Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Lunatic

User Image

CREATOR Moto-San13 LITERACY Semi-lit to Literate STATUS Under Construction. Accepting. Closed SLOTS Okaa-san 1/1 ⋮ Geiko 1/4 ⋮ Maiko 2/4 ⋮ Guests 0/

For thousands of year, Geisha have entertained and captivated their guests with elaborate clothing, beautiful dances and complex tea ceremonies. But with the world becoming more and more modern, and the definition of "beauty" and "sexuality" being skewed, the Geisha houses began to go out of business. Now being taken over by maid cafe's, the owners of the Geisha houses were forced to update their establishments, or give up. One Geisha House in particular though, refused to give up. The owner spent years coming up with a way to modernize the Geisha practice without losing the classic elegance she knew and loved.

On the corner of a busy street in downtown LA, a new type of Geisha house has been opened. It's been decades since the original owner died, but her daughter had agreed to the woman on her death bed that she would over come anything to keep the place afloat. Hiring the most talented and beautiful men and women, she has trained them all in the arts the traditional Geisha before them had studied. Though the young woman has added her own twist to some things. Each Geisha in the house is known for his/her own unique personality trait or quirk that stands her apart from their companions. Along with this, there are themed nights where the Geisha wear different outfits to entertain the clients, some more revealing than others, but each is able to customize the clothing to their own tastes.

The new owner has taken the establishment from opening night, to the most popular place in downtown LA in only a couple of months. Through hard work and some, "creative" advertising strategies, people line up for blocks just to see the talented beauties in action.

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Fuzzy Lunatic

Rules of the House
User Image
I am the creator of this role play therefore what I say goes.

This is a semi-literate to literate role play so I expect no less than one good paragraph per post. I understand writers block, but really something like 8 sentences at least shouldn't be hard. I'm sick of people joining my role plays and giving me nothing to work with.

Follow all Gaia Rules for role playing.

No God moding, Auto hitting, any of that crap. Write your own stories if that's what you want to do.

Send reserves to me titled "Dear, Okaa-san". I'll hold it for a day unless more time is agreed to for good reason. But don't worry, I'm understanding. All profiles are to be sent to me titled "Sincerely, (the name of your character)". I will NOT accept a profile without a reserve. Eg for the profile title incase you're confused "Sincerely, Mimi" Or "Sincerely, Kei"

Text talk or using ** for actions will not be accepted here. "..." will be for talking, '...' for thinking and ((...)) (or something along those lines) for out of character chat.

Cursing is okay, just don't use it every other word.

No cybering. Romance is perfectly fine, but if it gets too intimate, time skips should and WILL be used. End of story. Imply that things happened all you want. But no detailed stuff.

Fighting can happen but it shouldn't very often. This is a Geisha house not a fight club. Keep in mind the Gaia to's and don't get into gory detail.

You can have up to 2 characters if you feel you can keep up with them. But you may not be two Geisha unless I give permission. You can be two guests.

Please be nice to ALL other Role players. I will not tolerate rude or hateful comments for any reason. If you have a problem with another role player, tell me immediately and I will help work things out. Also, this is a role play open to ANY sexuality. So if you're a homophobe please leave.

Please include at least your character's name and picture in your posts. If you would like to add more, I'm fine with pretty posts but don't spend a long time on your layout and put out crappy posts.

I would like to see creative characters. I know it's easy to be lazy but I will not accept Mary-sues/ Gary-stues. No overly perfect characters, flaws make people more interesting and provide room for character development.

New rules will be in PINK.

Fuzzy Lunatic

A Note From Okaa-San
User Image
Okaa-San - Translates to Mother. She is the owner of the house and cares for all of the Geisha. Her duties are to provide clothing, food and housing for the Maiko and Geiko and in return, they work to pay her back as they become full fledged Geisha.

Maiko - A Tranee Geisha, they are young and must be trained by a Geiko who is known as their Onee-San (older sister), or in some cases Onii-san (older brother). As Geisha were originally men, the new Okaa-San wishes to bring back this tradition and offer male as well as female Geisha. Maiko's begin their training from anywhere between 15 to 18 years of age. The Maiko traditionally wore brightly coloured elaborate Kimono and head pieces complete with a red collar which was indicative of her rank.

Geiko - An experienced Geisha, they are older and more experienced. They must help train a Maiko who is known as their Imouto-san (younger sister), or in some cases Otouto-san (younger brother). A Maiko is promoted to Geiko between 19 to 23 years of age, as their training spans 2-5 years. Geiko wear the more mature, plain kimono.

Patrons - Those who regularly attend events at the Maple and contribute to the income of the house. The Patrons may have chosen a favourite Geisha, or perhaps they prefer to try a new one every night they come. They hire the Geisha to attend events and entertain, and some may contribute money specifically to the care of their favourite Geisha. All money is given to the Okaa-san, who files it away in that Geisha's own safe. The money will then be used for food or outfit costs, medical bills and makeup/ hair costs for that specific Geisha. This way the Geisha's own debt will not rise.

Gifts - Geisha can receive non-money gifts from Patrons, as well as give their Patrons gifts in return. The gifts given by a geisha are elegantly packaged fruits given as a way of symbolizing a deep relationship. The Geisha speaks with the Okaa-san about getting the fruit, which is also a way for that Geisha to promise more income from the patron receiving the gift. In the end, all parties win. The Geisha shows her gratitude and possibly love for the patron, the patron receives the gift which is a step forward in the relationship between them and the Geisha, as gifts are rarely given to patrons, and the Okaa-san makes more money in the long run because now the patron is more interested in returning.

Booking a Geisha's time - A patron may book a Geisha's time by speaking with the Okaa-san. She will schedule things like in house appointments (sitting at a table with the Geisha for entertainment food and drink) as well as out of house events such as parties where the Geisha (Maiko and Geiko) will show up and entertain a group.

Skills - The Geisha possess many skills they use to entertain their guests. Painting/ sketching, singing, dancing, playing instruments, performing tea ceremonies, mixing drinks, poetry, writing, calligraphy etc.

Some examples of possible themed days would be; Burlesque (sexy pinup styled outfits adorned with feathers, beads, pearls, crystals etc), The Wild (animal ears and tails added to the normal kimono), Chinese (Traditional Chinese Styled outfits hair styles and makeup), Around the world (traditional garb from other countries eg. India, Scotland, Egypt, etc.) We will NOT be doing Lolita or maids as Maid cafe's are the competition to the Geisha House. The idea of themed days is one way Okaa-san has made this Geisha House a bit more modern.

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Maple

User Image

The Outside

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Entrence

The Two Floor Dining Room

The Bar

The Private booths

The Stage

The Private rooms

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Geisha Quarters

Okaa-San's Quarters

Fuzzy Lunatic

Profiles and Reserves
User Image
The Geisha Slots

The Tomboy
The Innocent
The Elegant
The Outgoing
The Exotic
The Mysterious
The Impish
The Artsy

LINK TO THE OOC/ PROFILE THREAD

RESERVES
[img]100 X 300[/img]

[size=9]Personality Trait | Personality Trait | Personality Trait[/size]
❀ [size=11]Name[/size] ❀[size=11] Gender[/size] ❀ [size=11]Age[/size] ❀ [size=11]Slot[/size] ❀
❀ Username ❀

PROFILES
[imgleft]Appearance. Anime only.[/imgleft]
[u]The Basics[color=white] x x x x x x x x x[/color][/u]

❀[size=9][b]Name[/b][/size] [color=posting color]First and last.[/color]
❀[size=9][b]Age[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Remember, Maiko are 15 to 19 and Geiko are 20+. Patrons would be 20+ as they are financially stable and have plenty of money to spare.[/color]
❀[size=9][b]Gender[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Male or female. Both Geisha and Patrons can be either gender.[/color]
❀[size=9][b]My Race[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Patrons are human but Geisha can be fantasy races, within reason. Creatures with huge wings for example wouldn't work well for this as the wings wouldn't be able to move with the kimono and would make dancing and performing difficult. Ask me about a race if you're unsure.[/color]
❀[size=9][b]Sexuality[/b][/size] [color=posting color] here[/color]
❀[size=9][b]Height[/b][/size] [color=posting color] here[/color]
❀[size=9][b]Weight[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Make it believable please. [/color]
❀[size=9][b]My Part[/b][/size] [color=posting color] Character slot.[/color]

[u]Some Things About Me[color=white] x x x x x x x x x[/color][/u]

❀[size=9][b]Likes[/b][/size]
❤ [color=posting color][/color]

⇒[size=9][b]Dislikes[/b][/size]
✘ [color=posting color][/color]

⇒[size=9][b]Talents/Hobbies[/b][/size]
✔ [color=posting color][/color]

[u]Digging A Little Deeper[color=white] x x x x x x x x x[/color][/u]

❀[size=9][b]Personality[/b][/size] [color=posting color] here[/color]

❀[size=9][b]Fears or weaknesses[/b][/size]
☠ [color=posting color][/color]

❀[size=9][b]Other[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Other details. These can be random quirks your character has, or maybe they already know one of the other characters. If you are having a pre-existing friendship with another character make sure to check with the other person first so they know.[/color]

❀[size=9][b]Played By[/b][/size] [color=posting color] Username[/color]

❀[size=9][b]My Colors[/b][/size] [color=posting color]Write out the name or code for your posting colors here. By posting color this could mean the main colors you use in your posts or the colour your character speaks in. This will just help relate your profile with your posts.[/color]

Fuzzy Lunatic

Accepted Reserves
User Image

The Geisha

Okaa-San

User Image
Dominant | Sarcastic | Playful
Akane Female24Okaa-San
❀ Moto-San13 ❀

Maiko

User Image

Curious | Shy | Determined
Michael Rafael Frost Male17The Impish
❀ Azurynn ❀

User Image

Curious | Happy-Go-Lucky | Gentle
Keiko Hattori Female 16 The Innocent
❀ BurningCapitol ❀

Geiko

User Image

Stubborn | Spoiled | Lady-Like
Allura Ambrose Female 20 The Elegant
❀ BurningCapitol ❀

The Guests

Fuzzy Lunatic

Weather and Relationships
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXThe Weather Report

Summer Fall Winter Spring

Sunny Cloudy Windy Breezy Rainy Snowy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXRelationships

Friends
Enemies
One sided crush ♥☞
Mutual Crush
Dating

Fuzzy Lunatic

Geisha Schedules
User Image

The Maple Geisha House Hours

Monday 5PM - 10PM
Tuesday 5PM - 10PM
Wednesday 5PM - 10PM
Thursday 5PM - 10PM
Friday 5PM - 10PM
Saturday 4PM - 11PM
Sunday 4PM - 11PM

Geisha Training Schedule

Monday | Tea Ceremony Classes 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 3PM Prepare for opening 3PM - 5PM

Tuesday | Fan Dance Lesson 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 3PM Prepare for opening 3PM - 5PM

Wednesday | Art and Calligraphy Class 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 3PM Prepare for opening 3PM - 5PM

Thursday | Instrument Lesson 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 3PM Prepare for opening 3PM - 5PM

Friday | Bar Tending Class 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 3PM Prepare for opening 3PM - 5PM

Saturday | Singing Lesson 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 2PM Prepare for opening 2PM - 4PM

Sunday | Poetry and Writing Class 7AM - 10AM Lunch 10AM - 11AM One on one Training with Onee/Onii-san 11AM - 2PM Prepare for opening 2PM - 4PM

Geisha Entertaining Schedules

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The Tomboy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXKeiko Hattori The Innocent

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAllura Ambrose The Elegant

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The Outgoing

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The Exotic

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The Mysterious

XXXXXXXXXXX Michael Rafael Frost The Impish

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The Artsy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items