Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Guardian

What you thought was real,

User Image
Walking into the lobby from upstairs Jin moved in silence. It had been weeks since he had come back from his little journey but he hadn't had a chance to move onto the next part of his plan. It was all because of Vey. He loved her and when she was near him all the bad thoughts went away and he was himself again, for the most part. But the deep evil rooted within him was driving him to move away from her so he could be at his full power at all times. After all fighting Shadow and Krauly wasn't going to be an easy feat. The feeling had become stronger in the last day though. A force near the bar was exciting the presence inside him to the point that it was taking everything he had to keep himself under control, even when he was around Vey. Lucky for him she had been busy lately. Though he missed her deeply he was glad she couldn't see him like this. Now in the lobby he moved behind the bar and made himself something strong. He needed it desperately. Something, anything to calm the feeling inside him.With a slightly shaky hand he poured himself straight whiskey and slammed it back. For Jin this was difficult since he didn't drink much as it was. Setting the glass down as calmly as possible he sighed trying to keep it together. The bar had been quiet for some time and he was hoping it would stay that way. He was unaware of the presence of anyone in the bar but himself.

was just a lie too.

User Image
Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image
Samantha Tepes
{ 31 days to immortality }
╔══════════════╗
Sam had decided on a sandwich. Quick, simple, and easy to clean up after making. She hummed about to herself as she put the stuff away. She ate the sandwich as she did this, which meant by the time she got baqck out to the lobby, the teen was halfay through her sandwich. She took a huge bit of it as she walked through the door to return to the bar, and started at the sight of someone standing behind the counter. It was Jin! How long had it been since she'd seen him1? She squealed-because of and despite- the mouth full of food. The young woman flung arms around him, failing to notice how obviously distraught he was over something until she pulled away. She swallowed before asking "You OK?" curiously.
╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Jin had been deep in thought when someone wrapped their arms around him just after squealing in his vicinity. A feeling of murderous intent leaked from him before he realized who it was. The girl Sam he had met forever ago. She was his friend. Sizing her as he absorbed her question he noted that she had grown up a bit. Had time really moved that much in the time he had been gone? Possibly. '' I'm fine. '' He said in a short manner. '' I just needed a drink. What are you doing down here alone? I didn't even think you stayed here anymore. '' This was the truth. In the time he had been here he didn't recall interacting with her once. For all he knew she could have up and left. At the moment it wouldn't have mattered to him but the old him would have cared. He cared for all of his friends.

was just a lie too.

User Image

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
Sam nodded at his answer to her own inquiry and shrugged at his question. "Krauly is my caretaker, which means I spend most of my time alone. I've gown used to it." She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. As 'used to' being alone as she was, or wasn't, she clearly didn't like it- or like talking about it. She snorted at his statement. "Where would I go? I'm nineteen with nothing to my name outside of a high school diploma. No relatives or real work experience, outside of keeping up with the one or two customers your girlfriend misses." She shrugged once again and took another sizable bit of her sandwich. She made an odd sucking sound after she swallowed to clean the roof of her mouth of a bit of bread that had stuck itself there. "So, where have you been hiding?" She asked before the sandwich found it's way back in to her mouth.
╚══════════════╝

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Jin was a little disgusted at the noises she made for cleaning her teeth and the like. Didn't people do this in private? As she explained herself he grew bored. She was owned by Krauly it would appear. Irritating. It would seem that he would have to get rid of her as well when he got rid of Krauly. But for now. '' I see. That is...unfortunate. '' He said his tone unchanging. '' Me? I've been battling some...inner demons. had a rough few months away from here that caused me some...mental distress. '' Cracking his fingers by making a fist he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Letting his hand relax he continued. '' Because of said distress I've been held up in the room only seeing Vey when she comes to bed or is free. '' This was really the most honest thing he had said so far. The other stuff was vague and just enough information to satisfy ones curiosity but not indulge further.

was just a lie too.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image

After Vey and Hektor had finished with Yuni upstairs they had gone outside, Hektor having left and Vey stuck around to play with Yuni in the snow. The blonde didn't mind waiting for Yuni's gift, it was well past Christmas, what was a few more days? As they played, Vey couldn't remember the last time she'd had so much fun, save for the time she'd played a few rounds of tag with Jin.

Once the little nekojin had her fill of playing, Vey scooped her up and gave her a piggy back ride inside. Setting the child down on a couch she gladly loaned her a blanket, which poofed out of nowhere and fell upon Yuni softly.

With a smirk she turned around to survey the bar room, and when her gaze crossed over Jin and Sam speaking the woman visibly brightened up. In spite of Hektor's warnings she could not keep herself from feeling immense joy at seeing Jin up and about. Even though he'd been around more often, they hardly seemed to catch one another.

Sliding over to the bar she leaned against it and smiled, reaching over and poking the man in the back. "Hey there beau, it is nice to catch you up and about." Vey said with a soft giggle, she only wanted to say hello, it seemed the two were already having a conversation.

User Image
Samantha Tepes
╔══════════════╗
Sam finished her sandwich as he spoke and rubbed her hands together to brush off any lingering crumbs. The woman wanted to delve further in to what exactly he'd been away doing, but if he was suffering from a form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, then asking him to relive whatever he'd gone through wasn't exactly the best idea. She simply opted to give him an answer similar to the one he gave her. "I see. That sounds suckish" Similar. Not identical. She was still a teenager after all. Sam grabbed a glass and made herself a Shirly Temple right around the time Vey opted to distract her lover. She walked around the bar and let them have their moment by settling on the couch Yuni lay on. She started petting the little girl's hair, much like a mother or and elder sibling would do, to assure the little nekojin had positive dreams. Afer she finished her drink, she continued to pet Yuni and picked up her book from the coffee table. The teen dove in to a world of fantasy characters as the two conversed.
╚══════════════╝

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Suckish? Yeah, that was a good way to describe what he was going through. '' It's fine really. I think I've just about got it under control. '' Which was true. He had come up with a plan to move things forward. When he felt a poke in his back he almost let his murderous intent leak out once more. But he suppressed it. The feeling behind him was familiar. Turning around he saw Vey. He physically looked happier upon seeing her. '' Was good catching up Sam. '' Speaking over his shoulder he now gave Vey his full attention. Leaning down he kissed her on the lips gently. '' Yeah. I'm sorry I haven't been feeling good lately. Just been...sick. '' He hated lying to her. But he would come clean soon. Very soon. Putting a hand on her hip and taking her other hand in his hand. '' I hope I haven't worried you much. '' Jin just liked being close to her. His love for her was unmeasurable and it was honestly the only thing that kept him from killing people and destroying this bar.

was just a lie too.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image

Vey nearly stepped back when she felt something being emitted from Jin that felt almost like death itself. Then in a flash it was gone, and he was talking to her, visibly happy before bestowing a kiss upon her slightly parted lips.

"Sick? I hope it is nothing too serious. Though I am glad to see you out and about." She smiled to him, unable to fight off her concern however she tucked her bottom lip between teeth for a moment. "I will admit though, I was concerned."

Placing her free hand around him in return she looked to his hand that was wrapped around hers, the glove felt strange against her flesh and Vey found herself wondering when the last time she'd felt his skin against her own had been. Looking up to meet his gaze, Vey watched him curiously for a moment, then shifted herself slightly before speaking again. "Do you really need to wear those all the time now mon amour? With their ability to be summoned, you should take a rest from them."

Puzzle pieces began fitting together as she remembered Shadow's warning. If the gloves were combined, it still counted as wearing the evil ones didn't it? Vey contained her stroke of fear that rippled through her. Was she really so blinded by her emotions that she had not thought this glove business through?

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh, Yuni had so much fun with Vey outside. She was sad that Hektor missed out when he left, but the kid realized that adult business was messy and they just had to go. She did hope the German man would visit again so she could throw Steve at him another time. By the time the kitten-child was getting a piggy-back ride back inside the Moon, her little body was tuckered out. Yuni barely noticed she was set down for a nap, blanket to cuddle in and all.

Her dreams were of playing still, a massive snowball fight and fort building with Vey, Hektor, Jack, Sam, the dragons, and herself. What fun! Yuni would twitch like a feline during her dreaming, body reacting to dreamland activities. In her sleep, she would snuggle towards the pets her head received and would end up worming her head up onto Sam's lap as the girl was reading.

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Jin took note of the worry one her face. Rubbing her cheek gently he was about to speak when she said something that caught him off guard. Though this wasn't the first time she had said anything about the gloves this particular time felt...different. Jin didn't really know how to answer. '' I... '' He started but couldn't find the words. The him she knew was gone at this point. Just an act put on by the evil that had festered inside him. Though little of it remained it still wanted to be loyal to her. Though the darkness made that difficult. '' I'm afraid I can't take them off dear... '' Which was true to a degree. If he took them off he could die from the evil being ripped out of him. After all it sapped a lot of his energy just to keep itself there. But even then he may just lose his mind from the removal of the gloves. The only way for him to be free of it would be purifying the gloves of the evil inside them. '' I'm sorry... '' He said simply retracting his hands from her. Looking down at his gloved hands he began to wonder how long had it been since he had touched her with his bare hands. Clenching his hands into fist he sighed to himself. '' Vey I need to talk to you about something kind of important... '' This couldn't wait any longer.

was just a lie too.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
Vey was quite stunned. He couldn't take them off? Or he wouldn't? The pain she felt at being told such a thing filled her eyes, and she fought against the urge to step away from him once more. Then another surprise came at her, he wanted to talk about something. Had she done something wrong? Fear threatened to become more than she could contain, Vey took several deep breaths before nodding slowly.

"D'accord (okay), but then I would like to know why you can not take off your gloves." Her voice was still steady, unfortunately her resolve was wavering. Vey forced herself to sit down on the nearest bar stool, though would gladly move if he wanted to speak somewhere more private.

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Her reaction to both his news of not being able to take off the gloves and his wanting to speak to her threw him off again. She seemed so unsure of herself and yet worried for him as well. Unable to fight the urge to touch her he pressed his fingers to her cheek. '' I will tell you everything sweetheart. '' Kissing her gently on her lips once more he continued once he had pulled away. '' I promise. '' As she sat down he took her by the hand and led her outside. He was going to explain everything to her. Which would lead to one of two things. She would join him and help him end the lives of Shadow and Krauly or she would go against him and he'd have to kill her as well. Sighing to himself as they made their way outside he hoped, wished that she'd go with him. Once they were a bit away from the bar in the middle of the field he stopped and let go of her hand. '' Alright...this is the whole story. '' Sighing he began. '' When I disappeared a little while after I made these gloves it was because I accidentally made a temporal rift and left this dimension. In doing so I discovered that they multiverse theory was real. With the help of another I was able to travel from dimension to dimension gathering more gloves of the same kind and added them to my own. It increased my power immensely but the dark energy that laid dormant within the gloves also grew. With each glove I took and added the more the darkness took over. It got to the point where I could contest with Shadow or Krauly with this new power. '' He let that sink in for a moment before continuing. '' So I came back. However the darkness inside of me had become stronger than I thought. I'm not the same person you cared for then. I have to fight myself from killing everyone in the bar. Including you. '' He said seriously. '' The urge to fight, to kill is so strong that it keeps me up at night. Makes me shake with the desire to spill blood. '' Looking at his hands he sighed. '' You however are the only person that makes me feel like me again...when I see your face all the evil thoughts, all the anger and desire to kill disappears. When I'm away from you it becomes a constant battle to keep myself under control. '' Lowering his hood he showed her his face. His golden eyes were narrow, sad. But his skin was paler than it had been and the feeling of anger, lust for blood could be easily felt. '' I love you Vey. But I am going to fight Shadow and Krauly and I aim to kill them. Along with anyone who gets in my way. I want you to join me...I don't want to be without you. But the darkness in me has shown me that Shadow and Krauly are beings that must be destroyed. Please...I'm begging you...join me. '' The look on his face was sincere, sad. He truly loved her but if she refused him then he'd have to move on or eliminate her.

was just a lie too.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
When he lead her outside, her white coat materialized onto her form, but when he began talking it was of little use. Steadily a chill that no amount of heat could abate filled her stomach and spread to her extremities. As much as she hoped, prayed that he'd been wrong, Hektor's warnings added to Shadows and rang in her ears, nearly to the point where she almost could not hear Jin's voice.

A sense of revulsion overcame her, and she did step away from him this time as the urge compelled her to back away. Every nerve in her body was screaming at her that he was dangerous, that she'd been a fool to ask Shadow for the gloves that had been hidden.

Vey was silent, staring at Jin with tears streaming down her cheeks. This couldn't be happening. She thought to herself. This is just some horrible nightmare from which I will wake. But it wasn't, the cold in the pit of her gut told her so.

Her mind was racing, how could she stop him?! There had to be something that could be done!

She had to warn them.

Vey's eyes opened wide with this realization, it was the only thing that she could bring herself to do. Sure she could gas him then and there, but her fumes were deadly, nothing short of fatal. If she had some sort of knock out gas Vey would have used it that instant in order to exact efforts of removing the gloves from his hands.

Without thinking she took another step back, tears flowing more fiercely down her face and turning her cheeks red as the breeze stung them. "Je... Je suis desole, mon amour." Her voice was strained, she was sorry, so very sorry for letting such a horrible thing happen to him. Before she could stop herself Vey bolted, but when she realized how far they'd walked from the tavern it hit her what he'd intended to do. Blinking tears from her eyes she threw caution out the window. She had to warn them!

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Jin sighed. Her answer was clear to him. Hanging his head he reached up and brought his hood back up. From he darkness of his hood a set of tears was hidden away. As she ran his gloves activated. Time stopped for him and he moved to her with a slow walk. Passing her he stopped a few feet in front of her and time continued as it was. As she slid to a stop he spoke. '' Please...don't make me do this Vey...Just forget about them...come with me... '' Holding his hand up his gloves began to glow again. Pulling it back the glove glowed brighter before it became charged with electricity. Throwing out his fist he fired the lightning at her aiming to immobilize her. He didn't want to kill her yet. he was hopping he could get through to her. the lightning bold was just as lightning was. Fast, strong. It was one of the perks he got from combining more of the gloves together. He had been given the ability to use elements like fire, wind, ice, and lightning. He didn't understand how or why he had gained them but he wasn't questioning it. '' Vey...please... '' He pleaded hopping she'd hear him.

was just a lie too.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas