Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Night chuckled, headstrong boys and a nice new young lady, fair enough. She sat up and with a stretch caused her finger tips to sparkle blue, swirls of cold air dancing about and floating over to the girl with Hriob. It made the girl's nose cold and Night smiled, floating over to her, as if she was walking on thin air. "Hello there darling, nice to meet you. The name's Nightmare, Nightmare Frosthaven, but most call me Night, Who are you?" She twirled around Hriob and then leaned her back against his chest, "I'm the entertainer of this tavern" The twins popped up behind the girl, "Aye, and we're vampire twins, here to make Hriob's life a living hell" Misery ran in her long wavy blue hair trailing behind her, "Sissy, look at all the people here!"

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"And to think I had almost forgotten about those two... I almost miss them when they're quieter like that." However, Hriob's eyes seem to light up at Night. "This is Lily Yato, she wants to join on as the Tavern's cook." He keeps an eye on Misery, just in case the eight-year-old accidentally insulted or became a hassle for the little lady, or if she somehow got caught up in the fight between the two martial artists against all odds... that would probably set him on edge enough to make him not so subdued about using his powers.
Lily the tiny homunculus page keeper that stood all of maybe 8 inches tall shivered from the cold air having just getting out of the warm bath like water. "Oh I'm Alavarie Diana Lily Shea Yato. I'm by most accounts a homunculus. And I want to be the cook as Mr. Hriob just said." She said and took a bow to the lady and then towards the little girls. Her black dress turning into a light blue dress in a snap of her fingers and it shortened up into a top separating from her bottom that lengthened into a black skirt. "I'm a Page Keeper. A type of built fairy to take care of magical tome in libraries." She turned to her sweet tea and picked up the glass and took a small sip.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Misery giggled, walking over to the girl and looking into her tiny eyes, "A fairy! she's so pretty, and so tiny, like a doll, can she play with me? Maybe play a prank on Caleb" The eight year old smiled evilly and hopped up once in excitement. Night chuckled, "Sorry about her she's only eight after all and gets easily excited. It's nice to know we'll have a new face around, don't be scared of the vampires, they're good guys just a bit...testy" The twins nodded to her, "Yeah we'll be nice we promise" They said together,
Colonel Iyam A Heita

Damix had expected his opponent to attack right after. As his fist was stopped by a block, Damix's arm would retract to position. Though slightly at disadvantage, he never stopped moving. All while retracting his arm to position, he pushed off his right foot as he leaned back just enough to evade a direct hit from the hook. Heita's knuckle would only friction against his skin at most. His foot was set back to switch his stance and he prepared his guard for the uppercut, upon seeing more movements. At the uppercut, he simply brought his left guard close to his body and with a slight twist in his waist, he blocked the uppercut using his left arm. He prevented a clean hit with his left arm by holding it close to his body against the direction of the coming strike.

His right quickly shot forward in a straight punch, aiming at his opponent's face. And followed up, by suddenly by jumping forward onto Heita. This will close any left space between them. He aimed at his opponent midsection with a knee strike while in leap. He retaliated as soon as he felt his block successful.
Lily smiled at Misery and Night. "Don't worry. I've worked with mages and dragons before. And I'm pretty resilient." She said and nodded to Night. "I would play a joke on Caleb but I need to talk with him before that. But I mean I don't mind playing." Lily had green eyes and should length white hair. She wondered what games the little girls would want to play and as she thought about it she decided more against not playing since she was called like a doll. A line of worry was starting to form. But she would play a little bit.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
"Well, can you fly like a fairy? Or do you need to walk everywhere you go?" Misery asked before looking at her big sister for approval. Night nodded, indicating what she asked was a good question. She leaned her head back slightly and looked into Hriob's eyes, her own glowing her permanent cyan blue. The twins groaned at the awkwardness and made their way to the duellist room to be two young men who just coincidentally were the heirs of an all ruling vampire family. Night sighed, hoping they'd try to get passed their impulsive instincts eventually.
"I can't fly. I don't have wings." Lily said and spun around. "But I can do this." She said and disappeared into a black puff of smoke only to have teleported to the other end of the bar. "But other than these short jumps I have to walk everywhere." She teleported back over. It didn't take much out of her to jump around like that. "Though I can change cloth around. Like change the color of a shirt or make it into a dress." She walked to the edge of the counter and looked at Misery. "Sure we can play and maybe some small prank on Caleb." She might be needing to talk with him. But little people are trickster's at heart.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Night's eyes sent chills down Hriob's spine in a way that had nothing to do with her Ice affinity. As always, they captured the essence of her beauty for him. "Excuse us a moment, Lily. We have some things of a sensitive nature to discuss. Just call if you need anything, and I'll be over in an instant though." And here's hoping that a stray fist ends up in one of those two bloodsuckers' faces... its not like they'd be hurt, if anything a fist is more likely to break than one of their noses to begin with.

With a ripple, Hriob and Night disappear from the lobby, appearing at the piano in Hriob's room in an instant with the door locked. Smiling softly, he opens up. "I think we have enough privacy, and I've got a lock on the vampires just in case they want to pop in... they'll find themselves on the porch if they try. I need to know about the issue you had earlier today though, if I'm to be able to help you and Misery at all... I honestly want to." He hugs her close, but he feels uncomfortable trying to get information out of her on such a terrible subject, and he at first has trouble bringing himself to meet her gaze.

Versatile Healer

Caleb shook his head as he walked out of his room. The fight he had with the vampire lord felt like a really bad hangover in his mind. "Man...that was one heck of a trip." He walked down towards the bar and took his spot. Seeing the new face, he smiled. "Hello, my name's Caleb. Welcome to the Nexus Tavern. I hope Hirob here's been tending you well." He then heard the commotion that was going on in the Duelist Room. "Well...let them settle their differences there. If they can't..." Caleb took a deep breath. "I might have to play arbiter and settle it for them." And I thought I'd see LESS fighting like this too....
The tiny person on the counter looked at Caleb and smiled at him. "Oh Mr. Caleb. I'm Alavarie Diana Lily Shea Yato. Lily for short or Lily Yato. And I was wondering if I could become the cook. I mean I know I'm tiny but I can lift more than a normal human child could." She tilted her head at him and stood up and wiped her hands on her black skirt before extending her arms out for a somewhat hand shake. She was only eight inches tall at best. "Hriob has been really nice to me. He even got me the key to room 9 I think he said it was. Opening the door might be my only problem. But it's fine."

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Night nodded slowly, smiling at the fact the Hriob took her somewhere alone, "I knew I'd have to tell you eventually. My dad made us do a lot of things we never would have had we of still had our realm. We would learn tricks like circus clowns to get money to travel and buy materials. One day we were packing up for the night and one if the boys in charge of the ice elks that pulled our caravans went missing. We searched for hours until finally we found him, his throat slit and hung by his feet, his mothers necklace stolen along with a bracelet he won in poker. My father was furious, he really wanted whoever was responsible to pay the price. So he tracked the group of thugs down and with a few of our men tied them all down and made my older brothers Bloodshed and Redcrest who were twins fetch the rest of us. Then he made us all take their emotions one by one, telling us it was okay because they were such bad people. Yet once we did, all nine of us were thrust into this intense pains in our chest. It was unbearable and our screams drew our mother over. She slapped my father across the face telling him he was a monster and that he had forever tainted our souls. We were isolated from everyone for days in our own caravan with her. She refused to let my father near us, telling us never to forgive him for what he had done. We younger ones didn't want to be mad at him but the older ones did as they were told, without question. I was no exception, I loved both my parents so much and I refused to pick sides. However this pain never subsided, it only got worse and so did we. We were corrupted, our insides screaming as they were being pulled in all directions at once. We were holy beings, never doing a thing wrong in our lives...so doing something so wrong to our bodies as to steal ones very reason for existing shattered its morals completely. Now all our souls wanted was to feed...and we discovered soon enough that it took away the pain but in its stead left what was called Black Ice. Life sometimes acts out in funny ways, and this is its way for getting back at us. We were taught to control it best we can and to only prey on people who's souls are already tainted. I just wish this life wasn't shared with Misery, because she's so small, the pain is so much worse...it's just horrible" she sighed shakily holding back the urge to get angry or cry. She kills herself everyday knowing her father chose this life for them, but she still can't help but love him unconditionally just like her mothers and siblings. That's what made the cuse bearable, they stuck through it all together...now that there were only three of them left, it was really, really hard to still feel accepted for what she was.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hriob simply held her close, letting his heartbeat resonate with hers. "We always have something in life that makes us regret it and being in it... I'm not all that different from you at all in that respect. I'm just glad that you were kind enough despite that to invite me in here so warmly, so honestly, the way you did when I showed up that night." He sighs, a mildly bitter and depressed sound, but a sympathetic one through and through. "I don't think you would be so easily accepting of me if you knew me as most people did... I myself have had to do dangerous and harmful things to others to survive, in ways that haven't left me in good standing, despite trying to only do good if anything in the lands I've been to...

"And, in the end, you at least knew who your parents were. Mages in my world grow up without family other than that of each other and their teachers in the College... 'to prevent the calamity and devestation of the Clan Wars that once threatened the sanctity of our world.' It works, and I don't disagree at their positive result, but I don't even deserve to be called an orphan. I was born with the gift of magic as my people know it; my parents, whoever they were, performed a 'civic duty' above any other by giving me to the Elders at birth."

This was why he was so antisocial in some ways, so unsure about strong emotions until recently, so hesitant deep down, to simply connect. He had made peace with himself over this in a way, but the bitter questions still lingered in his heart, out of mind save at times like this... Was this really something that I should have been born into? Would life have been better if I wasn't born that way? Is it really worth it not knowing, or am I missing something that now I'll never even have a chance to know?

Hriob stops to simply hold her tight. "Just know you aren't alone... you don't have to go about this without support."

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
"but...if those things never happened, I never would have met you, and I'm really glad to have met you" she placed one hand on his and kissed him gently sending a chill from her lips. Their hearts beating as one they could feel each others emotions though Night wondered when he'd say it to her.

The twins sat watching the fight, bored at how anti climatic it was. Misery was sitting beside lily, a cute smile on her face as she watched intently. She yawned and the twins seeing her doze off smiled to one another. Xavier picked her up in his arms and the two took her to bed to tuck her in for the night. They then sat down on the main floor by the fire, cleaning their swords as they looked over to the picture with Erebos in it. They smiled, enjoying this new sort of silence about the tavern.

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"I..." Hriob's heart seemed to skip a beat.

In his mind, he confronts himself. Face the facts, you just don't want to realize the truth on some levels, Hriob... you're scared of what these feelings are supposed to mean, you've let Fate and the Elders brainwash you into letting reason take their place for too long. Just admit it, because it isn't something you can afford to lose now of all times. His mind and heart were turbulent, but amidst the storms of his spirit a sense of clarity and focus resolve themselves, and his true feelings resonate freely at last.

"...I love you, Night. I won't leave you."

A milestone in his life has just been passed, an insurmountable hurdle cleared, a weight lifted from the shoulders of his personal Atlas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff