Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome! Any ideas on what we should add next?

Another room. 0.081481481481481 8.1% [ 11 ]
Expand the basement/catacombs. 0.22962962962963 23.0% [ 31 ]
Do something with the land outside. 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 36 ]
Gold option! 0.42222222222222 42.2% [ 57 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]

Golden Gatekeeper

The girl’s violet eyes blinked for a moment while her brain processed the information she was seeing and hearing. Ok…hallucinations don’t talk back to her…that she knew of, and there was no music playing. So…this was seriously a real dragon. A REAL Dragon…that was talking to her and looking for Getoth. Hell…she even recognized the staff, but this was a REALL FLIPPIN’ DRAGON talking to her!!!!! Just like there was a REAL FLIPPIN’ QUEEN that LOVED HER FOOD and asked her about her troubles!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there some kind of time vortex through the cathedral doors that just spewed out random historical and fantastical things?

Bambi smiled and nodded to the dragon. “Do you mean Mr. Getoth?” She chirruped, sliding from her seat to get a better look at the beast. “I haven’t been here in the past couple of days, but he usually has his staff with him when he's out and about...or so he told me.” She explained as she idly walked around the dragon some…DEAR GODS IT WAS A REAL DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!

“Unfortunately, I wouldn’t know how to get a hold of him. He’s in here…mm…sporadically throughout the week. I usually see him late in the evenings before I head off to bed.” She explained, though…there was the one time she managed to chat with him earlier in the day; but…that had pretty much been by appointment.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

=_/=---Vucas---=_/=

=_/=-Be Warned. For this Dragon Need Not Fight Alone.-=_/=

=_/=-The Katako Clan Luminary-=_/=

------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------------------------|------------------------

Vucas made a soft humming sound deep in her throat. "Vobit. Still, it seems I was right in thinking he'd been around. I take it he must come around here often then? Vinxa, Thank you very much. I must need to come around at another time, or perhaps lounge here for a short while..." The Dragon said to her. However, the girl was also circling around him. Had she not seen a Dragon before? Perhaps not. Dragons did not usually take the time to interact with the world now-a-days. Or so it seemed at any rate.

"I take it you have not seen a Dragon before?" He asked. He spoke more out of curiosity. Svabol vin halkiva xiekiv. What an interesting person...

Golden Gatekeeper

“Oh…he works here from time to time.” Bambi said with a nod. “He’s the head chef here.” She explained briefly…wait…her brow furrowed. Why was she being so open with the dragon? Was it because she was excited to see one? To talk with one? What if it was a bad dragon? No…bad dragons would force the information out of people, right?

She paused her in steps to think this over a bit. The dragon was polite…nice…but could it have been a ruse? Nah! Bambi’s gut instinct was usually better at determining whether or not people were good. She shook her head once the dragon brought her out of her thoughts. “No…no.” She said with a sheepish chuckle. “Can’t say I’ve encountered a dragon before…unless I was unaware of it. I’ve read plenty about them, but never talked with one before.” She said quite honestly.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S A DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

“I’m sorry if I have offended you.” Bambi then said, hoping that wasn’t the case, but figuring she’d cover it in case it was.

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
We're all fighting growing old
With the hopes of a few minutes more

User Image
            ••• Slightly disoriented Claire woke up from which had been an oddly pleasant sleep on the floor on the cathedral. She sat up, still not fully awake as slowly her brain caught up with the rest of her. The first thing that hit her was the last he remembered, falling while she tried to get away from the nothingness. And yet she was here. Had that been a nightmare? What if the first time had been a nightmare too? She sat there for a while thinking back to what had happened.Did I come here? Was her last thought before she climbed to her feet and straightened her clothes.

Fixing her hair and moving a lose strand behind her ear she took a look around.She took Notice of Bambi as well as the queen Kalypso among other there but what caught her off guard was the dragon. Not letting her expression give her away she looked at the creature carefully as she approached the bar area with rehearsed disinterest.

To get in on saint Peter's list
            But you need to lower standards, 'cause it's never getting any better than THIS

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
            xxxxxxxxxxxx𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢: xxxxxxx𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥: xxxxxxx𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔡: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

=_/=---Vucas---=_/=

------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------------------------|------------------------

Vucas seemed pleased with the girl. She was being very open. "No offense taken." The Dragon told her. He raised a foot and made a swiping motion with his claws. He'd seen humans do it before, so he figured the girl would understand. "Please, call me Vucas. Half-Leader of the Katako Clan." He told her, bowing his head in greeting.

Then... his head snapped up before he thought of something else that the girl had said. Getoth was the Head Chef here. He thought it, but no doubt it would have reached Nydia. "You wouldn't happen to have any of his cooking laying around would you? He hasn't been home in a long while and I personally would enjoy having a taste again." His tail and head held high, he seemed very hopeful. So focused on the thought of Getoth's cooking, the Dragon had failed to notice that someone else in the building had woken up.

Golden Gatekeeper

The swiping motion with claws…does not quite look the same when a human does it! “YEEP!” The girl disappeared in a blink of an eye, and was found behind the bar. “AH!” She gasped, as this had been the first time it happened since Getoth gave her the little pyramid crystal thing to record whatever information it was about her teleportation ability. However…Bambi was supposed to keep her eyes open during the experience…but failed to do so this time around. “Poo!” She muttered to herself, scratching the side of her head in frustration.

“AH! Sorry about that, Mr. Vucas Half-Leader of the Katako Clan!” Now that was a mouthful! “Defense Hiccup.” She decided to call it that for now.

Bambi looked up as Claire came near…strange, she didn’t hear the door open? “Good evening, Miss Claire!” She said with a brief wave. “How are you…? You look as though you just got up out of bed, or something.” She pointed out. “Do you need a cup of coffee or something to eat?”

Now…why didn’t she think to offer the dragon something to eat?! “Some of Getoth’s cooking…?” She blinked for a moment, looking up what she thought on it. “Mm…I’m sure there’s something in there that he’s made up. Usually the Vegetable Stew is his recipe. Hmm…if there’s something in particular you’re thinking of, I could always see if he made any for serving.” Though…that reminded her…she hadn’t finished her own meal yet. She looked towards her bowl of Sausage and Rice and pouted at the thought that it was probably cold by now…

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

User Image
            ••• Smiling at bambi Clair gave a bit of a nod. Restful sleep had her in a very good mood. " That sounds like a good idea but why don't you go ahead and pour some whiskey in there as well? It's more fun that way." She assured the woman in a mischievous way.

Then she turned her attention to the dragon, smiling still. " You're not someone I see around often Even if I didn't remember I'd know" She told the creature. " I'm Claire, It's very nice to meet you." It was nice to meet a dragon who wasn't burning down villages and causing all sorts of chaos for a change.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

=_/=---Vucas---=_/=

"Anything. Anything at all. Truth be told I have not found a meal from him I had not enjoyed. It is astounding what he does without any sort of magic at all." Vucas was still looking at her, hopeful. He really wanted some of Getoth's cooking. If he was the head chef, he must have declared the kitchen his as well. Did he shoo out everyone who tried to enter still? Most likely.

He then heard someone behind him and he turned his neck around to look. He gave the girl, with sharp fangs by the look of it, a bow of his head. "Vucas, Half-Leader of the Katako Clan." He greeted. The woman had wanted something wtih... Whiskey... in it... Whiskey, if he recalled was a type of alcohol. The Dragon hadn't had a lot of experience with drinking. He had a clan to run, he couldn't spend too much of that time goofing around and becoming intoxicated.

Golden Gatekeeper

Bambi gave Claire a nod, turning on her heals as she pinpointed here the whiskey was and poured the woman some in a small glass. “Here you go, Miss Claire.” She chimed before grabbing her own dinner from the bar and heading into the kitchen. “Alright! I’ll see what I can find, Mr. Clan!” She chirruped on the way. Once there, she would inhale the remainder of her meal before setting the dish in the sink as she moved onto preparing something for her friend.

There was just enough Sausage and Rice leftover for two more people, so she reheated half of it for Claire. Piling it on a plate, she added a small side salad and a slice of bruschetta. Since Mr. Dragon….A DRAGON!!!...wanted something Getoth made, Bambi looked long and hard…checking to see what was for sure something the man had made. She heated up a bowl of vegetable soup, and pulled out a caramel apple that she was sure the chef had made. What else…no…not the scotch eggs…ooh…but they looked good. She nibbled on one of those while she looked around some more. Oh…right! The pumpkin rolls! She plucked a couple of those out as well and placed them on the plate with the caramel apple. She then heated up a couple of the stuffed peppers and hoped that would be enough. It was a dragon, after all…she figured they had a large appetite.

With a tray full of plates of steaming food, Bambi balanced it on one hand as she served her friend and guest. “Sausage and Rice with a salad for you, Miss Claire.” She smiled brilliantly, hoping her friend would like it. “And a variety of yummies I’m certain Mr. Getoth had prepared.” She said to the dragon, only…”Are you going to want to eat it from the floor, or from a table?”

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Even sleeping at Iris's boardinghouse last night hadn't helped Natalie's dreams get any better, but she chalked it up to the things she'd been through over the past few days. That Vintrict guy just would not quit bothering her, and he got worse and worse every time. She'd thought it was bad enough when he'd kidnapped her and stuck his gun in her face while she was strapped to a chair, but this past time, it was outright torture, and right in front of her friends. And not only that, but he'd also shot Getoth and held poor innocent little Bogey hostage. All of those actions were just absolutely unpardonable. Natalie was getting used to feeling like she couldn't be safe anywhere, but when the man endangered her friends, ones he wasn't even after other than to get to her, that really crossed a line.

She'd tossed and turned most of the night with terrible dreams about Vintrict torturing her and her dog and her friends in graphic, disturbing ways, and she'd cried through it at therapy. I guess I really should stay away from here for a while...and that's exactly what that sick psycho wants. He wants to get me alone so he can REALLY torture me, without anybody to stop him. If he gets me alone, he can kidnap me without a fight, and he can keep me prisoner indefinitely just so he can keep torturing me to create his precious dark aura. All he ever wanted me for was bait...and now he won't stop at anything to back me into a corner. I feel so helpless...

Still, though, there was one more thing she needed to take care of at the brewery. She'd been smart enough to leave Bogey back at Iris's place, but she'd left TARDIS charms at the doggy daycare, her therapist's office, her workplace, and even the cafe. If the creep tried to nab her, she would teleport. She would be safe. And since Vinny boy didn't know where Iris lived, little Bogey was safe while his mommy went back to the brewery to pay her bill.

"Edward around?" she asked softly as she came in. She did a double-take when she saw a dragon there, but the dragon seemed to be getting along swimmingly with Bambi and Claire, so all seemed to be well... "I need to pay my bill for here."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

User Image
            ••• Claire took her coffee with whiskey and downed as though it were water. She watched as Bambi went off to prepare their meals. She turned her attention to the dragon as he introduced himself. "The Katako clan..." She repeated lost in thought for a moment. "Are they you from around? I'm new in these lands." She began to wonder whether benevolent dragons were a common occurrence in gaia. She hoped so. Dragons and Naga were among the kind of fellows she wanted to avoid getting into trouble with. Specially the later. Nasty snake things with their poison and the sliminess.

Bambi returned with meals for the both of them. " Oh, thank you I was pretty hungry actually. I might've overslept." She admitted and then turned to Vucas who had also been served a meal. " Enjoy your meal." She'd tell the dragon before she started eating her own.

Angelic Knight

Not all nightmares start bad, some come intruding into an otherwise pleasant experience. Jalwin soared in the skies, carried forwards on his will alone. Everything seemed so fresh, so pure up there. Where he was truly free. The boy twirled about, laughing silently as he caught a breeze before a note discord - it was silent. Realization that it was about to get bad did nothing to stop the net from being draped over him - how it burned! Yanked free from the sky, the net pulled him towards the ground, plummeting out of control, headfirst into...He froze.

A crystal, made of a sickly green emerald, lay below. Before he knew it, he had been sucked in. He was trapped. And no one would ever know.

Jalwin awoke with a small shiver on the couch, wincing as his mucles tried to join him in the land of the living, and came up lacking. Always, the boy thought with a frustrated yawn, always with the nightmares! What do I gotta do to get a good nights sleep? Grumbling aside, he quickly went through the usual check list : Jiano? Check. Cloak? Check. Alive? Check. Ok! Taking in a breath, the sylphling unwound himself from his mummy wrappings and with Jiano in tow, hopped to the ground, coupled with.. jingling? Tilting his head, Jalwin looked down before giving himself a mental slap on the head. Marbles in the crown royal bag. DURR. It was easy enough to transfer them back into Jiano, but more and more this lack of sleep was getting to him. He didn't forget things like that!

Mission accomplished! He chimed off to himself before looking around the room, his typical excitement getting the better of the shadows hanging under his lids. Oh oh oh! Jalwin bounced across the floor before coming to a screeching halt - Bambi was holding foodstuffs. Ok, no startling her! Changing course, he veered off to her target.. "Oh its you!" The boy exclaimed, pointing his finger at the shrunken dragon. "You and your friend... Um.. Sinny? Yeah! Welcome back! Im glad to see you!" Jalwin slid in closer, his feet practically gliding across the floor. He could look to the left and right, ensuring that no was too close before letting out a conspiratorial whisper - "I've still got that thing. Dont worry about it." There. That'd be enough, he figured as he pulled away, his attention going to Claire.

Grinning ear to ear, the sylphling waved merrily up at the woman. True, he'd only talked to her briefly, but she was good peoples in his books - anyone willing to go exploring was always a welcome find! After all, only good people were the dungeon crawlers, he'd learned from video games. The bad guys always lie in wait, down where they could horde their treasures. Treasures just waiting to be found, along with a horde of secrety secrets so secret that to even BEING to know them could rupture your very souls... Ok, maybe not THAT big, but still! Jalwin shook his head - he'd gone off on a daydream. "Heya Claire! Nice to see your up and about!" The child paused for a moment, letting her get food situated. "Did you know there's apparently a secret level below the top? I dont remember who I heard it from, you know how it is, but when we go exploring, we SO gotta check that out, ok?" He'd pause long enough to bat his eyelashes pleading before turning towards Bambi.

So many people! He thought, thankful she'd handed out her food as he gave her a quick hug and flashed a merry smile up her way. "Heya Bambi! Where have you been? You were missed! Or if you were here, I was missed? Wait, now Im confused." The childs eyebrows would furrow before being shaken off. "Nevermind, either way, hello! Are you enjoying being a cook? Or waiter? Seems so... I dont know, normal, for you, what with the hair and the... thing." Jalwin fluttered his hand uselessly. He didnt know WHAT the thing was, only that some inner sense gave a small tingle. Either way, the child turned as Natty entered as well, waving once more from the bar her way with a welcoming grin, having slept through the entire scene with her stalker so remaining blissfully unaware what was happening... For now.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

=_/=---Vucas---=_/=

"Please, just Vucas." The Dragon told Bambi, "As for a place to eat, I would much prefer a table. I might not have the hands to eat with silverware, but I will try to show some manors befitting of my station." The Dragon paused for a moment. He had been about to be rude, and Nydia for one would not let him do that. "Also, many thanks for preparing a meal. Perchance next time I will have to try a meal you have cooked yourself."

The Dragon turned to Claire, and gave a bow of his head to her. "You enjoy yours as well, Miss." He was distracted, yet again, afterwards by someone else who had entered, and that someone was a Miss Natalie. Nydia had told her a bit about the woman. She had been a part of Getoth's rescue.

"Miss Natalie." He greeted, walking up to her. He gave a bow of his head. "I am Vucas. Half-Leader to the Katako Dragon Clan, and the mate of Nydia. She told me about Getoth's rescue when her doppleganger's memory had returned to her, and as I have not had the chance to meet you earlier... I just wanted to let you know how thankful we are for your assistance." He said, he then tilted his head. She seemed tired and upset. "Also, if there is anything we can do for you. Let us know. Anyone who would take time out of their day to help our Mage is a friend to us."

The boy from the other day then made himself known. Had... he slept on that piece of furniture? Wasn't that uncomfortable? He didn't know. However, he had made sure to let him know that the staff was alright. That was good. "And it best stay that way. Perhaps you could hand it over to Miss... Bambi? So that it might be returned to it's rightful owner?"

Golden Gatekeeper

Bambi shook her head to Natalie. “Good Evening, Miss Natalie. I’m afraid I cannot remember the last time I saw Mr. Edward, unfortunately.” She said with a sigh. “I’m sure he can mail you the bill, if you like.” She said, wondering if that would help at all. The girl hadn’t been there for the big showdown with the stalker…she didn’t even know about the stalker to begin with, and thankfully her own one wasn’t quite as bad…or maybe he was, on a different level.

“It’s no problem, Miss Claire!” She chimed. “I apologize if it’s a bit bland, but I can always whip up something different if you don’t like it.” Bambi said with a nod…not wanting to disappoint. Her friends had almost given her a rather big head about how good her cooking was. She was just a bit unprepared to be serving today…a good part of her had really just wanted to throw in the towel and spend the rest of the day by herself.

Bambi glanced as Jalwin flitted about the room, and chuckled as he gave her a hug…so quick, she only had time enough to ruffle his hair. “Of course you were missed, silly! As for me…I had to go take care of a few things in town. But I’m back for now, so there’s no reason to miss me.” She said with a poke of his nose. “I do enjoy cooking and helping people out…yes.” She was a bit confused about what he meant about the hair and the thing, but she shrugged it off to his youthfulness.

She then placed the bowl and plate of food on the nearest table for Vucas. “I hope you enjoy it.” Bambi said, before giving him a nod. “You’ll have to let me know what you like, so I can be prepared next time around.” She added with a good natured wink.

EVEN THE DRAGON KNOWS NATALIE!!!!!!!! And Jalwin, too?! “Um…yes, my name is Bambi. I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself sooner.” MANNERS GIRL! IT’S A FRICKIN’ DRAGON HERE!!!

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User ImageUser Image
Shay Clairmont
Appearance: [x]

I dream my painting...

Shay pulled up to the brewery, letting out a sigh of relief as he killed the engine. The night he had left to go talk to the owner of the gallery, he had seen the cops investigating a theft in the building. Something about a large, rare sapphire. He had chuckled to himself, finding the situation very Pink Panther-esque. He met the curator of the gallery, and soon found out that his paintings would be put in the part of the gallery that had housed the gem that had recently been stolen. So I'm a place holder until they get their gem back, he had thought. No matter, a gallery's a gallery, and he'd take any sort of exposure he could get!

The next couple of days, Shay had transported his paintings from a storage unit he had in Barton--which he was suddenly grateful for, considering his inability to access his apartment in Durem--to the gallery in Aekea. He had helped the curator and the gallery assistant set up his paintings and light them nicely, and had visited the first night his paintings had been displayed to the public.

The last few days had certainly been busy for him, and despite his excitement about seeing his art in a gallery that wasn't a school exhibition, he was exhausted. He wanted to at least drop by the brewery and see his friends!

He got out of the car and entered the brewery, and just like before, the place was packed! Wait--was that a dragon?! Even dragons were coming to the brewery? Awesome!

Shay saw Bambi and little Jalwin, as well as Natalie and--what was that woman's name? Claire? Ugh, he was so bad at names!

"Hey everybody!" He said, his voice booming as it normally did. "Didja miss me?" Shay grinned at everyone, before moving to give Natalie and Bambi warm hugs, and Jalwin a hair ruffle.

...and I paint my dream.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces