Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Oh Mr. Hriob. Since they are going to have a fight outside as it seems. Do you mind if we talked about some things. I mean when you get the chance" She called out to him and waved at him to make sure she was heard over the other two. She didn't want to cause a fuss over her trivial matter. "I was wandering about if this place needed help or if it would be possible for me to ask for a room." She would wait in her glass of warm water until he was able to talk more in depth with her.
All words fell on deaf ears as the young man fought the urge off attempting to take Heita's head off. He followed quietly with his fist clenched.

Once in the room, he continued until he was in the center and waited for the other to assume his fighting position or whatever. It was a while for him, he hadn't had the mask on for a while. He never needed it, but Heita triggered what he remember the mask for. How for some reason, he grew to need it. It had gotten so bad that he acted different when wearing it.

Dedicated Sage

12,550 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Hriob looks over as he keeps track of the two with his Vision, his eyes glowing slightly in their Indigo as he walks over casually to Lily's table. Waiting for the two to go ahead and enter, he brings his Earl Grey to his hand with a ripple of his Translation Spell... a simple enough piece of magic, save that it was a bit more useful than a standard teleportation spell in that it made full use of the Astral and Aethereal planes to move mass around space-time. It was a recent addition of his to his repertoire, based on a much more powerful spell he knew.

Sipping his tea pleasantly, he grabs a key from behind the counter with another ripple, and sets it on Lily's book. "I might need to help you open the door, but just hold onto this. When you use it to open your room... I think we're on room #9 on the second floor now, Just imagine in your head what you want your room to look like. Master Caleb's magic will do the rest.

"...And don't worry about those two, I'm keeping an eye on them. If it gets too bad, I'll step in and... clean up. It's in my job description after all.

"Now, what would you like to talk about? You'll have to talk to the owner, but I believe we still need a Cook, a Bouncer, or a Barkeep... I've been tending to the bar when Caleb doesn't and my colleague Night, our entertainer, handles more of the cooking than I do. We already have a Medic, Kasa Snowpaw, as well, and another shapeshifter who helps out when she can."

Loyal Soldier

Heita stood impressed at the door way, Gaia never ceases to amaze me. He would give the bar keep a nod of gratitude. "... Once again I apologize for the disturbance I am causing you. I will try to make this quick, pay my tab and be on way. "

Stepping into the arena presented for him, Heita stretched his arms across his chest and began to bounce on the ball of his feet. He would roll his head about to loosen the muscles in his neck and shake out his arms. Standing at 5'9" 185 lbs. Heita's athletic build was hidden behind the close he was wearing. Taking off the reading glass and chucking them behind him into the ocean, Iyam took his traditional boxing stance. "Alright son... let's see what you got..."
Lily smiled at the key and nodded to Hriob. "Thank you for the room, though I can manage on opening the door most likely." She ended that sentence with a little sigh as she climbed out of the water and began to towel off. "I was wanting to talk about being a cook. I mean yeah. I'm tiny. But I can cook. Though it may take some time since I don't fly at my size. But the tele-portation does help me get around a kitchen. If I was hired on please don't mind me if it looks like a large glass is moving around on it's own. Or a platter is floating around. That's just me carrying it." She said and went to the glass of sweet tea and lifted it up and began to sip it. "Though I'm not human sized I do have the strength of a human. Well and small human."
His body twitched as he spoke. He faced him and just stood erect.

"Don't call me that."

His voice barely audible behind the mask. He walked in a nonchalant manner as he closed in Heita. Once before his opponent, he threw a right hook, aiming at the man's face.

Dedicated Sage

12,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
With a wave of his finger the water on Lily's body pulled away into a small sphere in mid-air, which he returned to the glass, leaving her perfectly dry. "I understand, and I'll let Caleb know when he comes out of his study. Don't worry if Night or I help you cook though, I'm pretty hand around the kitchen myself, and she is a really good cook too. The more the merrier and all that." Hriob smiles gently with a cheerful glint in his eye. "I am interested though, if it isn't at all rude of me to ask, but where are you from? I haven't seen a lot of people your size around here, and your aura is quite unique."

Loyal Soldier

Damix Kidd

As Damix was hooking, Heita would simply step-in and turn his waist to block the right hook with left guard and simultaneously throw a right straight to the chin. The movement would place Heita's right leading foot between Damix's leg and leave about a foot between the two opponents.

Heita was feeling out his opponent, keeping things close for now until given a reason to do otherwise. Although his knowledge of Gaia was limited, he did take notice that many Gaian although boosting great mystical powers were lacking in the hand to hand ability. He had no reason to believe his current opponent was an exception to the rule.
Lily smiled at him as she dried off anyway with her towel and then returned it to her midsection and he cloths became a dress again. "Its fine I don't mind help in the kitchen." She said and then looked at the key and leather book when he asked where she was from. "Well. Hmm. Where am I from? A magic library. A page keeper built with magic to help magical library's. We aren't made too much because of the cost. Or so they say. All of our magic is built to restore and help clean up libraries and books." She nodded at him. "But saying I'm built doesn't sound right either. I'm not a machine by any account."
Colonel Iyam A Heita

His left hand shot up and welcomed the punch in a successful block. He quickly placed his left foot back and finally shifted his posture into a fight stance. All while, he twisted his waist and used his right to deliver another hook in the direction of his face. This time there was an immense power behind this strike. Miss or hit, he wasted no time to retract his arm back to position. He felt a bit out of place. His senses weren't dull, but it was not how normally he attacked.

Dedicated Sage

12,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Hriob smiled in recognition of the aura as Lily told him what he needed to place it. "The proper term you would likely be Homunculus, and your soul and aura do match the signature of an Animus set in your body. I have seen some examples of such beings, but oddly enough I haven't met a true homunculus before. The pleasure is all mine... what library though? Sad to say I am a bit of a bibliophile." He smiles sheepishly... although he was the kind to visit a library only once: His Tome's enchantments to preserve his memory gave him perfect photographic recollection of anything he's ever read.

He follows the fight inside the Duelist Room with his Vision, without any outward signs he was doing so... the two were caught up enough in their skillful brawl that even were they sensitive to magic they wouldn't have noticed his presence watching them. It's a fistfight... but they both are not simply swinging their fists either. The masked one seems off somehow and is exuding an odd darkly-blue aura I don't really like, but the other seems more or less strong, but purely by muscle alone. This will be interesting to watch.
Lily straightened out her dress and then spun around once for good measure. "Homunculus. Hmm. Sound about right. As for your second question as to what library. Well it's closed down now. But it was Wather's book shop. It was a small hole in the wall with books piled to the ceiling so I had my hands full so did the old man. It was a specialty magic tome shop for wizards and those sorts. But when Cort Wather died the book store closed down. Legal matters since I'm was just the help I could continue selling the books. And being a page keeper it's not like I was paid. He shared food." She ended with a little sigh. If anyone could see it they would notice a tear in her left eye beginning to form.

Loyal Soldier

Damix Kidd

Assessment: Damix had raised his left to block Heita's straight, redistributed his weight by shifting his stance and is trying to "double-up" on a right hook.

Pulling back his left as he waist twisted, Heita tucked in his chin to force his head behind his left guard. He would let Damix's hook hit the meat of left guard before dropping his weight and pushing his left fist forward as he leveled it so that the thumb would face out to his right. This would give his punch power and speed. He was aiming for the opening in Damix's guard from throwing his hook, striking while Damix was recoiling his fist back into a chamber.

Following the left cross would be a right short-upper to Damix's mid-section. A one-two combo, to teach the kid difference between a street-fighting and trained combat.

Dedicated Sage

12,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
"It's alright." Hriob was sensitive enough in his vision to note her change in demeanor, and gently put his index finger on her shoulder for a second to comfort her, since he couldn't do the same properly with his whole hand. "Caleb's pay isn't spectacular, but it's decent, and at least here it feels less like a job and more like a home. We'll be more like a family to you after you're here long enough... I'm actually not from around here at all myself and I didn't have much of a home at all until I came here. You'll be welcomed in openly, I assure you." His smile is warm and gentle, his eyes friendly and comforting.
Lily nodded softly and wiped her tear away. "Thanks for the little talk. I hope can help. I don't really care about the pay. It's just I can't live in someone else's apartment. And normal library's don't have much need for page keepers. So Having a place to stay is a great start. I can talk with Mr. Caleb when I see him. " She said and walked away from his hand and went to the book. She opened it to the first page and it was covered in scribbles. Not really drawings but little notes that Lily had made in her size.. She took out a pen from her dress and began to write a few things down near the bottom of the page. "There we go. Now tomorrow will start the next page." She said and closed the book.

"Oh by the way. Don't worry if I end up looking like something would hurt. We are made pretty tough. Some magic tomes out weighed me by at least ten times and you know they fall or some young wizard not paying attention dropping a book on me. But they do get the ear full about when they are just being mean." She said and went to the iced tea and took her third large chug from the glass and sat it down. It was still half full.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff