Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
After a really long time it does. She sighed, now nibbling at the fish in front of her.
It took days before I couldn't go any longer from hunger and exhaustion, probably from where I was. But it was worth seeing while it lasted... Her ears perked up and her eyes shone like freshly cut rubies. I was able to stand as high as ten floors as a giant shadow cat! Her muzzle scrunched itself up in a way that showed a sudden realization at that thought, to which she stuffed the rest of the salmon in her maw when she figured out that she said too much.

Versatile Healer

"Ok then." Caleb looked at the blade on the floor. That blade soon disappeared as if it didn't exist at all. "So then, miss Scarlet, what do you plan to do now?" He watched her eat. It was intriguing to him what the person who is in front of him is. Had he been a novice, he might have tried experimenting on her. Those days were now over, and now he's just glad for the customers.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
Caught a bit off guard by the question, she reached back to scratch in her hair, only to be stopped in midair. She tried to move paw back, only to hear groaning from nearby. Turning back for a moment, she realized that the much larger shadow paw of hers was pushing into the ceiling.
First things first, I guess...heh... She closed her eyes, in a bit of thought, as the shadow paw faded from view. They snapped open once more, her eyes taking on more of a deeper shade of red than earlier.
Now that that's settled, I'm none too sure. I kinda just want to settle down one day. Make a living somewhere peaceful. Maybe find a good mate to be with, and have my own kit, or adopt one. She looked down, with a lifeless gaze at the now empty plate in front of her.
One day, I can start again... While she thought one thing, she smiled and chimed, Hopefully get a new job somewhere that requires my skill and..."magic" was it?

Versatile Healer

Caleb scratched his ear again. "Well, this is a tavern, not an adventurer's guild sadly." He shrugged. "I'm currently hiring though, if you're interested." He was curious though. A person with a lot of unknowns; who knows what she's capable of. Who knows? She might make a good bouncer.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
Once again, her eyes shone like rubies, despite the stored magic, and her split-tail brushed against the seat with new-found enthusiasm.
You do?!?! Nearly launching herself out of her seat and into his, she had to stop for a moment and calm down, lest the excitement of a new job push her out of one.
So..umm... What do you have available? um... for.. me... She stated, in a wavering tone, hope budding at the chance for an actual job. While all four of her paws lightly scratched at whatever they were nearby, in an attempt to try and ease the cat's zeal.

Versatile Healer

Caleb shrugged. "Well, I'd need to know what else you can do. Your 'magic' is nice and all; you'd make a good bouncer I'd bet." Besides, nothing will stop a drunk better than something that they'd think they were hallucinating. He looked at the fire pit. "Of course there's others, like cook, bartender, waiter, or if you're up to it, entertainer. It's mostly up to what you think is best." Caleb scratched his golden foxy ears again. If this is the place she wants to work, well it's fine with him. Still, it's in his nature to let her decide for herself.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
While that sounds nice, and all... Her muzzle gave off a gentle smile, right before she yawned. I think it's about time that I got some rest.
With that, she got up from her seat and went over by the fire pit. Stopping a few inches away from the pit's edge, the cat-woman waved her paw around once again, as another black ball enveloped her. Just like before, she ball unwound itself, revealing a knee-high feral cat. This time, the cat was clothed in a white gown, with blue, frilled sleeves. The cat reached within her shadow, to pull out a large pillow, that she set by the fire and laid down upon.
Using her shadow magic, she created a hand sized paw that rested upon the kind man's shoulder, as she thought to him, Thanks for letting me stay the night. I'm sure that we'll get more time to learn what these jobs entail. But, until that time arrives... The paw shifted up between his ears to rub him on the head. Goodnight, Mr. Fox. Right after that, the shadow paw disappeared and the black and white cat was fast asleep on her pillow by the fire.

Versatile Healer

Caleb looked at the display and scratched his ear. I could've just given her a room...but cat behavior I guess. With a shrug, Caleb yawned. It had been a while, and it was a good idea to get some rest. He walked up towards his room and lay down in bed, looking at the display of times past before drifting off to sleep.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
The now knee-high, feral cat known as Scarlet stretched out on her pillow, paws stretched over some of the embers at the edge of the pit. Groggy eyed, she looked around and yawned before deciding to get up from her pillow and move over to a booth. Spotting one close to her, she hopped up into the booth as if she was just stepping on a stepladder. There she sat, her forked tail lazily brushing the seat, and awaited the arrival of the one she knew as 'Mr. Fox'.

Versatile Healer

Caleb woke up, yawning a bit. As he got his bearings, he smiled. Why does my mind still want to haunt me with those times? I'm done with them With a fix in his bed and a fresh change of clothes, Caleb walked out of his room. Before he went down, he conjured a humanoid familiar. "The fire pit needs new logs. Please feed it, and then chop more logs." With that order, the familiar went down the stairs and outside, getting to work putting logs on the fire. Caleb walked downstairs as soon as the first few logs were placed. It was then he raised his hand, forming a spear of fire. This spear was launched into the fire pit, lighting the logs. "There we go. Ready for-." He had turned around, and finally spotted the cat he talked to yesterday. "Hello again, miss Scarlet."

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
The large feline curled her muzzle up into a smile as she gave a silent nod in response. Afterwards, she merely gazed at him for a moment, before she sniffed the air, catching a familiar scent that trailed through the room.Her eyes lit up as she dismounted from the booth, and followed her nose to the scent of herbs that flowed from the kitchen.
Nearing the stairwell that the fellow stood at, she took care to move by him and brush her tail against him.
And a good morning to you too, Mr. Fox. I'll only be a moment.
Suddenly, she dashed into the kitchen, where noises of clanging pots, sizzling ingredients, and the meows of two cats, instead of one, could be heard.

Versatile Healer

Caleb scratched his ear as he watched her action. He could only just wait and see for what was about to happen. Still, that didn't mean there was nothing to be done.
He went behind the bar table and started to dust off the drinks, using both cloth and his tail to do the job as his familiar fed the fire. After all was said and done, he took a seat behind the counter and simply waited.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
After about twenty minutes, the noise slowly died down. Then, everything went silent...
One of the cats walked out on her hind paws, carrying a tray of various meats and breads chiming, Sorry about that Mr. Fox, but we thought that it'd be nice to repay you for the fish you gave us last night.
Following her, was the second cat. An exact copy of the first, she walked out on her hind legs carrying an assortment of sweets and drinks. And with the same, sing-songy voice, she spoke. We really do appreciate what you've done for us. Please, enjoy.
They both lowered their trays onto the bar counter and moved to the other side, the first cat keeping pace with the second, until only one cat was visible once more.
Scarlet padded over to one of the barstools near the food trays before she spoke once more. Please help yourself. And don't worry, I normally don't speak in this form... Talking cats do attract a bit of attention out there.

Versatile Healer

"Hmm...." Caleb looked at the array presented to him. He was used to being served; traveling requires the need of lodging after all, and a place to put your feet up. Still, it was a change of pace seeing that occur. I've had myself served magically before, but this is something new. He looked at Scarlet, and then started to dine. "Hmm...you cook well." As he indulged in his feast, his mind wandered a bit. "This IS the Nexus Tavern; a gathering of sorts. You'd make a good chef also in my opinion." He continued to partake in Scarlet's gesture of gratitude, going through halfway of the meat and bread. "Though, I hope you can cook with vegetables and fish as well?"

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
With a sly look on her face, she purred as she jokingly replied If the fish and veggies don't wind up in my belly somehow, they'll come out fine.
Once again, her tail thrashed about lazily. As she looked at the food before her, she thought that it'd be nice to get something in her system. So, she'd gone through the motions and felt as if she grabbed something, only to just see her paw start to move.
Oh dear... She sighed, realizing what happened. Could you do me a favor and help me to my pillow? It seems that my body's not quite synced up yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff