User Image
exclaim This thread is best viewed in Mozilla FireFox or Flock! exclaim

Notice
    Before you start posting here, there are some things you should know.

The Gale is NOT a nice place. This isn't your personal whine fest, that's what your journal is for - so we don't have to see it. We reserve the right to not give a flying ******** that your dog just died or your great-granny has cancer. That's YOUR problem, not ours.

Note that real life issues should NOT effect IC posting. See the rules for more detail.

You, as a person, will be treated with the same common decency as everyone else, after all, we acknowledge that you are... breathing. We do NOT promise not to hurt your 'wittle feewings'. Respect is earned here, not given freely. Prove you're worth and you'll rewarded. Prove otherwise and well... We make no promises.

Want someone to feel sorry for you? Looking for a friendly place with pretty flowers and bows and bunnies? Buddy, you're in the wrong ******** thread.

We are opinionated, blunt, and superior in every way. Give us one reason to cuss you up one side and down the other, insult your very way of life, and leave you crying for your mommy and we will. You're on the tight rope now and there is no safety net. It's sink or swim time, baby, now lets see what you're really made of.

I would suggest thinking long and hard, reading the rules and some other posts from the second page, and taking a look at what's going on before you post.

"Can't stand the heat? Get the ******** outta Hell." -Yer mom.

I'm not here to be nice to everyone or to keep everyone happy. I do what I have to, whether or not I want to.
    Just because you're my friend doesn't mean you're exempt from being banned.

A note to patrons
    There are no windows in the main bar area and only in rooms of patrons who want them. No Exceptions! What don't you understand about V-A-M-P-I-R-E Bar?!

The entrance to the bar and inn is on the streets of Durem, in a back ally. Not through some forest, over a mountain, or under an ocean. The only way in or out of the Gale is through the front door. The side/back door leads the grounds. You won't get anywhere that way.><

There are NO NPC characters in this bar. If you're the only one posting, guess what, you're the only one ******** here here! There is a "Help Yourself" sign over the bar, for just these occasions. Break anything and Kei will kill you...

User Image
  • This is not a mandatory read...But it could be useful in the long run.

This is an introduction into the mind of a madman. The ideas and ideals of a strange child, forced into solitude where her imagination could truly let go and run wild, producing a plethora of things only found in one place; the manifestation of a child's dream. A dream of a nitemare.

This is my thread, my legacy.

The Nightin' Gale was started, the earliest realization of a dream, on Sunday, March 14th 2004 at 11:05 pm. Since then there have been a total of four commerce threads and a guild, the guild still functioning though no longer the center of attention... obviously. However, over the years, the Gale has remained. Through thick and thin; even when everyone thinks we're dead we come back with a vengeance, hard and strong. Over the years the Gale has become more than a thread on a site. More than haven for those who crave literacy and those who want to relax a little. The Gale has become home to many a wondering soul, usually the strange and deranged, but occasionally the sweet and kind hearted. -chuckles- I've been told on multiple occasions that I attracted the weird ones... My response? It keeps things fun, now don't it? That's what this is all about. Having fun. Good friends, Good roleplays, and Great memories.

Previously I had said that the Gale was the earliest realization of a dream; my legacy. What I meant was, the Gale was the first manifestation of my dream to have something that I made, that many, many people used and enjoyed. Several people, every day, post in the Nightin' Gale and they enjoy their time here. It makes me smile. As well, it is my legacy, as -God forbid- should the ole gal finally lay down to rest, people will have their memories of the good times they had and through their memories myself and the Gale will live on, eternally. No, I'm not on a power trip. I think everyone has that point in their life where they wish they could live forever but soon realize that they would be quite boring indeed... However if the memories of the good times we had are carried on through the generations, I believe then we have truly reached the perfection of immortality. However, I'm segueing from the task at hand... Back to the Gale,

Over five different threads the gale has reached a rounded grand total of 3,466 pages. Now, the amount of the original thread was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,450, however I've rounded it to 1,400 to be safe. As well, I've only counted 550 pages of the current thread. We've seen many people come and go and many more come and make themselves at home. All in all I'd have to say, that the fact that the bar is still going strong, after half a decade, speaks for it's self. No, it's not the same bar/thread as when it started... but I think that's a good thing. Change is good and, even though I have issues with it at times, it has proven to be a very good thing for the Gale. We've become more, better and stronger, and nicely well rounded. I'm proud to tell people, "I own and run the Nightin' Gale!", and have them respond that they had heard of it or seen it at some point. And to know that that is not only because of the wonderful regulars, but the others that come in from time to time to post and hangout... It's just a good feeling, all around.

Before I go, however, I would like to make a note. Though I speak highly of my bar, the Nightin' Gale is not for everyone. We are protective of our own and we don't like strangers. It takes a special kind of person (and character) to work their way into the intricacy that is the Gale and unfortunately that means some people are left out. We aren't trying to be mean, it's just the way we are. Strange, a little quirky sometimes, but for the most part good people. We just have a tendency to keep to our own. Don't let that discourage you! Just keep coming back and you're bound to get pulled in and should that happen we aren't likely to relinquish our hold anytime soon.

With that said, I welcome you to my nitemare; The Nightin' Gale Bar & Inn, home to the otherwise insane.

Oh, and here's some history for ya. rolleyes

Original First Page || The Guild Thread || The Second Commerce Thread || The Third Commerce Thread

User Image
  • Visit the guild for past announcements no longer listed.

Wanna receive updates about the Nightin Gale by PM? Add Nightin Gales Soul to your friends list and get announcements sent to you via Private Message!

• o2|o7|2oo9 - Nightin' Gale Events start with V-Day!
    Check out our new Event's post! (second page wink ) We are kicking things off with a secret admirer event for that oh so special Valentines day. Tell your friends!!
  • o1|15|2oo9 - A story for the ages.
    That's right, Kei's at it again. She's going to start working on the story about the Gale and it's inhabitants, yes, that's you! Want to make sure she gets your character just right? Here's your chance! Head on over to the guild and post up a little info for her to go by! Fill out the form!
  • o1|o7|2oo9 - A new look for the New Year; Happy 2009!
    That's right. I'm sure the first thing everyone noticed are the new banners. Well, that's not all that's new. The introduction has been finished, the rules have been updated, and a welcome, as well as the rest of the layout photos, are soon to come. The thread, and guild, have had a complete overhaul, if you will. Take a minute and skim over the posts and make yourself re-acquainted with the rules. Oh, and enjoy your New Year... We sure will.
  • 12|03|2oo8 - OOC R FOR FUN!
    Yes, that's right folks, the Nightin' Gale has an OOC... chat?! Oh yes, Chat! As in, live action, baby! No lame old OOC thread for the Nightin' Gale, NO SIR! So come on down and check out our EPIC NEW CHAT ROOM! **Chat not supported by Gaia; hosting provided by ning.com**
  • 11|29|2oo8 - Christmas is just around the corner...
    And with that, I have uploaded the new Christmas banners to give the Gale that festive feel. Also, I've updated a few posts so check the second page when you get a chance! Enjoy!
  • o9|o3|2oo8 - A Halloween Look.
    As I'm sure you can see, the Gale has gotten a new look. I hope everyone enjoys the new Halloween decorations and if anyone knows a good place I can get some free Thanksgiving fonts... Well, Let me know!! lol, Enjoy the new banners, there's more where that came from!

Coupled with the new banners, the thread posts have a new layout and I'm introducing a new feature of being a bar regular; Announcements via PM! Just add the bar mule to your friends list and receive new announcements and other cool information right to your inbox! ...Really, it's that simple. <<;

• o3|21|2oo8 - New Banner!!
    Hope everyone loves the new banner!! It was a donation from Derrin Xex!! Thanks hun!!
  • o3|19|2oo8 - Erik's birthday...
    ApolloonEarth. That was his Gaia name. Erik was his name, though. He would have been 22... He was one of my best friends and I miss him greatly. Every time I check his profile for new comments I cry... I can only hope he's happy, with Lex (his husband).
  • o3|15|2oo8 - A guild!
    I have just finished setting up the guild! Come, Check it out, Post your room!! xd [Link]
  • o3|1o|2oo8 - New thread? Grand opening?? What's going on?!!
    I'm sure some of the more loyal NG goers have noticed the new account, new thread, and "Grand Opening" in the title. Well, don't fret. The NG never closed. It's still the same, fun loving pleave that it was before. It just has a slightly new look in the form of Nightin Gales Soul and this new thread. The reason? I was no longer able to log into the account used to post the thread originally and then it dawned on me... If I use my accounts every time to post the bar and something happens to those accounts... I lose the bar. Hence the mule. This way I never lose control of the bar! Brilliant, no? Either way, enjoy your stay at the Nighitn' Gale!

User Image
  • Read some of the other information, like the rules, before you post.

1. Welcome Information - Get aquanted with the bar.
  2. Employees - Meet the people that make it happen.
  3. Code of Conduct - Make sure you read it.
  4. Rent a Room - Need a place to stay?
  5. One Big Happy Family - More than just a bar...
  6. Regulars - People that just wont go away!
  7. Gale Events - Sometimes IC, Sometimes OOC, Always FUN!
  8. Kei's Notice Board - Randomness at it's best.
  9. Reserved.
  10. Reserved.
  11. OOC Chat - Not just another OOC thread!
  12. Friend or Foe - Which one are you?
  13. Through the Rune - Our sister tavern, the Cats Tale Bar & Inn.
  14. Links and s**t - Cool banners! Cool places!
  15. Credits & Thanks - Love to the people that got us here.

User Image
  • You agree to this by posting, weather you read it or not, so I would suggest reading it...

By posting in this Thread you hereby accept the thread rules and following Disclaimer statement; By breaking any rules of this thread you, by your own free will, violate the Gaia ToS. You are also accepting, by your own free will, that any person affiliated with this Thread or any other corresponding Thread/Guild may retaliate your actions; as a result of breaking a stated rule; in any way they see fit upon yourself or your character used. This retaliation may include but is not limited to; Flaming, Momentary Harassment and/or the Auto-Dissection, Destruction, Embarrassment, or Elimination of you and/or your character. By reading this disclaimer you accept it's terms upon posting and are therefore responsible for any actions taken upon yourself as a direct result of your n00bish post. As well by not reading this disclaimer you have not gained permission to proceed to the following pages. By doing so and posting anything to break an afore mentioned rule you again accept the terms or the rules and said disclaimer and again take responsibility for any action taken upon yourself by any member of this thread. Post at your own risk.

• All links tested & confirmed; Open to GaiaOnline pages.

Did you notice there are no more posts? I bet you're wondering where everything is, huh? Well, in case you didn't click those oh so helpful links in the contents, here's a little FYI; Every thing is on the second page. Kewl, huh? Now... Go check it out!