very social and that's the truth. He's not like you and I. He never had a normal life. He just fought to live and lived to fight. '' Which was true. Shadow was a demon after all. Through and through. Adrian had been sitting at the bar talking with Sam when he heard a series of people come in. First it was two men. Both nekojin's in appearance. Then shortly after was a woman who looked kinda lost. She didn't appear to see him and that was okay with him. The other two as well didn't seem to notice him. Perhaps he had gotten Shadow's zero presence thing down without actually realizing he had done so. Regardless he watched and shook his head at the men wondering how to order food at such a place. Was ordering here any different from ordering else where? He didn't think so considering. Most places had menus sure but if there wasn't a menu couldn't you just order whatever and hope for the best?

being second best.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 30 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
Sam noted Sassy reappearing in the bar's lobby. She waved to her from where she stood behind the bar counter as she listened to Adrian be modest about his musical talents. She was a bit taken back, however, when he defended Shadow. "Hmm. Well, I suppose I don't know him well enough, but that's the way he comes across." She, too, noted the series of people that entered. Her stomach twisted in a huge knot. She'd never had to take care of more than one or two people at a time on her own. "You'll excuse me, won't you? Duty calls.' She mused as she grabbed a menu from the stack behind the bar. She placed it in front of the male that had politely requested food. "Good evening, dear, and welcome to the Purple Moon. My name is Sam, and I'll be takin' care of y'all this evening." She said with a polite smile as yet another customer opened the front door. s**t. s**t s**t s**t! Where the Hell is Vey when you need her? she thought, but gave no indication of such. She gave a polite nod to the woman who'd entered, and waited for her to approach the bar as well. She returned to stand before Adrian as she waited for the newcomers to place orders. "I'm suddenly regretting my choice of wardrobe for the evening." She admitted to him in a low tone. The teen had a nice body, but was not fond of showing it off to a number of people. Her loud red jeans, stylishly shredded black top, and tennis shoes covered more than most girls her age, but it was not a style Sam liked to parade around. She crossed her sleeved arms over her exposed stomach as she waited for her customers to make up their minds.
╚══════════════╝

Beloved Friend

Before the woman knew it, the silence that she'd walked into came alive! A couple of people rushed in ahead of her, running off to do whatever they may. Looking to her left, she would see a bar setting tucked away on the other side of the wall, people conversing, costumers being served. It was certainly different than what she'd felt just moments before. At least now she could get some answers. A woman who seemed to be working as a waitress gave Sarisa a nod, as if to welcome her. This was strange. Why such a place? We were seemingly in the middle of nowhere. "Ugh." she clasped her hand against her head, gripping her hair, confusion tempting her to just RIP it out. She had some place to be, but she could not shake this strange feeling. Her curiosity took over for more than she would want. Readjusting herself, she stepped in, her heels thumping against the wooden floor as she entered, taking a moment to gawk at the selection of this establishment's 'poisons'. She was not one for drinking, but it was definitely an impressive set all the same.

Approaching the waitress, she cleared her throat, bending her top half of her body to bow before quickly shifting upward once more. "You are a waitress, yes?" she asked. "This place--I seem to have gotten lost in my travels. Could you perhaps aid me in figuring out exactly where this--where we are?"

Ferocious Guardian

I'm done...

User Image
Adrian could tell that Sam would be busy with the other two so he decided he'd help the woman. '' She's a bit busy but perhaps I can help. '' Listening to her question he was surprised to find out he couldn't really help her. '' Where we are? That's an odd question. One I don't really know how to answer. Though I've lived her for some time I don't believe I ever once asked where exactly this place was haha. '' He was being honest. '' My name is Adrian. I'm not a bartender or anything of the sort but I can get you whatever you need. Should you need anything that is. '' His pale violet eyes were bright and welcoming. Sizing the woman he could tell she was distressed. More than just being lost. Smoothing his tank top he held out his hand for her to shake. Though Adrian would smell of black cherry whiskey he was perfectly coherent. He had drank a bit with Shadow when they had traveled together. So his constitution was on the up and up. Running his free hand through his brown hair he asked as he waited for her to shake his hand or decline it. '' So would you like anything this evening? '' Adrian's tone was deep but friendly. Honestly he hopped this woman wouldn't e staying long. This place wasn't exactly a place people should want to stay at if they have the means of going else where.

being second best.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas