Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lily snapped out of her little day dream and decided it was time for bed. She could take care of the entire events to come on a different day like tomorrow. She slowly got up from the edge of the counter and sauntered over to her book and room key. With one in each hand she teleported in a puff of black smoke over to the stairs and started taking them three at a time teleporting each time as far as she could see.

She came to the second floor where her room resided. Room nine like Hriob had said. "So Think about what room I want it to be and it will become that room. Simple rustic lodging room with a normal sized bed and dresser and on the large table a small lodge house for me with a little wood stove and nice windows. A second floor with a third floor loft. A nice home nearly four feet tall and eight square feet on each floor." She said to herself picturing it all. Twelve inch high ceilings with hardwood floors.

She came to the door and looked at it. An eight foot tall ceiling was twelve times her height so it was a little tough to teleport to the door knob, slid the key in the lock and twist the handle all at once. It took a few tries and few little bruises on her tush from falling to the floor, yet she made it and decided first was first. "A nice bath once I get settled." She said panting lightly from the little work out. She dragged the key and book into the room and closed the door to rest for the night.

Versatile Healer

Caleb looked at the weapons he had on display. Each was a feat in itself to find, understand, to craft. The vampire was wrong; no one taught him how to do what he did. Creation magic is a lonely magical path; those who have aptitude for it find themselves unable to learn anything but the basic of any magic. This leads to stories of the "failed mage" where in reality, they never really understood what their magic was.
When he saw the homonculus, he saw the brand of one much like himself; one who went down the path of creation magic. Where Caleb had found creation in "Weapon", this man had found creation in "Life".
Shaking his head, he walked outside. He called out a simple pair of broadswords and began to practice his swings outside. He fought the vampire at range where he was at strongest, but he needed to find something that would fortify himself when he fought at close range. Thus, he went back to the basics.

Versatile Healer

As he went with fluid motion, Caleb let his actions speak his thoughts. Watching him now would seem to be like watching someone dance, shuffling along the ground and kicking the air as sword strikes are delivered.
As a a fighter, he tries to find meaning in every fight he has. His fight with the vampire was a stand; he would not let himself get pushed around by anyone. It may or may not have been a necessary one, but in his mind, what matters was that he made his stand and he proved himself.

Pausing for a brief moment, he threw his swords, refining them so they are bent a bit like boomerangs. Like boomerangs they returned, and which he threw again, forming two more and throwing them in kind. He didn't use this attack against the vampire as he didn't know how effective it would have been, but had he used a legendary weapon, the explosion of its decreation would have sufficed.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Night smiled a new kind of passion in her eyes, "Hmm, I love you too" She said this almost in a whisper. She rustled his hair slightly with her other hand and chuckled. Placing her forehead on his a orb of blue light surrounded them, the tips of her hair shimmering. Her melody sung out from soul, more potent then it had ever been before. She began to sing along with it, faintly blushing as she looked deep into his eyes. Her heart pumped faster, still not having complete control of them. She accidentally tapped into his memories seeing some rather interesting dreams concerning the two of them. She giggled, "My, I could see me wearing that, and maybe saying that" She winked at him a playful look in her eyes.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hriob gains a mild flush to his face at that... I thought those were sealed!... Ah well. He gently gazes back into her eyes with his own. As always, the music's enchantment soared through him, and as powerful as it was with most others, Hriob had no magic resistance as a rule.

After a few more seconds, he kisses her in a tight embrace.

The song continues to wash over them.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Not expecting him to react that way her cheeks burned as they turned bright red against her white skin. She rested her head on his shoulder, sitting up on his lap. Placing her hand on his chest, she fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hriob lets Night fall asleep, his own cheeks burning red at what he had done. I still need to remember that her Siren's Song is mind/emotion-altering magic, and I have effectively no magic resistance... If I don't want her to feel uncomfortable next time she uses it on me, I had better buffer myself a bit more with my spiritual energy.

After she was fully asleep, he adjusts himself without moving her, so that she was still leaning on him, but he was in a position to play the piano for them. He doesn't play loud, but he keeps the music of her spell going with his own melody this way, to keep her company and keep the air around them alive with her power. The song is simple, played with only one hand while the other mutes the strings in the piano gently, but it captures the moment well.

{{ Music: Evan Duffy - Muted Piano Practice }}

Eventually he too falls asleep there at the piano with her still on his lap, in silence and comfort of each other's company.

Downstairs in his room, at his workbench, a dull-grey envelope appears with the purple wax bearing the seal of the Stellar Dominion of Farqual, specifically the heir to the Imperial Throne. The letter is addressed to Hriob in his official position as negotiator, mediator, adviser, and confidant to both the Dominion and their opposite: The Order of the Demiurge. It seems rather important, but Hriob will tend to it later... he has full control of the timing of his entry point into any other realm he visits with his signature spell: The Gate of Erasmus...
Ran walked out of her room, closing her eyes. It had been a while since she had been here, and all she had been doing was merely enjoying herself and observing those around. Since apparently I don't pay for my room, I might as well repay somehow for his kindness.... Walking into the kitchen, she put down her hat, put on a bandanna and an apron and took stock of what was there she had to work with. Hmm...Let's see...I'm sure they'll appreciate beef rice bowl. And with that in mind, she got herself busy.
Ran however, had gone a little too overboard. She was used to preparing banquets by herself, and now all the tables in the tavern were covered with culinary Japanese dishes. From rice bowls with toppings to Udons to sushi, sashimi, and maki, it looks like both a visual and gustatory delight. Ran wiped the sweat from her brow as she took her bandanna off. "Well, a job well done. I hope Yukari-sama wakes up soon-." Ran stopped herself. Oh yeah...I'm not in Gensokyo...and Yukari-sama isn't around.... I am merely a humble guest in a tavern.... She sighed to herself, taking her hat back and walking to her room.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Night opens her eyes to see the two of them laid down on the floor, having toppled over off of the piano bench. She chuckled and slowly getting up tip toed out of his room, a small ice shard at his side to let him know she had left. She went into her room and spruced herself up a bit when the twins popped up behind her. She squealed in surprise and the two laughed, "Hello gorgeous". They both ran their hands through her hair and when Xavier brushed his fingers against her neck his eyes fluttered a dark red. Hunter caught on quickly and the two hugged her close to them and her eyes widened, "What's wrong boys?" She seemed relatively surprised but once she saw the look in their eyes she understood. "You can't do that here, beside you can't keep 'sharing' me like this, I can't take two vampires drinking from me at once" The twins smirked, "Your regeneration powers are at an all time high right now, it wouldn't take anything out of you...besides we haven't tasted your blood in years" Their eyes were consumed in red and they swallowed hard, trying their best to contain themselves.

Night sighed and locking her door turned away from them. She put her hair up and out of the way a top her head and the two wrapped their arms around her. Taking their sharp white fangs they gently pierced her neck simultaneously, sounding like someone had lightly bitten into a fresh apple. Blue blood began to trickle down her neck and their grip tightened, feeding off of one of the most amazing sources of blood out there. There was a dull pain present but there was also a tingly sensation like when someone rubs their nails softly down your back. Night's eye lids were heavy but her eyes still shimmered that bright blue. With simple power the vampires shut the light in the bathroom off and all that could be seen were two sets of glowing red eyes and one chilling set of bright blue ones. They both pulled away and inhaled slowly, wiping their mouths. The holes in her neck closed up quickly, as if they hadn't been there to begin with. She wiped the remainder of her blood off her neck and sighed. She wasn't sad or happy just relieved, now they would be a bit less on edge. Now that her blood is being broken down within their hunger has subsided and another kind has as well. Xavier gently pushed her bangs from her face as Hunter took her hair down. They both kissed her on the cheek and disintegrated before she could yell at them, the light turning back on.

They appeared in Hriob's room. His little force field he pulled of last night didn't keep them from entering, they chose not to because they knew what was probably going on and didn't want to actually see it. Yet now that Night was out they went in, landing on the keys of the piano, a loud sound echoing out of the poor instrument. "Wake up Towel boy!"

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"GAH!!" Hriob had literally jumped five feet at that sudden noise... partially because his now-potent wind powers had given the whole room a powerful blast of wind at that moment.

Lightning also surged off him dangerously for a few seconds while he got his heartrate under control. He stops to pick up the ice shard with a smile, setting it on a shelf before turning back to the mildly surprised, but still grinning twin vampires. "Please, don't do that again you two, I'm still working on self-control with my more recent powers. What is it?..."

Then, he noticed something was off, and went down to the workbench in the less warmly-lit lower level of his room. He picks up the envelope and looks it over. "What does Verroq want now?" He sighs under his breath... though the tone is less concerned or irritated than confused. He had sorted out negotiations between the Order and the Dominion recently enough, but this wasn't in the normal envelope for those jobs...

His eyes flitting quickly to the twins in turn, he shrugs and opens it. "I suggest you don't try to read this, it's encoded for me alone, and it doesn't concern you... unless you'd all like to join me on a little trip?" The note had already given him coordinates for a continent on Shambalha that was on the other side of the realm than where he had been hiding and training.

He sits down at the stool by his workbench, both cold and sturdy stone pieces of furniture, and reads the cryptic note with Indigo eyes, focusing to the utmost.
Lily woke up from her long sleep in her tiny house in her room at the tavern. She stretched out and gave a long loud yawn before leaving her home and in a puff of black smoke the tiny woman was gone and appeared downstairs on the counter. She wore a purple dress that had dark blue and raspberry colored stars cascading down the sides to a black trim. "Such a nice nap after so long." She said and flexed her muscles. She only stood eight inches tall but felt more than ready to start the day.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The twins looked over to Hriob curiously, not allowed to read hmm? They took the note from him and started disappearing whenever he got close to catching them and reappearing in different places in the room. "A trip? You'll be paying for everything, our money is spent only by our choosing, and something tells me Night will make us come with you two, along with Misery" They sighed and taking the note Xavier hung upside down on the ceiling looking it over then dangled it over Hriob's head grinning. "Oh, here you two are, why would you just leave like that, I'm not an open bar you know!" Night said walking towards them. "Whoa" They said together. In an instant Xavier dropped the note and the two appeared behind Hriob in a puff of smoke. "Save us from the crazy hail storm we're about to get into" the two chuckled at one another and looked over to Night, "Cheesy Mc Cheeserson over here wants to go on a picnic to another realm. I figured you'd like to know" Xavier said. "Just in case he wasn't planning on telling you so you wouldn't 'worry' about him" Hunter said in a mocking tone. Night rolled her eyes with a smirk and let out a sigh, "He would have told me, and you ARE coming with us because you'll be two extra pairs of eyes to watch Misery" The twins just shrugged, they couldn't actual agree not to. It wasn't in their power at all; due to the bond they shared they were compelled to follow her where ever she chose to go once they vowed themselves to her as they have. Misery suddenly ran down, "We're going on another trip!" She looked rather excited as she spun while lifting off the ground slightly before gently landing again, having turned a full circle.
Lily spun on her heels on the counter top and decided it was time to get used tot he kitchen. "Alright time to explore my work area." She said and walked on the counter top to the kitchen door and tele-ported to the floor right in front of it. She walked up against the base of the door with her hands above her head and began to push it open with a little strain. She went on into the kitchen and looked at the fridge and the drawers and all. "Hmm. A lot of space but it will be fine."

She blinked to the counter top and began to walk along it and get used to how it felt on her bare feet. Her long purple star dress changed with a snap of her fingers into a pair of shorts and a tight close fitting top. Both were still purple. She went to the lip of the counter and hung over the edge and swung down to the first drawer and looked inside it at the silverware. And so she went until she knew all the drawers and how they were.

"Now for the fridge." She said and turned to it and blinked into the handle on the fridge and forced it apart to get a good look at the content and the size. She would designate a teleport spot in each drawer, cabinet and the fridge. "Alright now for some breakfast." And with a few puffs of black mist she was darting all over the kitchen making it look like little explosions were ticking off. Her tele-port left no residue behind of course. Soon she had two eggs and a piece of toast all cooking. After a minute or two she was back out on the counter with the two eggs and two buttered pieces of toast all on the plate. She cut herself a small piece of egg and some toast then enjoyed her breakfast. She could make more if others wanted some. Or they could have the rest of her plate considering she only ate ten percent of what she cooked.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Exhaling a bit to let himself catch his breath, Hriob takes the note and finishes deciphering the writing. "I said you Couldn't read it, not that you weren't allowed to. It's encoded in a runic system dedicated to diplomatic privacy, and that's just the first level of encryption. I don't think you both less than intelligent, regardless of how you act sometimes, but I can safely assume you wouldn't even know where to start to understand this note at all." He finishes reading it, and with the last sentence is finally able to decode the entire thing.

"Ok, I suppose you all can come, but it won't be five-star accomodations... though I don't think Lord Ramasus will mind my bringing along more company and security. He's been bugging me to do something along those lines..." I know he's the heir to the Dominion's throne, but he honestly shouldn't think I need that much protection... I'm not that important at all by comparison, no matter what he thinks. "They wanted my expertise on a matter on Shambalha and its ruins on the southern continent, and while they are adept at making high-class comfortable in the barren wastes they sometimes go to it won't be as if they are inviting us to a castle... but still, it should be fun to see somewhere new for you all. Cold there too, Night, so it should be more comfortable for you and Misery there."

He then starts gathering supplies into his bag instantly, grabbing his 'Mage-Masher' Orichalchum dagger, his axe-headed polearm, some relevant scrolls and books, a large green book titled 'How not to be Noticed' that somehow made others want to ignore it even when one looked right at it, some more ethers and remedies, and a few other basics and pieces of equipment. He also briefly changes into his formal mage-attire in a split-second ripple, since he was going on this as a business trip.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff